An Eternal Kiss [ Sabbat oWod-FILLED]

Started by Phyrfaerie, March 30, 2011, 08:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phyrfaerie

My idea is simple. I wish to form an authentic old world of darkness Sabbat pack. I dont mean the watered down versions that we have all been forced to play on other sites due to the easily squeamish. Im talking about the fanatical and fervent blood seeking vampires that we all know are the soul of the Sabbat. Are there any players that would be willing to breathe unlife into a pack with me? Feel free to post under me, or send me a PM. Hope to hear from you all soon.

~edit~
Now that we have the interest, the time has come for the process of choosing what you will play. We have room for one, maybe two more people to start with.

Players:

Phyrfaerie - Gangrel Anti (Hunter)/True
Job - LaSombra (Keeper) /True
Xanatos- Toreadore Anti (Pervert)/ True
Acid Lips - Recruit (yet to be determined)
BenedictWolfe - (yet to be determined)
Winterborn - Pander (Mutt)/ True
Rishon Tam - LaSombra (Keeper)/True
Blitzy - LaSombra (Keeper)/ True
Imogen - Malkavian Anti ( Creep)/ True
Nykteus - Tzimisce (Fiend)/True
Hellion - Nosferatu (Leatherface) /True

Editted to add: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102729.0 <<< this is the link to the OOC chat room regarding this RP thread.

Job

I have some interest as this was my favorite Sect in OWoD Vampire.  Where are you going to base the pack?
Cardinal Rules of Gaming:
1. Don't be a Dick.
2. Don't be a Pussy.

Phyrfaerie

I will be going with something  New York-esque in nature, as it fits with its grime, grittiness, the various boroughs and the nature of the never sleeping city. If there is another city that suits more, Im all ears.

Acid Lips

Winterborn

Am I to assume that this will be a System game? I may or may not still have my oWoD books. Lemme dig around.

But if it's freeform, count me in now.

BenedictWolfe

I might be interested.

What era are we playing in and how old are our vampires?

Phyrfaerie

The era is modern, just not as modern as nWoD. :D This will be a free form role play, versus a roll play. I will be using the knowledge from the Sabbat books that we have in the house and on PDF, and working loosely with that. I dont want stats rolled, I want personalities that show what the Sabbat can be. Will dice be used? If you feel they must, but this is a roleplaying site, IMO, not a roll playing site. Id much prefer the roleplay to knock the pants off the roll play. *grins*

To that end, these are a few of the guidelines that needs to be laid down: The Sabbat are known for taking all walks of life from the shovelheaded badass who slays the Tower Cowards in a dusk raid, to the fourth generation man, groomed to be a Lasombra since his father's birth. You know you are a monster, hell, you rejoice in it. You will all have the option to be True in the Sabbat, having already passed your test of trials as recruits and having already earned your Voice in the Sabbat. Or, you could start as a recruit to an NPC.  So, when you are writing up your personalities, keep that in mind. What is it that you are bringing to the table? What about you is eye catching? Also, being that variety is the spice of life, I would really like to see some of the younger neonates come out to play. Having an older vampire is fine ( no more then 50 years as a vampire, please. Anything older is higher up in the food chain then this RP will be allowing) but this is more about learning the ropes as a Pack and what that can mean..

A note about clans: Not all clans are open for this RP.  Baali, Giovanni and Tremere are not allowed, for obvious reasons. Try and keep the clans mainstream please. All disciplines will be the traditional ones, so please dont come to me asking for an exception.

Job

I'll work on a punk ass LaSombra with a focus in abyss mysticism and obtenebration.  Typical "student of the abyss" archetype with personality.
1. Don't be a Dick.
2. Don't be a Pussy.

Xanatos

I am going Toreador, because they are so deliciously fun to play. Will have info up tomorrow, hopefully (assuming school work is completed before I go to work).

Acid Lips

I may want to play a freshly turned vampire, is that alright?

Winterborn

Sweet, Freeform, I was hoping you'd say that. Really love the oWoD setting by itself, and rollplay ain't really my thing.

