Pathfinder: The Swamp (Extreme)

Started by Jaded, January 04, 2014, 04:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

ooh!  Do you still have room? 

This sounds like a lot of fun.

Not sure what to play...  Maybe wizard?  Or Monk?  Hm... 

Sweet innocent staff-magus? 

Does it seem like there's something it would help to have? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Miroque

About that pet trainer archtype: Using those animals is pretty drag, as without Bond feature, its standard action to make them do anything... so I dont see why not. Even they are pretty insane at level 2+ when you can have more that one.

And as the archtype is using Guile Pool (that normal rogue is not) taking that archtype, costs only Trapfinding and Trapsense... hmm...

To balance, I would not allow all of the comppanions to have ADD-on's form the comppanion table (so if you take 2 squirells, you need to split the bonus HDs aswell that are gained from the levels) Otherwise in level 3 you would have 3 3hd squirrels, where druid of 3th level would have 1 5hd dog, and rogue has that nifty sneak attack to be used with swarm of other flankers... outside of that, I like the pet trainer. (if it only would have 1 comppanion, it would be totally fine, semi-ranger type rogue)

Miroque

Narantuyaa is obidient and quiet girlchild. She clearly manifests outlandish features, hailing from lands far away. Her lush flaming red hair and stunning beauty cant be hidden, and it was child's play for her to aquire job at the tavern, as one of the serving wenches when she first came to the town. Innkeeper was so smiten by her looks, that she was offered an room and board, free of charge, if only she would stay at the inn, knowing she would bring patrons, just by her looks.

Character Sheet

Story hooks and future plans

Hookwise, Narantuyaa's background offers slave-hunters and angered owner, who got his estate burned by freak lighting when Narantuyaa's Djinn blood first manifested during her childhood, and when she fled. Of course, all kind of witchhunters and unsavory characters that might find perfect physical speciment of human female alluring.

Future plans and build, I have not thought of, but being an sorceror, blasty-beatstick pew-pew  is easy to come up with. Yet, being human, she actually can get multiple spells to her repertuare, giving other options aswell.

Storywise, if you could/want to incorporate something Djinn stuffs there, it would be great.

FragarachZ

Tess was born a beautiful baby girl into a house of nobles. However instead of being raised as a proper young lady to live the life of nobility along her two older brothers, she was given to the church of Sarenrae because of the birthmark she was born with: the symbol of Sarenrae on her chest. The priests of the church could immediately tell that the child was touched by the goddess and raised her like his own daughter in the order. Her family tried keeping in touch, but Tess doesn't feel connected to them as much as her foster father and religous upbringing.

Instead of returning to her relatives, as an adult Tess became a hospitaler: a wandering paladin who tend to those in need and smites cruelity in the world. She strongly feels that her sacred mission is to spread the light of her goddess, and while she is a proud woman, she tries to understand others rather than judge them. She is rather tolerant towards others, letting them excercise their freedom unless they are actively trying to hurt others, but takes personal insults rather seriously due to her belief of being the Dawnflower's favored. She is known to have a serene expression and a kind smile most of the time though, and is rather good with people.

Aasimar Paladin (Hospitaler)
Feat: Heavenly radiance
Traits:
Birthmark - Has the symbol of Seranrae between her breasts, apparently a tattoo but is actually a birthmark.
Flame of the Dawnflower - A critical hit with a scimitar deals 2 extra fire damage.
Blessed Touch (additional trait taken along with a drawback) - +1 point healed with lay on hands, channel energy and cure spells.
Drawback:
Pride - A personal insult imposes a -2 on diplomacy and sense motive against the creature who insulted her. Lasts until the creature apologizes.

If we advance in levels, I plan to build on her lay on hands class mechanic, and make her more of a healing and supporting combatant than the "crush all evildoers" pallies.

If people have trouble with having a paladin along, I can roll a rogue or ranger instead for skills and some party utility.
O&O

Callie Del Noire

If it didn't look full, I'd offer to jump in.. maybe with one of the new hybrid classes.

