Stranded ( Character Sheet Thread/Sign up.)

Started by Awesomesauce, September 10, 2012, 12:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomesauce

Strandedhttps://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151731.0 (Game thread)

Ever since humanity became capable of sailing long distances, there have been endless reports involving ships that disappear. While experts and scientists are quick to dismiss those as inconsistencies, sinkings, or plain myths, a lot of people believe that there are areas in which ships simply don't come out of. Such reports almost entirely stop mid 18th century, yet the myths hold a place in everybody's hearts still.

Enter Cruise Ship ' Majestic '.

Majestic is founded by various organizations around the world, with the purpose of shattering these mythical areas ; They succeed. They come back from every single 'mystical' zone unscathed, and successfully manage to dispel their myths over the years.

2013- In celebration of their success, Majestic undergoes major remodelations in order to become the most luxurious cruise ship of all time, equipped with amazing facilities, rooms, food, sports equipment- It rivals the most amazing hotels in the world. Furthermore, for it's opening trip and in good faith, the owners decide to send free invitations to various people around the globe that fill a certain survey, giving them a free trip.

2 weeks into the Cruise, however. . .Everything goes wrong. Majestic's navigation equipment fails by just a small margin, resulting in them having to change their route just a bit. . .Causing it to crash onto one of those 'myth' areas it had busted. . .

For this roleplay, I wish to have two groups of people.
First one : Survivors.
This will be the group that will crash onto the island from the cruise ' Majestic'.

Second one : Natives.
Now, the natives are all english speaking people that are either descendants from the past survivors of past ships that have crashed onto the island, or very old survivors. They have basic, limited technology, though the original survivors weren't completely primitive, so perhaps some of the groups may have developped a bit slightly more advanced forms of clothing/tools/weapons beyond the average primitive tribes.

The island is completely cut off from the outside world. A great many whirlpools form around 1 kilometer away from the shore, making it impossible for people to swim/sail through.

A magnetic field completely disables communications that try to go across it, so only communications already inside the island would work, if they existed of course.

The Island is a beautiful place with both common and exotic flora and fauna. Some plants have special , drug-like effects, some are downright lethal. A great variety of animals that can be hunted/fished for exist as well.

(Decided not to allow for any fantastical skills, for now. .Perhaps I may allow for some supernatural abilities to develop as the story progresses. )

Character Sheet
Name:

Gender and Orientation:

Native or Survivor :

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.):

Physical description:

Personality:

Brief History:

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island :

The maximum limit of characters you are allowed to make is two. One Native, and one Survivor.

I hope this turns out to be pretty fun. =)

Survivors :
Dimitri.
Ami
Kathleen
Erik
Avelina

Natives :
Mae.
Kristina.
Willow.
Sika
Dyami

Siereis

Name: Ami Tokito

Gender and Orientation: Female, mostly straight with a slight male lean though inexperienced with either gender for the most part.

Native or Survivor: Survivor

Noteworthy Skills: Organization and cleanliness, lab skills, basic electronics knowledge.

Physical description:  Ami is quite a beautiful girl.  She is of Japanese descent though was raised in America.  The girl is rather short, standing at just over 5 feet tall and she has a slender build.  The girl has pretty dark brown eyes and short black hair that reaches down to juts past her shoulders.  Additionally, Ami almost always wears her silver lined glasses, though is capable of managing without them.  She has lovely pale skin and a surprisingly large chest given her slenderness.  Before being stranded, Ami almost always dressed conservatively - preferring a dress or blue jeans over a skirt any day.

Personality:  The best words to describe Ami are shy yet confident.  She rarely enjoys being the center of attention and would much rather be the one working in the background while others do all the talking.  However, despite her shy nature, Ami is not without her confidence.  In her own environment, the girl is quite adept at just about anything she does.  She tends to be book smart, is easy to embarrass in social settings, and gets quiet around new people.  The girl is rather self conscious of her looks and puts a lot of effort into making sure she looks her best as often as possible.  Despite this, her quiet nature often causes her to be overlooked in the dating world and she has rarely been in a romantic relationship.

