Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

There really is not a issue at hand here. It would be absurd to expect the GM of a game this large to track all of the players who express interest but do not join. And why they did not join.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

PrestaDGTation

Hey, all!

Norwegian One!  I think we just got ourselves a Krogan!  You are approved!

PM me if you are working at EDI's supermarket or not!  ^-^

Go ahead and move on over to the Character Sheet Thread when you get a chance!  Feel free to pop in on Arcadia or kick back in NYC!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Laughing Hyena

Still working on my sheet but it takes time to write up stuff. ^_^

If people want to see it anyway without all the backstory i can probably crack out the essentials.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 18, 2014, 01:08:03 AM
Still working on my sheet but it takes time to write up stuff. ^_^

If people want to see it anyway without all the backstory i can probably crack out the essentials.

You can also throw a WIP Spoiler in here. :D

Laughing Hyena

Will Do! Here it is! WIP

The Chosen Undead/The Arisen

Current Occupation: Monster Hunter/Demon Slayer (Need help with picking something from the modern world.)

Home World Information: Lordran/Drangelic are two different kingdoms that are divided not by borders but by time. Lordran's history saw the Age of Fire and the benevolent gods whom ruled over them come to a sudden end with many Undead taking Pilgrimage to these kingdoms. The former because of an insatiable draw of a legend to know the true purpose of the Undead, to light the First Flame or Usher in the Age of Dark. The other for survival and asylum as Drangelic draws the Undead to seek souls in hopes of becoming powerful enough to rule over the land in place of King Vendrick. Many do not know why they make the journey, some even forget why they have. The only that they know is that they must in order to seek answers. The answers are for them to discover and their motivations all their own. Within these lands only those most skilled, and strongest can survive.

Appearance/Style Description: The Chosen Undead when he has lost his humanity and his true nature revealed, is not more than a fresh corpse reanimated with a black void over the back near the right shoulder and a large gash cut into his chest as if by a large sword. The scar in question occasionally glows as he is linked to the Dragon Grigori. He has mats of black hair that ends at the neck. Although patches of hair have fallen out due to decomposition. His eyes are milky white and glazed over though he can still see and hear perfectly well as if among the living despite this appearance.

When among the living his hair is well groomed if a bit messy from the helmet hair, and his skin is slightly tanned by the sun giving an olive complexion from him. His facial features are highlighted with a sharp jaw with well kept teeth. His eyes are a brilliant green and his hair was a jet black akin to a raven's feather. Decently athletic due to his strength to wear even the heaviest of armor and wield the most weighted of weapons he has a solid frame of defined muscles without a loss of speed. The vicious scar over his heart still remains though the marking of his curse is missing from his back now that he is human for the moment.

Personality: The Chosen Undead allows his actions to speak for him often, willing to remain silent unless the situation calls for it. Death to him is a constant companion and his opponents neigh impossible to best but he has no doubts that he can triumph against such impossible tasks. It has been a long time since has had any sense of normal social activity and as such is a bit awkward in a mundane environment. He doesn't know what to do with himself and because of him always looking over his shoulder for a potential invader is properly paranoid and often a bit jumpy. Even to such a point that he will usually ready his weapon first before he ever speaks a word of friendship. He has learned harshly that sometimes the most trustworthy of individuals will shove you into danger and as such he is cautious of newcomers. He reveres the sun as a holy beacon of warmth and comfort in such times of strife.

History: The Chosen Undead's journey was one of arduous tasks, nearly impossible quests and danger around every corner since he can remember. Within the Asylum he could had to fend off it's gatekeeper the Asylum Demon, which was the first of many insurmountable foes to face. The Gargoyle Demons of the Parish, guardians of the highest bell to the Blightbog and the insidious Queelag whom sought his souls to save her beloved sister from agony. Then his journey into Anor Londo revealed a horrible truth… the gods, all but a precious few had left this world after the revelation that Gywnevere was naught but an illusion fabricated by the god Gywndolin. The sun truly was lost within the heavens despite Solaire's hopes.

