Legends of Tomorrow: A DC Arrowverse RP

Started by Kadigan, March 18, 2017, 07:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLaughingOne

Awesome! I played in another DC game with some friends, and had a real kick playing all three of the hourmen at different times!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

HopeFox

I think I'll go with Shining Knight, because it'll be fun to play a character from the 6th century. It'll be the Sir Justin version. I'll take what I know of him from the comics and Justice League Animated, and adapt it to fit what we've seen of Camelot in Legends.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

mia h

Still toying with either Thea Queen (which would be a nice link to show and she is a badass) or Arisia Rrab (not sure if Lantern would be over powered for the team, also have to find a way to disguise her alien features but if H.G. has a holo-disguise..) or maybe Charlotte Victoria Sage (gender swapped version of the original Question)
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Kadigan

So here it is. I didn't include a personality section, because to me that's what RP is for. People don't always act according to some guide line. Keep in mind in terms of being "Unhinged from history," Laura's case is going to be the most extreme. Everyone else should still exist. Basically it's as I described, something that should have been innocuous or even some adventure they went on was vastly different and life devastating.

If you want to include something for costume reference with the photo you select that's fine, or if you find a cosplayer with the apropos costume that's fine as well. Once we get enough in I'll do up an OOC page then hopefully we can get started

Code Name:
Name:
Player:
Backstory: (Doesn't have to be pages long, but try to put a spin on it)
How They are Unhinged from History:
Powers:
Photo:

Code Name: Moon Maiden

Name: Laura Klein

Player: BarbaraGordon

Backstory: Hugh Klein was an astronaut on the classified Apollo XXV, the final of the last 8 secret missions sent to the moon. While exploring a previously unmapped section of the moon, Hugh discovered an ancient structure, which he later dubbed a Lunar Villa in his reports.

Inside, he found a group of beings made of pure energy calling themselves The Hundred. They were a group of scholars and alchemists who had fled Rome to avoid having their knowledge used for conquest and war. Seeing the world how it had turned out, and regretting not intervening to make it a better place, they created a child they called the Praemonstra Supra, She Who Will Point the Way. When Hugh returned to Earth, he brought the child with her and was allowed to raise her, naming her Laura.

At first, Laura was simply an intelligent and athletically gifted child, scoring highest marks in several tests. She started her first year of college at Fawcett College, and was soon on track to earning a degree in biology, hoping to be a healer of some kind. At the age of 21 however, her powers began to manifest themselves, and she learned of her true origins from her father. With his blessing, she left college and began a new patch as a heroine.

Dubbing herself Laurel, the newspapers began calling her the Moon Maiden, as a reporter caught wind of her gravity related power. The worlds first metahuman, she did her best to make the world a better place. When a vigilante began murdering people in Starling City, she was there, and rather then arrest him she helped him realize that there was another way. Two years later, after several adventures, she began helping a new metahuman come to terms with his powers, in much the way she had hers, and began helping with the rash of new powered people that began showing up. Together the three of them, along with their various allies, helped to make their cities a brighter and better place for everyone to see.

And then, it was as if any of it had never occurred. Found by Gideon in an anomalous pocket in the timestream, she was picked up and monitored. Distraught over what had occurred, she vowed to help Gideon with the problems in time, and hopefully to find answers about her own condition.

How you are “unhinged”:  Laura’s case is perhaps the most extreme example of being unhinged. She has been completely removed from the timeline, any influence she had, any lives she saved, were all undone. There is no record, memory, or evidence of any kind that she had ever existed at all.

Powers/Abilities

Thanks to the changes the Hundred made onto her as an infant, Laurel is able to manipulate gravity in several ways. She can use it to manipulate objects up to the size of a medium sized car. Anything more is beyond her current capabilities. Theoretically she is more powerful in places where the moon exerts more gravitational force. She is able to put her powers inward to fly as well.

Photo (Can include drawing for costume reference)

LordRod

This game screams for a Swamp Thing or an Edrogan....but I'm not sure how to sufficiently depower the former or decampify the latter....I will think on it.

Or try John Constantine. :D
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Caradoc

Code Name: Nemesis
Name: Thomas Andrew Tresser
Player: Caradoc

Backstory: Thomas’ brother Craig was an undercover agent who was killed after being brainwashed. Thomas went after them, taking his own undercover skills to new heights in the process. In the comics, he teamed with Batman and later went to work as as advance/point man for the Suicide Squad. For the Arrow-verse, he worked for ARGUS for a time, doing work in the shadows but avoiding meeting the big names like Green Arrow, Spartan, and company. He has been believed dead many times, escaping with a mix of luck and his undercover skill. Even his ARGUS handlers have been unsure of his survival, causing his file to be marked “Wait and See.”

