Mortal Kombat!!! Finish me! ...Sexuality! [New Players Always Welcome!]

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 29, 2012, 08:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

summoner2183

Kimera

Inerrant Lust

You totally should.  ::)

I'll always be looking for new players and characters, especially since I at least plan to be very disposing with my own characters. :P

As it stands, we could use more bad guys but the more the merrier.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Sethala

Hm, I might make a character or two.  I know next to nothing about the Mortal Kombat games, aside from there being a lot of blood and ripping someone's skull out of their head and beating them to death with it...

Is there anything specific about the setting I need to know, or can I just kind of wing it?  I saw the "rules" in the OOC post, but what about the setting?

Inerrant Lust

@kokaine

You can play Kitana, it's one less thing I would have to worry about. :P

@Sethala

Anything specific... not particularly if you're playing a character from Earth. It's pretty much anyone who would feasibly be alive around at the late 1500s.

Which would include mythological beings (we have one vampire from Eastern Europe so far... and the son of a Chinese War God) but most of the unique Mortal-Kombat specific concepts are from the other worlds fighting to dominate Earth.

I hadn't played mortal kombat much since the SNES days so I've done a bit of research myself in the past few days. :P If you have any questions, or really just a concept to run by me it's fine.

Sethala

The two concepts I have at first are someone who uses fire magic of all sorts, and someone who fights with various poisons, most of which have magical effects or are otherwise not like "normal" poison.  Any thoughts on how I can make someone that doesn't break the lore too badly?

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Sethala on October 12, 2012, 03:48:50 PM
The two concepts I have at first are someone who uses fire magic of all sorts, and someone who fights with various poisons, most of which have magical effects or are otherwise not like "normal" poison.  Any thoughts on how I can make someone that doesn't break the lore too badly?

If playing a villain, that's pretty simple. Outworld's inhabitants range anywhere from humans with magical powers to giant four-armed furries. ;D You could even play an Outworlder who simply jumps ship to join the good guys.

If playing someone on Earth's side, that's also pretty simple. Most of the Lin Kuei (The organization where a majority of the ninja characters come from) generally have themed powers in one form or another. Sub Zero's ice, Smoke's... smoke, ect.) Although Chinese in origin, at least by the start of the video game series they seem to be taking people from all parts of the globe.

Scorpion got his fire powers from being dead and resurrected from Hell. Granted, he is part of a japanese offshoot from the Lin Kuei.

The simplest explanation of all?

Johnny Cage, a hollywood actor, shoots green energy out of his shins for no apparent reason. ;)

And yet he finds Baraka having blades on his arms strange, huh! :P

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

DylanTheVillain

Well Paint me interested. :D

*Grabs a paint bucket and brush* I'm serious...
<A href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=126865.msg5596646#msg5596646> Some Villainous ideas.</a>

Looking for a group to do an online tabletop game with. :D (Warning- may be mildly newbish)

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kokaine

Hoping to get Kitana and maybe one other character up for this game tonight.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

AKunoichi

I have the vague beginings of an idea. A Chinese swordswoman who is a Member of the White Tigress society. A Taoist sect of women trying to maintain eternal youth by drinking semen (True story allegedly)

Inerrant Lust

Lawlz, sounds awesome. :P

But if you have an idea, feel free to post it in the OOC and start in the IC whenevs. It's already started, but I'm taking it slowly so as to allow people to join in early. Still, you can come in at any time.

And Kokaine, if you want, you can post in the IC thread now as Kitana. Although granted, I didn't have her doing much except look pretty by Shang Tsung. :P

Kokaine

Okay... will see about getting a post up for her today then :P

My O/Os

Mora

I can join.. What's the male/female ratio at now...? I can make either... Or both.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Thorn14

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious.

But I'm a bit concerned about the death aspects, I don't like RPing that (yes I know Mortal Kombat)

May I ask more about all this?

Inerrant Lust

A character's death is entirely voluntary on the player's part. So is killing another character for that matter. At least in the most recent game, the good guys rarely killed their opponents after beating them in the story mode... even when doing so would have made their lives much easier in the long run.

So there's no need to 'finish him' every time. Nor can anyone kill another character without their permission, even if they've won on a coin toss.

In fact, everything will be based on permissions. If you don't want your character to bleed, then they could only get roughed up without being cut. :P If you are fine with your character losing a limb but you are not fine with them losing their eyesight for example... then another player can hack off an arm if they win but eye-gouging's out of the question.

Of course, I imagine there won't be any surprises between the two players whose characters are fighting. I mean, I've pretty much already talked to TheRaven about everything that could possibly happen in the current fight. It requires a bit of trust, especially if you are permitting someone else to pretty much maim your character... but that's why the permissions thing is on the sheet, and also I should hope that everyone communicates with one another wherever these interactions might occur. :P

But overall, considering the nature of the RP... if you're only into vanilla sex and no violence, you can still join this game... just don't be surprised when right next door in the RP someone is fellating and dismembering (pun intended) an opponent at the same time. :P

I don't know if we have anyone on the roster so far that kinky, but it's a possibility.  ;)

Thorn14

Haha.

Well I just remember how violent the latest MK can get.

Hopefully we all use "friendship"  :D

I"ll think of some ideas over night.

Any tips or thoughts inerrant?

Inerrant Lust

Well, you don't even need to be an official fighter in the tournament. Raiden cannot participate- being a God. So he is only spectating.

Many of the characters on Outworld's side (Jane & Kitana so far) are also not in the official tournament but rather act as enforcers and general errand-boys/girls.

We have another character, Yamagi, who is not participating but has rather come to the tournament in search of someone else. So you could possibly play a very non-combative character if you'd rather focus on the plotting and intrigue that I hope will pepper the story.

ShadowFox89

Well, she's still gonna fight. It's just that most of Yamagi's fighting will involve killing mook guards while she searches for a guy who probably doesn't even know her....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Thorn14

Mora