Brief History: Ami grew up a typical child in suburban America - making the occasional friend in school, going to a decent state college, and getting a job as a lab tech for a small biological research company.  Nothing about her life was extraordinary, something that always seemed to depress her.  When she got the invitation to attend the cruise, the girl was quite eager and willing.  Thinking to herself that it would be a good time to be away from the office and from co-workers, the girl packed her bag full of swimwear and light sun time clothing before getting on board - unaware of what was to come..

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island:  Nothing - Ami was in bed asleep when the ship crashed into the islands.  She rushed out of bed in nothing but her night gown before she was thrown overboard in the confusion and panic.  Aside from the nightgown, the girl has on her underwear (of course), and managed to collect her glasses before being thrown overboard.

Awesomesauce

Name : Dimitri Livestrong

Gender and Orientation : Male. Straight.

Native or Survivor : Survivor.

Noteworthy skills : Great with computers. Basic medical skills. Martial arts training.Decent at Fishing.

Physical description : Dimitri is of an average height, 5'11. He's fit, and while not too strong looking because he's not too stocky or anything, he's quite toned and actually pretty strong. The young man has dark red hair that spikes up a bit up front, with hazel eyes, and white skin. He always dresses in dark blue jeans with black sketchers shoes with a black belt, and with a bright/strong colored shirt like blue, yellow, red, black. Wears glasses and contacts.

Personality : Dimitri is somewhat shy in social groups. He was never the best talker, though he is quite smart and confident in his abilities, with the exception of his social abilities of course. He's somewhat emotionally scarred by past issues, so he tends to avoid people. Needless to say, not most successful with the ladies.

Brief History : Dimitri grew up all over America and in a couple of foreign countries. He never got to call a single place home for too long, and was quite often the foreigner wherever he lived. Needless to say, making friends wasn't the easiest thing for him.
When he got the cruise invitation however, he decided that it may be tim efor a change, and took it without hesitation. He packs a lot of electronic equipment and some clothes, snacks, and other things into a single, big bag and heads towards the cruise. .

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you into the island : Everything he brought with him, except for his contacts and other stuff people usually leave in their bathrooms. Swiss army pocket knife. A small case with fishing baits and hooks.

Approved. Sieries :)

When I get few people, I'll make the thread and link it here. Err. .Which section should I use? Play by post light? Or extreme? o-o

Siereis

(Awesome!  In terms of what room..I guess my own personal pick would be extreme, but it really depends on what you expect to occur in the rp.  Also, in relation to your PM, we should wait for at least a few more people., though then again we could always just start and let people join in as we find them on the beach or whatever.)

Awesomesauce

I'll probably post it on extreme.
I don't want there to be many limitations.
Unless someone voices their discomfort, mostly anything is fine by me.

BellaVita

Name: Mae

Gender and Orientation: Female. Straight.

Native or Survivor: Native

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.): Expert with a bow and arrow, fairly good at using a throwing spear.

Physical description: Mae only stands at 5'6", but what she lacks in height, she makes up for in athleticism. She has a slender, yet toned body and bronze skin. Her chestnut waves reach her lower back when they aren't in braids, and her eyes are a green that seem to match the forest. On a typical day she wears a leather bandeau top and a cloth skirt. She doesn't always have painted on markings, but sometimes when she hunts she will paint the black line under the eyes to protect her eyes from the sun.

Personality: Mae is a headstrong girl, determined to do what she wants. She isn't one to back down from a challenge, or give up easily. However, she is a friendly girl and nice to just about everyone.

Brief History: Mae was born on the island, and so was her family. In fact, her bloodline is some of the oldest survivors that the tribe has record of. Because of this, her father is the tribe's leader, and her mother is the tribe's healer. She can be quite the rebel, often opposing her parents' ideas for her getting married to some of the men in the tribe, which lately has been the topic of discussion more than usual.
Dyami, her brother, is one of the only people that she will listen to and take advice from. When he became her guardian, she wasn't thrilled, but they had always been close and were normally together anyway hunting or exploring the island. Dyami is her rock, and she is grateful to have him around, regardless of his guardianship.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island: The tribe shares mostly everything they have, but her mother gave her a gold necklace with a heart-shaped pendant on it that has been passed down in the family.

