Babylon 5 RPG 2nd Edition - Need Players!

Started by RubySlippers, January 20, 2012, 02:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Okay time to be more pro-active here I will be happy to run a game in this system if I can get a co-GM and interested players using the B5 RPG rules starting at Level 1. I'd like a nice mix of characters who know each other that are not canon that takes place after the Shadow War and before the Drakh War and could be merchants, B5 Earth Force personnel, civilians, rogues and scoundrels or others of any canon race. I'm not a stickler for grammar but am for posting regularly and keeping the game moving and likely it will be sandbox and non-sandbox depending on what is going on.

So if your interested let me know.

playfullchick76

Aybara

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Okay I will run this and keep looking for a co-GM in the meantime.

Lets see I will base this between the end of the Shadow War and before the Drakh War, on B5. To keep things simple no one will be in Earth Force that doesn't mean you cannot be in security, a mercenary, a soldier or officer of another race or something. And you will all know each other your influences must include Edgars Industries. All of you will be connected to that corp but B5 is your main influence. I'm not allowing any Rangers to start.

This will vary between sandbox and group play so don't be tied to usual concepts if you want to do something different like be a dock worker of some standing or something fine.

Just send in concepts for now nothing else posting here.

playfullchick76

Ok, Im familiar with B5 up to season 4, and William Edgars did have things smuggled from place to place. I could have been a freighter captain that helped in exchange for cold hard credits, and would have come to B5 quite a few times. My character would be from an Earthforce family, but lost most of them in the Earth/minbari war. Hows that sound so far for my character.

RubySlippers

A Trader works now to note you have someone willing to let you get a used military cargo ship and modify it some for 400,000 credits with a Narn Regime trading license (they are minimally demanding and don't care what you trade in just not to the Centauri). The monthly repayment would be 8000 credits half going to the principle and the other halp is profit for the investing parties EI, their venture capital arm. One requirement Michael Garibaldi has to be a contact with that feat since he would be the one to get you the sweethart deal for the odd job request you must take for expenses covered and a bit of a profit.

Otherwise you get an Earthforce Shuttle, a license from the Narn and a big debt with a far small cargo ship since well you only get 400,000 credits at most.

Your choice.

playfullchick76

I like the first one. The bigger the ship, the more cargo it could carry, legitimate and otherwise. The Narn trading licence fits as well, as the Centauri did nothing to aid Earth during the war, and I would have no problem with not trading with Centauri. Not that they would want to with me.

Choice number one it is.

RubySlippers

EARTH ALLIANCE MILITARY CARGO SHIP
(decommissioned)

A model from the Dilgar War this was disused after most were destroyed during the Earth-Minbari War but some survived in League Space or in various shipyards and civilian models are common. The design is still sound and used for many commercial cargo vessels without the military grade capability of this ship.

Defense 10
Armor 22
Handling +1
Stealth +5
Stress 14

24 Spaces
Engines, Ion Drive [2]
Electronic Sensors +1
ECM +5
Control Space [2]
Crew Space  [3]
Cargo Space [16]
Life Support - Six Weeks

• Weapons - One Matter Accelerator (fwd) [1]

Special Features: Atmosphere Capable, Autopilot Suite, Dedicated Autopilot Code, Hidden Cargo Compartments (two spaces), Targeting Computer +2

Muse

Question: 

Are the Technomages back yet, and if so is one an acceptable charecter? 

If not, I've got some ideas.  (First of which is a Narn soldier.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Quote from: Muse on January 22, 2012, 12:21:55 PM
Question: 

Are the Technomages back yet, and if so is one an acceptable charecter? 

If not, I've got some ideas.  (First of which is a Narn soldier.)

Technomages, not around officially they might be in a few more decades but there are some budding their noses in but its not a class so no would not be allowed.

Muse

All right.  :) 

Looking through my books now.  :) 

Playful, do you need a pilot or commander for your ship's guard maybe? 

RubySlippers

The ship is a one-person vessel, it could have someone else on board but would need modifications and the loss of cargo space. And yes its the biggest ship that player can get its border medium. I was being nice it could have been a basic cargo shuttle used and the debt.  O:)

playfullchick76

RubySlippers

You do get its a small ship a bodyguard makes alot more sense, plus your going to have to assign one space for quarters losing cargo.