I could definitely pull off a Pander. Yes, I know that makes me that pack Bitch, but what can I say? I dig the underdog. I'd also be willing to play a Recruit if we get True heavy, or vice versa. In terms of abilities, as they apply to RP, I figured on the default Fortitude, Potence, Presence mix. Or maybe celerity instead of Presence. I prefer the physical traits to 'magic', at least most of the time, so I'll just fill any gaps others leave.

If I get accepted. Please?

Xanatos

Sorry mine is so long, I am using a character from my last Sabbat game that I loved. The game died quickly, so I was never able to use her much.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Creation Ceremony
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Amber was brought into a room with many small wheeled tables which had their contents hidden underneath a cloth, for each one, wrapped over the top. In the center of the room was a table with restraints. It could be made to rotate from a “laying” position to a “standing” position and anywhere in between.
   Suddenly she was grappled from behind by two men. They held her tight as she struggled frantically questioning her master.
   “Derek, what is going on?” Amber felt so weak in their grasp, for many moments wondering what had happened to her enhanced strength. It dawned upon her that the men were also vampires and likely much older; it wouldn't matter how much she struggled.
   Derek walked up to Amber and slashed away her clothing with a razor, leaving behind a few thin cuts across her stomach, and thighs. Amber tried not to whimper, but the fear was overtaking her mind. Derek shook his finger at her, then pressed it against her lips.
   “Be a good girl for me. Be strong.”
   He had her strapped onto the table, then finally told her her fate. She would have to endure untold pain and suffering through torture and utter debasement through sexual violation. It would last an entire night without cease.
   “You can't be serious!” she cried out. Almost as angry as she was afraid.
   “Why so surprised? Its not like I haven't seen you naked, haven't touched you intimately. Just relax and imagine I am holding you, deep within you.”
   He was right, this wasn't all that different. It diminished some of her fear, but not enough to lay all of her trust before him. He was different, something about him seemed more evil, sadistic. She loved him, but this was taking it too far. Amber tried to reason with him, but he would not change his mind, telling her this was what had to happen and that it would make her stronger and a better vampire.
   Her sire knew she was strong willed and thus had chosen two ways which would either break her will, proving her worthless or would make her stronger and more valuable to the Sabbat.
   It was up to this point in her life, the most vile and horrific treatment she had endured. Amber nearly broke many times, but held strong not letting her mind break. She screamed, trembled, but never begged, nor cried.

Name: Amber Grath   
Clan: Toreador

Appearance

Amber is a striking beauty having a svelte yet rather voluptuous body. She is a graceful creature moving without thought in a naturally airy motion which captivates many. Her stark, strong, deep blue eyes pierce into ones very being when she looks straight into their eyes. She wears her medium long velvet dark brown hair usually in braids or in a long pony tail, leaving her bangs free to hang over her forehead; she does wear it loose often, however. Her slightly dark skin shows her Mediterranean heritage.

Amber dresses in most of the modern fashions, preferring to fit into the popular places as it makes feeding easier and finding potential herd members easier as well.

Personality

Amber is a strong willed woman with a sharp yet calm personality. Using others is not above Amber but she choses very carefully who she decides to manipulate not wanting any backlash from it. She can be demanding at times but generally is accepting and laid back in concerns to many things, so long as she feels she can get something out of it or at the very least is okay with its perceived outcome.

She likes being around others but is not averse to being alone or with a select few. Often times she only has her two ghouls to keep her company, and finds pleasure in manipulating them in various ways.

Amber is very promiscuous and proud of it. Its partially a game of control, but only to a small extent. She knows her immortality gives her an edge over Kine but otherwise she isn't overly big on using it, unless she really wants a particular Kine; she is weary of sleeping with other Kindred as she knows they may attempt to use her in the process.

Money is something she values, but for different reasons than most. She values it only for how it can advance her goals, and does not value it because of greed.

True to her Sabbat nature, though, Amber is increasingly sadistic and slightly masochistic thanks to Derek. Most of her herd are masochistic in one form or another. They are her toys first and foremost and are not as valuable as her ghouls, whom she treats very well (with her being a sadistic vampire and all other things taken into consideration). Unlike many vampires who see lesser beings as practically worthless, Amber protects her possessions (to a degree). They are hers, so why should she let them get hurt?