((I hope this is ok, if not, I can change it. Also, if anyone wants to be my sibling or a suitor, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the details.))

Photo

yeah. I'm incredibly interested in this game. I should have time for it. I'll be putting a character sheet up soon
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Awesomesauce

Accepted, Bella.
After Photo's character sheet, I think I'll create a thread and link it here.
:)

Awesomesauce

Acid Lips

Name: Kathleen Lonestar

Gender and Orientation: Female/Bisexual

Native or Survivor : Survivor

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.): Very intelligent she knows a bit about everything. In college she was considered a genius top on everything in her class.

Physical description: Rather small breasts however her figure it's something to be proud of. She has a small tattoo on the small of her back of a tribal of roses.

Personality: Aside from her looks she is a very nice person, she loves to make people laugh even if she is considered a fool by doing so. She generally hides her brilliant mind from people, especially people she doesn't know. She is a girl that doesn't give up no matter what.

Brief History: She was born in Alaska, ever since little she had a mind that could rival adults. At the young age of sixteen she was considered qualified to go to college. She majored on medicine, at the beginning of her college life she was made fun of because of how young she was, however she quickly proved herself by beating everybody on her class in test scores. He parents proud of her sent her off a trip in a cruise in order for her to try and enjoy herself. A day after her birthday she goes on the cruise hoping for the best.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island : A pocketknife she always carries around.

Awesomesauce

Acid Lips

BTW people, English it's not my main language so I want to make sure there is no problem if I make a mistake or two during my posting.

Awesomesauce

As long as it is understandable, I don't mind. People will probably try to correct you a bit though, which is good. What is your first language, by the way?

Acid Lips

Spanish, I don't mind people correcting me as long as they don't be rude about it.

Awesomesauce

I don't think they will be. Spanish is my first language too, by the way. If you got any questions regarding English, I can easily tell you whatever you like.
Have fun RPing, looking forward to get everything started.

Acid Lips

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik "Gekido" Buren

Gender and Orientation: Male, straight

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.): Mixed martial arts, staff/spear fighting [staff is some times used in martial arts events, and applying those moves to a spear is easy, given how similar the two weapons are], meditation, cooking.

Physical description: tall at 5'11, he is wiry and somewhat thin (about 200 pounds). He is well known for his carefully maintained beard. Black hair with dark green eyes.

Personality: Mild mannered and calm, some may even go so far as to calm him unflappable. He does not fly off the handle easily, and regards everything with a sort of dispassionate logic.

Brief History: A German man, he got his start with fighting in school brawls, but later on, found a more constructive way to vent his aggression. He was a minor celebrity in the mixed martial arts scene in Germany before he left for the ill-fated cruise.

He once spent several years studying Zen in Japan itself, which is also where his fighting alias comes from (the word means "wrath"). When he came back from Japan, the name was no longer truly fitting, as he had found a way to be at peace with himself, and, according to himself, with the universe.

This did not, however, ever stop him from taking part in the fights that he had come to rely upon as a means of supporting himself.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island : first aid kit, 3-inch blade ceramic folding knife, Bo, a suit case of spare clothes (including a black gi and mask).

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Awesomesauce

Of course! There's room for as many natives as people want to make.

We in fact need more. >_<

Everyone so far is accepted.
Gotta love how someone else had the idea of playing someone with mixed martial arts training. =O

Kdyami

Name: Dyami (dye-A-me)

Gender and Orientation: Male, straight

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.): Hunting, Dead Reckoning, Knife Fighting, Field-Craft, Expert Survival Skills having lived on the Island his whole life.

