Interest Check - Mage the Awakening

Started by Pockets, January 30, 2011, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

Just putting up this post to see if anyone is possibly interested in a non-erotic, story orientated Mage game.

Mage the Awakening Wiki page
Official White Wolf Mage the Awakening Page

OOC Thread
Character List

Character Sheet

Character Name:
Player Name/SN:
Chronicle:
Virtue:
Vice:
Concept:
Path:
Order:
Legacy: (No Left-Handed Legacy's)

ATTRIBUTES (5/4/3- All Attributes start a 1)
Favored Resistance Attribute - Acanthus, Moros, Thyrsus: +1 Composure; Mastigos, Obrimos: +1 Resolve

Strength:
Dexterity:
Stamina:

Presence:
Manipulation:
Composure:

Intelligence:
Wits
Resolve:

SKILLS (Please note Rote Skills with an *) [11/7/3]

[i]MENTAL[/i]
(-3 unskilled)

Academics
Computer
Crafts:
Investigation:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:

[i]PHYSICAL[/i]
(-1 unskilled)

Athletics
Brawl
Drive
Firearms
Larceny:
Stealth:
Survival:
Weaponry:

[i]SOCIAL[/i]
(-1 unskilled)

Animal Ken
Empathy
Expression
Intimidation
Persuasion
Socialize
Streetwise
Subterfuge

ARCANA
— 2 dots in 1st Arcanum, 2 dots in 2nd, 1 dot in 3rd, (two of these must be the Path’s Ruling Arcana) +1 dot in any Arcanum
Death:
Fate:
Forces:
Life:
Matter:
Mind:
Prime:
Spirit:
Space:
Time:

MERITS (10 pts)

FLAWS

PROTECTIVE SPELLS

HEALTH
Maximum = Stamina + Size
Wounds

WILLPOWER (Resolve + Composure)
Permanent:____
Pool: _______/______
(Spent)/(Permanent)

GNOSIS
1/10

MANA POOL (Starting Mana Pool = Wisdom)
_____/_____
Points Per Turn: ____

WISDOM (7 to start, unless altered during character creation)

[__]10
[__]09
[__]08
[__]07
[__]06
[__]05
[__]04
[__]03
[__]02
[__]01

Size: 5 (unless changed by Merit/Flaw)
Speed: ___ (Strength+Dexterity+5=Speed)
Defense:
Armor:
Initiative Mod: ____ (Dexterity +Composure)

ROTES
Name Arcana Level Dice Pool (Book and Page)

COMBAT
Weapon Dice Mod. Size Range Clip

DESCRIPTION
Shadow Name:
Date of Birth:
Age of Awakening:
Hair:
Eyes:
Race:
Nationality:
Height:
Weight:
Sex: (Male or Female please)
08/02 - New A/A Update

Dizzied

I'd be more than interested in playing.  Mage is my favorite WoD game.  :)

KaiiVii

I know nothing about it but I like the sound of the name
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Starlequin

Mark me down as interested as well, please. And add a little star by it so I feel all speshul.  :D
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Pockets

I added links so people don't confuse it with Mage the Ascension.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Starlequin

Very nice. I just googled 'mage WoD' and read about both of them, cuz I'm inquisitive like that. Both seem quite fascinating, and I'd be more than willing to join a game in either setting.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Senti

interested.

though know werewolf better.

Pumpkin Seeds

Prakkie

Oooh... Sounds good. There's way too little story-oriented on here!

So yeah, interested :).

Pockets

I posted the Character Sheet. I'll see about posting a premise and starting a character thread later tonight. The main books I'll be using are the Core WoD book, Mage: The Awakening, Armory and Armory: Reloaded. If you have another book you'd like to use lemme know. If you don't have the books I've listed, then lemme know and I'll see what I can't do to help. The internet after all is a wonderful thing.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Senti

I have the main WoD book and the core mage.

(Along with lots of werewolf and Ling stuff).

Pockets

Added the link for the Character thread and the OOC forum.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Dizzied

Cool!  Do you have a setting in mind yet? 

Pockets

The story will take place in New Orleans, starting date is August 22, 2005. I have a story idea in mind, but a lot of the smaller details will be tailored to the Cabal proper.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Dizzied

Alright, can't wait to...oh...oh dear.  August 22nd, you say...

Well, I think I know what might be happening but I won't say anything.  ^^;

Pumpkin Seeds

Kirinis

Ooh, this seems like fun.  Any space for a latecomer?

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

Kirinis

Is it standard character creation other than having 10 Merit points instead of 7?  Are there any particular restrictions?

Pockets

If you're gonna use a book I haven't listed make sure to tell me what book and page.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Lady Kitsune

*peeks*

I'm interested.  Will work on something and have it up when I can.
I am working on it, I swear!

Tomalak

Has this yet begun?  If not, I may want to join.  I do have a few questions first, though.

Can you give me a general idea of the themes involved in this game?  I'd like to have an idea of what type of story I would be involved in.

What kind of conflict should we expect to see?  Will this be Players vs Environment, Players vs Enemis, Players vs Rivals, Players vs Players, Players vs Self?

How are the Paths & Orders involved in this story?  I notice in your Character List that the council seems to be made up of representatives of the Paths, rather than Orders or Cabals.  Can you tell me something about why that is?  (Either in character historically, Out of character thematically, or however you want to look at the question)

I'm new to Elliquiy.  Is there a game thread that I'm not seeing?  Are you limiting starting Gnosis to 1, or can it be raised with Merit dots, as usual?  It looks like no starting XP, which usually signifies young characters; is that an accurate assumption?  How old/long awakened do you want characters to be?  Are there certain elements that you require/forbid/suggest for backgrounds?)

When I play in a game like Mage, I like very much to feel a part of the setting, and to interact with the elements intrinsic to it.  Is there anything about your setting, other than the real world New Orleans, or the core M:tA(NWoD) material, that is a visible, significant part of the setting?
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

Muse

Meep!  Am I too late?  I just got my books dug out... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pockets

No the game has no yet started, and as for all of your questions Tomalak, why don't you play and see?
08/02 - New A/A Update

Tomalak

I ask these questions so that I can determine whether or not the game sounds like fun to me.  After all, if I don't see any chance of the game being enjoyable, why play?  On the other hand, perhaps the game would suit my style, in which case, I'd hate to miss it.

If your intent is to withhold information regarding thematic & general plot type in order to be mysterious, then I respectfully request that you state mystery as part of the theme when describing your game. 

I know how disappointing it is to have a player leave a game that's currently in progress.  One of the reasons I believes this happens is because the participants are not on the same page regarding what they want to get out of the game.  Don't you think the game would be more fun if everybody knew what kind of game to expect going in?
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.