However bleak, he continued to press on after this revelation without truly knowing why, carrying the hopes of those of Firelink Shrine. He would seek the Great Grey Wolf Sif, a friend he once saved from the Abyss to slay the Four Kings, This was followed by others such as Seathe the Scaleless the traitor of all dragons, the Witch of Izalith the birthmother of demons, and Gravelord Nito the bringer of death. He fed these souls to the fires deep below. Kingseeker Frampt and Darkstalker Kaathe had both told different tales and different opinions of what to do once within the Klin of the First Flame. However one task remained, to slay Gwyn the Lord of Cinder. However before he could return he encountered upon his trek through Firelink Shrine, a gigantic dragon, one whom dwarfed the very hill and had driven off the crow that brought him into Lordran.

The Chosen Undead strong as he was, could not best the dragon on a first and sudden attempt. However what happened next was much different. The dragon spoke in an unknown language and pierced his chest with a mere touch of the talon and swallowed his still beating heart. Gwyndolin would find another more suitable pawn as consciousness fled the Chosen Undead and banished him from Lordran. Darkness slowly took over him, however in brief instant he found himself whisked across a vast span of reality and he awoke within a bonfire far from the desolate peace of Firelink Shrine and arose off the shores of a sandy beach. The words echoing in his mind… "If you would face me, take up arms newly Arisen." The Chosen Undead knew that he had been taken away from a predetermined path and flung somehow by magic. However without the means to return he would follow this new road towards the outpost up ahead. There he found that there was more than one person interested in him.

From a void of endless mists and shadow, men and women would swear their service and fealty towards him. The Legions known as the Pawns now recognized him as Arisen and would live and die at his side. The Arisen as he was called in the realm of Gransys began his quest to recover his heart and renew his efforts to return to the task he had abandoned. Monsters of many kinds were fought yet all the while, his link to Lordran still rang true for his curse had not fled him. Every time he perished without a wakestone he would return to a bonfire as if nothing had occurred and with every notion of death a fragment of humanity was lost to him and would have to be recovered. His need for souls to sustain him still remained and dark spirits still hunted him with the intent of stealing what he had earned.

Nevertheless, the Arisen would fight against these cruel fates and like a true hero cast himself into oblivion without hesitation for the sake of a kingdom that knew not his name or motives. The Chimera, the Drake, the Evil Eye, the Cockatrice… All these monsters would stand in his path alongside his pawns and he would cut through them all without fear. He would not allow despair to fester in his own soul. During his journey into the Evermeet battling against the Gazer he would find another path swallow him whole casting him down into the void and within he saw multiple worlds of all kinds. Each of a different color and shadow, the endless possibilities lead him falling down through the Evermeet and into one more kingdom…

From Gransys into the void of Drangelic he found himself within Things Betwix and journeyed through the perils to meet with the ancient crones whom knew his origin and sought the Herald whom knew of his curse. She told him of what he needed to do… To his realization he realized he was back within Lordran… only he had lost hundreds of years during the time he had been banished. And during that time the cycle of Undeath had begun again with new tales and new faces behind it all. A small piece of the Lordvessel allowed him to travel between bonfires still during this moment of adventure. He would explore these regions with many failures amongst the way. But none the less he would confront the bell keepers of the Bell Towers, the accursed Hollows of Huntsmen's Copse, The Mirror Knight of Drangelic Castle and finally stood at the apex of the dizzying heights of the Dragon Shrine. Before him was Grigori instead of the Ancient Dragon and there they fought ferociously.

It was only through sheer chance that the Arisen failed to slay Grigori and he fell head long down from the vast heights of the Dragon Shrine and down to the Earth. Down to the shores of Majula and swallowed up by a black void. When he came too a young woman holding a staff with a lit candle and her eyes covered by wax was gently chanting before him. More than one realm had need of him once more and that the one whom saved him from a long climb back to the Shrine was someone whom called herself the Maiden in Black. A keeper of worlds and wayward souls. It was here the Arisen, Heir of Drangelic, the Chosen Undead now remains for the moment. Trapped and unable to leave. For now he waits and prepares to pursue his unfinished business.

