Dad Jokes

Started by LostInTheMist, July 07, 2021, 02:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTheMist

Put your stupid jokes, puns, and so on in here. If your Dad told you a joke, or if you found one around, share it here. Just for fun. I don't know if this is the right place, but we can always use a little simple humor these days. BYO drum sting.

Many years ago, my Dad told me "Everyone who came over on the Oregon Trail died."
I responded, "No they didn't!"
He said, "Find me one that's alive today."

In a similar vein, we've both noticed that the world's oldest living person keeps dying. Clearly someone or someones is/are killing them. Why is nobody concerned about this pattern!?

A man walks into a bar. He sits down and has the bartender pour him a drink. While the bartender is pouring he looks down and sees a frog sitting at the bar. He looks at the bartender and says, "There's a frog sitting down there. Isn't that strange?" She looks down the bar at it as she hands him his drink and after a a moment, she frowns slightly. "Now that you mention it, it is strange. Usually there's two of them."

That last joke was a creation of mine in a political humor class. Though we were still studying humor at that point; we hadn't moved into political humor yet. We had 100 seconds to come up with and write down either a "man walks into a bar" joke or a "knock-knock" joke. So if you see it around the internet, either I contributed it, or I've gained some measure of immortality. I don't think it's a very good joke, but I'm proud to have created it in under two minutes.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Chronic migraines are creating posting problems. Posting is slower than usual.

RainyHigh

What did the lonely square say to the group of rectangles?

"All I want is to be long".
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

LostInTheMist

An old classic: Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7 8 9.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Chronic migraines are creating posting problems. Posting is slower than usual.

Oniya

But do you know why 7 8 9?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Because you should eat 32 meals every day.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

LostInTheMist

That's why the lonely square up above wanted to be long.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Oniya

Defendant:  Is it a crime to throw sodium chloride in someone's eyes?
Judge: That's assault.
Defendant:  I know it's a salt, but is it a crime?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

Misread headline (by me) yesterday: Richard Branson Successfully Rocked To the Edge of Outer Space

Put in "He" instead of RB and it sounds like the name of some cheesy '80s glam rock anthem. ;) Branson, of course, built his fortune as the boss of Virgin Records.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

RainyHigh

Why should you never brush your teeth with your left hand?

Because a toothbrush works better.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Oniya

What do you call a blind antelope?

No eye deer.

What do you call a blind antelope with no legs?

Still no eye deer.

What do you call a gelded, legless, blind antelope?

Still no fucking eye deer

RainyHigh

I had a dog named '5 miles'.

That way I could tell people I walked 5 miles.

But today I ran over 5 miles.

Edit; I'm going to hell.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon?

Great food, no atmosphere.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Endorphin

What do you call a witch who lives at the beach?

A sand-witch!
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

RainyHigh

Why isn't holy water used in vaccines?

Because you can't take the lord's name in vein.

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Oniya

If you greet someone by saying 'Yellow' (Hello), what do you say when you leave?

Cyan-ara (Sayonara)

Madiso

Oniya, did you just make this up?

LostInTheMist

A brunette, a blonde, and a redhead are captured by North Korean military forces, and are going to be executed. (You can select any villain and any political figures you like, but it originated as a blonde joke.)

The brunette is marched out to the firing squad. She looks around, sees everything around her, grins widely, yells "Tornado!" and in the panic she escapes.

The redhead is marched out to the firing squad. She looks around, sees everything around her, grins widely, yells "Tsunami!" and in the panic, she escapes.

The blonde has seen the two before her escape, so she knows what she needs to do. She's marched out to the firing squad. She looks around, sees everything around her, grins widely, and yells "Fire!"

----

The other day, I went deer hunting with my Dad. Turns out a gun works better.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Oniya

Quote from: Madiso on August 11, 2021, 09:42:37 PM
Oniya, did you just make this up?

Well, right after your 'Yellow' in the SB.  ;D  I am an incorrigible punster, and that was very incorriging.

Madiso

Fine by me.  Just mind your memes.

;)

LostInTheMist

Puns are, according to my political humor class, the lowest form of humor. But they are also the easiest, and the one in which I indulge in most often, because you ALWAYS get a reaction. Even if the reaction is generally a threat to murder you if you ever do that again.

But sometimes a pun is perfect, and hilarious. Usually in situation where you can use "no pun intended". But yes. Yes. It was intended.

My thread titles, when I'm the one titling them usually include puns. Even in my serious roleplays, I consistently use punny titles for new issues. Not always though. It's a delicate balance. Most of my non-erotic RPs are Star Wars based.... So punny titles are fine most of the time, because there's a certain humor you expect in Star Wars, to offset the horror of destroying planets, slaughtering children, and listening to Gungans speak.

But when I'm going to destroy a planet (which I have not done yet), or slaughter children (which I have done twice) I never use a punny title. Because it's not appropriate....

Anyway... keep the puns coming. Dads love puns. My ex's Dad and I keep in contact, trading puns back and forth in a way that I am SURE is awkward for her. "I was talking to your Dad the other day...." She and I may be best friends now, and if I ever get married (I doubt I ever will) she'll be my "best man", but it's still weird to her that my OTHER best friend is her Dad.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Oniya

What has thirteen hearts but no other organs?
A deck of cards[/url]

Madiso

too hard...

other organs could be replaced with something a bit closer to the lexical bundle to help guess...

but thinner than a double-decker bus on which you can play with?

vysethethird

Note: A joke mainly for those whose toddlers are learning to talk.

Dad: DUCK!!

Mother (Who mistakes it for the 'F' word): WHAT DID I- *Is hit in the head with projectile*

Dad: I warned you.

despickable

There are three types of people in this world.
Those who can count and those who can't.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs