News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Name that series! :D

Started by Izu, March 05, 2012, 07:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

Alright. I've been searching for years for this series. I used to watch it when I was a kid - about 8-9, so this is the mid 90s. All I remember is this:
3 kids - two boys and one girl. One of the boy is a trouble-maker - cute blond kid, the other boy is a good boy - dark hair, the girl... I think she was a redhead, but not so sure. It is set in the future. They live on a space station - it was either somewhere around Jupiter or Mars, can't really remember. And it was about their adventures and their lives on it. It must have had at least a couple of seasons because later they are older - teenagers, and the dark-haired boy has joined the crew on the station. I believe that it was either a US or a Canadian tv series. And I think one of them was named either Max or Matt or Mark... something with M... I think... >.>

If anyone remembers it, you'll get a candy! xDD

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Jag

It was a live show, right? Not puppets? If it's puppets, then it's probably Thunderbirds.

I thought maybe Cyberchase, but that is animated and it was aired past the year 2000.

*wanders off to think of more*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Izu

*is terrified of puppets*

Yes, live show. And I also think that the dark-haired boy's father was a captain or something like this on the space station... or it might have been the girl's father...

Jag

Maybe Space Cases. It aired on Nickelodeon, but was also played on NickUK and TVOntario in the late 90s.

Izu

Nope. I don't remember any aliens in it.

Jag

Izu

*nods* I've been searching for it for over 10 years now. ;] A few of my friends remember it too, but none of them seem to remember what was the name x'D

jouzinka

Are you positive, Izu, that the show was foreign? I mean... in early post-Soviet, it could very well be Soviet.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Izu

Bulgaria was never in the Soviet Union. We were communist, but not part of old Russia ;]

And, yes. 100% After the fall of the regime, there were hardly any Russian movies aired over here. It was the big boom of the western movies and series and music. Plus, even though I knew about 100-200 English words back in 2nd/3rd grade, I could still recognize English ;]

jouzinka

I know that Bulgaria wasn't part of USSR, but considering that some things were regularly aired here even 10 years after the fall of the Iron Curtain, I just thought it a possibility to consider. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Izu

*shakes head* Nope. After the fall over here was all about the US. xD Anything related to the USSR was frowned at - too many bad memories I suppose.

lollipop

I just went through a list of all the US Science Fiction shows aired in the last forty years and came up empty. The only thing that showed up where the main characters were kids was: Eerie, Indiana (and Joss' Buffy series).

:(

But now I'm freaking curious. lol

Unless it was on of the Zenon (or all three) movies. ~shrugs~

Jag

Quote from: lollipop on March 05, 2012, 09:06:18 AM

Unless it was on of the Zenon (or all three) movies. ~shrugs~

Honestly, that was one of the things I first thought of, but didn't list because it wasn't a TV show.

Izu

Definitely a TV series. As I told you there were at least 2 seasons, maybe even more. At the beginning of the show they were 12ish maybe, and then they were maybe 16ish - same kids though. And it was aired for a while - maybe a few months, almost every day, can't remember.

Izu

Mmm.. now I'm searching and it might have been from New Zealand or Australian. But it was definitely from an English speaking country.

Shiny

Escape from Jupiter.
Return to Jupiter.
Per chance, an Australian series?

There were only 13 episodes each, but they were filmed about 3 years apart, so that might explain the gap. It's a shot in the dark, but maybe a lucky one.  ;)

Edit:Now, that's spooky.
Nothing great, but for someone to share their thoughts.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Izu

Hmmm... I think it's both and I've mixed them up in one story ^u^ <33 OMG!! *jumps up and down*

lollipop

Yay ... I was curious as to what it was. ~happy dance~