Physical description: At just over 6’ tall and 225 pounds he cuts an impressive figure in the tribe even before you discover he’s the eldest son of the tribe’s leader and healer.  He has the same green eyes and long locks of chestnut hair of his sister, but keeps it braided down his neck.  However, unlike the lithe figure of the hunter his sister has he has a much more muscular frame.  He typically wears simple leather breaches, vambrace and vest, the wings of the eagle tattoo clearly visible on the back of his shoulders, along with the marque of his station as guardian on his biceps. He is also never seen without his knives.

Personality: Dyami is the son of the chief as such he feels responsible to keep the tribe safe and flourishing.  He feels much like an older brother to all those in the tribe, helping all those who need it whenever he is able.  He is also the son of the healer and brother of the future healer.  With the tribe having a very matriarchal hierarchy he has always saw his dad being over protective of his sister.  Dyami feel’s a strong bond with his sister and wants to protect her even from their parents, often running interference when she gets in one of her rebellious moods.  This leaves him with very little time for himself.  He is ever the Guardian of his tribe, but longs for someone to understand why he does what he does, or at least accept him for it.

Brief History: Dyami was born on the island and given his status, first born of the chief, he was trained as a warrior as soon as he could lift a spear.  As such he learned the many different weapons and fighting styles that have been passed down through the different bloodlines on the island eventually favoring the evasive movement of knife fighting.  His father made him his first knife and charged him with protecting his kid sister.  When he was old enough Dyami made his second knife and pledged the safety of the tribe on the blade.  After proving his devotion to protecting the tribe he was given his final test, branding the tribe symbol on his left arm to represent his commitment to them and a scar from each knife on his right arm to signify his personal devotion to his pledge.  Dyami now keeps the tribe safe and keeps his sister out of harm.  Be it hunting for food, tracking anything or anyone that might want to do the tribe harm, helping dig a garden for an elder in the tribe, or out exploring the island with his sister.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island:  Being born on the island most everything is shared equally.  Other than the knife given to him by his father and the knife on which he pledged.  Dyami has only one possession he will not part with; a leather necklace with a bone cutout of his namesake, the eagle, given to him by his mother when he was declared guardian.

Side note:  I try and find a picture later today.   Also as I'm writting this I'm wondering if there are outsiders on the island, people the tribe banished, other people who can reach the island, a bad guy if you will.  Just a thought, feel free to shoot it down ^_^
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Awesomesauce

RipTide

Very interested! I'll have a character sheet up soon!

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

RipTide

Name: Avelina Kotas

Gender and Orientation:  Female, Straight

Native or Survivor: Survivor

Noteworthy Skills: Cooking, herb identification.

Physical description: With skin the color of creamy caramel and russet waves cascading past her shoulder, Avelina's exotic heritage is hard to miss. She's of average height, standing at about 5'7, and her toned, curvaceous, frame is one she's incredibly proud of. Her eyes match the same deep intense brown as her hair, but if you were to ask her what her favorite part of her body was, she'd answer without hesitation; her legs. They're long, firm, yet shapely with slender ankles and toned calves, and in a pair of killer stilettos, she's surprised if not every man within her radius standing in a puddle of their own drool.

Personality: Some people are quick to mistake Avelina's confidence for arrogance, when Avelina considers herself to be quite compassionate and caring for others, but most people don't get to know her enough before they pass their judgement. For instance, many people don't know that she was... a bit husky in high school and was subject of her fair share of bullying. She's worked hard for her figure, as well as many other aspects in her life, including her career, proving that when she's determined, she won't stop until she gets just what she wants.

Avelina's favorite thing to do is laugh, though she is not always so easily entertained. She doesn't laugh out of pity for someone who tells bad joke, nor will she offer a nervous laugh to ease any awkward tension. She saves it for those pee-your-pants moments, and when she laughs, most people don't miss it. It's rather loud.

Brief History: Her mother left Greece just after Avelina was born, leaving behind an abusive husband and her strict parents, but by no means was Avelina improperly cared for. Her mother had always been her best friend growing up, particularly in the awkward teen years. It didn't help her weight problem that her mother was such a good cook. It was her mother's comfort when she had a bad day at school. But the day she enrolled in culinary school was the day she also promised herself she'd get in shape. No longer could she stand to be the brunt of bad jokes and nasty remarks.

