"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 01:55:43 AM
ok now thats settled :) Just have to wait for clock.

Kuje is my new concept better now and reasonable now?

It looks good. :)

Aikochan

good I am glad though I have to go to bed. Unless clockwork is still around?

ClockworkShadow

Perfect, Kuje :) 

@Aiko  Progress happens in tiny steps.

QuoteAre you telling me that automations body breaks down to cells or are they more robots?

Automaton
au·tom·a·ton   
[aw-tom-uh-ton, -tn]  Show IPA
–noun, plural -tons, -ta  
[-tuh]  Show IPA
a mechanical figure or contrivance constructed to act as if by its own motive power; robot.
a person or animal that acts in a monotonous, routine manner, without active intelligence.
something capable of acting automatically or without an external motive force.

So we have everything from zombies to robots that fall under this category.

No, we aren't going to make zombies, so don't even think about it, Laz.  >.>;

All I am asking for the automation (MY NEW Automation Shell) Looks human like (Cute and pretty) With hair and could feel clothing that she wears. I want her not to age and not die due to growing old. Thats all I am really going for here. Its not complicated. I am really not asking alot I think anyway.

If you want to look human, you had to have been human for x amount of years prior to being experimented on.  You said you wanted your character to be dying, so then take it to the next step.  Play her as human up to her death (work something out with Laz, cause he's perfect for this)... and yes, I'm going to require this to play out in realtime, not as a prequel.  If you are replacing the brain to create an automaton within a human's body, then you have to plan out to finite detail exactly what else needs to be replaced and what of her human body can still function by an alternative source of oxygen/nutrition/etc.  Since you no longer would have a digestion system, or the need to eat/drink/etc., where are you getting those nutrients to support what of your human body remains?  Laz has an idea for artificial blood that has a lot of potential (but needs some minor clarifications).  Be specific and clear.  Also, what artificial parts are being operated in steam and/or clockwork terms, and how does this cooperate with your human shell?  You can't just say it plugs in and you go, not here.  That's too much of a focus on the cyberpunk.  Also, determining any characteristics by justification of a programming "chip" or otherwise is absolutely not allowed.  Again, too much of a focus on the cyberpunk.

And, just to be clear, if you change any part of your exterior, in part or whole, you will cease to appear human.  More or less, it was too big of a challenge for the automatons to overcome, and they eventually decided that it was unnecessary to assimilate with humanity in this regard.  They are a separate "species" and they have not deemed it logically necessary to change this perception.

If you choose to appear human, then you are choosing to (artificially) support actual human tissue in some regard... probably at least skin and muscle.  That means that you will still have to deal with breakdown due to age and exposure to sources of oxygen.  As mentioned before, the same thing that nourishes us also kills us over time.  That will be an issue that you have to bear in mind at all times if you wish to establish this merge between human and automaton.

There are no android shells.  There are no perfect merges of human and automaton.  There are no automatons that appear human and have artificial tissue.  Period.

I'm not mad.  I just have to be firm about certain things.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

ClockworkShadow

Another clarification:

I may have mentioned see-through parts (maybe when I was discussing what I thought the exo-skeleton was), but I haven't figure out what that material would be, on Axiom.  Axiom, while earth-like, will not have the concept of crude oil applicable, which also cancels out plastic, latex, etc.

I want the automatons to be constructed, for the most part, out of a metal that can be harvested by mining.  The inclusion of scientifically-produced alloys is acceptable, but I would require that they be based on metallic sources.

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

I take part of that back.  If Axiom has something akin to rubber trees, we could make latex work.  Plastic, on the other hand, is directly related to crude oil (to my best knowledge).

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Wait now I am confused again....

I don't want to be a cyborg. I don't want to be human, I want the girl to be trasnfered into an automation period.

Your last post said I could do that... Now I am confused again.. Please just tell me if I can be a girl transfered into a young girl sized automation body. I am really confused again please.... Can I do this idea? You asked me if I would settle for their limitations as the automations and I said yes... So whats going on with this now?

Someone please help me... here... Kuje, Laz, someone please explain to her what I am trying to say... Cause I don't think me and her talking are getting anywhere... please.

Kuje

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 24, 2011, 02:27:38 AM
I take part of that back.  If Axiom has something akin to rubber trees, we could make latex work.  Plastic, on the other hand, is directly related to crude oil (to my best knowledge).