How They are Unhinged from History: After yet another undercover mission, this time cleaning up the remnants of Tobias Church’s gang, Nemesis returned to ARGUS headquarters to find out no one knew him. His past missions weren't top secret, they were just gone. Something or other made a ripple in history that removed Thomas and his brother from the timeline. Now, he wants to both restore his own place and see if he can save his brother, Gideon's restrictions be damned.

Powers: None.

Skills and Talents: Nemesis is a master impersonator. He can learn another’s mannerisms and get their voice down in moments, and uses a variety of special masks that he can dissolve with a spray, usually kept in his collar. He is a skilled hand to hand combatant, marksman, and adept at various arts of espionage such as computer hacking, surveillance, defeating security systems, and following people.

Photo: forthcoming (it's been  a busy week)
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

TheLaughingOne

Code Name: Hourman
Name: Matthew Tyler
Player: TheLaughingOne

Backstory:
Matthew Tyler has a strange issue from history, in that now it doesnt exist. His Father Rex Tyler, the original Hourman was murdered before Matthew was conceived, but somehow he was picked up and anchored to the Waverider before he was destroyed completely.

Before that the best.of his remaining memories was of him acting as the latest Hourman following in his father and older brothers footsteps, though he had some clear advantages over them. Barely out of high school when he started crimefighting Matthew remained largely freelance, though claims to have known many different heroes but over varying eras.

Matthew is one of the most gifted individuals out there, operating at peak human condition physically and mentally, though not quite into Metahuman levels, atleast until he powers up, and unlike the rest of his family Matthew doesnt require a dose of miraclo, his body seeming to produce the effect naturally. Like the others this only lasts for an hour, and while can be done repeatedly, but with greatly diminished returns, overuse capable of causing him to suffer heart failure, anurisms, and fall into coma. Only after a wait of 24 hours after the last dose is he able to safely reuse his power.

As said, Matthew became setached from time with the death of his father Rex Tyler. He now searches for what caused that death, and a way to fix it.

Powers: (right!! So i am ballparking this, and totes down to rework it so fits game proper)
Hour Of Power: When dosed Matthew experiences an extreme increase of physical capabilities, his durability and stamina increasing to the point high caliber handgun fire is unnoticed and even military grade munitions doing little more then leaving welts, his soeed and reactions are increased to the point he can easily run at speeds of 90 miles an hour, and strength wise able to lift and throw into the tons.

The downside of this is after the hour is up he is overcome with extreme exhaustion for an hour afterwards, struggling to keep upright and active, unless he powers up again, which greatly stresses his body, the results barely half as effective as before, and the crash nearly twice as bad with each successive use.

Photo:
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

HopeFox

Code Name: Shining Knight
Name: Sir Justin of Crookham
Player: HopeFox
Backstory: Justin was born in Crookham, a tiny village on the very edge of what would later become King Arthur's kingdom. His father was a minor landowner in the area, allowing Justin to grow up with just enough wealth to pursue his dream of being a knight. He trained in swordsmanship and equestrianism, and when he was fourteen, he travelled to Camelot to seek a knight to serve as a squire. As luck would have it, his skill and virtue were enough to impress Sir Galahad into taking him on, and he served his knight-master loyally in his endeavours and adventures, until the fateful day when Galahad was struck down by King Arthur himself, under the mind-controlling sorcery of the Hunter. Justin, being but a youth, only served on the periphery of the battle to come, but he still witnessed the courage of Queen Guinevere, Merlin, Sir Raymond of the Palms, and other great warriors.