Walking into that classroom the first day of her freshman year was perhaps one of the most satisfying moments in her life. All eyes were on her, but it wasn't negative attention; it had taken her a few moments to realize it at first. Her confidence quickly grew, and she hardly knew what to do with herself, but it wasn't long until she'd landed herself her first boyfriend.

With this same young man she intended to spend the rest of her life with. They graduated college together, and he was there through the stress of opening her own restaurant (inspired by her mother's Greek, home-made cooking). It wasn't long until the two were engaged, and for the honeymoon, there wasn't any question; a Caribbean cruise. And so the big day approached. Invitations went out, the menu planned, flowers ordered, and the dress hanging in her closet. It wasn't until the rehearsal dinner, however, when she found out he was cheating on her with one of the bridesmaids. And so, deciding not to give up the cruise, eager for a temporary escape from her mother's constant concern and her married friends, she packs her suitcase as a single woman, preparing for a trip which hopefully won't remind her of the life she'd looked forward to.

Noteworthy items your character manages to carry with them onto the Island: Her mother's locket fastened securely about her neck, and a knife (she's always prepared to defend herself).

persephone325

I'm interested. Should be able to put up a character sheet soon if you'll have me. :)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

BellaVita

Are we going to keep this even in number of guys/girls? Seems like we're in need of guys right now.

Awesomesauce

We -are- in need of guys, I suppose.
I don't plan on restricting people from creating characters, though.
Hopefully more people make into males and natives.

Sure, persephone. You can join. I'm still not closing the joining period.
Everybody should try to find people interested in playing males/natives. xD

Accepted, RipTide.

persephone325

Name: Willow

Gender and Orientation: Female, Straight

Noteworthy Skills: Extremely intelligent, petite and agile; not a good fighter but an excellent hider, has been able to escape every life threatening situation on the island

Personality: Her intelligence makes her appear somewhat intimidating, so Willow mostly keeps to herself. She is kind, generous and always willing to help others, even if they don't ask for or want her help.

Brief History: Willow was born on the island after her mother and father met on a ship that crashed into it. That being said, they taught her everything they knew about the outside world. It seemed like a strange place to Willow as she heard them describe it. For this island home was all she knew in the world.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island: A sewing kit (from her mother) and medical supplies (from her father).

Ignore the watermark. :)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

BellaVita

Awesomesauce

Accepted.
Be sure to post your brief story though.

persephone325

I will. Just not feeling very well at the moment.
I don't know.

CurvyKitten

Oh color me interested, what are you wanting? I have an idea for a more lone native, but I can work with what ever.

Awesomesauce

Whatever you have in mind is fine.
Try to encourage a few males to join though, please. If you can , I mean.

persephone325

I don't know.

Awesomesauce

persephone325

I don't know.

RipTide

I can work on making a male native character if that's alright! I know we need some men. :)

CurvyKitten

Character Sheet
Name: Kristina Imari Devora

Gender and Orientation: Female, straight bi curious

Native or Survivor : Native

Occupation: General help in the tribes of the island. Maintains the river aqueducts that gets water to the village.

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.):
Building from her father he was an architect and taught her how to build a strong home and other things. Her father started using this skill to help the villages. Get clean water, fortify their homes against the weather and so forth. Kris continues doing this as well.

Skilled fighter ( more speed and agility then strength.) and hunter(hunting with bow and arrow) due to the training she got growing up from her father and a few villagers that they really befriended. She has amazing skill with archery.

Climbing and swing through the jungle, she grew up climbing before she could walk. So it wasn't strange to see she took to staying up in the trees like it was second nature.

Working with animals, for some reason Kris seems to be at ease and able to handle being confronted by the animals on the island. A skill they say came from her mother who was a veterinarian for her regular job but her love was really music.

