News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Null

For those of you looking to laugh until tears run down your face... check out golden boy. Holy crap. I almost died laughing the first few episodes
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

GanonDwarf

I do love me some anime. My favorite is One Piece, and generally really like Shonens in general. Bleach, Fairy Tail all that good jazz. But Code Geass is another really great anime I like.

As for new anime, I really like Accell World and Blood Lad. Recently Kill la Kill has also been really good, and I recommend all of them.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Null

You got it dwarf. Kill la Kill is where its at
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

FootBoy22

My favorite Animes are Noir, Code Geass, Madlaz, Death Note and Witch Hunter Robin.  But the Animes that influence my RolePlaying are more like Sailor Moon, Wedding Peach and other magical Girl amines and their Hentai parodies.

Null

Oh man ^_^ Sailor moon brings back memories... Currently watching bleach again. Just wondering, favorite bleach character?

King Serperior

Quote from: Null on December 19, 2013, 07:20:17 AM
Oh man ^_^ Sailor moon brings back memories... Currently watching bleach again. Just wondering, favorite bleach character?
Hmmm, if I had to choose......

Captain Mayuri, no contest  ^_^  Love that psycho  <3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Branwyne

Wow...my anime list would take forever to type out XD

Lets see some of my absolute favourites...

I loved 'Say I Love You' I thought it was an adorable story with a more realistic girl than most anime romances seem to have.
Sword Art Online is also one of my recent favourites.
Kara no Kyoukai is near the top of my list, the music is incredible, the story was very dark and kind of gruesome at times and its from one of my favourite studios. I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes the murder/horror genre, its a 7 ( I believe) part mini series.
Fate/Zero is up there as well, I was really impressed with this and found it to be way better done than Fate/Stay was (the same studio that did zero is apparently remaking Stay super stoked for that)
Madoka Magicka is another anime I really loved because as far as a magical girl story goes its a pretty unique twist on things and the animation style and music were neat.

Things I've started recently but still need to finish;
Strike the Blood
Diabolik Lovers
Kill la Kill
My Little Monster
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (don't judge me XD I just got around to this lol )

GanonDwarf

Don't feel too bad, I just watched Fullmetal Alchemist very recently myself.
Fandom Request Thread!

ApplesKaboom

Love anime! Omgsh I had no idea where to even start on my favorites~ Love Neon Genesis Evangelion. Favorite would probably be Cowboy Bebop though, such a classic. As for my current series that I am watching I am following Kill La Kill (Love Mako she is da best~) and Beyond the Boundary. I'm trying to find current anime to watching since I'm updated on these two and finished Durararara! Any suggestions?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: ApplesKaboom on December 22, 2013, 12:08:38 AM
Love anime! Omgsh I had no idea where to even start on my favorites~ Love Neon Genesis Evangelion. Favorite would probably be Cowboy Bebop though, such a classic. As for my current series that I am watching I am following Kill La Kill (Love Mako she is da best~) and Beyond the Boundary. I'm trying to find current anime to watching since I'm updated on these two and finished Durararara! Any suggestions?

It depends on what you like... Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is a great series and there is always Appleseed, Blue Gender, Witchblade, xxxHolic, Saiyuki, Yu Yu Hakasho, The Slayers, Full Metal Panic, Ranma 1/2 and the list goes on. What are some of your interests?

Lavender Snow

So has anyone here been watching Space Dandy? That show is so weird, I have no idea how I feel about it.

Jag

Haven't watched any new animes in a long time. I used to make huge lists of them, but I'm kind of at a point where I only have a few that I can actually tolerate to watch. I hate mecha and I dislike any where it's a guy surrounded by a ton of girls, all who love him and there's that one girl that's known him forever that he's oblivious to.

I watch Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, (manga only cause subtitles hurt my eyes) Attack on Titan, and Baki the Grappler.

I like shows with a lot of fighting and the focus is on the fighting.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Jagerin on January 15, 2014, 11:26:09 AM
I watch Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, (manga only cause subtitles hurt my eyes) Attack on Titan, and Baki the Grappler.

You should try out Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, I laughed my ass off watching the series. Apachai the Mauy Thai fighter and Shigure the Weaponmaster are my favs of the series... Right now though I'm watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG...

