Super Smash Bros. Bangin' (Accepting Applicants)

Started by SammyGirl, May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Flyer

Character Name: Jane Shepard
Character Gender and Species: Female, Human
Originating Game: Mass Effect (2007) / Mass Effect 3 (Wii U, 2012)
Five Words to Describe Personality: Determined, Steadfast, Loyal, Resolute, Paragon
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Expert in CQC, with or without weapon; Expert marksman; Potent biotic abilities; Carries N7-issue weaponry
Pokemon or Other Partner: N/A

Brief History: Commander Jane Shepard was born on a star ship of the Systems Alliance, the political body and military that represents humanity in the Milky Way Galaxy in her timeline/universe. Following in her parents' footsteps, she enlisted in the Alliance Marine Corps as soon as she was of age, and earn a name for herself when she was the sole survivor of a mission gone horribly wrong on the planet Akuze. Graduating the N7 program, the designation for Alliance special forces soldiers, she was a candidate to become a Council Spectre--her first mission proving to be one that would change the course of history. A threat that initially seemed to simply be a rogue Spectre, a turian named Saren, turned into a conflict that threatened to exterminate all sentient life in the galaxy. Watching friends and lovers die, being betrayed by those closest to her, and dying once herself in the process, Shepard eventually managed to unite the races of the galaxy and end the Reaper threat once and for all.

But had they been the true threat? In her experiences on the Crucible, she was warned of a threat far greater than any the Reapers had posed...a threat the Reapers had been trying to protect the universe from since their creation. It was a threat not of their world, but of others, that was seeking a way to end all life across all times and planes of existence. With just a faint notion of this threat and how to stop it, Shepard took her concerns to the Council. They doubted her once, but wouldn't do so again, and the hero left to find the Porta Omnia before it could threaten all she had just sacrificed so much to save...

I have one or two more coming. A character from Golden Sun, and then another legitimate character from the Smash Bros. games. Just doing some more research to make sure I can play then right.

ArtemisHighmore

Mildly tempted to throw in DK and/or Bowser. Haha

zergmuncher

Thank you for your opinion Ace. I must say I agree with you. I won't make a Space Marine. Just shows you how it can ruin everything if I did. I want to have fun here, not claim everyone's lives.

EdwardShane

I've been thinking.  Since we have a lack of actual smashers, I would be willing to submit a fourth character (namely, my favorite brawl character) to play as.  Thoughts, opinions?

apygoos

Quote from: EdwardShane on July 08, 2014, 06:18:29 PM
I've been thinking.  Since we have a lack of actual smashers, I would be willing to submit a fourth character (namely, my favorite brawl character) to play as.  Thoughts, opinions?
well 1: who's the character
and 2: dont necessarily want to sweep the main rosters up if people may get interested in the game.

EdwardShane

Quote from: apygoos on July 08, 2014, 06:32:53 PM
well 1: who's the character
and 2: dont necessarily want to sweep the main rosters up if people may get interested in the game.

1. Ike.

2. There are still tons of characters available, even if I do submit him and he's accepted

apygoos

SammyGirl

Quote from: Dhi on July 08, 2014, 02:42:36 AM
I'm potentially interested in playing a lesbian Rosalina or Princess Peach, but I'd like to wait and see since the current climate doesn't seem to favor such a character.

That would be interesting. Personally I don't play lesbian characters UNLESS the partners' personalities fit really well. However, I encourage others to give it a whirl. There has to be one before there can be two, am I right? x3

Quote from: Ace Flyer on July 08, 2014, 03:25:34 AM
I have one or two more coming. A character from Golden Sun, and then another legitimate character from the Smash Bros. games. Just doing some more research to make sure I can play then right.

Shepard is approved. And just let me know once you've thought of any other characters. I would LOVE a golden sun character and another original smasher!

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on July 08, 2014, 03:29:06 AM
Mildly tempted to throw in DK and/or Bowser. Haha

Go for it! We need some more smashers!

Quote from: EdwardShane on July 08, 2014, 06:38:37 PM
1. Ike.

