Legends of Tomorrow: A DC Arrowverse RP

Started by Kadigan, March 18, 2017, 07:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadigan

Legends of Tomorrow: Abiding Time

In 2016 Time Master Rip Hunter embarked on a quest, to save the world and his family from the greatest tyranny that it would ever know.  He gathered together a group of misfits and heroes, all with different reasons for going, and set about his quest. They traveled forward and backwards in time, helping those in the past and future in need. Labeled a rogue and a menace by those he once served with, he and the group eventually managed to stop this menace together.

While some of the crew left, some of it stayed and even others disappeared. The Legends carried on as best they could for many years, stopping new threats, and old ones risen up again. They were there in many key events in history, and whether always there or now there thanks to time travel, they were heroes doing what was right.

In 2019 the Waverider, the temporal ship that the Legends used to travel throughout time began appearing in various cities. Mysteriously emptied of its crew, records of the past 8 months wiped out, the ships AI Gideon began fulfilling the Apodosis Protocol. The artificial shipmaster started to gather new heroes, new misfits. New Legends.

Time itself is becoming unstable. Whether through the Legends actions or someone more nefarious, events are, or will, occur in different ways. Gideon has begun pulling people out of the time line that will be affected by these changes. If they were to remain, their past or future would be irrevocably altered and their lives forever damaged. There is no guarantee that the new Legends will be successful. Gideon only offers a chance, no more or less.

The new crew are wanderers now, destined to travel from time to time until their own life is set straight, and until such time as they can return home they are…

Hello there all, based on the CW’s show Legends of Tomorrow (duh), set in DC’s Arrow verse. This is an RP idea I’ve had bouncing around in my head for a while and finally decided to give it a shot. See if there was any interest in it at all.

The main idea, if the description wasn’t clear, is that your character is (to steal from the Exiles) unbound from time and something horrible will happen or may happen in the past to them if the timeline is not restored. For example, your character may enter into a coma and never wake up; from something that was originally a minor accident.

Also, while there are numerous heavy hitting heroes out there, the Legends, to me at least, are a chance for other heroes and heroines to shine. There’s many an RP, Film, TV etc, all fine of course, that showcase Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc…what about those characters that don’t get as much screen time? Legends has done great bringing characters that haven’t always connected for long periods of time, such as Vixen, Steel, Firestorm and others to the small screen and showing what great and complex characters they can be.

So, if all of that hasn’t made you fall asleep from disinterest, I invite you to express your interest in a character and joining the RP. The character you chose will need to be “Arrowverse’d” so to speak, and need to be redone in a way that it would fit in. The origins do not have to expressly be the same as the comics, but can be if it works.  If there’s enough interest I’ll throw up a profile form. I'd like to see a mix of Meta's and regular people (with gimmicks or gadgets of course if you like.)

Three edits to this: One, no pre existing arrowverse characters. Two, villains will be considered if they are of the right tone, and three this is 18 over only for characters.

Personally, I have my sights set on a lesser known heroine called the Moon Maiden (wiki her at your own risk, some plot spoilers may be in her bio!)

Caradoc

I may well be interested in this. I'll mull over a character to pick from. Lesser known, not hugely powerful (Firestorm to one side) DC character. I have a few ideas.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Kadigan

Glad to have some interest, congratulations on being the first. Hopefully of several.

Orange Marmalade

Poking my head in for some tentative interest. I love the TV show and overall concept as a way to bring lesser known heroes to the forefront :)

Kadigan

Thanks for the interest, if you want to bounce character ideas off me feel free to PM me.

mia h

Looks like it could be interesting.
One quick question, I'm assuming that all of the extended Arrowverse characters are off limits? So nobody from Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl, Constantine
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Kadigan

You beat me to the punch by about 10 minutes Mia. I'd realized I hadn't posted that up explicitly, but yes existing characters are getting their time to shine.

Also, I was about to put up that I'm not necessarily opposed to villains, however they must be redeemable in nature so to speak. In other words, Snart worked because he saw it at first as a job, then as a necessity, then as a calling. The Joker certainly wouldn't work, nor would many others. But that can all be discussed.

mia h

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on March 19, 2017, 10:58:58 AM
You beat me to the punch by about 10 minutes Mia. I'd realized I hadn't posted that up explicitly, but yes existing characters are getting their time to shine.
... and my instinct to 'claim' Thea kicks in hard  ;D

Kadigan

If you want an arrow type there are several other choices still, such as your name sake Mia Dreden, or Cissie King (I could see her unhinged in time being so horrible for her, never getting away from her controlling mother)

mia h

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on March 19, 2017, 11:07:11 AM
your name sake Mia Dearden
as in Thea Dearden Queen  :P
Anyway instinct is one thing, rational thought a whole other.

Kadigan

To me, at this point, Mia and Thea are two entirely different characters given their wildly different character arcs.

ElvenKitten

Given the time travel element I could probably justify playing Jenny Sparks. Wildstorm is after all part of DC now ;D

Kadigan

That is true, Jenny would be quite alright. DC and Wildstorm merging. Corporate games or Time Travel Shennanigans. You be the judge.

TheLaughingOne

Questions:

1: is this legacy characters only? No original?

2: how much play and wiggle is there for the characters, providing they are still actually the character?

3: How does an hourman sound..? :3
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

mia h

HopeFox

Ooh, I love Legends, and the Arrowverse! I could definitely be interested in this!

I haven't read much of the comics, but I've watched all of the animated Justice League. I have a particular fondness for Long Shadow, although it's hard to see how the Ultimen would fit into the Arrowverse. I also quite like Shining Knight, who would be a good character to bring in from the past (especially now that we've seen Camelot), and also Dove.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Kadigan

Laughing One:

Yes existing characters only, need to be close enough that they're still recognizable, and Hourman has already been done.

Hope:

Knight (Justin or Ystin?) and Dove (Don or Dawn?) are both good choices. Long Shadow would be trickier surely, but could possibly be done.

TheLaughingOne

Awesome! And shit. Love playing hourman... which one is being done? Rex, Rick, or Mat?
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

ElvenKitten

It's Rex I believe in the show.

TheLaughingOne

Wait... Seriously? Damn! Now im gonna have to watch and praise, or condemn it most horribly now!!!

Im guessing its Matthew Tyler, as a quick thing shows it as being the legends bit, and matt was dealing with time travel....???

If dont wanna spoil things feel free to PM me!!
My Ons and Offs!

Caradoc

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on March 20, 2017, 07:25:39 AM
Awesome! And shit. Love playing hourman... which one is being done? Rex, Rick, or Mat?

Rex Tyler was on Legends of Tomorrow, last episode of season 1 and a few of season 2.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Kadigan

Quote from: ElvenKitten on March 20, 2017, 09:00:18 AM
I believe in the show.

The show believes in you too.

And yes, that is correct, Rex Tyler did appear already. I wouldn't be adverse to Rick or Matt showing up, though Matt would need to be toned down quite a bit powers wise probably..

ElvenKitten

Kadigan

So far the interest is..

Me: Moon Maiden
Caradoc: Nemesis
KItten: Jenny Sparks
Laughing One: HourMan
Hope: Dove/Shining Knight

mia h and Orange Marmalade: Interested.

Miss anyone? I'll probably post a bio sheet up soon. I hope for a couple more players, maybe be 6-8 players for this.

ElvenKitten

So Jenny will be the antihero of the group from the looks of it  :D