Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Be glad this is just an act and I'm on your side," he said. "Terminator's have to train in all sorts of combat skills as a precaution. More than once someone's assumed cos I didn't have a gun they were safe only to find themselves getting drop kicked to the floor before they can so much as yelp in response."

Animegurl5

"Hmm, so you're that type are you? I'm sure you would make an interesting opponent against me. I might not look or act like it but I'm quite skilled with hand to hand. My reaction time has proven to be better then most that were on my squad and I could last the longest in a wrestling match against someone above my weight group. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you are on my team but if things go south and you have orders from them... well don't worry about me, I can hold my own pretty well." She held a friendly challenge in her features.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

They pulled up to Times Square where a tall, tattooed man was stood against a newspaper stand, chewing gum and seemingly ignoring the crowds shuffling past him.

"Tom Scott," Tyler said, nodding toward the man. "Ex-MI6, ex-SAS, let me do the talking." He got out and walked over to the man, appearing to the casual observer to simply be passing the time of day with the man, who passed him a piece of paper and nodded to him before Tyler walked back to the car. "He even told me where we can find a plane to get us there quicker," he said as he began to drive away. "Looks like this plan is finally getting going properly."

Animegurl5

"It's definitely going a lot better than my plan when I tried to ditch Turk... I still don't understand why he kept following... Why he didn't just shoot me when he had the chance. Or why the man shot only at him... Why not shoot at me too. You wouldn't have any idea why that is would you?"
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"Turk was ex-Firebrand himself," Tyler replied. "I met him before they managed to make him defect to Tom's crew. I think he'd grown uncomfortable about what they were doing long before that though. They took him out cos they knew he had a whole lot of their secrets in his head, even if they only left him in a coma he'd be as good as useless to you."

Animegurl5

"That's what they told me before we left to come find you, but what I don't quite understand is the not targeting me part. He was trying to stop me from going on my little suicide mission, he had his gun pointed at my head Tyler. He was going to shoot me... but they got to him first. All that did was cause me to crash my bike. So why not shoot me when they had the chance? With the level of skill it took to shoot him like that, it would have been even simpler to shoot me real quick before making a run for it.... So why not? UGH! This is so frustrating." She growled, though it sounded more like an inhuman snarl.

Lady Jenn

"Because Turk knew where to find them," Tyler replied. "Without him you could've taken hours or even days to figure out where your sister was by which time it might have been far too late. Of course they didn't realise you had another source to get the information from," he said with a smirk. "I hope Turk is okay though, I didn't spend that much time with him but even before he jumped ship he seemed like a genuinely nice guy."

Animegurl5

"Perhaps too nice. You should have seen him on that road, you could tell that he didn't want pull that trigger. He hesitated a moment too long..." Something stirred in her chest, her eyes misting over as she pulled her knees up to her chest, burying her face as the tears she had been holding back began flowing. "It's all my fault. Had I just listened to Tom this wouldn't have happened. But when I ran away from Fizz and Turk, I wasn't even planning to look for her. I didn't plan much of anything actually. I was just going to storm the building we were in before. I had convinced myself that what I was doing was the right thing but the more I thought about Tom's nephew in trouble the more I knew that I had made a mistake. So I decided that my pride was more important. I couldn't face Tom again after the decision I had made and so I was on my way to my execution... Not to save her."

Lady Jenn

"You can't blame yourself," Tyler said, gripping her hand for a moment before letting it go. "You did what you thought was right, Turk knew he was putting his life on the line trying to help you. You can't blame yourself for what happened, that's exactly how they want you to think. Take it from me, you can't let scum like these guys get into your head."

Animegurl5

"They've been in my head for years... I just never realized it before now." She stared at her knees for a few minutes, sitting in silence before she spoke again. "Can I turn on the radio? I've found music can be the cure to anything." She said, still looking at her knees.

Lady Jenn

"Sure," he replied. "Not that this is probably any consolation but you get desenitized to killing people eventually in our line of work. You can't make a good Terminator-class otherwise, I think its why your sister trusted me to pull the trigger. She knew I'd been trained to ignore my emotions if I needed to get a clear shot. Me and her were..." he went bright red. "If MI6 realised I'd got close to my target they'd fire me in five seconds flat."