Background (In works)
Race: Tiefling Female Wizard (or Arcanist if allowed)
Feat: Skill Focus (Craft: Tattoo)
Traits: Pragmatic Activator (or Dangerously Curious), Rich Parents (if allowed) and ??
Flaws:Shadow-Scarred)

Miroque

"Aasimar paladin, Tiefeling Arcanist and human girl walked into an tavern... " She spoke on wihtout smiling "and all of htem had something special on them, the paladin was radiating light, Tiefeling had her speaking staff and human girl had ...."

Joke coming right up...

Blythe

I will need to withdraw my interest at this time. Much luck with your game, Jaded, and I hope everyone has fun.  :-)

RubySlippers

Its one HD of pets per level there good options.

RubySlippers

Tula Dunch - Under Construction

Race:  Human
Height:  5 ft. 4 in.
Weight:  127 lbs.
Class/Archetype:  Rogue/Pet Trainer
Level:  1
Armor Class:  Padded Armor  12
Hit Points:  9
Alignment:  Neutral
Patron Deity:  Calistria

Ability Scores
Strength  12  (+1)
Dexterity  12  (+1)
Constitution  12  (+1)
Intelligence  12  (+1)
Wisdom  12  (+1)
Charisma  18  (+4)
** Racial Adj. = Charisma +2

Feats
[human bonus feat]  Additional Traits
[1st level]  Skill Focus - Handle Animal

Traits
Drawback: Hedonistic
Effect(s) Whenever you spend a day without gaining reward or treasure (at least 10 or more gold pieces) or spending an hour on entertainment or pleasure, attempt a DC 20 Fortitude save at the end of that day. If you fail, you begin the next day fatigued. This fatigue lasts 4 hours, or until you receive a reward or sufficient entertainment or pleasure.

1. Alluring [Religion]
Benefit: You receive a +2 trait bonus on Diplomacy checks with those who find you attractive. You can use daze once per day as a spell-like ability, with a caster Level equal to your character level.
2. Cheap to Feed [Regional]
Benefit: You gain a +3 trait bonus on Bluff checks made in order to gain food, water, or shelter.
3. Child of the Streets [Social]
Benefits: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Sleight of Hand checks, and Sleight of Hand is always a class skill for you.
4. Fencer [Combat]
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on attack of opportunity attack rolls made with daggers, swords, and similar bladed weapons.
5.Magical Talent - Prestidigitation [Magic]
Benefit: Choose a 0-level spell. You may cast that spell once per day as a spell-like ability. This spell-like ability is cast at your highest caster level gained; if you have no caster level, it functions at CL 1st. The spell-like ability's save DC is Charisma-based.

Human Racial Traits
1. Ability Score Racial Traits: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
2. Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
3. Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
4. Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
5. Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
6. Silver Tongued: Human are often adept at subtle manipulation and putting even sworn foes at ease. Humans with this trait gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature's attitude, they can shift up to three steps up rather than just two. This racial trait replaces skilled.

Rogue (Archetype Pet Trainer) Class Abilities
Sneak Attack +1d6
Archetype
1. . A pet trainer adds Handle Animal and Ride to his list of class skills. This replaces Linguistics and Disguise as class skills.
2. A pet trainer gains 2 fewer skill points per level.
3. Grab: A pet trainer may use his Handle Animal skill to teach animals the ‘grab’ trick. Using this trick causes the animal to search a designated area, retrieving any gold, jewels and other valuables it finds. The animal may also be trained to retrieve scrolls and books, weapons and equipment, or food and drink, but each of these requires learning a separate trick. When performing this trick, the animal searches the designated area for 1d6 rounds, retrieving as many valuables as it can discover.
4. Animal Companion (Ex): At 1st level, a pet trainer gains an animal companion, similar to the druid class feature. The pet trainer treats his rogue levels as druid levels for this ability, and these levels stack with those of any other class that grants an animal companion.
The pet trainer may have more than one animal companion, but he must divide up his effective druid level between his companions to determine the abilities of each companion. For example, a pet trainer with an effective druid level of 4 can have one 4th-level companion, two 2nd-level companions, or one 1st-level and one 3rd-level companion. Each time a pet trainer’s effective druid level increases, he must decide how to allocate the increase among his animal companions (including the option of adding a new 1st-level companion). Once an effective druid level is allocated to a particular companion, it cannot be redistributed while that companion is in the rogue’s service (he must release a companion or wait until a companion dies to allocate its levels to another companion). The rogue’s animal companions do not gain the share spells ability, and if the rogue possesses levels in another class that grants the shared spells ability, this does not give the rogue the ability to cast a single spell so that it affects all of his animal companions.
A pet trainer’s animal companions adds Sleight of Hand to the list of skills they may be trained in, but they may only use this skill to lift small objects from a person. They may also select Improved Steal as a feat, even if they don’t meet the prerequisites. Using the Steal combat maneuver or the Sleight of Hand skill requires knowing the ‘grab’ trick.
This ability replaces guile pool. If not playing with the added guile pool class features (See Glory Rogue), this instead replaces trapfinding and trapsense.