2. There are still tons of characters available, even if I do submit him and he's accepted

I would be thrilled to have Ike in the mix! It would help bolster the roster, and Soren's confidence XD

EdwardShane

Character name: Ike
Character Gender and Species: Male Beorc (Human)
Originating Game: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
5 words to describe personality: Humble, kind, brave, protective, noble
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Ike wields Ragnell, a holy sword blessed by a goddess.  He has moderate speed, is extremely skilled, and has great strength, able to wield this blade in one hand when almost everyone else must use both hands.
Pokemon or other partners:  Various members of the Greil Mercenary group
Brief History: Ike has seen many battles, and has become a veteran warrior from his experiences.  He had been present during the Subspace Emissary episode, and had for a time returned to mercenary work in his homeworld once it was over.  When he learned that things were going to be started back up, he had sent Soren ahead of him to help keep things organized, while he dealt with some unfinished business.  Now that said business is concluded, he plans to head to Minerva so as to check up on things, and return to the world of Smash.

Dhi

Character name: Rosalina
Character Gender and Species: Female Human
Originating Game: Super Mario Galaxy
5 words to describe personality: Independent, Nurturing, Cosmic Cat Lady
Battle Skills and Weaponry: With her Luma Wand, Rosalina can summon Luma, shape light into holographic illusions, and direct star bits, which are said to taste like honey. Rosalina keeps in shape and her height gives her an unexpected reach advantage, but she isn't trained to fight and so it mostly goes to waste.
Pokemon or other partner: Luma (a small anthropomorphic star)
Brief History: As a small girl, perhaps in the Mushroom Kingdom, Rosalina discovered the crash of an alien creature called a luma. To help the luma find its mother, she left her own home and family behind to accompany the luma out into the stars. From this galactic watch over the glittering stars she became the steward of many more luma, and guided her charges on their journeys to become stars, planets, and comets. Just how much time passed is unknown, though Rosalina recalls prior centuries, and has not seemed to age a day over twenty.

It was Mario who finally reached her, seeking help rescuing the kidnap-prone Princess Peach. By helping Mario, Rosalina became aware of her own humanity. She has since returned to the Mushroom Kingdom occasionally to visit her new friends, and cure the loneliness of life in her distant observatory. Even the tournament on Minerva, which seems at odds with her personality, is an intriguing new experience for a woman starved for human contact.

SammyGirl

Rosalina is accepted! It'll be fun to have her around XD

Ace Flyer

Sorry for the delays, but, work has just been killing my muse...Give me another day or two, and I'll have my last few characters up. Since I am feeling creative though...Anyone have a request for any characters they might want to play around with?

I have Zeratul (Starcraft), Chalis (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn), and Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) planned and almost finished. But I can add a few more if anyone has a particular character they want their own to get to interact with.

SammyGirl

An excellent sounding character lineup. I love Zeratul. And Golden Sun was a great game.

Dhi

I would love to see Peach, personally. I was surprised she went unclaimed, but it felt selfish to claim both Rosalina and Peach.

EdwardShane

I don't see a problem with you having both, personally ^^  But that's my opinion

zergmuncher

EdwardShane

zergmuncher

I very vaguely remember Kerrigan mentioning Zeratul being dead in HotS

EdwardShane

No, she said he'd most likely be dead when he returned to the protoss to try and deliver his message, I think.  I believe there was no definite on his death.

zergmuncher

Just like there was no definite on Gandrayda's death in Prime 3 corruption.

Ace Flyer

I haven't played Heart of the Swarm yet, but Kerrigan likely is just assuming that Zeratul is dead based on...however their last meeting went, I guess. And I only say that with confidence because Blizzard has confirmed that in Legacy of the Void, Zeratul is the main character you play as. You play Raynor in WoL, Kerrigan in HotS, and Zeratul in LoV to finish the Starcraft 2 story.

Also, Dhi...I can try giving Peach a try if you want. Though if you want to pick her up, go right ahead! I doubt anyone will care.

zergmuncher

I hope that LotV doesn't finish the story. I want moar!

Ace Flyer

It will finish Starcraft 2's story, unfortunately. Blizzard has said they only meant it to be a trilogy of sorts, so...Whatever comes next will have to wait for Starcraft 3, I guess.

zergmuncher

Wait what? Another 8 years like waiting from Brood War to WoL?

Ace Flyer

Heh, it's better than the wait people had/have waiting for a new good Doom or Duke Nukem :p