Current Situation: Trapped in the Nexus within the realm of Bolteria. (Demon's Souls)

Weapon: Dragonfang - Recovered from a wrecked commerce raider, known only by its Ljosalfar style and maker's mark, and by its name inscribed on the blade. The Chosen Undead suspects it is from a realm far from his own and has somehow found it's way into the Nexus. Truth be told it is a weapon from Amalur and a powerful one in the hands of a pyromancer.

Special Powers:

Reckoning/Fate Shift - The Chosen Undead has shifted from one destiny to another and has been able to shape his own path without question. Changing not just his abilities but incorporating many skills and facets. He can go further then that and influence the fates of those around him by literally unraveling their own destinies. Breaking the shackles of fate for a brief moment he can change someones pre ordained moment of death or create a fate that ordains that the victim shall die that the hands of the chosen undead. It essentially means that the enemies of the chosen undead whom have no pre ordained death can be given one and then killed. Furthermore he has the ability to perceive and open Doors of Fate that he finds. 

Hammerspace Inventory - For some odd reason the Chosen Undead can summon weapons and armor of impossible size and equip them without issue. He carries a ton of items upon him and seemingly is unburdened by any save for what he physically has upon his person at that time. Anything he does not wish to keep seemingly can be called upon from this place without any hinderance to him. As such the Chosen Undead is a walking armory and library, able to carry an absurd amount of crap on him at all times.

Blacksmithing - Having encountered several Blacksmiths in his travels the Chosen Undead has picked up a few tricks and some other imprints from superior blacksmiths. Needing to make repairs to his weapons out in the field is one thing but to strengthen a new weapon is another asset that is always in need. There are variable degrees of success of course but this shall be tempered by learning and experience. Ultimately this can be yet a source of resources for the Chosen Undead and a way for him to contribute to the world that is opening around him.

Strengths:

Experienced Combatant - The Chosen Undead has been forged in the fires of battle through countless deaths against formidable foes of all sizes and can conceive of ways to bring down an opponent even if there is only one means to do so. He is also capable of wielding a exhausting array of weapons and magic and is pragmatic in his efforts. With each death his skill increased and his knowledge along with it. As such this makes him one of the deadliest and most experienced of adversaries in the worlds of swords and sorcery.

Paragon of Will - The Chosen Undead knows well that all of his battles are matters of pure attrition and willpower. Because he cannot die due to his curse, his real enemy is his own drive and motivation. The Chosen Undead has rotted away in an asylum for potentially centuries and never went Hollow. He endured all the trials of Lordran and has yet to go Hollow. For the Chosen Undead it is not a matter of how will he defeat an opponent but when he will. He has all the time and attempts required to overcome any obstacle. He throws his all into every conflict be it physical or social and is determined beyond anyone can fathom. As such his willpower is legendary and is perhaps the most determined protagonist of all.

Mark of the Arisen - As one of the fabled Arisen, he is destined to slay the dragon Grigori and those whom would stand in his path. However others have taken interest within him as well. Vast legions of near human like beings, a legion of beings called Pawns constantly cross his path with an oath of fealty to the Arisen. They live and die by his side and can be summoned by tapping the marking stone. The Arisen can call upon a small party to aid him in matters in and outside of combat. They are emotionless but intelligent. Brave but submissive. All are forged from the Arisen.

Keen Perception - The Chosen Undead has always a knack for finding the most valuable of objects and is constantly cautious of many dangers ahead of him in his journey, often turning traps meant for him against his opponents. He also is capable of finding ways to locate an enemies weakness and if it is within his vast arsenal and exploit it. Even if the only weakness is gravity he will find a way to exploit it. Puzzles that would baffle others are able to be solved and he knows when a significant threat is upon him. It is through many deaths and unpleasant encounters that have made him exceptionally competent in approaching with caution lest he lose his souls and humanity.

Weaknesses:

Glass Cannon - The Chosen Undead is incredibly hard to completely kill due to his curse, however his physical form is very fragile all the same. Many creatures of various sizes are incredibly lethal to the Chosen Undead's physical form and he must maintain his physical form and his souls or risk going Hollow. Even as the Arisen he is still fragile and is capable of being slain by suitable blows. He has been immolated by dragon fire, turned to stone by basilisk, crippled by gorgon poisons, crushed by cyclops heels, cut down by large blades and pierced by magic. All manners of death have been invoked upon him.

