TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on September 26, 2017, 08:39:01 AM
That is an AWESOME feature, Ssieth!

SO much better than the regular buddy list! I love it! Thank you so much for the update!

Is it possible to make it sortable by various columns in the future?

Hi,

You're most welcome and it may well be possible to make it sortable although some of the columns are a little weird in how the data is presented so might be bit awkward to make sortable.   I'll add it to the planned feature list, though.
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (8th April 2024)
One-on-one ideas (8th April 2024)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Nymphadora

Quote from: Ssieth on September 26, 2017, 08:40:59 AM
Hi,

You're most welcome and it may well be possible to make it sortable although some of the columns are a little weird in how the data is presented so might be bit awkward to make sortable.   I'll add it to the planned feature list, though.

Very cool. :)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

v1.33.1 now has some very basic table sorting in.   I'll enhance and expand it as I go along :)

Nymphadora

AWESOME!
Thank you so much!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

v1.33.3 has a few under-the-hood things.  Feel free to ignore it.. nothing visible should change :)

persephone325

It's suddenly not working for me for some reason.

I got a notification saying it was updated, and now it's gone.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Ssieth

Quote from: persephone325 on September 26, 2017, 09:50:41 PM
It's suddenly not working for me for some reason.

I got a notification saying it was updated, and now it's gone.

Eek, sorry - my under-the-hood improvements broke some stuff.  Should now be fixed.  I also messed up my version numbering.  The broken version was 1.33.2 and the fixed version is 1.33.3 :)

Ssieth

And one more small fix - 1.33.4 :)

persephone325

I'm on my phone now, but I trust you that it's been fixed! Lol

I was just like "OMG. What am I gonna do now?!" XD This script has helped keep me organized. Lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Ssieth

Quote from: persephone325 on September 27, 2017, 03:32:43 AM
I'm on my phone now, but I trust you that it's been fixed! Lol

I was just like "OMG. What am I gonna do now?!" XD This script has helped keep me organized. Lol

I'm trusted.  *steeples fingers and cackles maniacally*

persephone325

Quote from: Ssieth on September 27, 2017, 07:43:36 AM
I'm trusted.  *steeples fingers and cackles maniacally*

:-( It's still not working. Hmm... I disabled/enabled both the script and the greasemonkey, and even restarted Firefox.
I don't know.

Ssieth

Can you tell me what version you have?

Oh - and if you open up the javascript console (SHIFT+CTRL+J) are there any error messages?

persephone325

Quote from: Ssieth on September 27, 2017, 02:37:47 PM
Can you tell me what version you have?

Oh - and if you open up the javascript console (SHIFT+CTRL+J) are there any error messages?

Of Gresemonkey? 3.14

The script, I think it should be up to date.

And there are several errors.
I don't know.

Ssieth

Quote from: persephone325 on September 27, 2017, 02:48:01 PM
Of Gresemonkey? 3.14

The script, I think it should be up to date.

And there are several errors.

In the javascript console, the script should report its version with a line like:

27/09/2017, 20:49:22: -none-: "Starting Elliquiy Improver v1.33.4"

if you can tell me that version number and the first error message after that line... hopefully I can work out what is failing for you.

persephone325

I hope this is right.

9/27/2017, 6:00:18 PM: -none-: "Starting Elliquiy Improver v1.33.2"  Elliquiy_Improver.user.js:204:4
TypeError: this.fields[name] is undefined[Learn More]  gm_config.js:349:5
channel.URI is undefined  WebRequest.jsm:834
I don't know.

Ssieth

Quote from: persephone325 on September 27, 2017, 05:02:21 PM
I hope this is right.

9/27/2017, 6:00:18 PM: -none-: "Starting Elliquiy Improver v1.33.2"  Elliquiy_Improver.user.js:204:4
TypeError: this.fields[name] is undefined[Learn More]  gm_config.js:349:5
channel.URI is undefined  WebRequest.jsm:834

Ah - I see the problem straight away - you are still two versions back... you can either force an update in the greasemonkey script settings:  "Manage User Scripts" from the greasemonkey dropdown menu and then right-click on the script and select "Force Find Update".

Or.. you can visit the site https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Ssieth/Elliquiy_Improver and reinstall from there which should give you the latest version :)

persephone325

Quote from: Ssieth on September 27, 2017, 05:24:52 PM
Ah - I see the problem straight away - you are still two versions back... you can either force an update in the greasemonkey script settings:  "Manage User Scripts" from the greasemonkey dropdown menu and then right-click on the script and select "Force Find Update".

Or.. you can visit the site https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Ssieth/Elliquiy_Improver and reinstall from there which should give you the latest version :)

OMG! Thank you! Such a simple solution for what seemed like an apocalyptic problem... XD

I wonder why that happened... I usually get the notifications that the improver has been updated, and figure it sorts itself out.
I don't know.

Ssieth

Quote from: persephone325 on September 27, 2017, 05:28:24 PM
OMG! Thank you! Such a simple solution for what seemed like an apocalyptic problem... XD

I wonder why that happened... I usually get the notifications that the improver has been updated, and figure it sorts itself out.

I'm not sure about what it is that causes it to stick.   Those two methods have always freed it up for me, when it has happened, though :)

persephone325

Quote from: Ssieth on September 27, 2017, 05:37:18 PM
I'm not sure about what it is that causes it to stick.   Those two methods have always freed it up for me, when it has happened, though :)

Well, thank you again. I don't know what I would have done if it stopped working permanently. lol Probably lost my mind! Haha!
I don't know.