Its fine but your not exactly a merc fighting ship. ;)

Since you have another character I tweaked the ship adding one crew quarters space and a forward cheap weapon for defense, just in case. Plus two spaces of cargo are in hidden holds giving a +9 difficulty to find them.

Aybara

I'm considering a human licensed commercial telepath, it'd give my character a reason to potentially get involved in any negotiations... although most of those will be as an impartial party but it might prove interesting.

RubySlippers

No problem there I'm allowing one telepath, if you do this you can opt to roll for PSI rating or take a PSI rating of 6 automatically bit cannot further modify it at level one you must take a Telepath Feat.

Muse

Muse

In my own words: 
   "Grandfather, I wish to perform the Razor Dance and prove my worth to wield our family's ka'toc." 
   "Razor Dance is gone, little one.  If it survived the blast that killed your father it is lost beyond a hostile border." 
   "Nonethless, Grandfather, I wish to perform the dance."
   The old man nodded, and the narn girl stepped back into the first stance, with the k'toc she'd used since her thirteenth birthday ready at her belt.  She drew it and held it before her eyes. 
   "This is Razor Dance, the ka'tok of my family." 
   It was not.  Razor Dance was lost to them, but she must perform the dance precisely while reciting the liturgy in a clam, even tone.  She swiped around and low with the blade, bringing it up to her shoulder. 
   "It was once a plowshear, 'til Zal'thor, my ancestor, forged it into a sword." 
   A strike straight across at neck level, and the dance began in earnest. 
   "As it was forged, so have we been forged." 
   Quick spinning draw cuts to weaken a strong enemy. 
   "As it was once, it can never be again." 
   Gaining in speed, striking at more vital spots. 
   "As we were once, we can never be again." 
   Twisting full around to deliver the killing blow, but then, still... 
   "But this is not our final form." 
   The ka'tok moved slowly, drawing her behind it, and she understood what it meant to be one with her blade. 
   "To be a peaceful warrior is to dance on the edge of a razor." 
   The old man had tears in his eyes as his grandaughter sheathed her blade.  He embraced her and kissed her forehead.  "Ja'toth, you are worthy to wield the razor dance.  Your father would be proud." 
   Even as she embraced her beloved teacher, her thoughts were not with him.  I can't be like you, Grandfather.  I can't let go of our tradition just because I'm the last of your line.  I will wield Razor Dance." 

History: 
   Ja'toth was born as the ocupation on Narn was lifting.  Her mother--weakned and sickened from injuries taken in the revolution, died in childbirth.  Her father, Ta'jar, and her grandfather, An'jorn, raised her to thrive in the new time of peace but to be strong and ready should war come again.  With a broad variety of athletic ability, knowlege of dozens of weapons, and computer skills to give her a career in civilian life, Ja'toth was a child of hope and readiness. 
   When the Shadow War came, she was not yet old enough to serve, but her father rallied to Ja'kar's call.  A year latter, he was slain in battle on a distant world. 
   On the day she came of age, Ja'toth performed for her grandfather the ritual forms that the wielder of the family ka'tok--Razor Dance--must master to inherit, and slipped away from her home to retrieve her blade. 
   Serving a human free trader as a computer operator and bodygaurd, she got into space, but the world they needed to reach never came onto their trade routes.  Eventualy, out of friendship alone the trader ran a blocade to get her to the world where Ta'jar and died and they found Razor Dance. 

RubySlippers

Will have threads up in a day or two, one for character sheets. Note the merchant ship has a weapon have suitable training is a good idea at least a little.

Muse

Can we build the characters yet?  :) 

Sorry, I am both eager and possessed of free time. 

RubySlippers

Of course just make the sheets legible, and follow the rules.

Don't forget the trading ship has a defensive weapon so have a little skill in that, you may not need it but just in case.

Telepath you can again have a fixed PSI of 6 or roll and take your chances (in the first case you cannot boost your rating higher at 1st level though) but I must note for roleplaying the higher your rating the more likely your leash with PSI Corps will be tighter. A P6 is decent but not someone they would expect much out of save make them money and make them look good.

Muse

RubySlippers

Quote from: Muse on January 24, 2012, 12:26:58 AM
25 Point Buy then?

