Days Long Passed (Teaser )

Started by Drake Valentine, November 17, 2015, 12:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

A Drake Valentine

Before I begin describing the context of the game, I am going to start off with the rules. These are something I see more important; and keep in mind you are to also abide to the Site’s Rules as well. Failure to comply to rules of the site within my game will result in reporting; failure to comply to my rules will result in a removal from my game. Though I am usually an easy going guy, I will not tolerate any nonsense or BS in my game; if you may feel this is too much or any the rules are, do not join.

RULES
I. LGBT Friendly.
II. No OOC Drama.
III. Two-Three paragraph minimum posting.
IV. Third Person Narrative.
V. Respect Other Player's O/Os and Preferences
VI. Non-Con and Extremities must be agreed upon by whatever party they are targeting.
VII. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming; without the consensus of who it affects.
VIII. No killing off other players' characters,  unless you have permission from the player of such.
IX. Inform me and others for extended inactivity period. After a month of no announcing of going away, you will be ejected from the game.
X. Problems are to be brought to me or fellow GMs through PM.
XI. Additional Rules and Edits may be added, depending on concerns. An update to such will always be included prior of doing so.
XII. My Word is Law. 

Failure to comply to any of these rules will result in warnings and a removal from the game. Bold roman numerals are immediate bans from my game if not respected. Three warnings and you are kicked out otherwise to everything else. You may or may not be allowed to rejoin depending on severity of offenses that resulted in kicking; if you are allowed to rejoin, if there is a second kicking, don't bother reapplying for a third time.

Introductory

The year is 2598, most of the world as we know today now lays in waste. Technology from the old world still exists amongst us, rusted vehicles, forgotten appliances, and falling buildings that once boomed with long forgotten science of a prior civilized community. Pictures before the war that changed all wars still exist. One may even be lucky to find documents, books, and other written information of many predecessors before us, attesting to how life was or may have been before the ‘great explosions’ that ripped apart civilization and left what we see now today.

Now we live in a world where only the strong can hope for survival. Dangers surround us at every turn. Gangs fight in the cities for territory. Religious zealots capture and make sacrificial burnings of those that do not follow their growing faith. Cannibals and psychos make their havens along the outskirts of the city. Slavers make their living in providing merchandise to the various riffraff. The good folk? Why, very few of them really exist in this screwed up world we call home. A honest living is hard to come by, everyone expects something in return and equivalent exchange is nonexistent. 

Some dream of a better paradise, a sanctuary away from all of this madness. There have been rumors of such a place within this city; but even with the notation of its existence, it is only a matter of time that it too may fall.  In the end, home and nirvana are now what we make them out to be. Perhaps it is only best to believe there is no hope for this world and give into our base, primal desires like everyone else. Who knows how many more predecessors after us will it take to make an impact for change.

Once more, the cold truth is. Only the strong survive within these days long passed.

General Questions & Answers to Teaser Project

What is Rating to this Game
Extreme. My rules should of answered that one and all content involving extremities are to have warning labels in posts.
What Inspired the Concept?
Mainly some things of Mad Max and Fist of Northstar. More so in elements of world devastation than others.
What the Game is?
A freeform, ‘realistic,’ survival game set in a apocalyptic world.
What this Game isn’t?
Another zombie survival game, fantasy angel x demon game, or some other clone that involves anything other than base human. No superpowers, no mutant abilities, no radioactive monsters. You are a basic John/Jane Doe.
What is the Focus of the Game?
How the players have their characters coping and staying alive in this world full of dangers.
What is the Technology Level?
Nearly nonexistent. By that, I mean there are remnants of old technology, but see them as what we have in our modern day and nothing overly the top futuristic. Ah yes and I doubt you will find any vehicles in working condition, come on, I am not going to make it that easy on anyone.
What of Weapons?
I am heavily limiting and prohibiting firearms. They should be rare to nigh nonexistent just as ammo to them. Most individuals would likely be making do with other things they find. I am also warily on swords and the like; most larger blades will likely be in rusted condition.
What of Clothing?
Wear what you want, I am sure there are some remains and tatters of old clothing or you can rock that badlands look with pieces of spike leather strap to your body. I hear it is a common fad of raiders and gangers. ;)
How Will Players be Managed?
Don’t know, haven’t thought that far ahead. This is a teaser, after all. *Lazy Drake is lazy.* I’m sure some center focus would need to be made regardless, given interest and participants which will either boil down to party of survivors, gangers, or something of that ilk.

