News:

Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Eric28, February 14, 2010, 05:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric28

Scanned the board and didn't see a post about this. (Very possible I did miss it however)

As a huge sports fan I love the Olympics! Anyone else been watching so far?

Can't wait for the mens ice hockey to start!

GO CANADA GO!

You're a mountain that I'd like to climb. Not to conquer, but to share in the view.

My On's and Off's

A&A

Eric28

Kristina Groves just won Canada's second medal. A bronze in the 3000m speed skating :)
You're a mountain that I'd like to climb. Not to conquer, but to share in the view.

My On's and Off's

A&A

WhiteyChan

Needs more Ultimate to get me interested.

Go GB though!

consortium11

Watched the odd bit that's been on TV.

Obviously RIP Nodar Kumaritashvili; my thoughts are with his family and friends.

I always love the speed skating as despite the fact these are elite athletes who have spent years training for this one day, there is nearly always a moment in every race where at least one athlete absolutely stacks it.

Reminds me of Bradbury's "epic" win last time round...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW1HEZhdIPA&feature=player_embedded#

Oniya

I mostly watch for the Norwegian drive-bys (biathlon) ;D  I was happy to see that the US finally got a medal in Nordic combined.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Will

I don't often get into the Olympics... That said, it actually was pretty thrilling to watch the U.S. take the gold at the last minute in womens' moguls.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

The Chinese pair in the short program just performed to Queen's 'Who Wants To Live Forever'.  The announcer said something about how having such an opportunity so late in their skating career was a miracle.

I turned to Mr. Oniya and said 'No.  It's a kind of magic.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oniya

Alexandre Bilodeau took gold in men's moguls, making him the first Canadian to win gold in a Canadian-hosted Olympics!

rpsaturnal

Woohoo! We (Australia) won a gold medal. One gold, one silver. Something very amusing about our sunburned country winning anything at the Winter Olympics.