The Curse of the Undead - The Chosen Undead's primary curse is terrible as he had once died but has been reanimated by an unseen force. Every time he dies, he dissolves into white hot ash and is reanimated infallibly at the nearest bonfire that he has rested at. However over time their minds and sanity begin to erode until they become Hollow. Each death brings them closer to this inevitable fate with the only means to stave off this fate is both their willpower, motivation and the cannibalizing of souls and humanity of which all undead covet. One whom dies too often can lose all of their souls and humanity within their vessels.

Constantly Hunted - Where one Undead may have been a noble knight another may be have been consumed by their lust for souls. Where one would join the other protagonists, other worlds would have Undead join the Legion. Either way, the Chosen Undead lives under constant attack whether he is among the living or the dead, Dark Spirits are drawn to him and his souls like a moth to flame. They intend to steal his souls and his humanity and accost him at every turn. They can pass through dimensions and pierce the veils of other worlds and seek him out. There is no way to tell when or where one can appear.

Kimera

Oh my, this sounds like a very fun game to play. S

o many interesting characters to choose from though. Hope I can make up my mind ^^

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Kimera on October 18, 2014, 08:13:49 AM
Oh my, this sounds like a very fun game to play. S

o many interesting characters to choose from though. Hope I can make up my mind ^^

You can do it!! :D :D!

Torterrable

Ahhhh I want so bad, but many of my favorite games are super pixilated and also indie.

Is it okay if we do a generic character from a favorite indie game, such as the bandit from risk of rain? He has no character development though, which is why I hesitate to use him.

Actually maybe Han-D, but is that okay?

Also, I was totally going to use Isaac from the Binding of Isaac before I realized that this game has promiscuity in it, and he's...well, I'm not sure HOW old he is, but he's not old enough for sure.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Torterrable on October 18, 2014, 08:37:47 AM
Ahhhh I want so bad, but many of my favorite games are super pixilated and also indie.

Is it okay if we do a generic character from a favorite indie game, such as the bandit from risk of rain? He has no character development though, which is why I hesitate to use him.

Also, I was totally going to use Isaac from the Binding of Isaac before I realized that this game has promiscuity in it, and he's...well, I'm not sure HOW old he is, but he's not old enough for sure.

Some people have taken original characters from MMO's as well as the main character from games like Skyrim that has no canon personality.  All of those options are viable as far as we are concerned, I believe.  So long as it is coming from a game, it is fair... well... game.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Torterrable on October 18, 2014, 08:37:47 AM

Just from E's generally rules when it comes to storytelling - Characters have to be at least 16 and be mentally mature enough for sex. Although this RP doesn't really have a lot of smut scenes in the IC - it would still apply. :D

Laughing Hyena

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 18, 2014, 08:51:44 AM
Almost done with my character. Whats the word so far?

I'm not sure his Current Situation is very malleable to where we are at this point in time.  Unless you are wanting to wait until we conclude this next arc and build up to the next, I'd reconfigure that section and allow him to be put into play a lot easier.  To do so, you may need to consult the three moderators of the game, that being RedLobster, Blue Nova, and PrestaDGTation.

Kimera

Think I'm gonna go for Midna & Majora as a Zelda duo  >:)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: WardenIce on October 18, 2014, 08:59:33 AM
I'm not sure his Current Situation is very malleable to where we are at this point in time.  Unless you are wanting to wait until we conclude this next arc and build up to the next, I'd reconfigure that section and allow him to be put into play a lot easier.  To do so, you may need to consult the three moderators of the game, that being RedLobster, Blue Nova, and PrestaDGTation.

I admit he is in a bit of a bind but the Nexus allows him to travel almost anywhere. He could perhaps travel to another game world from it. ^_^

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 18, 2014, 09:04:17 AM
I admit he is in a bit of a bind but the Nexus allows him to travel almost anywhere. He could perhaps travel to another game world from it. ^_^

Depends on the Moderators.  Like I said, I'm not sure on it.

