News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The World of Ora (Closed)

Started by Dariusfallenstar, May 14, 2012, 09:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nom De Plume

He's not that old.  ;)

But thanks for the support, everyone! Now all we need is another female adventurer...
A&A

AribethAmkiir

No 35 isn't that old, but that picture makes him look ancient.  :P

Nom De Plume

It's the beard, I swear!

Although I do admit those bags are a lot deeper on that picture than on the character. Oh well; that's what I get for being unable to draw him myself.

...Yet.
A&A

arkhos

Hey!!! 35 is the new 20!!!!!!

:)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Nom De Plume

Huh. Turns out Hiroyuki Sanada was 50 when that picture was taken.

...Oops?
A&A

AribethAmkiir

Lol.  Can I say it, please?  Can I?   Told you so.

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Nom De Plume

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 09, 2012, 12:18:52 AM
Lol.  Can I say it, please?  Can I?   Told you so.

Yes. Yes you can.  :P

At least arkhos gets me. 50 IS the new 35!
A&A

Dariusfallenstar

Btw Nom:

Still open to one more, female only.

Nom De Plume

"That stamp is so big!"

huh huh that's what she said hyuk

But seriously, thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I really hope we get another applicant soon.
A&A

AribethAmkiir

Yeah, I kind of have stamp envy   :P

Dariusfallenstar

Aribeth, your character is also

Dariusfallenstar

Nom, go ahead and intro sir.

We'll leave this open for another woman who may or may not weave stories in with an existing character.

Nom De Plume

Wilco, Darius, I'll make one tonight (or at the very least, early in the morning. Way too fucking early in the morning.)

Too bad, though. I wanted to whisper, "Shh, we'we hunting blood elves" to a fellow adventurer.  ;)
A&A

Nom De Plume

Meant to get that post out earlier, but I lost the initial post due to hacks (and by hacks I mean I accidentally hit the "back" button on my mouse) at like, 2 in the morning, and I didn't have it in me to rewrite it again.

And then I overslept. :c
A&A

Dariusfallenstar

Still seeking a female character. I'd be particularly interested in a fighter/warrior type, but we're open minded :)

JinxedMinx

Quote from: Dariusfallenstar on July 21, 2012, 12:11:30 AM
Still seeking a female character. I'd be particularly interested in a fighter/warrior type, but we're open minded :)
I would be interested in joining, if you are willing to take on a new member.

PM me if you'd like to see a female warrior character submission.

Dariusfallenstar

I've responded and look forward to your character entry. Until it is approved, Ora is still seeking possible additional participants. Even if the game gets full, I'd be willing to entertain writers adding their characters in for cameos that potentially become something bigger, as I become more comfortable running a large game.

Niki315

I might also be interested in entering a character for this, even if it is only occasional play time.  My character would be a swordmage type, blending arcana and swordplay into a deadly style, but she would be primarily martial.  I've made similar characters in D&D games before (usually in 3.5) so it wouldn't be difficult for me to adapt to a more freeform system with it. 

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: Niki315 on July 23, 2012, 04:13:44 AM
I might also be interested in entering a character for this, even if it is only occasional play time.  My character would be a swordmage type, blending arcana and swordplay into a deadly style, but she would be primarily martial.  I've made similar characters in D&D games before (usually in 3.5) so it wouldn't be difficult for me to adapt to a more freeform system with it.

Nikki,

Thanks for your interest. Feel free to fill out a character sheet and PM it to me or post it here. In my mind, it's "approved first, added to the group first." Occasional cameos or short-term/reoccurring characters would be fine, too.  As a gentle reminder, please make sure you've taken a look at the current threads and the way I'm running the game to ensure that you're comfortable with the pace and style.

Regardless, we all look forward to hearing from you.

Dariusfallenstar

We've received no new character sheets for either potential applicant. Ora is still open and seeking another female player/character to round us out.

Dariusfallenstar

Nom De Plume hasn't posted in nearly three weeks, so we're going to write him out of the story. Openings still exist.

Niki315

Okay, I was originally kind of intimidated by the setting information, but I've come back re-read some of it and I think I can have a character done by tonight.  I figured someone would have taken the slot by now, but I'll step in if that's all right.

Dariusfallenstar

Looks like we've collected another female player, but one of the males has dropped out. So, now we're open to up to 1 additional player (male or female - with a preference for male or gender-fluid female). We've got some strong fighter types in the group; I'd be interested in adding a rogue/assassin, another healer, or someone whose abilities fall outside normal stereotypes. Please be sure to at least scan the threads to get an idea of the pace/style of game that I'm running.