Biography

Amber had planned to become a translator; she would go to France and Germany translating for business meetings, art deals, and so forth. She had good computer skills which would also serve her well. However she had a side none knew about, she had a taste for the seedier side of things. Amber loved going to rave clubs even ones which had an excess of alcohol and drugs. She never took drugs, sometimes drinking some alcohol; it was the atmosphere which drew her. She had been raised under strict house rules not allowed to do many things, trained to be a skilled linguist by her parents. She found language to be fascinating, as well as computers, but felt stifled under their stern rule.
   So as was normal for all young people, she rebelled, although did so in secret. Amber would sneak out finding the rave clubs and would enjoy herself thoroughly; then sneak back home. Her parents were none the wiser to her hidden lifestyle.
   One night while she danced she was noticed by her future sire, Derek Trist. He watched her for countless nights patiently waiting. He followed her home many nights as well. He took note of her willfulness and how she so easily blended in with the scene yet abstained from the blatant abuse of drugs and alcohol. Derek wanted her, and wished to see if he could break her.
   He began gently hitting on her slowly but surely, night after night. Amber slowly became more agreeable and accepting, even coming to the point where she would look for him when she first entered. He always sat in the same corner to make himself easy to find.
   To Derek's excitement, it was revealed that she had no love for her parents any longer, at least she believed so at the moment of her words. Later that night, her words prompted him to murder her parents. Amber, when she discovered them, was so distraught she blindly went to the only place which had been like a second home, the club.
   Derek comforted her, telling her it would be all right. He watched her, hoping she would pass her first test, as he had a much greater trial for her should she make it that far. After a few days she came to terms with it, on the outside, but on the inside she still struggled with their deaths. Though her  will was coming through for her.
   The next tests he had were to further guage her by constantly putting her in situations with drugs and alcohol beyond what the rave club offered. She did not partake of any of it, save very light amounts of alcohol. He was pleased by her strength of will. It would serve her well as a vampire.
   After three months, in which time Amber had received her parents will and all that was given to her, she sold the house and put aside all the money she had, which was considerable. She began investing and saving heavily to expand upon the wealth. Their relationship also went a step further as the two began having sex; Derek used it to cement her enthrallment. Derek also began realizing a new aspect, she was a valuable monetary resource. Even the Sabbat could use money. His decision cemented, he embraced her as they made love one night.
   Several weeks later he forced her into her Creation Right of passage, inflicting upon her some of the worst things he could imagine. Her cries, her tears, her bloodied form was like the most beautiful art to him. When she had passed, he was over joyed. She had become a Vampire. Amber holds no grudge against him, realizing what he had done, and that he had to do it as part of Sabbat ritual law. It brought them both closer together, deepening the twisted love Derek had created.
   Several months later she received news he had been killed, along with most of her pack. The two had held a twisted love for one another, and she was hurt but went on living. She eventually found a new pack to join hoping they would be as good as her old one.

Rishon Tam

I'd love to throw in, if possible.

I expect I'd play a Lasombra of a somewhat less mystically-inclined variety. Something along the lines of an action-oriented powermonger.
I feel like having two Lasombra rounds out a strong pack, especially if we want to delve into Sabbat ideology.

If that doesn't work, though -- assuming there's a place for me -- there are definitely a few other things I'd be interested in playing.

Blitzy

One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Phyrfaerie

Alright, so I got three other True with two Recruits.  I say two because a freshly turned vampire is what the Sabbat refer to as a Recruit, someone who hasnt earned their place, or Voice, in the Sabbat hierarchy. I love the idea of a freshly turned vampire, so Im now going to call for someone who will take her as their Childer.. any takers? I will need an experienced player who knows how to handle a recruit correctly..  please. Also, I will need to know everyone's personal predilections regarding non-con, as a vast majority of what goes on in the Sabbat is in the middle of the horror genre.. and I plan to be faithful to that.

Also: Just a heads up folks, while I may be on sporadically, this weekend is devoted to grocery shopping for another month for my family. It takes us an hour to drive into town and an hour to drive back, so most of the day will be spent buying supplies for the next month. Never fear, I will be writing up introductions and the opening posts by Sunday at the latest. See you all soon!

Winterborn

Am I one of those True, or a Recruit? I know I said either, just wanting to be clear.