Teaser Project....

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Winterborn

Post-apocalyptic? No zombies or mad science? Color me interested.

What I'm most curious about is how you intend to explain the absence of edged weapons. I get why you would want to limit or weaken them, but given that the world is replete with rust resistant alloys and such like, it seems a bit strange. I suppose it also depends on how long humanity has been knocked back to the Iron Age; if we assume that it's been a couple hundred years and nearly all the viable metal has been scavenged already in the return to a muscle-powered society, it could make sense.

That's probably a bit much for this interest check, but it's a potential plot-hole that grabbed my attention.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Winterborn on November 17, 2015, 05:16:01 AM
Post-apocalyptic? No zombies or mad science? Color me interested.

Thanks for interest. ^^

What I'm most curious about is how you intend to explain the absence of edged weapons. I get why you would want to limit or weaken them, but given that the world is replete with rust resistant alloys and such like, it seems a bit strange. I suppose it also depends on how long humanity has been knocked back to the Iron Age; if we assume that it's been a couple hundred years and nearly all the viable metal has been scavenged already in the return to a muscle-powered society, it could make sense.

That's probably a bit much for this interest check, but it's a potential plot-hole that grabbed my attention.

Most larger edge weapons and I am sure most(or prefer it that way) would be dulled if not rusted.

I was not fully envisioning them in being in what may be an Iron Age. Even the Iron Age took millenniums for individuals to reach that technology level in building and crafting; but here in this game, I foreseen a stronger backlash to humanity.

From my foresight and perspective(personal thoughts on the matter as a whole in as much of a realistic view of such an event ever happening) I doubt most people would have the active tools at their disposal to make such as a quick recovery or even their descendants through the short later centuries. We are talking about a near, total, anarchy filled world that's cities are crumbling with destruction, where humanity has been put to the test of savagery. How far will education continue to truly be passed from person to person? I can imagine basic crop growing, maybe even makeshift weapons of old(wooden bows, crude spears,) but the recycling of metal? For one there needs to be a strong means of procuring of such, not from just the large supply, but also a way to break it down and mold it; that is, assuming rust hasn't taken its toil through the hundreds of years of various structures and objects not being well maintained after all the 'Great Bombings.'  Secondly, it requires knowledge in how to do such and blacksmiths are mostly a thing of the past. I am sure there are some in our today world, but honestly the means of hard smithing isn't that big of a common occurrence. There are those that do iron working in our today world, but that is mainly for decoration or gates and fences or a mixture of the two.

These views are also represented from my opinion in one of greatest quotes of all time.

Quote from: Albert EinsteinI know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Alias

This looks fun. Color me interested!

tormentedmale

I'd be interested in playing in this as a slave.

Drake Valentine

Sorry for slight lateness, been busy.

Quote from: Alias on November 18, 2015, 10:00:11 AM
This looks fun. Color me interested!

Thanks for interest. ^^

Quote from: tormentedmale on November 18, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
I'd be interested in playing in this as a slave.

Hmm, well this would also probably depend on primary amount of interest the concept can conjure. Given the end count of heads to see whether or not this may also pick up would merit what direction I will take it. Obviously larger player count would allow more freedom and possibilities of pairings in such a sandbox setting where a smaller group would need a larger focus to remain stabilize. Unless someone in said smaller group has no issue with that factor in working that into the game with you.

tormentedmale

No problem, I'm definitely interested in the concept, and happy to look at whatever character options would work best.

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump: Thread was created November 17, 2015, 12:44:06 AM » and it is now December 17, 2015, 07:27:58something PM

Praxis

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Praxis on December 18, 2015, 07:47:15 AM
This looks promising.

Thanks. ^^ Hopefully can garner bit more interest to see my general options of how to start it; though this month is a slow one give Holiday season.