Under the Bright Lights of Vegas(Vampire parts need to be filled!)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, June 28, 2010, 01:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auroraChloe

hiya dis and other peoples. 

when do you plan on really starting this thing?

i'm interested in "The Masters Pomme de Sang" role, but am going away for a week very soon. 

a/a 8/21/17

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: auroraChloe on July 02, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
hiya dis and other peoples. 

when do you plan on really starting this thing?

i'm interested in "The Masters Pomme de Sang" role, but am going away for a week very soon.

Hey you :)

I'm gonna start the game up when we've got all the major parts filled, so once we have the MOTC, the Usurper, the Ulfric, and maybe the Rat king character profiles up we can start this baby.  After that, I really want a few other characters up to, like a witch or two, some RPIT, and a few more weres.  The more the merrier!  Oh, and don't worry about being away for a week, I'm sure it'll work out.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Awesome we now have, the Tiger queen, the Queens Pomme de sang, and a member of her pack approved.  As of right now, we will be getting a vampire hunter, the MOTC, we might be getting the Masters Pomme de sang, and if I'm correct we'll be getting our Ulfric.

We're still looking for someone to play the Usurper, but if no one want's him, we can make him a NPC, which I'm sure would work well to.

We are looking for more ladies, since us girls are outnumbered in this game right now.  But anyone who is interested in joining, we'd love to have you!

Also, if you check out the first post in this thread, you'll notice that I've added the Arc descriptions.  As of right now, the current plot will focus on a power struggle with the MOTC and the Usurper.  The second one will swing it's focus to mysterious murders involving the Werewolves, and the third will introduce the Vampire Council. I haven't thought about anything further, since I don't usually plan too far into a game.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciro

lol, well it seems as though all the girls are going to get a lot of attention in this rp! BTW I submitted a profile. If anything needs tp be changed or edited, let me know.

undisclosedtoyou

Lol, I loved your profile Ciro.  And yups, it does look like us ladies are gonna be getting a lot of attention, but than again I've already decided that Sid is gonna be very non-monogamous lol.  We can sure use more woman now though, so woman don't be shy!  Come on in and join if your interested!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

We are still looking for any ladies that might be interested in joining our little game.  So far the approved characters men to woman ratio is 3 : 1, we can sure use a few more woman to balance it all out.

Oh, heads up; in the very first post of this thread, I've added the names of the different were packs, since well...they don't all go by the term "pack".

Also woot!  We now have four characters up and approved.  We have the Tiger Queen, her Pomme de sang, a member of her streak, and a vampire hunter/Animator.  We should be getting our Ulfric, MOTC, and his Pomme de sang, at any time.  We are still in need of someone to take over the part of the Usurper, the ROM(Rat King), and any other were or vampire parts people might want to take up.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Vostroya

I'll send you my character sheet for the Vampire master later on tonight when I finish it.

undisclosedtoyou

Vos, I loved your character profile!  Once you put it up in the character thread, I'll stick it on the list of character.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kylie

Still interested.  Been a little busy, but thinking I'll put in a female character.  Leaning more toward young vamp or tiger... 

Not sure if it helps to have too many young PC vamps with an NPC leader?   Although I suppose, the upstart leader will presumably have some neat allies or tricks up his magical sleeve?  Something besides the press (or if necessary, assault wave) of young bodies to keep his position somewhat viable...

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kylie on July 04, 2010, 11:11:35 PM
         Still interested.  Been a little busy, but thinking I'll put in a female character.  Leaning more toward young vamp or tiger... 

Yay!

QuoteNot sure if it helps to have too many young PC vamps with an NPC leader?   Although I suppose, the upstart leader will presumably have some neat allies or tricks up his magical sleeve?  Something besides the press (or if necessary, assault wave) of young bodies to keep his position somewhat viable...

Well if your vamp is a supporter of the Usurper, than I just might have to advertise for a non NPC Vampire gone Usurper.  That way it'll give your vamp something to bounce off of(that sounded suspiciously like an innuendo, but wasn't meant as one.)  If she wont be a Usurper supporter, than you won't have to mind about playing with a NPC leader, since we just got our MOTC a few hours ago.

As for the Usurper plot, I'm working out the kinks.  His turning of minors, is basically to show that his morality it questionable, and that his actions risk the progress that the preternatural community has made towards basic rights in the city and the U.S as a whole.  If people start seeing them as a bigger threat, than what they already consider. Violent act's can increase, and their hard won rights could be stripped away.    Beyond that, his actions will escalate to dangerous levels, all of which I'm so not gonna reveal here lol. 

