Post-Apocalyptic World?

Started by Witness, May 23, 2005, 04:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witness

I'm interested in starting a game set in a post-apocalyptic world run by religious fanatics and conservatives in the aftermath of a terrible techno-ecological disaster (read: nuclear winter).  It's free-form, to be set in the "heavy" section; GM is to be very hands-offish, detailing mostly the world (plus GM-created NPCs).  Any interest?  At least to hear more?

Amberghylles

I'd at least like to hear more.  Have to finish getting my own game up and running before I start a new one...

Lirliel

Yeah I'm intrested, just want to hear a little more about the project before I commit.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Witness

Sorry for the long delay.

Essentially, the story of the world is as follows:

After the Twin Towers were destroyed, paranoid New Yorkers build a dome over Manhattan to protect themselves.  Unfortunately, shortly after it was built terrorists struck, poisoning the air filters, which left hundreds dead.  The United States launched a massive invasion of Iran (who supported the terrorists), but before they were successful Iran launched a number of nuclear warheads that destroyed several cities, including Washington DC.

A nuclear winter ensued that leaves thousands starving and changes weather patterns around the world.  A new order arises in the United States that is extremely conservative and very wealthy.  Those who dont fit or are too poor become increasingly disposessed.  Women and minorities lose many of their rights; morality falls by the wayside as necessity takes the helm.  A rebellion stirs.  The rebels call themselves Jeffersonians, after Thomas Jefferson, and believe they follow his ideals (they dont, but that's neither here nor there).

The two factions wage war against each other -- the government trying to starve the rebels, the rebels trying to terrorize the government.  Meanwhile the poor are caught in the middle, victims of murder, destruction, rape and worse.

That's the basics, anyway.

LordAnubis

Brandon

Interesting story...Im guessing the feel of the game is going to be somewhat like fallout?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Witness

Having never played Fallout.. I can only say "probably."  So there's at least some interest?

kat

Sounds interesting to me, I'd give it a whirl
Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

A hard man... is good to find

-Mae West