Torterrable

I haven't kept track of the game very much, unfortunately, but so it seems like you are in the middle of the arc and not very welcoming to new characters just yet?

Just wanted to know :)

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Torterrable on October 18, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
I haven't kept track of the game very much, unfortunately, but so it seems like you are in the middle of the arc and not very welcoming to new characters just yet?

We are. I myself just implemented a second character and put them in the middle of one of the threads.  It's entirely possible for you to jump in where we are as the action literally just started in-character.  Submit the sheets to the moderators and they'll work with you to get you placed into the arc.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Torterrable on October 18, 2014, 09:16:56 AM

Warden said it.

I'm sure the GMs could work something out for you new peeps.

Torterrable

HAN-D

Current Occupation: Robot Janitor. Cleans up the messes of other heroes, but not just after they've finished with them. Currently engages in basic janitorial duties.

Home World Information: Risk of Rain takes places on many different worlds, each accessed by a teleporter. The worlds include Desolate Forest, Sky Meadows, Sunken Tomb, Hive Cluster, and Temple of the Elders. In the game, Han-D is the one of the survivors of the crash of a cargo ship, and he has to make his way from a deactivated teleporter to an activated one on each world to get back to the ship and be able to fly back. On the way, he fights a variety of enemies, and his final description goes "...and so it left, servos pulsing with new life."

The world of Risk of Rain has now been taken over, however, but the Legion, which has enslaved its many beings and turned them to its will. Han-D is not ignorant of these developments, but his programming suggests that he does not try to fight against them alone. For how could he defeat something that had conquered the world it took him a month to beat? The overwhelming power of the Legion suggested to Han-D that he flee rather than fight, and so, battling against his passions for fighting, he retreated in the cargo ship, trying to find allies to help him save a world he did not quite know why he was saving.

Appearance/Style Description: Basically the same as the image. He is a robot made of metal, with more flexible parts for his joints and less flexible ones for everywhere else. He wears a small janitor's cap that marks his station in life, and has a plethora of tools at his disposal. The hammer he uses is but one of them, and his most common one, though in his small body he stores a wild amount of tools for cleaning, and some, not so much. While he may look cold and hard, Han-D's personality is actually quite gentle, as demonstrated here.

Personality: Han-D's spark of life and personality began with his first arrival on the Dried Lake. After crashing, alone, the only survivor of a pod filled with other characters, he rose, seeing the first Lemurian foe spawn besides him. And at that point, he knew he wanted to survive. Slowly, his programming developed. His janitorial tools suddenly became apt weapons, and he picked up items as he moved through the cargo scattered across the worlds he traveled, developing in knowledge as well as power. He found himself sorry for those he killed, especially the Golems and Colossus, which he felt an odd source of kinship with. Still, for some reason, he had placed his own survival as the most vital, where before, he would have allowed himself to die in favor of the rest of the crew.

When he left the final stage, Risk of Rain itself, his servos were truly humming with a new purpose for life. He wanted to survive. He wanted to explore. He wanted to fight and be of use, and he wanted to be remembered. Though he is still not fully developed, Han-D has enough of a personality to be passable. He is somewhat servile, due to his programming, and obtains the most excitement and happiness by pleasing others. This does not mean he is a pushover, however; he likes hearing the word "please" above all else, and has an especially soft spot for underdogs. Additionally, due to his own experiences fighting through the world he had to, he has an overblown image of how strong he is, especially when compared to the other heroes. This manifests itself in a good way when he puts all of his power at their disposal, expecting to solve their problems easily, but a not so good way when forming teams. Han-D is used to being solo, and though he likes friends and he likes making people happy, he does not work well in tandem just yet.

He is experienced with the sexual side. As a robot janitor, he was expected to please anyone who commanded him, and through development and ideas proposed by those who went to him for help, Han-D has developed quite the store of sexual implements. He has a plethora of dildos of all kinds ready to form at his mistress's needs, and for guys, he knows just how to tickle and suck them with his vacuum to get them to deposit their cum. And yes, he even stores sperm so he can deliver it to women later, if they want it, for Han-D is there to please anyone who comes to him.