After the battle was won and Camelot was saved from the Black Knight and the Hunter, Justin returned to Crookham, determined to keep his own village safe from threats and prove himself worthy of becoming a Knight of the Round Table himself. Three years later, he set out for Camelot again, stronger and wiser. On the way to Camelot, he came across a band of brigands who were tormenting a young woman with a broken arm. He drove off the brigands and brought the woman safely to Camelot. Later, at Arthur's court, he discovered that the woman was none other than Merlin herself, who had been unable to wield her magic staff because of her injury. When she recovered, she used her magic to grant Justin several boons - she enchanted his sword and armour, and transformed his horse, Victory, into a mighty winged steed. With these assets, and Merlin's own testimony of his skill and virtue, King Arthur gladly accepted Justin at the Round Table, knighting him as Sir Justin of Crookham.
How They are Unhinged from History: After Sir Justin had served King Arthur for several years, he received a top secret mission. Arthur instructed him to travel to the village of Wheatfield and kill every last man, woman and child living there. Justin, naturally, questioned these orders strenuously, but Arthur insisted that it was necessary for the good of Camelot and the world. With a heavy heart, Justin travelled to Wheatfield, and was welcomed by its inhabitants. He chose to spend the night in a farmhouse before he made the decision of whether to carry out Arthur's command or not. During the night, he was contacted by Gideon, who warned him that the next day's events were going to be catastrophic, both for himself and for the world's future, and urged him to join the Waverider.
Powers: Sir Justin has no inherent powers. He is a very skilled swordsman and horseman, and has decent skills at woodcraft and at leading small groups of men in battle.

His sword, chain mail and horse have all been enchanted by Merlin using the Cosmic Staff. His sword can cut through almost anything, his armour protects him from impacts and most forms of energy and radiation, and his horse can fly and is impervious to most attacks.
Photo:

Kadigan

Just want to clarify something again. The idea of being "unhinged from history." Is not how you joined the waverider. The idea is that something anomalous has occurred to your character. For instance, they were crippled in an accident that shouldn't have occurred, perhaps never gained their powers or abilities for some reason, etc etc or some such like that.

The general idea to me, is that Gideon is seeking out those affected by the anomalous to help put them right.

HopeFox

Okay, I'll see what I can figure out for that. I probably don't want it to be too dramatic, like a disaster affecting all of Camelot... although I suppose it does need to fall at some point. Maybe something happens to his home village, that it gets destroyed or didn't exist or something? Or Arthur sends him on a quest to fight a monster that turned out to be some futuristic monstrosity that doesn't belong in the sixth century at all?

mia h

Code Name: The Question
Name: Charlotte 'Charlie' Victoria Sage
Player: mia h
Backstory:
Charlotte Victoria Sage is better known to the residents of Hub City as Vikki Sage, an investigative journalist for a KBEL news but on screen fame and notoriety has risen from her extra-curricula activities as The Question.
The road to becoming the Question started when Charlie was contacted by a professor from her old college Aristotle Rodor, about a medical company that had developed and artificial skin that was planning to be sold to desperate Third World nations despite the skin being potentially fatal in many situations. As Vikki Sage, Charlie couldn't get the proof she needed to expose the deal but Rodor provided her with a method for getting the information, the artificial skin and bonding gas could be used to obscure Charlie's face and also changed her hair colour allowing her to break in to the company and find the evidence without being recognised. Vikki Sage broke the news but no real action was taken against the company, which is when The Question was born. With the help Rodor, Charlie traced the lost evidence and badly handled case back to a corrupt cop, using the blank face that the artificial skin provided Charlie intimidated to cop into confessing before tasering the cop, tying him up and leaving him in the lobby of City Hall with a sign around his neck "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" This was reported as being a "pertinent question" and the name for Hub City's faceless crusader stuck. Charlie has since focused her efforts on cleaning up the corruption in Hub City's Police and Government, leaving behind business cards bearing a question mark at the homes and offices of her targets.

It appears that history has been altered to the Aristotle Rodor died in a car accident six months before he contacted Charlie about the artificial skin story, meaning that she would never have become The Question.

Powers\Skills: At heart Charlie is a journalist and she has a gift for uncovering leads and putting together the pieces of any puzzle. Because of her unconventional reporting style Charlie has also learned how to overcome the majority of electronic and computer security systems, coupled with the more conventional skills of a grafter (being able to read people and adapt to most social occasions). Charlie is a capable martial artist but relies more on stealth and intimidation to achieve her goals.
Charlie always carries a supply of the artificial skin Pseudoderm and the bonding gas to create the no-face mask, she generally has a Taser on her as sometimes it's just easier.

Photo:
Vikki Sage

The Question
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Kadigan

I'd like to start by saying thank you to everyone that applied and submitted a profile. The hard work and creativity involved in crafting any profile for any RP should never be disregarded. Unfortunately my RL is becoming a bit more hectic. I hope to participate in some games coming up, but GMing requires commitment and creativity and I do not want to half ass it, as that results in a poor experience on you. I hope you all have the best of luck in finding a good game in the future. Hopefully I will see you in them.