Harry Potter and the Rise of the Light (AU, OCs and select Canons Wanted!)

Started by Rogue, August 03, 2013, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaosfox

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Rogue

Chaosfox

Im  still not sure about the classes for her  even more so because it does not really mention her time at Hogwarts in her background. Im going to try my best to guess what they would have been but not sure how many point will go into them.

kckolbe

Charms and Curses seem particularly important to her.  If I had to guess which academic subjects mattered to her, I'd guess along the lines of CoMC for some reason, possibly History of Magic as well.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Rogue

I honestly wouldn't mind her not having any points what so ever in her classes. Just because it makes sense that she'd lose a lot of her skills over the time as far as the classes go. Most of the Classes, if you noticed, are book knowledge more than spell casting knowledge. I'd think if Bella had skills in Runes or Arithmacy, she might have lost a fair amount of that knowledge over time. I also think of spell casting to be more intuitive but that's just me. She also may be gaining more of her knowledge back over time as well. I personally would put her majors as Runes (simply because I think that's something lacking explicitly in Voldie's army) and.... either Care of Magical Creatures or Arithmacy. She would have Others as Muggle studies (obviously), History of Magic, Divination, and Astronomy, perhaps? Minors could be Potions, Herbology and either Care or Arithmacy. I also am of the opinion that Bellatrix was fairly intelligent, even if a bit obsessive, before she went to Azkaban, so take my suggestions as you will. :)

Quote from: kckolbe on February 28, 2014, 11:39:12 PM
Charms and Curses seem particularly important to her.  If I had to guess which academic subjects mattered to her, I'd guess along the lines of CoMC for some reason, possibly History of Magic as well.

All I have to say to the History of Magic is Binns. It takes a special kind of personality to enjoy History of Magic after going through his class, even if it does kind of make sense considering the Black family.

kckolbe

Given her pride in her family line, I see her having more than passing familiarity in events her family influenced, giving her an above average score.  Still just a 3, nothing special, but something.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Chaosfox

Part of her personality describes her as Highly intelligent but  Easily distracted. LIke I said the Wiki was useful for something just not  others >.<  Like  quality wise there are several that could potentially be used. And her Drawbacks are fairly obvious.

kckolbe

Very true, Chaosfox.  Basically, just try to pick things that seem consistent with the character.  If there is a seeming gap or inconsistency, make the decision based on what you want to play.  And yeah, Drawbacks shouldn't be too hard.  You'll have a lot of good Qualities to choose from, though.

Intro Thread

Rogue

Quote from: Chaosfox on March 01, 2014, 12:10:06 AM
Part of her personality describes her as Highly intelligent but  Easily distracted. LIke I said the Wiki was useful for something just not  others >.<  Like  quality wise there are several that could potentially be used. And her Drawbacks are fairly obvious.

Well then. Glad that was actual cannon and not just head cannon. *laughs* But KC is right. Play to her character and I won't be picky. :)

Chaosfox

Ok I will keep that in mind I will get her done tomorrow  some time my brain is to tired to spread points out right now

Rogue

Quote from: Chaosfox on March 01, 2014, 12:45:42 AM
Ok I will keep that in mind I will get her done tomorrow  some time my brain is to tired to spread points out right now

Not a problem. :) I think I have a way to get the darkside started, just need to check in with someone and see if they are still up for it. :)