History: After crash landing on the world, Han-D had to adapt swiftly or risk being consumed by the brutality around him. He developed weapons and obtained many interesting items to augment his powers, and fought through many creatures that seemed to spawn near him by some otherwordly force. As he activated the teleporters and fled each world, he had to contend with monsters such as the Colossus, the Vagrant Wanderer, and the Ifrit. He has come a long way from his programmed past, and, at the very end of it, on the ship, before he left, he had to fight the engineer of all his hells, Providence. A massive battle ensued, but Providence finally fell to Han-D's resourcefulness, and he was able to comandeer the ship to go...anywhere he wanted. Han-D never had a home, or anything, and now he suddenly did...it caused him to vibrate with giddiness as he realize that.

Han-D, a once unknown robot janitor, set out to make a name for himself in the world, seemingly infinite opportunity at his fingertips, and a world just begging for his name. Unfortunately, his dreams were swiftly cut short by the appearance of the overwhelming Legion, which he knew could defeat him in moments. Not willing to lose his newly discovered life, he flees far in order to find aid for his homeworld, and discovers that he is not alone in his plight.

Current Situation: He comes to the world to broaden his horizons. He wants more knowledge, to develop more and ultimately, to be more. He comes to make new friends and to engage in new battle, for he is Han-D, and believes that nothing stands in the way of him and...whatever he is ordered to retrieve or do. He believes that, with his new friends' strengths, they can all team up and beat back the monstrous Legion, or at least die, side by side, trying.

Weapon: Han-D Hammer. A massive hammer that digistructs from his body when he draws it. It is shown in the image above and is actually larger than that, approximately the same height as his body, and about twice as wide. It was his weapon of choice for the attack "UNETHICAL REASSEMBLY" in the games, and is one of his favorite weapons and tools for engaging in rather complete destruction.

Special Powers:  1. DRONE: Han-D can construct small drones from his body. They can be used for scouting or, as in the games, can be sent out on a suicide crash into enemies before their parts return to Han-D to repair him.

2. HURT: Han-D can punch extremely hard, augmented by the things he obtained as he traveled through the Risk of Rain world. His range is pathetic in terms of his most favored punching attack, but his power is ridiculous, on par with super strength. He is, however, a bit slow and obvious on thew wind-up.

3. OVERCLOCK: For a little bit, Han-D can remove any inhibitions and go into an overheating mode that vastly increases his speed and the power of his punches. Like this, his heated body is extremely vulnerable to attacks, but everything about his is increased wildly, from his damage output to the speed of thinking and constructing tools.

Strengths: This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

1. Tools of the Trade: As a robot janitor, he can digistruct and destruct tools at will, for whatever the situation. He can make vibrators, dildos, blades, hammers, screwdrivers, and anything he can comprehend. Admittedly, these tools can only be used by him; they do not retain their integrity for very long when removed from his body. Still, he is basically a walking Swiss Army Knife, and quite a useful robot to have around.

2. I've got power!: Sometimes, it is not the strength of the protagonist himself, but his belief that allows him to be so strong. So is it with Han-D. While not actually the top protagonist of many, he has a lot of confidence in himself, which causes him to drive himself very hard, and makes him nearly immune to psychological effects.

3. Assistance: Han-D will willingly assist any ally who needs it, and they merely have to stick by him and feed him a compliment now and them for him to grow on them like a puppy. Mentally, on that aspect, Han-D is overeager to make friends and have companions, for his days spent on the world of Risk of Rain among only foes rendered him lonely and needful of company.

4. Development: Han-D is a robot, and everything he encounters causes his programming to mutate and develop a bit further. No matter what the experience, he will gain and memorize and develop from it, so the next time he goes through the same type of experience, he may draw on his past knowledge. This is especially relevant in social situations, where his only experience is with past ones. He also likes to hopefully helpfully educate other heroes on what he thinks they could improve on, though he has learned to shut up about this for it was badly received.

Weaknesses: 1. Robot: Due to his construction of being a robot, Han-D is especially weak to strong electrical attacks. He is, however, insulated to be water tight, but anything super shocking can completely fry his hard drives and force a reboot.

