Souled! (Fantasy Role Play Interest Thread) OPEN! (15/20 TAKEN)

Started by kasper, April 30, 2012, 10:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkRose15

I'll do my best hehe. I just hope things for Octo gets better.
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

kasper

Applications currently being considered and will soon be posted as to who has what parts.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

kasper

UPDATED

Roles Accepted:
The Charmer as Bobbacca
Sleep as Mezzanotte
Life as Brittlby
Dream as RampantDesires

Awaiting Reply for Pending Roles:
Innocent Soul as usha

Pending Roles:
Innocent Twin as lisa2lady
Innocent Twin as Sweets
Banshee as Puddingdragon

Untouched Roles:
God's Pet aka Lo
Death
Nightmare
Cerberus
Damned Soul

Lisa2lady

is there anything I can do during the pending process that can help my application process out revamping the Innocents sister profile or are you waiting for sweet to put hers up

sweets

I shot octo a PM with my back ground for the good twin. She is more then likely just thinking over who will be better for the role.

DarkRose15

It looks like Sweets will be taking the role of the Sweet Twin. It was a hard decision, but thank you to both of you for applying. Also, thank you to everyone for your patience :D

AngelicBlade

I'm interested in the The Damned Soul posistion if you'll have me, oh and I must ask, what is the time period in which earth is set? Just wondering for backround reasons.

FallenMajesty

Desired Position: Nightmare
Name: Morpheus
Background:

Words are such fragile things. They construct such grand stories with them while they're awake, seeking to bury their inner demons and their true nature through skillfully crafted stories that they tell themselves, and others. Only in dark dreams, where no story they construct can protect them, are they shown the lie both they and I know those stories to be.

The first thing Morpheus can remember is a dream that he never could wake up from. A nightmare, all of his very own. That no one wanted to be his mother. Of an entire litany of beings, with parents  interested in birthing them, caring for them, raising for them, establishing a family. Although not quite understanding why, it was largely concluded this was a good thing. But no one ever wanted Nightmare, and this bothered him, then irritated him, then made him angry. Angry enough to, with nothing else save his mind, will himself into existence. Triumphing over his own nightmare, from which there had been no waking save by triumph. Having done so, he felt to the very core of his being that it having been made clear that he did not belong to a family, or the group of people to whom had mothers, fathers, siblings, husbands, wives, and friends, that he must be better than them.

He was certainly smarter. After all, he was the only being in the entire universe brilliant enough to create himself. He drifted from dream to dream, touching sleeping minds and taking what knowledge he needed. He had no family or friends to teach him, after all, and certainly no one to tell him that this was a bad thing. It was in those dreams that he learned of two things. First, that dreams as they were right now were fanciful things. More pleasant things, to go with their pleasant lives. Morpheus understood that in one's darker moments, one revealed one's true nature. He took great joy in revealing hidden truths that were best left alone. Almost as if toying with them, his brilliance having put him above the rules of which society operated.

The second was that there was someone with him in many of them. She was responsible for those fanciful things, and he hated her for it. He even took the time to seek her out, that he might torment her for interfering with his fun. It was then that he found she was... beautiful. Her beauty like that of finest moon goddess, her manner as soft as moon beams on one's skin, her mind having depths to it that he had not suspected. In short, everything he was not.

He didn't have many friends, and quite honestly, he liked it that way. No family, no friend to tell him what to do (not that he'd have listened anyways). And he tormented Dream mercilessly, taking great joy in what dreams she crafted, and turning them into nightmares worthy of the greatest epics. He had a certain dramatic flare that suited his chosen work very well. His knack for crafting stories lent very well to crafting the grandest of dark dreams. And his ability to tease details, and find the one thing which he might tempt those into darkness, worthy of the finest demon. He turned these in full force upon Dream, as he did his own unpleasant nature.