Fixed stats the third option before racial modifiers.

8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15

Muse

In my own words: 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
   "Grandfather, I wish to perform the Razor Dance and prove my worth to wield our family's ka'toc." 
   "Razor Dance is gone, little one.  If it survived the blast that killed your father it is lost beyond a hostile border." 
   "Nonethless, Grandfather, I wish to perform the dance."
   The old man nodded, and the narn girl stepped back into the first stance, with the k'toc she'd used since her thirteenth birthday ready at her belt.  She drew it and held it before her eyes. 
   "This is Razor Dance, the ka'tok of my family." 
   It was not.  Razor Dance was lost to them, but she must perform the dance precisely while reciting the liturgy in a clam, even tone.  She swiped around and low with the blade, bringing it up to her shoulder. 
   "It was once a plowshear, 'til Zal'thor, my ancestor, forged it into a sword." 
   A strike straight across at neck level, and the dance began in earnest. 
   "As it was forged, so have we been forged." 
   Quick spinning draw cuts to weaken a strong enemy. 
   "As it was once, it can never be again." 
   Gaining in speed, striking at more vital spots. 
   "As we were once, we can never be again." 
   Twisting full around to deliver the killing blow, but then, still... 
   "But this is not our final form." 
   The ka'tok moved slowly, drawing her behind it, and she understood what it meant to be one with her blade. 
   "To be a peaceful warrior is to dance on the edge of a razor." 
   The old man had tears in his eyes as his grandaughter sheathed her blade.  He embraced her and kissed her forehead.  "Ja'toth, you are worthy to wield Razor Dance.  Your father would be proud." 
   Even as she embraced her beloved teacher, her thoughts were not with him.  I can't be like you, Grandfather.  I can't let go of our tradition just because I'm the last of your line.  I will wield Razor Dance." 

History: 
   Ja'toth was born as the ocupation on Narn was lifting.  Her mother--weakned and sickened from injuries taken in the revolution, died in childbirth.  Her father, Ta'jar, and her grandfather, An'jorn, raised her to thrive in the new time of peace but to be strong and ready should war come again.  With a broad variety of athletic ability, knowlege of dozens of weapons, and computer skills to give her a career in civilian life, Ja'toth was a child of hope and readiness. 
   When the Shadow War came, she was not yet old enough to serve, but her father rallied to Ja'kar's call.  A year latter, he was slain in battle on a distant world. 
   On the day she came of age, Ja'toth performed for her grandfather the ritual forms that the wielder of the family ka'tok--Razor Dance--must master to inherit, and slipped away from her home to retrieve her blade. 
   Serving a human free trader as a computer operator and bodygaurd, she got into space, but the world they needed to reach never came onto their trade routes.  Eventualy, out of friendship alone the trader ran a blocade to get her to the world where Ta'jar and died and they found Razor Dance. 
Attributes: 
Strength   12   +1
Dexterity   15   +2
Constitution   15   +2
Intelligence   14   +2
Wisdom      8   -1
Charisma   8   -1

Hit Points:   13

Defense   13   (Class +1, Dexterity +2)
DR 2      (Padded Armor, ACP -1)

+4  Fortitude
+2  Reflex
-1  Will

Combat: 
Base Attack   +1

Razor Dance
--TAB +3
--Damage d8+4
--Critical 19X2

PPG: WG Model 10
--TAB   +3
--Damagae 2d6
--AP 1, Automatic, Light
--Range 40'
--Shots 6
--2 Caps. 

Influence:

Languages: 
English
Narn
Skills: 
Acrobatics   4 +2 -1   =d20+5
Athletics   4 +2 -1   =d20+5
Computer Use   4 +2   =d20+6
Drive      4 +2   =d20+6
K. Narn Culture   4 +2   =d20+6
Stealth      4 +2 -1   =d20+5

Gear:
Caryall: 
--Bedroll
--Change of Undergarments X2

Pouched Belt: 
--Data Crystal X2
--Identicard
--Handcuffs

Credits: 185

Feats: 
Family Ka'tok
Toughness
Weapon Focus: Ka'tok

Weapon Proficiency: 
--Close Combat
--Grenade
--Pistol
--Rifle