Magic School RP Proposal

Started by KesTrell, June 10, 2016, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KesTrell

Hey guys!  I’m unapproved at the moment, but I’ve been kicking around an idea for a while, so I thought I’d just put this out there and see if anyone’s interested.  Please let me know if this post is too long to be acceptable in your forum.

I want to run a magic-school RP with a twist.  As the MC, you’ve been looking forward to your eighteenth birthday your entire life, for, as a member of the Silverblood family, this is when you will discover your animal form for the first time and be bound to a young wizard as a familiar.  Your mother is a huge tiger and you have been told that your father was a wolf, so you have high hopes.  Unfortunately, the day finally comes and, much to your prospective bond mate’s horror, your animal form turns out to be that of a little silver duck. (Or a similarly undesirable animal of your choice.)

You have been figuratively left at the altar, and your family sets about trying to find another wizard that will take you.  However, you have other plans.  You decide to go against a thousand year old tradition of service and become a wizard in your own right!   Secretly funded by the wizard bound to your mother, you travel to Ignus Academy to begin your magical education.  What you’re doing is risky, though; there are a lot of wizards who would do anything for the power boost offered by a human-minded familiar, even if they have an ignoble shape.  Will you be able to keep your secret with all these other wizards around?

I’d prefer to play the mysterious headmistress who sets various challenges for the students as we go along, which would let me focus more on world building and making sure that things don’t stall out.  That said, I can do this RP with just someone to play the ostensible main character, but I’d like to have as many other people involved as possible so that they can sandbox around.  You could be another student, the guy who rejected our MC, a teacher, the school nurse, my secretary  ;), another wizard’s familiar, the guy who runs a flower shop down the street (and also happens to be the leader of the local were-rat community), a mermaid who shows up in the school’s indoor pool only on rainy days in November, etc, etc.  Basically anything that could fit into a magical college town setting.

I feel I should note that I’m okay with this eventually becoming an adult RP (If I get approved, of course).  This is part of the reason that I chose a college setting, rather than a high school.

So please let me know if you’re interested and what kind of character that you might like to play. Feel free to ask questions or offer general suggestions, as well.  All are welcome in Ignus Academy. :)

Miscellany

This sounds like a really fun idea !   I would gladly create a character to work into this world you are building.

You see there's no real ending , this is only the beginning. Come Out And Play.

KesTrell

Fantastic!  Let me know the particulars when you're ready.  Hopefully, we'll both have the option of private messaging soon as well as posting here. :)

flashfire

Hey, I would love to put in an application for IA. If you are accepting anymore students.

PS My legal signature has a lightning bolt in it. Not kidding. Might give an Idea as to what my Character would be like  :P.
True story

-FlashFire

Miscellany

Since we are rather limited ,  I'm  not sure how to get you my character work up ?

You see there's no real ending , this is only the beginning. Come Out And Play.

flashfire

Start with the basics and expand upon it after the approval comes through?
True story

-FlashFire

EloquentWizard

Is this idea still accepting players? If so, I am interested ☺️
The unseen storm

Available for RP

KesTrell

I am no longer monitoring this thread. If anyone who happens upon it is interested, please feel free to PM me.