PROC staying blue?

Started by Ephiral, March 07, 2013, 01:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephiral

On the main Forums page, each forum's background goes blue when there's a new post in it, and stays grey otherwise. Except PROC. It's always blue, and always throwing me off. Any clue why this might be?

Oreo

Is it possible that one of the sub boards has an unread thread? A sub board can keep the main board blue. I finnd that sometimes I have to open the sub board to get the main board to clear. Also, have you clicked the Show unread posts since last visit and then marked them all as read? I do this every once in a while to clear the entire site of posts.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ephiral

That... is exactly what it was. I'll be over here in the corner feeling like an idiot now.  :-[

Beguile's Mistress

An easy way to check for sub-boards with unread messages is to look at the sub-board headings shown beneath the forum heading.  Unread messages in sub-boards are indicated by a highlighted heading.  If you remember the sub-boards you've posted in you'll be able to tell at a glance if there is a new post there.

Ephiral

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 07, 2013, 11:08:34 AM
An easy way to check for sub-boards with unread messages is to look at the sub-board headings shown beneath the forum heading.  Unread messages in sub-boards are indicated by a highlighted heading.  If you remember the sub-boards you've posted in you'll be able to tell at a glance if there is a new post there.

I knew this, just failed to connect the dots, hence the embarrassment. I'm going to blame it being 03:30 when I made my opening post. Yeah, that's it. Totally nothing to do with a lapse in thinking at all. >.>

Beguile's Mistress

Heh.  I've been here going on four years and still have brain farts like that.

In any case the post may help someone else not as familiar with the workings of a forum.

Kythia

Quote from: Oreo on March 07, 2013, 03:23:08 AM
Is it possible that one of the sub boards has an unread thread? A sub board can keep the main board blue. I finnd that sometimes I have to open the sub board to get the main board to clear. Also, have you clicked the Show unread posts since last visit and then marked them all as read? I do this every once in a while to clear the entire site of posts.

There's a button under Extreme - "Mark all messages read".  I found it the other day.

Oniya

Quote from: Kythia on March 07, 2013, 12:02:36 PM
There's a button under Extreme - "Mark all messages read".  I found it the other day.

That will mark all messages on the forum read, so use with caution if you don't use bookmarks to track your RPs.  (Been there, did that, flailed around trying to find the story that had been waiting three weeks.)  Each individual section has one as well, which allows for finer tuning.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17