Singing and playing her mothers cello, though she hasn't played it since her father past. But it has been said that when her or her mother played the the music and the emotion behind it could be heard all over the island.

Physical description:
More Kris

Personality:
Kris is known for her kind hearted nature towards many of the villagers specially the children. Her father always said she had her mothers smile, it light up the world around her. Even with living off on her own she still visits the villages on the island. Trading with them, learning from them, becoming friends with them. She is a survivor, and almost more at home when she is high above the ground. When nearing her home it is indeed smart to look up. Passionate and expressive, she is the type of girl to stand in the rain because she loves the way it feels. Leary of strangers, but those don't happen to often so it isn't something someone see's often. It isn't seen often but Kris has a temper, when finally pushed to where she is angry well they do say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. That was seen once when she had to fight against one of the males that was certain he had rights to her once she was of age. Needless to say, she let him know he wasn't whom she wanted and he'd never have her. Some things in life you had to earn and she was one of them.

Brief History:

Kris was born on the island months after her mother and father's ship crashed on the rocky shores. Her father Nick an world known architect, had decided to sale to the new home he had just finished building for his wife and their soon to be born child. Now normally this would have been fine and he and Amy would have gotten to their new home no problem. Both practiced sailors they thought nothing could shake them. But a huge storm came, one unlike any in the past few years. And tossed their ship every which way, causing it to crash on the shores of a long forgotten island.

At first it was hard, they were so scared that they had lost the baby. So lost and unsure of what to do, or how to survive. Nick did the best he could, but they wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for the islanders that showed up. At first a young boy spotted Nick getting to close to the village, apparently that boy went and told the elders. And soon they came to see what the arrivals were up to. Upon watching the for a while they saw how much trouble they were having. And that the woman was in need of a great deal of help. Seeing how hard the man was trying for the woman. And what he was building even with having to do it with himself. They looked to him with respect, and decided to help them.

Showing themselves finally they came to the young couples aid. Taking them to their village to truly help the woman. They were scared that the child had been lost. The healer said that it hadn't it was just a little lost. Those that were touched my spirits often got lost before they were able to find their way. The couple was confused, but they would try anything to keep their child safe. After two days of being with the healers Nick was finally allowed back into the hut. And Amy happily let his hand come to her stomach to feel their as the healer said little girl kick.

From then on Nick and Amy made friends with those at the village. Building their own house not far from the village itself closer to the river. They built there to monitor and help get water to the villagers. Her father building a working river way straight to the village center. They helped build up and fortify the village houses. Learned how to hunt, work the soil, and survive from the villagers. Her mother learning and teaching how to deal with the animals, helping the healers learn some new as she learned some old. It seemed despite the harsh arrival they had found a place they could still call home. And 5 months later little Kristina was born.

The small blonde haired blue eyed baby made everything her parents had been through worth it. There was nothing more they could want. Kris grew up happy, and full of life and energy. Her curiosity getting her into a few close calls, once she was bit by a snake. And had to fight for her life, but the healers had faith that she was strong enough to come back. She had after all done it once before. A few bumps and bruises a broken arm after a fall from one of her climbing trials. And once she was attacked by one of the renegades of the island. Thinking that when she was 18 that she was old enough to claim as his. Trying to take her away and rape her she fought against him, and thankfully due to the fighting styles she had been taught from a few of the villagers and her ability to get above the ground. She was able to fight him off and get away after injury him. To this day she is still not sure where he ended up or if he is dead. Kris had no idea who found her, but she woke up in the healers hut. Once again fighting against death and winning.

But for the most part Kris grew up strong, nearly fearless, adventurous and just a bit wild. Growing up with connections to the villagers, seeing them as family as well. She learned how to play the cello from her mother, how to build with her hands from her father, and how to hunt, survive, and get around the woods from those in the village. She found herself thankful to have them once her mother died. She grew sick and past quietly in the night. Her father past only 6 months after that, it is still said it was from a broken heart. The day her father died was the last day Kris played the cello. No one knows why, but it is still missed. As the music used to sound through the jungle filling it with emotion and the beauty of it's music.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island : For some reason her mother cellos survived their arrival on the island, some of her fathers tools, a few odds and ends that made their house a home. Most notably the necklace she wears that used to belong to her mother. What ever they could salvage from the boat.