2. Faux Pas: Han-D is not very good at social interactions, and will frequently be too straightforward or miss the subtleties of a conversation. He's working at it, but for many, this has made many seek to avoid him.

3. Slow: Han-D's model was not developed for speed. It is large, bulky, strong, and resilient, but the wheels on his feet can only move so fast in conjunction with his steps. Han-D is built like a tank, but he cannot move swiftly at all.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Torterrable on October 18, 2014, 09:28:07 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
HAN-D

Current Occupation: Robot Janitor. Cleans up the messes of other heroes, but not just after they've finished with them

Home World Information: Risk of Rain takes places on many different worlds, each accessed by a teleporter. The worlds include Desolate Forest, Sky Meadows, Sunken Tomb, Hive Cluster, and Temple of the Elders. In the game, Han-D is the one of the survivors of the crash of a cargo ship, and he has to make his way from a deactivated teleporter to an activated one on each world to get back to the ship and be able to fly back. On the way, he fights a variety of enemies, and his final description goes "...and so it left, servos pulsing with new life."

Appearance/Style Description: Basically the same as the image. He is a robot made of metal, with more flexible parts for his joints and less flexible ones for everywhere else. He wears a small janitor's cap that marks his station in life, and has a plethora of tools at his disposal. The hammer he uses is but one of them, and his most common one, though in his small body he stores a wild amount of tools for cleaning, and some, not so much. While he may look cold and hard, Han-D's personality is actually quite gentle, as demonstrated here.

Personality: Han-D's spark of life and personality began with his first arrival on the Dried Lake. After crashing, alone, the only survivor of a pod filled with other characters, he rose, seeing the first Lemurian foe spawn besides him. And at that point, he knew he wanted to survive. Slowly, his programming developed. His janitorial tools suddenly became apt weapons, and he picked up items as he moved through the cargo scattered across the worlds he traveled, developing in knowledge as well as power. He found himself sorry for those he killed, especially the Golems and Colossus, which he felt an odd source of kinship with. Still, for some reason, he had placed his own survival as the most vital, where before, he would have allowed himself to die in favor of the rest of the crew.

When he left the final stage, Risk of Rain itself, his servos were truly humming with a new purpose for life. He wanted to survive. He wanted to explore. He wanted to fight and be of use, and he wanted to be remembered. Though he is still not fully developed, Han-D has enough of a personality to be passable. He is somewhat servile, due to his programming, and obtains the most excitement and happiness by pleasing others. This does not mean he is a pushover, however; he likes hearing the word "please" above all else, and has an especially soft spot for underdogs. Additionally, due to his own experiences fighting through the world he had to, he has an overblown image of how strong he is, especially when compared to the other heroes. This manifests itself in a good way when he puts all of his power at their disposal, expecting to solve their problems easily, but a not so good way when forming teams. Han-D is used to being solo, and though he likes friends and he likes making people happy, he does not work well in tandem just yet.

He is experienced with the sexual side. As a robot janitor, he was expected to please anyone who commanded him, and through development and ideas proposed by those who went to him for help, Han-D has developed quite the store of sexual implements. He has a plethora of dildos of all kinds ready to form at his mistress's needs, and for guys, he knows just how to tickle and suck them with his vacuum to get them to deposit their cum. And yes, he even stores sperm so he can deliver it to women later, if they want it, for Han-D is there to please anyone who comes to him.

History: After crash landing on the world, Han-D had to adapt swiftly or risk being consumed by the brutality around him. He developed weapons and obtained many interesting items to augment his powers, and fought through many creatures that seemed to spawn near him by some otherwordly force. As he activated the teleporters and fled each world, he had to contend with monsters such as the Colossus, the Vagrant Wanderer, and the Ifrit. He has come a long way from his programmed past, and, at the very end of it, on the ship, before he left, he had to fight the engineer of all his hells, Providence. A massive battle ensued, but Providence finally fell to Han-D's resourcefulness, and he was able to comandeer the ship to go...anywhere he wanted. Han-D never had a home, or anything, and now he suddenly did...it caused him to vibrate with giddiness as he realize that.

Han-D, a once unknown robot janitor, set out to make a name for himself in the world, seemingly infinite opportunity at his fingertips, and a world just begging for his name.