But either way, another vampire would be incredibly useful.  :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

auroraChloe

hey! posted my character profile... so i guess i'm committed to this game.   :D

a/a 8/21/17

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: auroraChloe on July 05, 2010, 08:13:56 PM
hey! posted my character profile... so i guess i'm committed to this game.   :D

Sweet!  Thanks Chloe!  Adding Kylie, and Aidens prospective characters, we'll have three females to I think five men, awesome! 

So the list of approved characters we do have are:

The MOTC(M)
The MOTC's Pomme de sang(F)
The Tiger Queen(F)
The Queens Pomme de sang(M)
A member of her Streak(M)
A human Vampire hunter/Animator(M)

We have prospective characters:

Vamp or tiger(F)
and Ulfric(M)

Before I open this game up, I'm hoping to get someone to fill the villains role of Usurper.    And of course we can always use more woman.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LimitlessNikkie

This sounds so fun! I'll definitely will be posting a bio for a vampire.

Ramael

kylie

Sent a sheet.  I just made a loyalist vamp, so there's no great pressure to get a PC usurper there.  Although I have to admit, the idea of being in the bevy of young usurper victims was pretty tempting too  ;)

auroraChloe

Dis...   looking at the links etc you provided makes me want to read the books!  also, i can't find anything other than the basic definition of the Pomme.  i am assuming they are not equivalent to the 'human servant' that goes through the four marks. 

a/a 8/21/17

kylie

It's been a while since I read the books...  Now I want to pick up the last couple, myself.  But I don't recall seeing too much said about them, either.  It was a little different in the series, because some pommes were also werecreatures or otherwise gifted.  Those can have more high-powered roles to play in the power struggles, apart from providing sustenance. 

I think it's mostly a steady food/energy source.  Becomes more important for those who have large energy needs, or more specialized types of need/taste in food.  Being one can also be something of a prestige (or danger) factor in the vampire/fan/paranormal communities, as places one "close to ear" of the biter on a regular basis.  Or perhaps it's the other way around!

Brumak

Do you need anymore Male's I was directed this way by auroraChloe. I can pick a role you need filled or make a vampire or werewolf.

auroraChloe

Quote from: Brumak on July 06, 2010, 02:02:26 PM
Do you need anymore Male's I was directed this way by auroraChloe. I can pick a role you need filled or make a vampire or werewolf.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on July 02, 2010, 04:35:40 PM
I'm gonna start the game up when we've got all the major parts filled, so once we have the MOTC, the Usurper, the Ulfric, and maybe the Rat king character profiles up we can start this baby.  After that, I really want a few other characters up to, like a witch or two, some RPIT, and a few more weres.  The more the merrier!  Oh, and don't worry about being away for a week, I'm sure it'll work out.

& from the character thread so far.....     anything not in bold is wide open.

QuoteNot all these positions need to be filled, in fact I doubt very much they all will be.  But view this as a guide of what's available, only these characters are available.  If you want a position that's not listed, well, sorry it won't be allowed.  That being said suggestions on adding positions is more than welcome, but regular humans will not be in this game outside of NPC's unless I think it fits into the story arc. This game will not be on a first come first serve basis, so make sure your character applications are awesome! I will be updating this list over time, so positions can/will be added and subtracted.  All Characters will be older then 18, unless your the newly turned vampires, those characters will be 17, nothing younger please.  The Master as well as the Usurper will need to be older than 200 years, the older the better; but nothing too out there as an age.  Non vamps are not immortal-esq.  When a were shifts they shift into their animal and/or a man beast.

The Vampire Master of Las Vegas : Male : Malix Vern
The Masters Pomme de Sang : Any sex : Lynette Spencer
The Masters Body Guards : Any sex : Need two
The Usurper : Any sex : Need one
Vampires : All sexes : As many as possible : Loyalties to the Usurper or Master
Weretiger Queen : Female : Sidney Montgomery
The Queens Pomme de Sang : Male : Paul Mavern : Submissive
Body guards to the Queen : All sexes : Need two : Dominant
Were-Doctor : All sexes : Need one : Any
Weretigers : All sexes : As many as possible : Any : Russel Donahughe
The Werewolf Ulfric : Any Sex : Need one : Dominant
Lupa : Depends on Ulfrics orientation : Depends on if the Ulfric wants one.
Skoll,enforcer, body guard : Any sex : Need one : Dominant
Enforcer, body guard : Any sex : Need one : Dominant
Were-Doctor : Any sex : Need one : Any
Werewolves : Any sex : Maximum of two : Any
The Rat King : Male : Need one : Dominant : Militaristic
The Queen : Depends on Kings Orientation : Depends on if that King wants one.
Body Guard : Any sex : Need two : Dominant : Militaristic
Were-Doctor : Any sex : Need one : Any : Militaristic
WereRat's/Rodere : Any sex : Need 2-3 : Any : Militaristic
Witches/Sorcerers : Any sex : Up to three : Any
Animators : Any sex : Up to two : Trevor Broddick
Vaudun priests : Any sex : Up to two
Necromancers : Any sex : Up to two
RPIT : Any sex : Up to three

a/a 8/21/17

undisclosedtoyou

Nikkie: Sweet!  More vampires would be awesome for this story!  Can't wait to read the character you put up!

Quote from: Ramael on July 06, 2010, 05:59:21 AM
*gasps* a redhead *drools* oh no, vampiress *curses*

Your silly! :P

Quote from: kylie on July 06, 2010, 06:44:59 AM
        Sent a sheet.  I just made a loyalist vamp, so there's no great pressure to get a PC usurper there.  Although I have to admit, the idea of being in the bevy of young usurper victims was pretty tempting too  ;)

Lol, that idea is tempting!  But I'm glad you chose a loyalist, makes it easier for me :)  I' haven't read it yet, but I'll get to it right after I post here.

Quote from: auroraChloe on July 06, 2010, 07:06:51 AM
Dis...   looking at the links etc you provided makes me want to read the books!  also, i can't find anything other than the basic definition of the Pomme.  i am assuming they are not equivalent to the 'human servant' that goes through the four marks. 

Kylie answered that perfectly for me.  I don't see why a pomme couldn't also be a human servant, but I think Masters usually choose powerful humans as servants, someone who could somehow benefit them.  In the books Anita was an Animator/necromancer, Marshal, vampire hunter, Lupa and so on and so forth. 

Which reminds me, Kylie a human servant going through the marks, is a triumvirate thing right?  So if for example if the Master wanted a Human servant he would still need a were to close the triangle right?

Quote from: Brumak on July 06, 2010, 02:02:26 PM

Of course we can use more males :)  As for roles, we do need an Usurper(although I'm seeing the benefit of having him/her a NPC more and more.  But a wolf would be really handy!  I still have to go over and nag Aiden into finishing his character bio, but why not be the were-doctor in the wolf tribe, I'm thinking this game needs a doctor.

Thank you Chloe for quoting the character list :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Brumak

I'll do the Were-Doctor. I'll whip up a profile here sometime tonight.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Brumak on July 06, 2010, 08:30:29 PM

Awesome! I can't wait to read it.

And I love that this game is coming along so well. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kylie

QuoteWhich reminds me, Kylie a human servant going through the marks, is a triumvirate thing right?  So if for example if the Master wanted a Human servant he would still need a were to close the triangle right?
First, the little disclaimers.  Anita herself proves to be the most obvious exception to almost every metaphysical "rule" in the books.  It keeps her full of awe and wonder to be sure, but it also keeps the spotlight firmly upon her and makes her vastly powerful (if complicated and busy)...  (Do we each get "surprise powers," or is that more an NPC edge? Heh.)   Next, there is only a limited and experimental understanding of what sorts of triumvirates are possible.  There are only a few in the entire series.  It's one of the ongoing mysteries, revealed in bits and pieces here and there.  They do seem to all involve vampires (or similar leaders), weres, and a servant or follower of the vamp...    I don't remember all of the details so well now, but the triumvirates are mentioned on various web pages.  Doing the best I can...           

I'm not entirely clear about the question.   A servant can have marks without joining a triumvirate.  The marks just add power (and usually, control from above).  Of course, that would be useful (probably necessary?) for a triumvirate to form, too.  But a triumvirate isn't the only or even the main use of the marks, as far as I can remember.  I don't think there is any automatic connection between number of marks and triumvirate, except that those most likely to become triumvirates share a certain common ground and power level.  Thus they are rather more likely to share more marks than others, just on those grounds.  Other than that... 

Leaving alone the general usefulness of the marks...  I don't think many plan out a triumvirate per se.  I got the impression that sometimes, they just find that they relate and can share power in ways that count as one.  I think some might also wish to have one and not be able to, or not imagine it possible for their joint personalities or power levels.

Technically, it also depends what you count as a vampire mark.  Anita isn't precisely a vampire, but she can feed on sexual energy and exchange energy with Damien.  Jean-Claude considers this basically vampire power.  I think, she eventually has her own second triumvirate with Damien and Nathaniel.

auroraChloe

Quote from: Brumak on July 06, 2010, 08:30:29 PM

ryan reynolds ?      SQUEES !!!!! 

a/a 8/21/17

Brumak