Animegurl5

"Ew, even though she isn't related to me by blood, she is still my sister so I would rather you keep that to yourself thanks." She raised an eyebrow then shook her head. "At least she found someone who cared for her properly." Sky hit the button for the radio and she immediately recognized the song('I Don't Wanna Die' by Hollywood Undead). "The story of my life... Unfortuneatly." She said before falling into the rhythm and singing along.

Lady Jenn

"I'll make sure we can use the plane without any questions," he said as they pulled up at the airfield. "I need you to phone Tom, tell him the minute he hears the word 'Spiderdome' over the bug he placed on me Raven team need to make their move immediately."

Animegurl5

"Got it." She pulled out her phone and dialed Tom's number. "Hey Tom it's me. Tyler and I are on our way out so he told me to tell you that the second you hear the word 'Spiderdome' from the bug you guys planted, you are to make your move immediately no matter what. Got it? Ok, bye." She closed the phone, turned it off then put it in the glove compartment next to the gun. "Ready to go." She sighed.

Lady Jenn

"I think Firebrand have more problems than they realise," Tyler said with a laugh as he came back to the car. "The guy guarding the plane is an undercover MI6 agent too, he promised that he wouldn't give away our identities, which is good cos he recognised me before I'd even opened my mouth. We should go on that plane before his less friendly colleagues come back from their break though."

Animegurl5

"No arguments from me." She said, then looking to the glove compartment. "I turned off my phone and put it in there... Hostages aren't supposed to have phones the last time I checked." She laughed then got out of the car.

Lady Jenn

"Just stick with me," he said as they headed towards the plane, a young red-headed man nodding as they walked past and got in the plane. "Hopefully we can deal with whatever they may throw at us." He got them in the air in moments, as if he flew planes for a living when in reality he had little flight experience.

Animegurl5

"You know I'd rather walk around with a gun strapped to my hip yelling I'm a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater." She said sarcastically, and rolling her eyes with a smile. "I'm not stupid you know."

Lady Jenn

"I've spent ages undercover with these guys," he said. "Odds are I'll know some of the guards, so I'll know how to deal with them, preferably without opening fire unless we absolutely have to."

Animegurl5

"Please tell me that I didn't get stuck with the only man on the planet who couldn't take a joke. I'll act as nasty towards you as anyone should expect... After all you were "pretending" to help us so I should think you a traitor. Correct? Easy enough. I hope."

Lady Jenn

"Sorry," he said as he saw the airfield they needed ahead of them. He switched the auto-pilot on and reached into his jacket and pulled out a pair of handcuffs. "I should've thought of this before we took off, don't particularly want to handcuff you but we have to make this lie as convincing as possible." He put the handcuffs on her, but made sure they were as loose as possible so as not to hurt her.

Animegurl5

"Now, now Mister... I wasn't aware you rolled that way." She snickered mischievously, her smile bright before she regained her composure and went into mission mode. "Ready when you are."

Lady Jenn

"Just remember, my name's Raker as far as these guys are concerned," he said, switching the autopilot off and preparing to land. "I know you wouldn't blow my cover on purpose but just be careful."

Animegurl5

"Understood, Captain Raker... I would salute you but my hands are cuffed." She stated blankly. The nerves were picking up again, the feeling of excitment building up in her stomach. Taking a deep breath she sat back, bowing her head slightly and staring at the floor.

Lady Jenn

They landed, Tyler helping her out to be met by a man in a strangely patterned military uniform and sunglasses who took one look at her and pointed to the car behind him.

"Thank you Corporal," Tyler said to the man as he helped her into the car. "Evidently Scott phoned ahead to warn them we were coming. I assume our cover held, there were enough soldiers there to kill us in five seconds if they realised the trick." As they pulled away the extent of the guards around the airfield became clear, at least thirty heavily armed soldiers that they could see, and probably more out of view.