Original thought

Started by Athos, July 07, 2011, 12:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athos

I neither believe, nor care, whether my opinions are original thought or not. It is my belief that original thought does not exist in any form. It’s kind of like rule thirty-four for life. If you can think of it, not only has it already been thought of, but it’s also been perverted. What does this mean then? Can thought that is not original still be valid? Can you be brave or courageous or decent for standing up for ideas that are not entirely your own? Absolutely. While most of life is covered in shades of grey, there are things that are wrong and things that are right. As human beings it is our responsibility to stand for truth, kindness, compassion and integrity.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

JadenMystic

I don't think I could have said that better myself, Athos. Very well done. :-)

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Athos

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

TentacleFan

While I do feel there's some merit in trying to do something new I agree with you that doing something good is most important. I would rather follow along with someone else's ideas if they are better than what I'm bringing to the table for the situation. If something is done well even though it's already been done before, that doesn't make it any less well done. 
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Eternal Blade

There is more true about what you said than I can sum up with words, but we should never forget original thought. Thinking of new innovations is something we must all strive for, and we can never forget that. Sure we may end up looking a bit foolish more than once in a while, but trial and error is what life is all about. If we don't try to forge ahead with new innovations and ideas, then future generations will suffer for our lack of attempt.

Though, to quote a wise man, can't remember who he is right now. "There is nothing more amusing, than a young man who has thought of an old idea, and believes it's his own."

Oniya

Sidney J. Harris, author of the column 'Strictly Personal'

http://www.wisdomquotes.com/topics/arrogance/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Oniya on August 31, 2011, 09:23:20 PM
Sidney J. Harris, author of the column 'Strictly Personal'

http://www.wisdomquotes.com/topics/arrogance/
Why thank you, I knew I had seen it somewhere. It appears I couldn't even remember the quote in it's entirety.

Athos

Quote from: Eternal Blade on August 31, 2011, 08:55:12 PM
There is more true about what you said than I can sum up with words, but we should never forget original thought. Thinking of new innovations is something we must all strive for, and we can never forget that. Sure we may end up looking a bit foolish more than once in a while, but trial and error is what life is all about. If we don't try to forge ahead with new innovations and ideas, then future generations will suffer for our lack of attempt.

Though, to quote a wise man, can't remember who he is right now. "There is nothing more amusing, than a young man who has thought of an old idea, and believes it's his own."

I agree with you completely. We always have to keep striving to be better than we are. What I was trying to say is that sometimes in this mad scramble for pure unadulterated individualism people throw aside beneficial ideas and concepts simply because they've already been thought of.

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Athos on September 01, 2011, 08:34:22 PM
I agree with you completely. We always have to keep striving to be better than we are. What I was trying to say is that sometimes in this mad scramble for pure unadulterated individualism people throw aside beneficial ideas and concepts simply because they've already been thought of.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, and I have to agree.