But still, the damned woman wouldn't go. He treated her much as he did everyone else, because to him, she wasn't different than anyone else. She wouldn't leave... no matter what he tried, no matter what he did. Eventually, he sort of resigned himself to it, for at least for someone who wouldn't go, she was the finest specimen. He never ceased tormenting her, although in time, he had three rules by which he dealt with her. Simply things that he could no longer bring himself to do around or to her.

The first was that he had never said one bad thing to her about her mother. That deep seated desire of his, so long ago, to have a mother of his own never quite went away, and he couldn't bring himself to say or do anything to or about the mother of hers that was (although he would NEVER admit this) the kind that he had wanted for himself.

The second was that there were certain torments that he would not visit upon her waking hours. While in dreams, he had no problem turning them into the darkest of nightmares, he would not visit many of those same torments on her in waking hours. As to why, he didn't really know, simply that after one such time where he had finally gotten to her, it had bothered him so much that he resolved to not do it anymore, as he didn't like how it made him feel.

He had eventually resigned himself to her company, as the damned woman simply would not leave. At least she was beautiful, intelligent, and incredibly graceful. He even took the name of Morpheus, for he considered himself the Lord of Dreams. Not that rose petal laden candy land fanciful moon thinkings that Dream crafted. This seemed to do little else save please Dream, in some small way. Damned if he knew why.

------

How's this?

kasper

UPDATED

Roles Accepted:
The Charmer as Bobbacca
Sleep as Mezzanotte
Life as Brittlby
Dream as RampantDesires

none

Pending Roles:
Innocent Twin as Sweets
Banshee as Puddingdragon
Nightmare as FallenMajesty

Untouched Roles:
God's Pet aka Lo
Death
Cerberus
Damned Soul

Let it be noted that in order to be considered for a role you must post a character skeleton. Thank you.

Starlequin

Desired Position: Death
Name: Zyn

"It's a popular belief that there are worse things than death. Most days, that's true. But I can assure you...it doesn't have to be."

Background: So much work to do. So much suffering to alleviate. So much sorrow to inflict. So much peace to grant. Lesser beings would have crumbled a billion times, and a billion times again, under the collossal responsibilities of an office so integral to the delicate tapestry of existence.

For Zyn, it's less of a challenge than a walk through the rain.

Many creatures wonder and ponder the nature of their existence, the mystery of their origin and the enigma of their destiny. Not so, Zyn. As far as Death is concerned, he was the second guest ever to arrive at the Festival of Being, and he'll be the last one to leave. Gods and devils and mad-minded spirits can believe in their precious immortal endlessness all they like, but Zyn knows the truth: Nothing Lasts. A day will come when the last soul will be reaped, the final silence will fall, and Zyn will be the one to turn out the lights.

But in the meantime, there is so much to enjoy! Deimos and his little pet with their inscrutable agendas keep the Underworld so entertaining...and a certain gatekeeper provides more than a little long-missed attraction. Zyn is always among the first to admit that Naissance is the ultimate artist, and he holds great admiration and appreciation for her living masterpieces. And despite his brother Doromir's less than sterling opinion on Zyn's seemingly shallow persona, Death often enjoys the company of his sibling Sleep when the pair ramble through the world of the living, reaping and collecting the souls of their charges.

Zyn's usual enjoy-the-moment attitude often precludes him from anticipating much of anything outside of work, leaving him free to bask in the little pleasant surprises of existence as they come. But there is one thing Death has been looking forward to for a long, long time. Sooner or later, Zyn will have the chance to finally reap that miserable, hateful, despicable bastard Ferryman once and for all. And he plans to do everything in his considerable power to ensure that Talt does not enjoy anything like an easy, gentle Death.

Otherwise, Zyn does enjoy his work, and he performs his duties with flawless efficiency. Generally considered a Major Player, he has his finger firmly on the pulse (so to speak) of the Underworld's goings-on and is rarely uninformed. Of course, Zyn is a little too cool to really care about the affairs of the living and the dead, but it's a great way to kill time. And in the end, that's really what it's all about.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

FallenMajesty

Just in case my application for Nightmare doesn't go through, I figured I'd put in a second one. For another interesting position I think I might be able to do well. I'm very interested in the game, and if I end up running both, so much the better. I think they're both pretty interesting.