Their tree house

The changes from the pictures, the stairs sway as they are held up by ropes from the top, ropes that can be released to drop the stairs so no one can get up when they are not wanted. Ropes that can be dropped to drop from as well as an elevator that can be stopped by locking the weights in place. There is a turning mill wheel that seems to help provide water to the different area's of the tree house.

Awesomesauce

Approved, Curvy.

That's up to you, RipTide. I don't mind people having multiple characters, limit is two though.
Can't have two survivors though. Two natives are fine.

CurvyKitten

WOOT!

If anyone wants to work out links let me know. Kris may life away from the village but her family was very close with them. She learned a lot from them, was saved by them, and made friends with them. So let me know if you have any ideas.

BellaVita

With so many people, perhaps we should all use headers? Something like this:

[ floatleft][ img]http://IMG URL HERE[/img][/float]
Name:
Where:
Tagged/With:

Without the spaces there next to the floatleft and img. And you would have to size down the picture to a reasonable size. Photobucket can do this for you if you sign up.

It would help a lot if the Natives and Survivors are apart.

CurvyKitten

I used this one when I posted with Kris.

Name: Kristina
Tagging: Open

BellaVita

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 15, 2012, 06:42:33 PM
I used this one when I posted with Kris.

Name: Kristina
Tagging: Open

This is good too.. I would say they can do it any way they like, just as long as the info is there.

DS2K

Got room for another male??

Was thinking I can come in as Dyami (banished) brother if Kdyami doesn't mind
Or maybe an outsiders (modern day pirate/smugger)
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=26009">Profile On/Off List[/url]
---
                Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
                         Number 76:
            Every once in a while, declare peace,
          It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Kdyami

Hmmm banished brother, what did we banish you for?   Both sound cool to me but you got to ask the OP

BellaVita

Quote from: DS2K on September 15, 2012, 07:01:38 PM
Got room for another male??

Was thinking I can come in as Dyami (banished) brother if Kdyami doesn't mind
Or maybe an outsiders (modern day pirate/smugger)

Like a banished tribe member?

CurvyKitten

Well I don't know what your looking for as a character. But there was a villager that attacked Kris in her BG. It would be all kinds of drama if it was Dyami's brother. It's up to you as I don't know what your character would be like. Just a suggestion you can pm me if you'd like.

Devilyn Sydhe

I've been looking for a group game to join, this looks interesting if you still have room, possibly for a native male

BellaVita

Devilyn Sydhe

Name: Sika
Gender and Orientation: Male, Heterosexual

Noteworthy skills: Immense strength, experienced with blades, hunting spears, and an average fisherman, experimenting with animal trap making

Physical Description : Sika is a mountain of a male at nearly 6 ft 6in and built as if carved from the island's own granite, his massive frame covered in a web of tribal markings, primitive tattoos and scarrings, some of which being gifts from the chief for Sika's loyalty and bravery.  He has short black hair and piercing blue eyes which seem to reach into the center of any they become trained upon.  He can be surprisingly agile for his size, though he most often relies upon his strength and fearless nature when hunting prey, of any kind

Personality : Sika is quiet yet typically friendly, though he does have an overprotective streak when it comes to the chief's family and the tribe as a whole, one which might well find him untrusting of strangers coming to the island.  He also has an unspoken soft spot for Mae, having been raised near the leader's family to one day assist the tribe's protector, Dyami

Brief History: Sika was born on the island and his father died in a hunting accident when Sika was just a child, his mother found assistance from the chief and Sika was trained to be a hunter and warrior if ever necessary, this has caused him to feel a loyalty above all else to the chief and by extension his family.  His mother as well has now passed away, leaving Sika without any blood ties though he considers the tribe to be nearly equal to it.  Very recently, however, two girls from the tribe have gone missing, and rumor swirls that Sika was the last one to be seen with each of them (that last part I can take out, just thought it might provide a plot point)

Noteworthy Item: Sika was recently gifted a hunting spear made from the bones of a jungle cat which had been menacing the village, reward for tracking and killing the creature, its hide now hanging upon his hut's wall

Awesomesauce

Approved.