Skills 8 Pts./Level ~favored class bonus~
Appraise (Int)  1 Rank + 1 Int = +7
Bluff (Cha)  1 Rank + 4 Cha + 2 Racial = +10
Diplomacy (Cha)  1 Rank + 4 Cha + 2 Racial = +10
Disable Device (Dex)  1 Rank + 1 Dex = +6
Handle Animal (Cha)  1 Rank + 4 Cha + 3 Feat = +11
Perception (Wis)  1 Rank + 1 Wis = +6
Slight-of-Hand (Dex)  1 Rank + 1 Dex + 1 Trait = +7
Stealth (Dex)  1 Rank + 1 Dex = +6

Languages Known
Common
Elven

Saves
Fortitude  (+1)
Reflex  (+3)
Will  (+1)

Combat Ability and Equipment
Initiative  (+1)
Base Attack Bonus  (+0)
Melee BAB  (+1)
Ranged BAB  (+1)
Armor
Padded [Supple Leather]
Armor Bonus  (+1)
Maximum Dex Bonus  (+8)
Armor Check Penalty  (0)
Arcane Sell Failure  (5%)
Speed  (30 ft)
Weight  (10 lbs)
Weapon
Dagger
Damage  (1d4+1)
Critical  (19-20/x2)
Range  (10 ft)
Weight  (1 lb.)
Type  (P or S)

Gold: 9, Silver 4, Copper 8

Equipment
Padded Armor [Supple Leather]  (10 GP)
Daggers x 2  (4 GP)
Thieves' Tools  (30 GP)
Pickpocket's Outfit  +2 bonus when hiding small objects on person  (free)
Skeleton Key on Neck Chain  (85 GP)
A skeleton key may be tried on any standard door lock that uses a key, even if you don't have the Disable Device skill. You use the key's Disable Device bonus of +10 rather than your own total; you cannot take 10 when using a skeleton key. The key only gets one roll for any particular lock. If the roll fails, the key is unable to open or close that lock.
Leather Satchel with Strap [half a backpack]  (1 GP)
Purse, Small x2  (1 GP)
Waterproof Pouch [x2 Cost] with 2 Bars of Scented Soap  [3 SP]
Hand Towel  [2 CP]

Notes
1. Local girl father is a half-orc Olric Scar-Eye a pimp and her mother is Thera a human fence, both are well regarded among the scum of the town and region. Her older brother sells drugs and her two younger sisters are prostitutes as twins popular with the locals. Fees are four time normal for Expert 1st Level prostitutes.
2. Trained under an elf Pet Trainer far more noble than she is Roland a half-elf and well she is more than happy using her skills to make money and not have to work to much.
3. Is openly homosexual and will hope into bed with any woman reasonably appealing, usually just to have a place to stay.

Ershin

Looks like I'm a little late to this - I'd been hoping to try out playing a catfolk ninja, but it looks like there's already a rogue application. And a good number of applicants besides.

Robyn Hood

Any room on this? I've had a custom race bard concept I've been trying to get off the ground for PF.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Robyn Hood on January 05, 2014, 06:40:26 PM
Any room on this? I've had a custom race bard concept I've been trying to get off the ground for PF.