Jag

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on January 15, 2014, 08:00:26 PM
You should try out Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, I laughed my ass off watching the series.

Saw it. Very unimpressed. The females were horribly off putting.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

GanonDwarf

Quote from: Jagerin on January 15, 2014, 11:26:09 AM
Haven't watched any new animes in a long time. I used to make huge lists of them, but I'm kind of at a point where I only have a few that I can actually tolerate to watch. I hate mecha and I dislike any where it's a guy surrounded by a ton of girls, all who love him and there's that one girl that's known him forever that he's oblivious to.

You may like One Piece. Though it's not for everyone.
Fandom Request Thread!

Lavender Snow

I have been watching Soul Eater, which I am in love with. It is totally amazing, and Black Butler is super good too. If you want to watch something funny too, I thought Lucky Star was good. I am watching some of K-on as well, Hetalia is rather good too though. I like the fact that it really does teach you history and gave each country their own look and such.

Kimmy

Hi hi! I'm new, but my recent anime has been quite weird and fun! Soul Eater was the first - and OMG I'm just in love with it all! I'm in tears & stitches & occasionally wishing I could hide under my couch...

Panty, Stocking & Garterbelt was the one I just watched today. It's... It's not hentai. It's weird - an older, cruder style is followed by oddity humor - weirdness... OMG so much weirdness... if I described the plot you'd shy off - but watching it, the plot isn't scary or offputting. It does things different - and the art style changes for different scenes. It's a mockery of so many other animes... you just have to watch it. It's perhaps the most unique anime I've seen in a while. It's also quite tame whilst using ideas that normally would be full of suggestive fanservice & beyond ecchi. Which is quite a nice change - it's language is quite sharp though - so I don't know if you'd let kids watch it. I probably would - but I'm not one to be a 'perfect' influence on my youngers.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

TentacleFan

Someone say Panty, Stocking, & Garterbelt?  :D

It's a very different anime to be sure. It's more based on certain American cartoons in some places, with obvious nods to Invader Zim in particular. I enjoyed it's wacky and all over the place style and the risque or outright vulgar and crass humor. And of course the wonderfully sexy and criminally under used alternative character designs as seen in my avatar.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Chris Brady

Actually, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt's art style was based off the Powerpuff Girls, as was the setting, if sexified.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

TentacleFan

I can see Powerpuff Girls, Invader Zim, and several other western cartoons influence in the designs.

The city/setting I can definitely see a big influence from the PPG in particular.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread

Kimmy

Does anyone have recommendations for older 90's style anime? I have a love for shows from that era - because I grew up with it mostly. I particularly love the older art style - theres nothing quite like it, no mantter how shiny the modern art gets. Robotech/Macross is still an absolute favorite - and the original bubblegum crisis of course. But I'd love to here some ideas.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

TentacleFan

The original Bubblegum Crisis and Macross/Robotech are both from the 1980s actually. I'm a fan of older anime as well as newer material myself.

If you like the look of the period the character designer for Bubblegum Crisis did quite a few other projects as well. Riding Bean & Gunsmith Cats are more action film than sci-fi. Gal-Force is a space based series of films and Original Animation Videos he did the designs for.

From around/just after this period I'd recommend the Patlabor series, particularly the first two films from the series. The second Patlabor film ranks alongside Ghost In The Shell for my favorite Mamoru Oshii film.

Moving into 90s anime I'd highly recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion if you haven't seen it. It's one of my top anime personally.

Sasquatch421

'90s anime? Hmmm.... There was Tenchi Muyo!, Ranma 1/2, Outlaw Star, Sailor Moon, The Vision of Escaflowne which happens to be my number one fav, Cowboy Bebop, The Slayers, I believe Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball Z are from the 90's as well. DBZ can be an acquired taste, I honestly prefer the original Dragonball more....

suprise1

i watched Claymore, which I enjoyed though it made me wish there was more episodes to watch.

I also enjoy watching Naruto Shippuden

yugi006

I have to say that this season's anime is pretty disappointing. Only ones I've picked up this season are Super Sonico The Animation, Witch Craft Works, Buddy Complex, and Seitokai Yakuindomo season 2.