Indeed, they use oil to make plastic, so that couldn't work. :)

Aikochan

I don't care what my skin is made out of lol It would  make me feel more doll like  if its latex, plastic or whatever thats fine! I could be a cute dollie :)

Someone work out an idea that I can play out the human girl to the point that she was about to die which won't be too long she only has a little of time left so I will rp out her death. so :) Np!

So I am too tired to think...

You guys figure something out for me. Please. I just want to transfer to a cute pretty doll/automation.

ClockworkShadow

@Xun
QuotePhysical: Markus stands two inches.

O.o

@Aiko

It is possible to make a human into an automaton, by the established rules.  Because I am having difficulties imagining how energy manipulation could be applied to the soul (the essence of personality housed in one's brain), I do not see how it is possible to imbue an automaton with a human psyche.  Automatons are, quite specifically, lacking of that aspect of humanization.  If an automaton could be given a human psyche, that would give them the ability to manipulate energies their selves, and it would negate the need for humans.

I've stated, a few times now, that an automaton is unable to appear human.  It can have metallic plates shaped to approximate a humanoid form.  But it will never be mistaken as a human on its exterior.  Humans have organic tissue, which is pliable and stretchy.  They have bones, which move together with natural lubrication (I forget what it's called) and tendons (which are another thing that automatons have been unable to replicate).  A human-like range of motion merely provides the ability to walk and move smoothly, run, and so on.  This is justifiable through ball-joints and other metallic parts.

I would have to research how they make latex from the sap of the rubber tree to see if I justify its inclusion in this story setting.  It would have to be something discovered after the RP is set into motion, so it doesn't exist now.

Automatons, as they are, do not have skin.  They have metal plating; sometimes thin, sometimes thick.

A/A

o_O

johnny5

What if your character had an automaton "doll" that she loved, maybe with a porcelin doll kinda look, on her death the "doll" just couldn't accept it, taking on her personality and mannerisms as best she could.  Does something like that sound like it could work?

ClockworkShadow

Clarification, because I'm trying to spread my attention between catching up and keeping up with this:

It is possible to make a human into an automaton, by the established rules.  It is possible to keep certain human characteristics, if the character was human to begin with...

I am also debating having the idea included that the monks on the other continent are capable of manipulating souls, to exemplify their additional skill and expertise with the concept.  However, since they are secluded from the rest of the goings on of the world (barring the necessity of trade), there's going to have to be some serious story buildup to the eventual possibility of manipulating a soul into an automaton form.  And then, of course, there is the fact that automatons do not appear human.

@Johnny  That has potential, but I'm not sure how the doll would mirror the illogical aspects.

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

And I still feel a bit at odds about the concept of manipulating a human psyche into an automaton form... because that really would negate the need for humans (to the automatons).  However, that'd spice up the conflict for later, too.

Input on pros and cons, here?

A/A

o_O

johnny5

see thats where the coolnes comes in, now granted i'm not sure if this is what Aiko wants, but the idea would be it would be an automoton with an automotons psyche psychotically attempting to mimic the human's behaviors and mannerisms. Again I'm just spitballing here and it's not my character but I think it'd be really interesting to play an automoton attempting to be illogical like the humans.

ClockworkShadow

That's the point though.... psychotic imbalance, the attempt to mirror a human's illogical/chaotic range of emotions and reactions... is all very illogical.

If the doll was created by someone very imbalanced, their self... but that's really stretching it, imo.

A/A

o_O

Laz

Lost Power, I'll try to back read some of the things for now, but yes, Clockwork, I'll explain everything at the Finalization of the character Bio, it is still technically a draft but a main one. so I hope you dont mind it will get surprisingly long once the final draft is done.

about the exoskeleton, yes it is external but mostly part of it is tucked away and hidden under his skin, mostly on the limbs. Now, I'm right here if anyone needs me, I'll just be reading through things that I missed.

ClockworkShadow

I got stuck with a lot of multi-replies, with the business with Aiko flooding my immediate focus, so hopefully you catch the posts I made to you, Laz.

A/A

o_O

Laz

Already did, but still catching up on Aiko's Concept and debate.

ClockworkShadow

That one goes back to page 5, though I think you were able to catch most of the early part of it already.

A/A

o_O

Laz

I might have to copy and paste every character's Biography, and put it in a note pad for future references and notes about them. so I wont have to go here should I need to review anything.