I'm cool with Non-Con, and I'm with you that it fits the setting.

Xanatos

You referring to Acid Lips, Phyr? I could be willing to mentor her vamp. Although, unless my character is strictly a mentor and not the sire, she would have to be Toreador. Are there any special rules I should know about? I am not wholly familiar with every aspect of the Sabbat. If there are rules, just point me to the page and I can easily read it up.

As for non-con, no problems here. All for the bad stuff.

Phyrfaerie

Quote from: Xanatos on April 02, 2011, 02:22:56 AM
You referring to Acid Lips, Phyr? I could be willing to mentor her vamp. Although, unless my character is strictly a mentor and not the sire, she would have to be Toreador. Are there any special rules I should know about? I am not wholly familiar with every aspect of the Sabbat. If there are rules, just point me to the page and I can easily read it up.

As for non-con, no problems here. All for the bad stuff.

Well, thats up to Acid. ( I dont mean to speak like you arent here, AL, forgive me. :) ) As a newly formed pack, we will need two True to step up as Ductus and Priest/ess. The Ductus is the "head" of the pack, the one that delineates who does what and when, while the Priest/ess is the "soul" of the pack, guiding those along the given Path that the Priest/ess walks. So, Acid my dear, you have the choice of having an in character Sire, and have your clan chosen for you ( Torrie Anti aka Perverts) or you can choose to be another clan, and have the Ductus step in and claim you as pack property. Please understand, either way your character will be considered pack property, however, due to the nature of the Toreador clan predilections, you will have a barrier, of sorts, in an IC Sire.

Winterborn, you can choose to be either True or Recruit, as the numbers flex one way or the other.

To those who want to play, but have not spoken up yet, there are roughly two more True "spots" to be filled, however, anyone who wants to join the RP as a Recruit is free to do so.

Job

I think it should be noted that the Sabbat have a dim view on recruits.  They're often used as just fodder.  Some Clans foster a recruit as a protege childer, namely Lasombra and Ventrue.  This means if you agree to be a recruit you will most likely get a lot of shit, and if you step out of line there is a good chance for character death.  Depending on the Cainite you've disrespected.  We should not go out of our ways to headhunt, but most Sabbat are neonates and volatile in their vampiric natures - whether from frenzy or cold blooded murder.

This doesn't mean you have to be a slave, or mindless servant to the pack.  Many value spunk and spirit, but there is taking it too far, and the variety of personalities within the Sect should make you very social wary of what you can get away with.
1. Don't be a Dick.
2. Don't be a Pussy.

Blitzy

I'll steal a True spot. And I'd be willing to be Priestess, if no one else wants the job. :)

I'm still not sure on Clan, though. Also, would anyone have a problem if there was a PC ghoul brought in?

Blitzy

Rishon Tam

If the Lasombra clanbook is to be believed, potential embraces are very carefully chosen as protege childer, but then subjected to a few rounds of trials that kill the majority, leaving only the strongest and most capable. If the Lasombra clanbook is to be believed, that is. White Wolf has a habit of contradicting itself across sources... and sometimes within a source.

Anyway, I'd like to go True. Also, depending on how the pack rounds out, I'd be up for being the pack Ductus.

Job

Due to my characters bookwormish proclivities he would be ill suited for a leadership role at the moment.  I'll be happy to just be a True member of the pack and lend his skills to their needs as long as he's left relatively alone for his studies.
1. Don't be a Dick.
2. Don't be a Pussy.

Xanatos

I'm going to look into the Ductus spot, but would a 17 year old vamp even be allowed to be Ductus? Seems too young to me.

With the conversion to free form, can I assume that having ghouls is still okay? My character has two. One she uses more for sex, the other is the more bodyguard type.

Job

Quote from: Job on April 02, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
Due to my characters bookwormish proclivities he would be ill suited for a leadership role at the moment.  I'll be happy to just be a True member of the pack and lend his skills to their needs as long as he's left relatively alone for his studies.

To clarify, this is not a lone wolf concept.  Study would most likely be a downtime activity, or personal RP with another (i.e. prospective childer, other Lasombra that has earned his trust and wishes to learn the secrets of the Abyss, etc).
1. Don't be a Dick.
2. Don't be a Pussy.