Current Situation: He comes to the world to broaden his horizons. He wants more knowledge, to develop more and ultimately, to be more. He comes to make new friends and to engage in new battle, for he is Han-D, and believes that nothing stands in the way of him and...whatever he is ordered to retrieve or do.

Weapon: Han-D Hammer. A massive hammer that digistructs from his body when he draws it. It is shown in the image above and is actually larger than that, approximately the same height as his body, and about twice as wide. It was his weapon of choice for the attack "UNETHICAL REASSEMBLY" in the games, and is one of his favorite weapons and tools for engaging in rather complete destruction.

Special Powers:  1. DRONE: Han-D can construct small drones from his body. They can be used for scouting or, as in the games, can be sent out on a suicide crash into enemies before their parts return to Han-D to repair him.

2. HURT: Han-D can punch extremely hard, augmented by the things he obtained as he traveled through the Risk of Rain world. His range is pathetic in terms of his most favored punching attack, but his power is ridiculous, on par with super strength. He is, however, a bit slow and obvious on thew wind-up.

3. OVERCLOCK: For a little bit, Han-D can remove any inhibitions and go into an overheating mode that vastly increases his speed and the power of his punches. Like this, his heated body is extremely vulnerable to attacks, but everything about his is increased wildly, from his damage output to the speed of thinking and constructing tools.

Strengths: This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

1. Tools of the Trade: As a robot janitor, he can digistruct and destruct tools at will, for whatever the situation. He can make vibrators, dildos, blades, hammers, screwdrivers, and anything he can comprehend. Admittedly, these tools can only be used by him; they do not retain their integrity for very long when removed from his body. Still, he is basically a walking Swiss Army Knife, and quite a useful robot to have around.

2. I've got power!: Sometimes, it is not the strength of the protagonist himself, but his belief that allows him to be so strong. So is it with Han-D. While not actually the top protagonist of many, he has a lot of confidence in himself, which causes him to drive himself very hard, and makes him nearly immune to psychological effects.

3. Assistance: Han-D will willingly assist any ally who needs it, and they merely have to stick by him and feed him a compliment now and them for him to grow on them like a puppy. Mentally, on that aspect, Han-D is overeager to make friends and have companions, for his days spent on the world of Risk of Rain among only foes rendered him lonely and needful of company.

4. Development: Han-D is a robot, and everything he encounters causes his programming to mutate and develop a bit further. No matter what the experience, he will gain and memorize and develop from it, so the next time he goes through the same type of experience, he may draw on his past knowledge. This is especially relevant in social situations, where his only experience is with past ones. He also likes to hopefully helpfully educate other heroes on what he thinks they could improve on, though he has learned to shut up about this for it was badly received.

Weaknesses: 1. Robot: Due to his construction of being a robot, Han-D is especially weak to strong electrical attacks. He is, however, insulated to be water tight, but anything super shocking can completely fry his hard drives and force a reboot.

2. Faux Pas: Han-D is not very good at social interactions, and will frequently be too straightforward or miss the subtleties of a conversation. He's working at it, but for many, this has made many seek to avoid him.

3. Slow: Han-D's model was not developed for speed. It is large, bulky, strong, and resilient, but the wheels on his feet can only move so fast in conjunction with his steps. Han-D is built like a tank, but he cannot move swiftly at all.

You may want to disclose what his interaction with the Legion has been so far.  That is, assuming he's aware of the situation.  That's just my input at least.

Torterrable

xPeachyPuff

Gonna have to withdraw my Elizabeth for the time being. Too many games, too little time D: Sorry guys <3 I might be interested again a little later down the line. I do think this is a fab idea for a game and the writers here look incredible, plus you have an awesome Gm (:

- Rainbow ♥

Rushedpistol

I'm curious. Does this game have room for a Metal Gear Rising: Revengance character? Because I would so love to play as Mistral. 
In the melody you casually perform with your fingers,
A certain pattern may be discerned from the start.

Laughing Hyena

BruceTheCat

Give me until tomorrow to review your sheet Hyena. Sorry for the delay
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000