[M/M] [Vigilantes & Villains] I'm Not Special

Started by Dotley, August 13, 2016, 12:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotley

I’m Not Special
Modern || Superpowers || Vigilantes & Villains

▫  ▪  ▫

It’s been over a decade since they happened. They’re called lots of things. Mutants. Alphas. Freaks. Metahumans. Some of them have even been named heroes, though just as many have been prosecuted as criminals. Whatever they’re called the fact is that they’re different from everyone else. They’ve been randomly blessed and cursed with extraordinary abilities for reasons that no one has yet to figure out.

They’re special, but he isn’t.

Because he can’t do anything like they can. He can’t become invisible or read minds. He doesn’t have super strength or the ability to resurrect the dead. His power? He can make the special people temporarily lose what makes them special. His presence simply negates anything fantastic and returns everyone to normal.

He isn’t special and he's learned to be okay with it.

Unfortunately for him he’s the only one that believes that.

Pertinent Information

• This is a very bare bones idea. Basically I want to create a world in which superhumans have semi-recently emerged and are starting to change the world. Is it for the better or for the worst? And what happens when it’s discovered that there’s a superhuman out there with total power negation? Is he considered a boon or a threat to the livelihood of all other superhumans? I’m happy to rework some of the premise or add in brand new elements according to my partner’s interests. We’ll just have to talk about it! I want to collaborate on a story beyond what has been laid out so far.
  • I'm looking for a writing partner that will write a character (or characters) opposite of the superhuman with power negation.
  • Sometimes I post daily, but sometimes it might be a week or so before I reply. And when real life happens it happens. I’m looking for a writing partner that will be content with a steady, but no pressure pace for the story.
  • Forum only. I enjoy using AIM or PMs to discuss details about the story, but not for writing out full scenes.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."