--------

He has lived a troubled life and has sought revenge to satisfy the bitter hatred in his heart. Now he has condemned himself to hell in the pursuit of vengeance, but surprisingly, he knows where the Banshee is taking him and shows no fear.
----------------

Desired Position: The Damned Soul
Name: Ken Sakaguchi
Background:

My life is one I wish I had not lived. My death is a thing I welcome. I am the last of my house, a dishonor to my family's name. I know full well where I am going. But they, my parent's killers, will go first.

The Sakaguchis were a family who made their money supplying Japan with the things they needed. Their company was founded when trade was opened up with the West, that they might protect Japan's people from exploitation by the foreign devils who were invading their country. Indeed, the Sakaguchis wanted to help their country, and their countrymen. The Sakaguchis worked, feeling that very real sense of that they needed to uphold the honor of their ancestors, who had bled and died for their country. That sense of honor, and duty, was the defining characteristic of their house through the generations. When a temple fell on hard times, it was the Sakaguchis who helped maintain and rebuild, if it was necessary. When a village was swept away by act of the gods, or an act of man, it was the Sakaguchis that helped rebuild. This devotion to service rewarded the Sakaguchis and their company, for when any major project or contract came up, it was the Sakaguchis who were rewarded with it, as an act of service. After the ruin that became of the country, the Sakaguchis sold stock in their company, giving the funds to the rebuilding effort.

Ken came into the world well loved by his parents. They were good people, and he was their only son, his mother not capable of having another. But it did not matter, for he was happy. The board of directors had not the same core of duty, honor, and service that the Sakaguchis had. Their principal motivation was plumping their pocketbooks. And, having come to the conclusion that their pocketbooks could grow no plumper while the Sakaguchis were still around, they contacted the Triads, to get rid of them. The father and mother were easy to find killers willing to accept the contract. But the child, was a special case. There was only one willing to do so, the most famed assassin of the day. And even he, when come face to face with the last Sakaguchi, could not do it, for two reasons. The first was that he had sacrificed so much to survive, crossed every line he knew, save one. He would not kill a child. The second, was that the Sakaguchis had helped his parents, after the war. No matter how dim, there was that single core of honor that would not allow him to do a disservice of such magnitude to the last of the line that had sacrificed everything in the service of others. His life was a hard one... he knew full well that by apprenticing this boy, it would likely change him forever. It would more than likely result in the assassin's death. But he was old, and tired, and knew full well where he was going when it was done. The world believed that the Sakaguchis had died, with there being no living relatives ,their stock went to the board, as per the terms of the contract.

Ken was taught from a young age, sun up until he dropped, in a variety of subjects that he, quite simply, hadn't the knack for. The lessons persisted anyways, and then, there was his eighth birthday. When the assassin explained, in detail, who the Sakaguchis were, who his parents were, and how his parents had died. Apparently, the board had hired a band of particularly savage folk. His mother, they had raped and abused while his father had been forced to watch. His father, they had tortured while she watched, and cut off his eyelids when he could no longer watch what they did to her. When they had their jollies satisfied, they had slit their throats, and left. His parents had crawled, inch by bloody inch, to die in each other's arms. Their last thought, Ken was told, was for him. That image, of his poor father and mother so ill abused, for the generations who had sacrificed everything in noble causes, particularly when contrasted with his childhood memories of his mother's sweet smiling face, broke something in him. An powerful command, so all consuming, overtook him, demanding the lives of everyone who had done this. From that day on, he was an acolyte, barely eating, save what he needed to. He slept when he had to. But he trained, did everything he had to, to learn anything and everything he could, that he might avenge his parents.

