News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

It's time for a third gender option.

Started by Vekseid, May 29, 2009, 08:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transgirlenstein

I like the one Cecilia and Golden Touch liked
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Yep, me too. I love that layout. ^_^

Ryven

Here's a suggestion for perhaps the knight/dame level though it sounds like you already have a lot of good choices.  Deacon

Don't know if it's any good, but thought I'd throw it out since I don't think anyone else has suggested it yet.

Nadir

I have a character with that naaaaaame!

Desan

Quote from: Cecilia on May 31, 2009, 12:00:37 PM
I like the "lord, lady, laurel"   "knight, dame, patron". "satyr, siren, sidhe". "god, goddess, deity" scheme... It adds what's been missing without changing everything all around.

I like this one as well.
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Lunaris

Puuuurfect. I'll be switching over to the third option as soon as its available.

As for the the titles, I've liked Laurel, Guardian, and Sidhe (especially) out of the bunch. To my knowledge, those born as both genders were looked upon highly in Native American (and some others) culture. There might be a few titles you can pluck from that as well.

Oniya

Already looked there.  The best terms of the lot were 'Two-Spirit' (Native American) and 'Kinnar' (a term for one of the devas in India) which, while very positive terms, are kind of jarring in conjunction with 'Lord', 'Lady', et. al.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Trieste

I like Kinnar, though... Very pretty word. I don't recall what the devas were, but would that be a possibility for Knight/Dame, or a Deity title (instead of just 'Deity', which I find rather bland and which we use as a plural term for the all-of-us already)?

Valerian

Deva means something like "shining one" -- it's usually compared to about the level of angel in Christian mythology, but they're really more like nature spirits.  I don't think they're quite deities (as far as I know), but it is a pretty word.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lithos

QuoteI like the "lord, lady, laurel"   "knight, dame, patron". "satyr, siren, sidhe". "god, goddess, deity" scheme... It adds what's been missing without changing everything all around.

I agree with this, practical and sounds pretty as well.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

jilorbb

I prefer liege over laurel because of what daylily said about the meaning of laurel.

Xillen

Liege sounds better fitting than Laurel to me. Liege is a pretty wellknown word. Laurel is not in the context it's planning on being used, and much more common as a girl's name.

Lithos

Hmm, so "lord, lady, liege", "knight, dame, patron", "satyr, siren, sidhe", "god, goddess, deity"

That rhymes nicely still.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Transgirlenstein

What do we need to do to get the new gender tag?

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Transgirlenstein

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Doomsday

Caeli

The titles have already been decided. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lilias

Still, shouldn't there be a third, 'Other' gender option for profiles as well?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Caeli

That hasn't been configured yet. For now, those who would like to identify themselves as 'Other' should ask for the Liege tag, if they're comfortable with doing so.

I'm sure Veks will implement it in the future.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Doomsday

Quote from: Caeli on June 19, 2009, 03:45:33 AM
The titles have already been decided. :-)
I see you guys took my advice. Bravo!

Vekseid

Quote from: HPDDJ on June 19, 2009, 04:21:52 AM
I see you guys took my advice. Bravo!

A week before you gave it, even! : p