Ssieth

And I just realized how many pages there are of this now so thought I'd repost the original instructions for anyone coming to this anew:

Hi there,

I'm one of those fussy people who never has the feature that they want on a site.  Fortunately, for me at least, I'm also a programmer.  So - I have a tendency to write scripts to tack on the features I desire and then, if I can kludge them into a not-too-buggy state, I make them available for anyone else who also desires the same features.

The scripts work using a firefox plugin called Grease Monkey (http://www.greasespot.net/) or a chrome plugin called Tamper Monkey (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo).

Then you just pop my script in there and it adds in the extra features. 

The script can be found at:  https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Ssieth/Elliquiy_Improver

Feel free to let me know if it's useful, useless, confusing, broken etc :)   If you want other features let me know too :)

So far those features are:

Hide Pictures
This hides avatars and images in posts.  Why?  I wanted the script to be able to hide them at work so I could use Elliquiy without fear of anyone glancing over and getting too interested in what I was doing.

Quick Topics
Bookmarks by another name... this is a drop-down menu that has links to specific topics.  You can set/remove topics with a new button on the topic button bar.

To be honest I created this before I was aware of the bookmarks feature but I like it better as I like my navigation to be all up there in that menu bar.

Snippets
The ability to store frequently used bits of bbcode/text to be pasted into posts/PMs.  I created this to make it easier to post with a standard character header.  The interface is still a bit clunky... to remove a Snippet you have to click "Add Snippet" and then type in the snippet name with no body text.

Drafts
Save and load drafts of posts and PMs

Speech Autostyling
Have speech between double quotes styled up automatically so that it stands out.

Bookmark tags
Organize bookmarks by tagging them.  Include automatic tags for games where you were not the last person to post.

Shoutbox Colour
Colour your entries in the shoutbox to make it easier to pick them out.

Tidy up UI
Tidy up the UI by removing header and footer items that you don't require and reorder the menus to make them a little tidier.

Auto-update PM and Replies count
Set a an automatic update for PM and reply counts that appear at the top of the page.

User Notes
Add notes to users that appear above their avatar so that you can, for instance, be reminded of that you have played with a given user before.

Snippets
Save blocks of text (including markup) that you want to reuse and then simply pick them from the drop-down menu above the editor to insert them into a post or PM.

User Lists
Create and maintain lists of users that you can use to send out PMs.  I use this for a list of people I am currently playing with to make it easier to contact them all when I know I'll be delayed in posting due to RL
You can also get a user search type of table for all of the users on a list, making it quick and easy to see who is online, who's not been around for a while etc...

Wordcounts
Are you the sort of person who likes to know how much they've typed?  Wordcounts show alongside posts and also below the edit box when making a post or PM.

Topic Filters
Mark, highlight or hide topics.  I use this feature primarily for marking topics in the RP requests forums that I have read and know just aren't for me.  It means I don't end up opening them again the next time I read through the forum.

AJAX buttons
A speed optimization that's currently still a work in progress.  When it's done, I hope it will speed up some of the site UI elements.  So far results are looking positive but there's still work to do :)

Ritsu

Minor Bug:

If you disable enough of the Bookmarks options, eventually the bookmarks OnHover list is empty but still tries to appear, resulting in a kinda tacky looking box under the bookmarks bar.

Potential solution:

Add checking to say if(list_of_menu_items.length == 0) hide the dropdown

Example:

Lady Lunarius

So first off thank you!!!! This is amazing.

Second: Everytime I try and quote something or even just go to send a message on the boards it says "Undefined" instead of the quote, or even when its a completely new message.

Third: I have a suggestion for future things...A way to organize PM's. (I'm sure Mentors would love being able to organize PM's like "Mentor Things" and "RP" and "GM DUTIES" and just move messages in general to where they need them so they can find them later. Sort of like the Bookmark Organization.

Fourth: Thank you thank you thank you
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

persephone325

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on September 30, 2017, 10:29:52 AM
Third: I have a suggestion for future things...A way to organize PM's. (I'm sure Mentors would love being able to organize PM's like "Mentor Things" and "RP" and "GM DUTIES" and just move messages in general to where they need them so they can find them later. Sort of like the Bookmark Organization.

Elliquiy has its own Label system that works super well for that already.
I don't know.

Ssieth

So first off thank you!!!! This is amazing.

You are most welcome :)

Second: Everytime I try and quote something or even just go to send a message on the boards it says "Undefined" instead of the quote, or even when its a completely new message.

Hmmm.. that's odd.  If I can ask a few, relatively quick, questions it may help me narrow it down.

1. Which web browser are you using?
2. Can you check the version of the script you are using? It should be in the Script Settings menu.
3. Do you have "Auto-load draft?" checked in the Draft settings?

As mentioned by persephone325, there's already a label system for PMs which is why I've never looked to do tags there.  If there's stuff missing from it that you need, I might be able to enhance it with the script, though.

Lady Lunarius

I'm using Chrome

It says 1.32.2

and Where do I find the "Auto-load draft?" setting...cause It's not showing up unless I'm being blond...

Also I figured out how to do the label system now! Sorry about that! I'm still exploring.

Though when I go to send PM's its putting in a message from way earlier today when I hit reply to completely unrelated messages. undefined
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's