To Hell and Back (Fantasy, Closed)

Started by ZanaLyrander, January 04, 2013, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezabelle

Just typed seven paragraphs and lost it all because Chrome has stupid shortcuts that exit out of all tabs in a session that I didn't know about and hit completely by accident (something around alt while going for space-bar).

If my next post is abrupt for what it does, at least you'll know my eXcuse

PrincelyPup

PrincelyPup

Wait.... I don't remember mention of a portal...or siege weapons...... Did I miss something?

Jezabelle

Shizuru deployed siege weapons on the ridge, then sent the dude off to make it so before the Lust Lord arrived. As for the portal, of you read the OP the plot is such that the Dmeon Lord has opened a portal to Terra large enough to move troops through. I PM'd Lana a bit about it earlier and he said the portal was big but not too big, so I assume traffic through it is carefully selected. Bottleneck means the demons need to decide what they really need for resuply and when.

PrincelyPup

But I thought we had used the portal already and taken over the orc city ..now we took it over and turned the land into the heart of sin...

Jezabelle

Quote from: Daemon0110 on January 07, 2013, 10:58:06 PM
But I thought we had used the portal already and taken over the orc city ..now we took it over and turned the land into the heart of sin...

Yes, but waging blitzkrieg on a war-centric society of big green people does not engender proliferation of siege equipment. Also, demons are still primarily in Hell itself, although they may not all ve your Lord's demons I took the liberty of assuming you're receiving most supplies still from hell; the Heart of Sin is perverted, but perversion does not arm soldiers or construct ballistae.

I'm not implying the catapults were near irreplaceable, I'm sure the wood and metal can be found easily to put more together, but they were still there. If my attack on them is considered too OP iCan scale it back, but a nearby demon could still stop me/limit damage done severely supposing they had the will and were capable in some capacity.

PrincelyPup

Whoa! I'm not arguing love. I'm just making a point of proving i'm stupid lol. I was just trying to get MY facts straight. I liked it...I got a strange recollection of some elder scrolls oblivion esque vision with a giant demonic siege weapon crawling out of an inferno portal.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Daemon0110 on January 07, 2013, 11:49:45 PM
Whoa! I'm not arguing love. I'm just making a point of proving i'm stupid lol. I was just trying to get MY facts straight. I liked it...I got a strange recollection of some elder scrolls oblivion esque vision with a giant demonic siege weapon crawling out of an inferno portal.

I know, but if we're not all in agreement of how things are going on it'll I my lead to confusion later. Maybe I've supposed something in error so I want to get it out here so I can be corrected now if need be rather than making problems later.

As for Oblivion gates, interesting concept; I wouldn't be opposed to something like that if they were temporary and operated on some set of rules that could be considered and countered (maybe the ley line esque magic deposits that make the Principalities mage-central?).

Silk

Quote from: Jezabelle on January 08, 2013, 12:06:31 AM
I know, but if we're not all in agreement of how things are going on it'll I my lead to confusion later. Maybe I've supposed something in error so I want to get it out here so I can be corrected now if need be rather than making problems later.

As for Oblivion gates, interesting concept; I wouldn't be opposed to something like that if they were temporary and operated on some set of rules that could be considered and countered (maybe the ley line esque magic deposits that make the Principalities mage-central?).

Why not have a Cabal of Warlocks that keep the portal stabilised, and without them it doesn't hold for very long?

ZanaLyrander

Let me clarify the portal for a minute. It is fairly large, but, as Aersilae indicated, not so large that they can afford to bring through huge weapons of war, at least not yet. Rumor has it that the Demon Lord is working to enlarge the portal, but no one knows how successful these efforts have been. And while Aersilae and Jurai have both seen the portal in action and know what it is capable of, neither of them have any idea how it works. They don't know what is powering it, how the demons are keeping it stable, etc. That is just something they will have to find out.
My RP Ideas
To all my friends, I apologize for taking so long these days, I have been busy with work and reconnecting with an old friend, I will hopefully pick up the pace again soon.

PrincelyPup

Tydorei

Jezabelle

Quote from: Tydorei on January 08, 2013, 02:55:36 PM
I am curious, can we have more than one character?

Yes, but per the OP you have to start with one and then introduce the others along the way if they're your NPC that sort of grows into a real character (iiRC).

PrincelyPup

I think we do prefer to have one on both sides. What kind of characters did you have in minds?

Tydorei

I actually have three in mind. lol

A female angel of retribution: Her fury not allowing her to stay in heaven while demons run wild.
A herm demon of deception: If of the demon type has to be associated with one of the seven, it can be a variant of envy or greed.
A male champion: Paladin like person.

Still. Mostly just ideas. None fleshed out and such, open to drastic changes of concept.

PrincelyPup

Well I love herms...Hehe. Check out the profiles. Ummm we are still looking for a consort..basically a demon queen. Then I you might be my mother and I love playing with herms.

Silk

I'm throwing around two character concepts at the moment which I might use, but not too sure.

PrincelyPup

I would make to but...i'm kinda simple I suppose and I don't think I'd be able to keep up.....i'm mostly just a sexual rper as you can probably tell and zana brought me in to be that lol.

Jezabelle

QuoteA female angel of retribution: Her fury not allowing her to stay in heaven while demons run wild.

If you were picking one to really have be your main, or at least the first, please this; the demons already have a Demon Lord and the General, but the Champs O'Terra are mostly just peeps. We could use something a bit more divine to add to the fiah powah, and maybe be our leaderish figure. I also suppose leaderish figures make more sense to have multiple chars?

Silk

yeah, at the moment the only Divine thing in our cause is my minor angel blood from a tranafusion xD

PrincelyPup

Ooh hey jez...I had a question about your post. What us the significance of the water leaking out and what you said about heading to the ocean?....is she going to like poof into the water? Or get washed away?

Silk

Pretty sure the plan was to divert the river to wash away the seige engines, also kind of metaphorical as she came as she got swept away. at least thats how i took it.

Jezabelle

The river's running somewhere; as we don't have solid geography I'll make the assumption it goes to the large ocean west of the Heart of Sin\Zenith where the Principalities are.

If you read my character sheet, I can move through any liquid magically//rather quickly if I can get a straightaway to build up speed in.

EDIT: No, the ridge is tall enough to get height advantage over the city's walls; I cut away the middle of the ridge to have it collapse, the ensuing landslide and plummet destroyed the siege engines over what I was cutting away at. However, the new-found mass of earth and siege engine\demons forced the river to wrap around it on the lower ground to resume its natural course.

Tydorei

I did plan on my angel being my main, hence she is mentioned first. As to her being a 'leader' figure... possibly. But maybe a poor one, i see her as a bit of a loose canon, hence she being in Terra in the first place.

As for the Demon Lords Consort, I'm not to sure what I want my demon character to be. We'll see.

No one mentioned my knight guy. lol. how sad.

PrincelyPup