Same question, minus the custom race bard bit. I can play pretty much anything, but only if there's at least a slim possibility of a spot being open. Though what I really want to play is an Aegis.

anne sophie

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2014, 06:44:50 PM
Same question, minus the custom race bard bit. I can play pretty much anything, but only if there's at least a slim possibility of a spot being open.

WEll Id also like to know if I could join in, I have never played PF but, I would to try, I opt for a F half-elf...either rogue or magic user or...cleric....for class...I'd adjust my character to what is needed to the goup.

Jaded

Miroque - Sorcerer
RubySlippers - Rogue
EroticFantasyAuthor - ?
FragarachZ - Paladin
Blythe - Withdrawn
Faeli - Ranger

Muse - Magus
Callie Del Noire - Wizard (Arcanist?)
Ershin - Ninja
Robyn Hood - Bard
TheGlyphstone - Aegis
anne sophie - ?

That would be more than I was intending (with a total of 11).  Hmm.  I suppose I could limit it at 12 and run it as two groups of six. 

Quote from: Muse on January 05, 2014, 03:51:40 AM
  ooh!  Do you still have room? 

This sounds like a lot of fun.

Not sure what to play...  Maybe wizard?  Or Monk?  Hm... 

Sweet innocent staff-magus? 

Does it seem like there's something it would help to have? 

See above. ;)  You can join if you like.  I'm not sure if there is anything that it would help to have.  A healer type maybe.

Quote from: Miroque on January 05, 2014, 04:27:40 AM
About that pet trainer archtype: Using those animals is pretty drag, as without Bond feature, its standard action to make them do anything... so I dont see why not. Even they are pretty insane at level 2+ when you can have more that one.

And as the archtype is using Guile Pool (that normal rogue is not) taking that archtype, costs only Trapfinding and Trapsense... hmm...

To balance, I would not allow all of the comppanions to have ADD-on's form the comppanion table (so if you take 2 squirells, you need to split the bonus HDs aswell that are gained from the levels) Otherwise in level 3 you would have 3 3hd squirrels, where druid of 3th level would have 1 5hd dog, and rogue has that nifty sneak attack to be used with swarm of other flankers... outside of that, I like the pet trainer. (if it only would have 1 comppanion, it would be totally fine, semi-ranger type rogue)

Those sound like reasonable restrictions.  Thanks. :-)

Your character looks good, I'll glance at the sheet more later.

Quote from: FragarachZ on January 05, 2014, 08:15:20 AM
If people have trouble with having a paladin along, I can roll a rogue or ranger instead for skills and some party utility.

The background looks good to me.  :-)

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 05, 2014, 08:37:59 AM
If it didn't look full, I'd offer to jump in.. maybe with one of the new hybrid classes.

Background (In works)
Race: Tiefling Female Wizard (or Arcanist if allowed)
Feat: Skill Focus (Craft: Tattoo)
Traits: Pragmatic Activator (or Dangerously Curious), Rich Parents (if allowed) and ??
Flaws:Shadow-Scarred)

You can join if you'd like.  Where is the Arcanist from?

Quote from: Blythe on January 05, 2014, 09:24:54 AM
I will need to withdraw my interest at this time. Much luck with your game, Jaded, and I hope everyone has fun.  :-)

Okay, sorry to see you go.  Thanks for letting me know.

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 05, 2014, 09:31:37 AM
Its one HD of pets per level there good options.

Looks good from a quick glance, I'll inspect the sheet more when I have a chance. 

Quote from: Ershin on January 05, 2014, 01:38:59 PM
Looks like I'm a little late to this - I'd been hoping to try out playing a catfolk ninja, but it looks like there's already a rogue application. And a good number of applicants besides.

If I split it into two groups a second rogue type would probably be fine.

Quote from: Robyn Hood on January 05, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

I probably won't allow a custom race, but you can join if you like.  What did you have in mind for the race?

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2014, 06:44:50 PM
Same question, minus the custom race bard bit. I can play pretty much anything, but only if there's at least a slim possibility of a spot being open. Though what I really want to play is an Aegis.

Aegis?

Quote from: anne sophie on January 05, 2014, 07:55:05 PM
WEll Id also like to know if I could join in, I have never played PF but, I would to try, I opt for a F half-elf...either rogue or magic user or...cleric....for class...I'd adjust my character to what is needed to the goup.

A cleric wouldn't hurt. 

TheGlyphstone

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis
Er....wait. Aegis is technically 3rdparty material. Too bad, I'd have liked to try an Abberant Aegis as a not-crazy-broken version of the Synthesist.

And if you weren't planning two groups, you probably shouldn't. That's what hurt you the last time you were going to run a PF game (something about a mysterious island, if I remember right).

RubySlippers

Well remember the Pet Trainer also gets fewer skill points a decent hit.

And I can't do all the things with the pets as a Druid can in the game and they are focused to frankly, stealing. Maybe guarding. I plan to have most of her pets be 1HD ones.

And it is effective druid level if I have her at 5th level with 5x 1 HD pets they are as if she was Level 1 Druid animal buddies, if one is third level it would be a 3rd level druid animal buddy. The powers based on the HD. Of course I could have one super squirrel or something. But more thieves means more goodies from them looting for her.

And we need a rogue that can handle traps don't look at me to do it.  ;D

Callie Del Noire

Well if there are so many, I'll back out. 

The Arcanist is from the new Advaced Class playtest document you can get free @ paizo.

Jaded

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2014, 10:43:33 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis
Er....wait. Aegis is technically 3rdparty material. Too bad, I'd have liked to try an Abberant Aegis as a not-crazy-broken version of the Synthesist.

And if you weren't planning two groups, you probably shouldn't. That's what hurt you the last time you were going to run a PF game (something about a mysterious island, if I remember right).

Yeah, sorry.  I'd prefer to stick to PRD classes.

A mysterious island?  I don't think I've ever run a Pathfinder game online before.  You were in my Shadowrun game, but that failed due to me having a RL meltdown. 

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 05, 2014, 10:46:05 PM
Well remember the Pet Trainer also gets fewer skill points a decent hit.

And I can't do all the things with the pets as a Druid can in the game and they are focused to frankly, stealing. Maybe guarding. I plan to have most of her pets be 1HD ones.

I still think it is reasonable, if you are having multiple pets, to limit the bonus they get from your level.  Maybe use their HD as the druid's level in terms of bonuses. 

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 05, 2014, 10:51:17 PM
Well if there are so many, I'll back out. 

The Arcanist is from the new Advaced Class playtest document you can get free @ paizo.

Ah, okay.  Thanks for your interest. 

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Jaded on January 05, 2014, 10:56:41 PM
Yeah, sorry.  I'd prefer to stick to PRD classes.

A mysterious island?  I don't think I've ever run a Pathfinder game online before.  You were in my Shadowrun game, but that failed due to me having a RL meltdown. 

I still think it is reasonable, if you are having multiple pets, to limit the bonus they get from your level.  Maybe use their HD as the druid's level in terms of bonuses. 

Ah, okay.  Thanks for your interest.

I must be confusing you with someone else then....Ixy, maybe? There's not that many of us that run PF/D&D games on here.

if Psi-classes are out, human Alchemist would probably be my 2nd pick.

You can handle traps with your pets. You just need to go catch new ones afterwards. ;D

Callie Del Noire

Yeah I don't to crowd you if you're starting off.

Jaded

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2014, 10:58:44 PM
if Psi-classes are out, human Alchemist would probably be my 2nd pick.

Alchemist is fine.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 05, 2014, 11:01:27 PM
Yeah I don't to crowd you if you're starting off.

I don't mind running two groups of six.  I've run large games before elsewhere.  It can be a fair bit of work, but is doable.  So if you want to join you are more than welcome to. :-) 

TheGlyphstone

Alchie it is then...probably Grenadier. It's a pity we're too low level for prestige classes, because a Master Chymist would be great for this kind of game.

On the other hand, I just noticed that you only want female characters. Is that a hard-and-fast rule?

Jaded

It is a preference but not a requirement.  So a male is fine. 

Faeli

Sorry for the delay, I should put together my character tomorrow!

In the meantime, here is who I plan on playing :)