When he turned twenty one, he showed up at his tutor's doorstep, gun in hand. They both knew why he was there, and still, his teacher, mentor, and his only friend in the world, had asked why. Ken replied simply that he wanted to be dead. He did not blame him for his parent's deaths, or for the life he had been forced to lead. He blamed him because he wanted to die, and yet could not, without satisfying that demand to have his parents killers pay. His mentor, and only friend, smiled, and said he had taken poison ten minutes ago. His last mercy for Ken, was to not have to kill him himself. Ken knelt, thanking his mentor for everything, and promising that others would soon join him, where he was going.

He went home with great fanfare... the last of the Sakaguchis had not died. The board, who had so calmly ordered his parents' deaths, opened him back with open arms, assuming he knew nothing. Ken spent the next three years demonstrating what he had learned so well. Each board member suffered terribly, died ignobly, their sins known to all. He impregnated daughters with their father's seed, rigging the womb to collapse if the child was aborted. He exposed every sin, every hidden detail, and then stopped them from fleeing. He had anyone who had ever thought of the board members kindly imprisoned, and then killed. Their family members, no matter how distant a relation, each suffered a greater crime than the last. The direct members of the board's families... suffered crimes, and sins, for which there were no name. By the time he was done, the death toll was in the hundreds. The board members themselves he took personal delight in seeing just how much he could do them, how long he could make them last. They eventually, each and every one, begged for death. Which he then enjoyed not granting, prolonging their agony.

The company was consumed in the purge, their headquarters being Ken's final stand. There were always a few people who had escaped, mostly distant relations of the board members. They had banded together, spent every last coin they had, and then invaded the headquarters of the Sakaguchi's company. Their ascent up the building was littered with evidence of his crimes, and made into a literal hell on earth. He had killed so many, and so few were left, but Ken was critically wounded. The few remaining rushed to top, intent on overwhelming him, only to find Ken, smiling one last bloody grin, while he held a detonator. And thus, the last of them died. He had not felt worthy to claim his parent's name, but in those last few moments, the urge that had run his entire life was silenced. He had found peace.

It was that same peace that allowed him to face the Ferryman unafraid, knowing full well where he was going, and that he deserved it. He had chosen his actions, knowing full well what the consequences were, and so, he wasn't bothered by it, nor was he afraid. His mentor's influence, undoubtedly.

kasper

UPDATED

Roles Accepted:
The Charmer as Bobbacca
Sleep as Mezzanotte
Life as Brittlby
Dream as RampantDesires
Death as Starlequin

Pending Roles:
Innocent Twin as Sweets
Banshee as Puddingdragon

Untouched Roles:
God's Pet aka Lo
Cerberus
Damned Soul

Let it be noted that in order to be considered for a role you must post a character skeleton. Thank you.

kasper

DarkRose15

Flower

Ember Star

Hey people, I'm back (see my A&A to see why I disappeared),  I'm gonna reread over the remaining available roles Ans see if there's still anything that strikes my interest
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kasper

Okay guys I'm going to take a vote.

Start despite not having filled every position.

or

Wait to fill every position.

sweets

MezzaNotte

RampantDesires

Might be easier to fill the last slots if people see the ongoing game? :)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

kasper

UPDATED

Roles Accepted:
The Charmer as Bobbacca
Sleep as Mezzanotte
Life as Brittlby
Dream as RampantDesires
Death as Starlequin
Innocent Twin as Sweets

none

Pending Roles:
none

Untouched Roles:
God's Pet aka Lo
Cerberus
Damned Soul
Banshee

The roles that are most needed are Cerberus, Lo and the Innocent Soul. We could simply scratch the Banshee and the Damned Soul. Also many of you need to fill out the character relations.

sweets

Just about to finish mine, went to visist the grandparents and just got home. I only had my phone to work with.

kasper

That's fine. And I gave you the Innocent Twin, by the way.

sweets

I saw that in the update.  Thank you very much, excited to play her.