Interest Check: The Emerald Crown (5e, Political Intriguing, NC-Exotic)

Started by ShadowFox89, December 21, 2014, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikka

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 27, 2014, 07:42:55 PM
Kinda, most dukes/duchesses have a court champion of their own who answers duels of honor for them.

Shana will likely defend herself in these case, unless some champion would represent her.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Foxy Oni on December 27, 2014, 09:14:19 PM
Groovy. Maybe we should figure out if anyone has pre-existing connections.

I'm fine with anyone else wanting to have a connection of some sort to Gil. Most people, espcially the nobility, know of him at the very least, and he isn't a hard guy to meet or lay eyes on in any case - he spends a lot of time out among the people, especially since he's always looking for Griffon Knight recruits, and he looks high and low - poor, rich, male, female - it doesn't matter.

Foxy DeVille

Zee Baroness holds a fairly public position and looking the way she does makes her pretty well known in general. Also, she might have had dealings with any sneaky sorts in the past.

Florence

Meredith would at least try to keep tabs on the other people of note in the city. She wouldn't be very good at the game if she didn't know who all the players were.

Meredith herself probably has something of a reputation. I imagine she usually has agents meet with people rather than meeting them herself, to preserve some level of anonymity. It's easier to spy on people when they don't know your face, after all.

If she does meet someone in person for business, its generally with a disguise on to conceal her identity.

Still, its very possible at least some of the characters have met her, or at least know of her. She may have done work for some of the nobles... or perhaps even done work against them.

As for the characters of more humble origins, Meredith does do what she can to help the poor and the helpless, so perhaps her paths crossed with characters in that regard somehow.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Foxy Oni on December 27, 2014, 10:25:18 PM
Zee Baroness holds a fairly public position and looking the way she does makes her pretty well known in general. Also, she might have had dealings with any sneaky sorts in the past.

She might actually not be a big fan of Gil at all, then. Being Neutral Good and the leader of an order of NG knights, he frequently bends the law or outright ignores it when he can if it's in the service of what he believes is the right thing to do, though usually he does it quietly. Plus, petty crime isn't in his purview - he deals with large-scale dangers outside of the cities, and anything that threatens the royal family. He could, and probably has, use his very broad authority to stick his nose where it doesn't strictly belong, because he's a good guy who recognizes that the law is not always perfect. He prefers to bend the rules, or failing that create a situation where he can work within the rules, but if he can't do either and its serious enough he'll break them.

ShadowFox89

Imagine Gil as the Right Hand of the Emperor and Tobias as the Left.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: eternaldarkness on December 27, 2014, 11:01:52 PM
She might actually not be a big fan of Gil at all, then. Being Neutral Good and the leader of an order of NG knights, he frequently bends the law or outright ignores it when he can if it's in the service of what he believes is the right thing to do, though usually he does it quietly. Plus, petty crime isn't in his purview - he deals with large-scale dangers outside of the cities, and anything that threatens the royal family. He could, and probably has, use his very broad authority to stick his nose where it doesn't strictly belong, because he's a good guy who recognizes that the law is not always perfect. He prefers to bend the rules, or failing that create a situation where he can work within the rules, but if he can't do either and its serious enough he'll break them.

*begins plotting evil schemes*

rikka

I imagine Shana would had some dealings with Meredith, or at least with her agents, regarding those salable secrets she has to offer.  Which are a great help to the duchess, and an addition in her own initiative in getting to know on who's who and what secrets they hide.

She will probably be tagging the Baroness and Tobias in her investigations. 

Ons/Offs

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

1) Still accepting characters?

and

2) Any stance on "monster" races?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 02, 2015, 07:07:14 PM
1) Always

2) Depends on what race

Ah, i had a wonky idea for a gnoll, then I looked them over in the 5th edition MM, and, wow, talk about a new edition. 3.5 had them as more "wild savages with potential" but now they're just straight-up "yeah, even orcs think they're evil bastards. Good luck!"

So, scrap the monster idea, I'll come up with something a little less... uh... dumb? :D

eternaldarkness

yeah :/ 4E had them as a fully viable and fleshed-out PC race too with a lot of nuance, and 5e just took a bunch of big steps back there.

Chulanowa

Well, if it's deemed an option i'll take it, naturally...  ;D I would figure the way to convert things is +2 to the highest stat in the MM, +1 to the second-highest, and whatever race abilities / proficiencies they're listed as having?

Anyway, I'm not betting on it. So maybe something more mundane.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 03, 2015, 03:50:42 AM
Well, if it's deemed an option i'll take it, naturally...  ;D I would figure the way to convert things is +2 to the highest stat in the MM, +1 to the second-highest, and whatever race abilities / proficiencies they're listed as having?

Anyway, I'm not betting on it. So maybe something more mundane.
Oh I can do the mechanics no problem if you want them. It's a matter of if shadow will allow it.

rikka

Ons/Offs

eternaldarkness