I was able to finish this art, it was made in haste but hopefully it can quite give you the idea what my character looks like.

ClockworkShadow

What is the concept behind his mask, again, and how does it stay on his face?

Other than that, marvelous.

Also, think you'd be willing to do something for Winged's character (you'd need to collab with him on further details, but he posted something earlier on a draft concept)

A/A

o_O

Laz

About the Mask: its purpose is to filter out oxygen, for our blood needs oxygen for cells to work. but because of him replacing his blood with a substance to fuel his internal metal works, oxygen is now relatively harmful to internal systems. He is running solely on steam and nitrogen.

QuoteI'm not going to ask you to explain or justify how you replaced your blood flow, but would you say that it has slowed or stopped your aging?  Also, what sort of nutrients is this artificial blood providing to your remaining human cells?  Are your cells receiving enough oxygen?  How does the artificial blood acquire more nutrients?  Did you artificially replace your lungs?  Do your artificial bones have an artificial marrow that replicates the artificial blood cells?

You asked this of me, so basically I just answered most of it through the above concept. He has no more organs to call human, mostly anyways. Lungs replaced with a complicated set of distribution units that would eventually harness nitrogen, through the mask's filter, and spreads it across his complex internal machinery. Stomach, Liver, Kidneys, Intestines are replaced with complex Gyro counters and Clock mechanics to balance out the weight distribution due to the extreme heaviness of the exoskeleton. His Exoskeletal foundation are only visible through the Chest and Pelvis, the metalic bones on the arms and legs are mostly thinned out to maintain dexterity and smooth motions able to move swiftly like a human. The only organs that was retained were the Brain, his skull is still the brittle bones of a human, tongue, ears. (he did not risk experimenting on his head because it might risk damaging his valuable brain). although his teeth were replaced with metallic replicas for the sudden change in his own biological chemistry made them fall out one by one.

anymore questions regarding my character, pls ask.

and about the other's character concepts, I'm having a hard time finding each one of them, but I'll eventually root them out. as for Winged's Character I'll gladly discuss it with him should he agree with it.

ClockworkShadow

I'd love for Winged to have artwork tailored to his character, for sure.  He has a marvelous idea, that I'd love to support.

Ok.  So your artificial parts work on nitrogen and steam, but you still have biological skin and muscle.  You have a human head, for the most part, and a human brain.  Since your artificial blood does not carry oxygen, which is damaging to your artificial parts, how are you supporting the rest of you that remains organic?  You've got the oxygen issue to cover and the nutrients that would normally be covered by digesting nutrients.  Do you still consume and digest?  If so, how does this impact your artificial blood stream and your parts.  If you have decided to expel the idea of consumption and digestion, then again... how are you supporting your organic tissue/brain/etc.?

Also, what happened to your tendons?  How has this affected the smoothness of your movement?

And how does that mask stay on your face?  I don't see any strings that run around the back of your head ;) <3

A/A

o_O

Laz

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 24, 2011, 05:02:15 AM
I'd love for Winged to have artwork tailored to his character, for sure.  He has a marvelous idea, that I'd love to support.

Ok.  So your artificial parts work on nitrogen and steam, but you still have biological skin and muscle.  You have a human head, for the most part, and a human brain.  Since your artificial blood does not carry oxygen, which is damaging to your artificial parts, how are you supporting the rest of you that remains organic?  You've got the oxygen issue to cover and the nutrients that would normally be covered by digesting nutrients.  Do you still consume and digest?  If so, how does this impact your artificial blood stream and your parts.  If you have decided to expel the idea of consumption and digestion, then again... how are you supporting your organic tissue/brain/etc.?

Also, what happened to your tendons?  How has this affected the smoothness of your movement?

And how does that mask stay on your face?  I don't see any strings that run around the back of your head ;) <3

Have you not seen Predator? :D lets just say there are six funnels interconnecting the mask and the sides of his nose that why they aren't visible, pressurised steam keeps it in place.

He does not Sleep or Eat anymore, forgot to put that on the previous post.

and about that explanation I'll discuss with you privately.

ClockworkShadow

I've seen Predator, a long time ago, but it wasn't one of my favorite movies. :)

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

I have no idea quite how to solve the character issues with Aiko, but it can probably be done. Markus would certainly have been willing to fund the research involved, if only out of sheer curiosity (something that the robots need from humans). *shrug*
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks