[LFG] Marvel Universe RP Group wanted!

Started by Funbaca, May 22, 2009, 07:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funbaca

Hey there, I'm guessing it was your curiosity that led you to click into my thread. Well I hope it was :D

I was hoping to join/start a Marvel Universe Roleplaying group. Idea is that you would create your character; one who isn't aware yet of her/his mutant abilities but will slowly discover and eventually develop them.

PLOT:
You are a young teen who has just discovered/close to discovering her/his powers. The mid point story I intend to stick closely along side cannon events where your characters will be background characters toward the main stars such as Wolverine, Professor X and so on, meeting with them, interacting and in some cases fighting along side them OR even against them :)

Looking for about 5-6 people but I'm sure a couple more could be easily accommodated.

Regards,

Funbaca

FlaminGlory

strudel

PhantomPistoleer

Huh, if something like this ever gets up and running, I would love to play.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Limoncello

Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

mannik

sounds interesting to say the least...

PhantomPistoleer

::eyes guys suspiciously::

All right, dibs on growth teen hero with super intelligence!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

HairyHeretic

Just to give you a heads up folks, Funbaca currently doesn't have home net access, so it may be a couple of days between his postings at present. If you don't get a response from him in here, that's the reason why.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Funbaca

Right this seems to be a sufficient turn out  :)

As HairyHeretic mentioned I currently am limited to my local internet cafe but it should only be 2-3 days usually between my posts unless something comes up that keeps me away. If that is cool with all of you guys then Welcome.

Now it will need to be decided which Universe we are playing in. I have had some expressed interested from one of you to play in the Ultimate Universe.

For those of you who are uninformed here is a quick intro to the Ultimate Universe

Ultimate Marvel is an imprint of comic books published by Marvel Comics, featuring reimagined and updated versions of the company's most popular superhero characters, including Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Hulk, Thor, Daredevil, the X-Men, the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four. The characters have new origins, freeing them from the sometimes convoluted back-histories of the original versions which were thought to turn off new readers unfamiliar with their extensive histories. The universe has been designated as "Earth-1610" within the Marvel Multiverse, which comprises an infinite number of alternate universes.

More info can be found at the Wikipedia address http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Marvel

To be perfectly honest with you all I am fine with playing any of the ''Universes'' in marvel.

I respect to sex; I am perfectly fine with sexual content but I do not aim to turn this into a sex-story. Character to character sexual relations is fine and posting your characters experience is fine also. Just remember the main focus here is character development and action. You are superheroes after all ;)

Finally just as one person has already asked, sexuality and gender is entirely upto yourself and by gender I am pointing toward haermaphrodites, transexuals and transvestites or no gender, I don't think it needs to be said that male and female are all good ;)
Again, sexuality is also an open field; anything you like; Go Crazy!

Other than that guys! If your all happy with it then just post to let me know your in or out and we can begin :)

Regards,

Funbaca

PhantomPistoleer

I like the idea, however, of creating our own Universe.  I do enjoy the idea of playing in the Ultimate Universe simply because it's possibly the less contrived universe out of all the Marvel Universes, with the sole exception being the Mutant X Universe, which I enjoyed (I have a predisposition to like Havok, sue me).

However, I thought that maybe we should craft our own alternate Universe.  Something crazy like, Dr. Doom captured the Scarlet Witch and eliminated the mutant genome in human beings utilizing Hex Magic, which attracted the attention of Celestials because the mutant genome was a part of their cosmic experiment.  The Celestials then began the systematic destruction of the planet, until a band of heroes united to fight these living Gods.  In defeating the Celestials, many of these heroes perished-- giving way to a new breed of heroes, inspired to greatness by the sacrifices of those that came before them.

Where does the timeline differ, exactly?

Dr. Doom and Reed Richards never attended the same university, so in this society, the Fantastic Four do not exist.  However, Reed Richards is in possession of the Ultimate Nullifier, which was necessary to defeat the Celestial threat.  Back to Dr. Doom, he instead went to school with Charles Xavier and Eric Lesshner, who became Magneto.  The three were great friends until something catastrophic happened:  Magneto accidentally killed Dr. Doom's mother.  This led Dr. Doom to wage war against mutantkind, and set off a war between the three.

The reason why Dr. Doom never went to Columbia (or Empire, or wherever he went to school) was because of his own doing.  Dr. Doom, in the 616 Universe, went back in time to fix Latveria's standing with the world, but set in motion this universe.

OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Funbaca

Thats a good decent plot line. Although there is some complication here. For example if Von Doom and Xavier & Eric Leinshir all were college buddies together undoubtedly Erics inner hatred for Mankind would have come out sooner with Von Doom mental side of things. Plus Von Doom would never have any of his magic abilities.

A few other things such as Xavier possibly having a different perspective of mankind considering the huge difference is social circles here there are bound to
be little bits that make big differences.

Anyone else got suggestions; We can mold them together and make a Frankenstein's Monster of Marvel Universes!!

Regards,

Funbaca

mannik

Wait...why would you want to remove the mutant genome? That would completely remove one possible explination for our characters' powers.

Marble

Can I still express some interest in joining?

And I am all for creating an alternate universe, but if I do have any say I recommend keeping it simple yet still different.

Funbaca

Right guys, as of now I have 6 players.

• FlaminGlory
  • Strudel
  • PhantomPistoleer
  • Cello
  • Mannik
  • Marble

This will be my first game and I hope you guys are up for some fun. I will need a PM from you all to make sure your all still interested.

Funbaca

Doktor Sleepless

Count me interested, please. Can I still join?

Funbaca

I have decided that I am canceling the game considering a lot of the players have not returned to confirm.

Sorry

Funbaca

Mathim

If you ever decide to start it back up I'm game, and I can guarantee I'll be able to post at least once a day.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Greg MD

Hi Funbaca, I see this game is kind of dead. *is sad*. I have had interest for a long while in a Marvel RP. I have a partial plot worked out https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=36997.0
It's at the bottom of the first post in that thread and revolves around the symbiote life form (Venom and Carnage for those unfamiliar) from Spider-Man, and involves the rest of Marvel as well. Any interest in teaming up?

Mathim

Dude, I'd totally be into that if I could get a piece of the symbiote. Separation Anxiety...I wish they'd allowed those newly created symbiotes made from tearing the Venom symbiote apart to stick around for a while instead of eliminating them all.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).