What's your favorite D&D character class?

Started by AtlasEros, November 11, 2010, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtlasEros

I noticed several people mentioned playing D&D in my RPG post, so I was wondering what your favorite class or class combination is?

My choices will be listed using the 3.5 rules, which is the version I perfer; although I've played every version of D&D.  My favorite class is Rogue, followed by warrior/mage combination (which takes a lot of classes to pull off well).  I also make certain to always have a god which I'm usually very involved with in one way or another.
O/O

MikeH5

Barbarian; I don't know why, but I love the class. I know its not great, but I simply find it to be enormously fun.

Sasha

I only ever played D&D once ...took me awhile to learn the dice rolling system and the square movement . Had a wonderful friend who actually got on the phone and spent several hours with me as he went over all the moves available . While using a D20 dice roller . Another friend helped me create a sheet for the character ...Bertha the brute , I think the name was .  Only issue I had was they made me change the pic for the character since I used a Russian Muscle woman ..bodybuilder ...she was pretty scary looking though .

But I thought she made a GREAT ...Barbarian .

The things you do for your friends , I swear ....unfortunately the Storyteller kind of bailed out on us after a month or so ..was a bummer . Never had the opportunity to play the game again but always wanted to .

HairyHeretic

As far as basic D&D type classes go, I'm kinda torn between the Ranger and the Monk. Ranger was the one I started with, probably based on favorite book characters, Monk came later.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AtlasEros

Barbarians & Rangers are both great, I prefer those as warrior types.  Especially Barbarians with really low wis score, they can do all sort of fun poorly thought out actions.  I ripped a troll's head off once in a game & then drank it's blood from the base of it's neck.  The same Barbarian got spooked during storm on a ship upon the high seas & recalling we never made a sacrifice to the god of the ocean took all the parties money & threw it in the ocean.  The looks on the other players faces was priceless.
O/O

Chris Brady

Fighter, because Conan was NOT a D&D style Barbarian (ANY incarnation, except maybe the 2e Kit.  And even then.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

DarklingAlice

A Rogue/Wizard (Diviner) multiclass. I only actually played that in one campaign but it was such a blast.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Aiden

I really like the Paladin class a lot, but first would be rogue.

tuckers02

My favorite class to play is Wizard.  I especially love the Gnome Illusionist, but I also like playing the Dwarf Wizard/Cleric.  That's the most common class I play.

Now, my favorite character I have ever played was a Human Healer (Miniature's Handbook), but that was for the roleplaying.  She (the character) just captivates me.

AtlasEros

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 12, 2010, 04:53:04 PM
Fighter, because Conan was NOT a D&D style Barbarian (ANY incarnation, except maybe the 2e Kit.  And even then.)
Conan is actually a mutliclass character.  There is a AD&D module which has stats & classes for Conan, as well as the d20 Conan game which both depict Conan with more than one class.  I believe he had rogue levels in both.

For anyone who hasn't played it, the Conan d20 game is a great low magic, dark fantasy game.
O/O