DEvil May cry Movie confirmed for 2010

Started by Paladin, January 06, 2010, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane Gunlock

look I'm really don't want to be a flim snob ass about this but I wounldn't call any thing bay does as good sorry you can like him but please don't refer to him as good ...It's fine you like him but there are to sections for bad movies

Bad movies that are...well bad

and bad movies that are so but still awesome

Bay for me doesn't fall into the second

Kane Gunlock

look I'll let you inside my head for a second my standard for judging all movies is plup fiction (character and acting wise any way)
Transformers fails at both on a mammoth level

Paladin

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 07, 2010, 08:59:31 PM
I like the Escapist.. but.. occasionally he has been known to be wrong.. :D

Or at least.. hyper critical

Yes he is. Kane, you have a right to your opinion, thats all I will say, but lets not force it on others by beating them with it. Now lets get off Bay and Boll and back to what this thread is about Otherwise I'm locking it since I started it.

Kane Gunlock

noted I don't want to start a fight or any thing it's just Pearl Harbor was that bad  ;D

Paladin

Never seen it so I wouldn't know. I know.

Kane Gunlock

don't it's a holy mess pretty much where most of my hate towards Micheal bay comes from

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kane Gunlock on January 07, 2010, 09:33:19 PM
don't it's a holy mess pretty much where most of my hate towards Micheal bay comes from

I try to not judge by one movie.. and I have to give him a lot of leeway .. he did Mystery Men. :D

Kane Gunlock

really wow I love that movie...eh ok but he's still in no way a coppala or tarantino

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Kane Gunlock on January 07, 2010, 09:28:22 PM
noted I don't want to start a fight or any thing it's just Pearl Harbor was that bad  ;D

Pearl Harbor seemed to be a pretty good movie to me. I enjoyed it, my friends liked it. I don't think I known anyone that had issues with it.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kane Gunlock on January 07, 2010, 10:01:07 PM
really wow I love that movie...eh ok but he's still in no way a coppala or tarantino

I'm a sucker for tarantino.. I love heist movies.. the more the merrier

Gone in 60 seconds
Get Shorty
Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels
Ocean 11,12, and 13
Payback..

ect.

Kelly♥

As much as I love Ian Somerhalder, I don't think he'd make a good Dante. I'm not going to complain though... as long as there's a shirtless scene.   ^-^

BlisteredBlood

Quote from: Kelly♥ on January 08, 2010, 01:21:51 AM
As much as I love Ian Somerhalder, I don't think he'd make a good Dante. I'm not going to complain though... as long as there's a shirtless scene.   ^-^

I'm inclined to agree with you there. I would've figured that maybe either Keanu Reeves or Christian Bale would make for a better Dante. I mean come on, have you seen The Matrix or Equilibrium?
What BlisteredBlood Says Yes And No To: Ons and Offs
Got a question to ask? Ask me here!
Wanna RP with me? Check this out!
In case if I'm not here, refer to this.

Sabby

...yeah, dye Keanu's hair white. He did a good job playing an Alien that was unused to human emotions and rarely spoke... should make a good Dante xD

*hides behind the blast shields*

BlisteredBlood

Quote from: Sabby on January 08, 2010, 04:30:44 AM
...yeah, dye Keanu's hair white. He did a good job playing an Alien that was unused to human emotions and rarely spoke... should make a good Dante xD

*hides behind the blast shields*
Or if you remember from Equilibrium's final scene where Christian Bale's character was in that epic gunfight. Immediately, I began thinking of him with Rebellion at his back and Ebony and Ivory in both hands.

Paladin

Both of you actually have good ideas. I was thinking Tom Cruise though.

Mathim

I think what everyone is failing to take into account is that no matter how good a director is, a shitty script will absolutely sink a film. That's been the pattern I've seen. It's more the writers than the directors who affect the quality of a film. I mean, hasn't that been how it was for the Marvel Comics movies? If they sucked it's because of a bad script, nothing else. So if this movie bites it'll be more the fault of the writer than anyone else involved in the production.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

BlisteredBlood

Actually, one of the few Marvel movies that I thought were good was the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie as well as The Punisher. For one, the Punisher film was actually a take on the "Welcome Back, Frank" story arc, so at least that was the film's saving grace. On top of all that, it might have seemed rushed, but in the commentary, the director mentioned they had both a limited budget and a limited amount of time to get the shots, get them to the editing room and come out with the finished product in time.

Mathim

Well I thought both of those had good scripts but the Punisher just felt like it wasn't really related to the comics at all. They probably would have been able to call it something different and use 99% of the same script and still have a great movie. The Punisher War Zone movie DID suck because of the awful script, though. So as long as a script is good, they can throw the worst director into it and it'll still be good. I mean, look at Hulk directed by Ang Lee; everyone hated it, not because of the director doing a bad job, but because the script was terrible. The guy was a great director but he had a poor script to work with and no matter how hard he tried, it didn't work. So the DMC movie, if the script is good enough, will rock no matter who directs it. Usually though, movie scripts are starting to get worse. They use the same writers over and over and they just can't keep doing as good a job. They need to bring in new people to keep things fresh.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

BlisteredBlood

The thing with that is this: They covered issues 1-12, but they had to cut out certain scenes from the movie due to - well, since this was a PG-13 and because they could only make an hour and a half movie - certain restrictions that the director just had to compensate for. You're definitely right about the War Zone version of the franchise, though. That honestly didn't translate with the script it was given.

In the case of DMC, let's just hope they stick true to the games - depending on which one they go with. There's several of them out there - as well as how the characters interact with each other.

Samael

Ian should work well.
He has the smile that is necessary to portray Dante properly (at least since DMCIII), which shows a mix of smugness and humor. Hell, he looks pretty much like Dante right there. The music of that clip also reminds me that the only thing that was good about the anime was the damn intro :/ *Sighs* such a wasted thing...

On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"