Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldRanger

Heh, at least there not winless like the Lions!  ::)

Caity

Bayushi

Wow. Lost to the Aints, in London. >.<

FAIL!

King_Furby

tonight, i am looking to see the colts beat the snot out of the titans. may or may not happen but i can hope.

Caity

Will

Quote from: King_Furby on October 27, 2008, 02:13:41 PM
tonight, i am looking to see the colts beat the snot out of the titans. may or may not happen but i can hope.
Quote from: Caity on October 27, 2008, 02:18:47 PM
Titans definitely need to LOSE. 

No way, baby!  Wooohooo!!!  Colts' D can't stop White and Johnson without Bob Sanders, and even with him it would be difficult.  Manning's not in a rhythm right now, and if they can't run the ball, he won't get into one.  The only way the Titans lose is if Collins throws 2+ picks.

SUPER BOWL, BABY!!!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Anyone see where Navy has become the first team in 11 years to go through an entire game without making one pass attempt?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caity

We just don't need another undefeated team's ass to kiss this season.  :P

Colts for the win.  Please! 

Caity

I guess it's up to the Packers to beat the Titans next week.  *cough*

Will

Mwahahahaha!!!  7-0!

I dont' really care if they lose a game or three.  They've got a 4 game lead over the Colts now, so I'm just concerned about the playoffs.  Honestly, I don't want them to go undefeated through the regular season.  I think we all know how that can end.

- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Quote from: Will1984 on October 28, 2008, 09:10:58 AM
Honestly, I don't want them to go undefeated through the regular season.  I think we all know how that can end.

With Miami sharing a bottle of champagne?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Caity

Quote from: Will1984 on October 28, 2008, 09:10:58 AM
Mwahahahaha!!!  7-0!

I dont' really care if they lose a game or three.  They've got a 4 game lead over the Colts now, so I'm just concerned about the playoffs.  Honestly, I don't want them to go undefeated through the regular season.  I think we all know how that can end.

Good.. then you won't mind if the Packers beat them.  :P  *cough*

Will

Quote from: Caity on October 28, 2008, 03:47:41 PM
Good.. then you won't mind if the Packers beat them.  :P  *cough*

I would be disappointed, of course.  I don't ever want to see my team lose.  But maybe they should get it out of the way, and if they're going to lose, I would rather it be to an NFC team.  So yeah, it could be worse than a loss to the Packers.

- Jack Kerouac

King_Furby

This could be a disaster for chicago. Orton just went down, looks like might be for the game. I hope to god it's not for the season. I have little faith in their back up.

And worse. wtf chicago how were you loseing by 10 at the end of the half. to the lions of all teams. gross. I hope the defense can major step up, or their backup actually plays decent.

NOOOO. i am mad now.

WyldRanger

Ahh...not to worry Furby! The Lions are the kings of futility and have managed to blow that lead so breath a little easier! :)

0-8...halfway there!  ::)

Caity

Mannnn!  SO close!  Packers lose, Titans remain perfect.  (Personally, I think perfect is boring, :P)

But JETS won!  Gooo Jets.  :D

WyldRanger

Hey the Lions are perfect!

Perfectly inept!  ::)

Caity

lol.. That's a good point. :)

It must take some kind of talent to lose every game.  :P

Will

Anyone want to guess who will break their streak of perfection first?

Titans or Lions?

It's my team, but I still say Tennessee loses before Detroit wins.  They're sure not going to win inside their division!

- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

The vote from downstairs agrees with you, Will.  Primarily because of the Titan's upcoming schedule.

King_Furby

I think Titans will lose before lions win. titans take on chicago on soldier field next week. If Orton is healthy by then i think Chicago may beat them. bears are pretty good on their home terf.

Lions are just so bad they may be like the was it the dolphins of last season? lost pretty much every game if i remember correctly.

But i think it would be funny if Titans had an undefeated season and then lost in the super bowl like the pats did. LOL i wonder if there is a curse on having an undefeated regular season. may never know as i highly doubt anyone will do that again. HAHA except for next season, brady coming back and they going to do it again..this time wining the super bowl too. (Wishful thinking)

Message to the pats. WTF are you doing here in the 4th. they had a personal foul, then made a stupid play, then threw an interseption. WTF the pats deserve to lose this now but i hope they dont.

MagicalPen

I am not sure how the Standings work, but the Pats, Bills and Jets are all at 5 - 3, with the Pats in 1st, Bills in 2nd, and Jets in 3rd. I thought they looked at divisional record? the Bills should be 3rd in that case (0-2) the Pats in second (1-1) and the Jets in 1st (2-1). Miami has a good shot of getting in there too - the rest of their season is extremely easy, with the game at Jets to end the season as potentially being one that decides which of the two go to the playoffs!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Oniya

Tie-breakers in the standings include both divisional record as well as which one beat the other if the two teams have played this season.

MagicalPen

New England Patriots     5     3     0     .625     168     150     3-1-0     2-2-0     1-1-0     3-3-0     Lost 1 
Buffalo Bills    5    3    0    .625    182    169    3-1-0    2-2-0    0-2-0    3-2-0    Lost 2 
New York Jets    5    3    0    .625    208    187    3-1-0    2-2-0    2-1-0    4-3-0    Won 2

Wins / Loss / Ties / Percentage / Points For / Points Against / Home / Road / Divisional / Conference / Streak

So, Identical Records across the board, with the Jets having the better Conference Record and Divisional Record (beat the Bills and Dolphins, lost to Pats). The Pats beats the Jets and lost to Dolphins. The Bills lost to the Jets and the Dolphins. Jets also have a better points differential. So does it come down to Conference Record?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Oniya

I think the Divisional record comes first, and if that's a tie, it goes to which team beat the other face to face.  So, in this case, it would be the Jets, then the Pats, then the Bills. (0.67, 0.50, 0.00)