News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire: The Masquerade - DC By Night

Started by Nicolae, March 23, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolae

Once you have sent me your updated sheet (Freebie points included), go ahead and post a picture of your character and a brief description of common knowledge about them. DO NOT POST YOUR CHARACTER SHEET HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE.
O/O   Ideas

Florence

Does it have to be any specific type of image and are images required? :o

I have no problem using an image, but sometimes I can't find one that fits my character and in those cases I prefer trying to describe them through text than going with an image that doesn't really fit.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

zenpai

I was thinking the gangel form "kindred the embraced"
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Florence

Kindred wasn't exactly accurate to VtM lore. I can't recall how accurate the gangrel were, since its been a long since I saw it, but I wouldn't base your character off things from Kindred unless you're sure it fits VtM as well.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

RubySlippers

Altagracia Santiago
Reveler of the Night

Always wears this in silver and small rubies for the eyes: http://silverbiten.shop.textalk.se/halsband/bathomet-tennhalsband

Altagracia is a Caitiff in the city for some time once the Prince let her stay and is largely considered utterly harmless she spends her time largely enjoying her Unlife and as an active member of the Left Hand Path Religious Community as a Theistic Satanist. Of course this largely includes debauchery and lascivious means of worship so most assume its as much her pleasure as devotion.

One thing is known she is a Trust Fund Baby living on generous investments for income ,with various investment firms in Switzerland, and loathes work since she has no reason to do so, and she supports the Prince and Elders largely because they want to hold power and do all the work - fine by her. She meets her minimum obligations expected that is enough as far as she is concerned including sending 19.98% (6.66% x 3 representing the Unholy Trinity*) of her income to the Prince for use in his duties to the city. Its not she is not useful to have around however she is soundly for The Six Traditions and openly supports following them among the clanless and neonates supporting them as part of her moral code even more so than older vampires, being a fine example for others without being preachy about it. Overall is like more than a few vampires just not trying to make waves and leaving affairs of the city and wider world to the Elders.

Overall she dresses modestly and very femininely accenting her form, in public at least. And appears to be in her mid-twenties.

* Satan, The Antichrist and the False Prophet

Ebb

Norman Black
Nosferatu

Recluse. Trader in secrets.
From his home somewhere within the Metro tunnels he stalks the Net, making use of tools that older vampires do not comprehend.
He is considered harmless by most and useful by some, his loyalty available for a little coin or blood.
Rumors say that his Sire was extinguished for not knowing his proper place; Norman will surely not make the same mistakes.

Florence

If anyone's interested, by the way, the latest version of a really cool mod for Bloodlines is coming out April 4th.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtm-the-final-nights

QuoteWith 7 completely brand new clans, 5 new disciplines, extra quests, new NPCs, new game mechanics and new music, the features seem endless. All of this is being built upon the Camarilla Edition series incorporating such things as the blood timer system, pedestrian blood dolls, and the new combat system.

Nicolae

@Finn: It can be any kind of image, and it's not required.
O/O   Ideas

zenpai

Brujah  it is than so I want to make an ex-slave who help start the underground railroad, and help out in the freedom marches.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

RubySlippers

Quote from: zenpai on March 24, 2014, 09:42:47 PM
Brujah  it is than so I want to make an ex-slave who help start the underground railroad, and help out in the freedom marches.

You can be no older than four decades for the ex-slave and former part won't work but being a freedom protestor would fit the age you can be.

AndyZ

Joanna Kyleson

Joanna runs the Cat's Eye, a strip club discreetly situated within the city.  Through time and effort, she's gotten the club recognized as her own domain by the Prince, even though others are welcome to feed and work there.  More than one new vampire has gotten a start working tables or as a bouncer with a strictly nocturnal schedule.

Although it's no real secret that she's a Follower of Set, she's worked hard to earn her place within the Camarilla time and again, even if the decadence so common to the Setites has clearly rubbed off on her.  Time and again she's proven her ability to offer all sorts of aid without judgment or disapproving gossip...at least, according to rumor.  It's not surprising that few Kindred have come forward to admit their need of her assistance.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

kckolbe

Very welcome, and thank you.  I finally got the book!  One of these flaws seems to have an error:

Lazy (3pt. Flaw)
You are simply lazy, avoiding anything that requires
effort on your part. Preferring to let others do the hard
work, you lounge around. For any action that requires
preparation, there’s a good chance you didn’t properly
prepare. Difficulty rolls for spontaneous Physical actions
(including combat, unless it’s part of a planned
offensive) increase by one.

Shouldn't it be excluding combat?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Miroque

AndyZ

Quote from: kckolbe on March 24, 2014, 10:55:14 PM
Very welcome, and thank you.  I finally got the book!  One of these flaws seems to have an error:

Lazy (3pt. Flaw)
You are simply lazy, avoiding anything that requires
effort on your part. Preferring to let others do the hard
work, you lounge around. For any action that requires
preparation, there’s a good chance you didn’t properly
prepare. Difficulty rolls for spontaneous Physical actions
(including combat, unless it’s part of a planned
offensive) increase by one.

Shouldn't it be excluding combat?

Combat would be involved as a spontaneous physical action.  You really have to exert yourself with all the moving around and such.

kckolbe

Oh, I thought it was saying that he wouldn't plan.  The except for planned offensive threw me.

EDIT:  Would love to have you along.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Miroque

*blushes* nice to be wanted :) Lets hope GM shares the feeling.

I would love to play Tremere Neo, Apprentice of the year geekess, that has been transfered to DC from Old World, under the apprentice transferal the House Tremere has. (that way she need to make new contacts in the new enviroment, giving Neo things to do)

Miroque

Character on character blender... and Smoothy-character coming up....

VonDoom

Another Tremere, excellent! My character is coming together quite well and I should be able to send it by this evening (GMT).
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Miroque

I jsut posted the first draw of teh application to Gm.. lets hope its not returned like an bumerang

VonDoom

Query, o generous and wise ST:

Do you already have a Tremere Regent worked out for the DC chantry? And if so, any information you're willing to share? Would they be available as a potential Sire?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O