I like the headers idea.
Start using it, if you'd like.
What do you mean by 'Tagging' though? Pairing?

BellaVita

Anon315

Character Sheet
Name: Jeffrey Edwards

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.): Guitar Playing, Food Preparation, Minor Contortion and Sleight of Hand.

Physical description: Just under six feet, Jeffrey is a lean man in fair physical condition. He has the sort of casual look that borders between a slacker and an active slob, but it's intentional. He puts a lot of time into looking as though he doesn't care about his appearance when he actually does quite a bit. His fingers are callused from years of playing the guitar, and there are various burn scars up his arm from years spent on the flat-top grill.

Personality: Jeffrey is a slacker at heart, doing everything he can to succeed without exerting any actual effort outside of his guitar. He's a bit clueless about the world at large, having only moved a short distance from his family when actually moving out on his own. He's a social butterfly but his general naivete leads him to be taken advantage of fairly often. He's also a sucker for a pretty face, which doesn't help him any. A staunch friend and dedicated team member, it is rare to find him alone.

Brief History: Coasting through life, working days at a Waffle House in the Tidewater region of Virginia and spending his night trying to make it as a guitar player and backup vocalist in a rock / cover band, Jeffrey is  trying his hardest to avoid growing up. After a rather sub-par showing at a Community College, he relegated himself to either toiling away as a cook and working his way up to manager, or making it huge as a rock star. When he got the call to be one of the entertainers on a cruise ship, paid decently and not required to do all that much, he leapt at the chance to leave his world behind and make double his current wage while enjoying world class food and travelling to exotic destinations.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island : Guitar (in its case), Blankets from bed (wrapped around a few changes of clothing), Toiletries (including straight razor and sharpening tool)

DS2K

Name MATCHITEHEW: Native American Algonquin name meaning "he has an evil heart."

Noteworthy skills: Strength, leaning blades, hunting spears, an average fisherman, very good at binding knots, sneaking, hiding

Physical Description : While strong he isn't overly muscly, he can hold his own against any of of his own age.
He stands nearly 6 ft, and has yet earn any tribal markings or primitive tattoos.  He has short black hair and dark almost soleless eyes.

Personality: He is very shy and quiet type, he look at all the options, being taking action, which most in the village think is a sign of weakness

Brief History: Born on the island both his father and mother has passed ways when you was 17.
He had his eyes on Mae for a few years but hasn't make a move, waiting to prove himself to the chief of the village as well as to her and her brother

Noteworthy Item: unlike most the Warrior/Guard of the village, who just run in screaming, he is more likely to sneak in and take an enemy out quietly

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=26009">Profile On/Off List[/url]
---
                         Number 76:

BellaVita

People might need to redo their posts.. I was told it was nighttime.. Not the middle of the day.

TheHangedOne

I'm fairly confused as to what time it is, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Kdyami

Ok well we can redo them I assumed it was sunset when the ship was sighted. And then struggle to shore and sunrise when everybody came to.  Whatever everyone wants is fine with me
^_^

Anon315

From the opening post, I had assumed that visibility was nil because of it being rather dark, and the reason there weren't more survivors is because most of them were asleep.

Awesomesauce

It is still night time.
After all, the ship -just- crashed.

I'll be sure to monitor for the right time to make it day time, so it goes with most people's posts.

TheHangedOne

Okay. Is their anything close by that might be of interest to Erik, that he could see from the top of the tree?
Check out my poet tree!

Awesomesauce

By the way, to the Survivor and Native that just posted.
Approved.
Also. Do you guys think I should close this, until later? Lots of people have joined already.

From the top of the tree, Erik should be able to see the wreckage more clearly of course. There's a multitude of corpses along the ship and in the shore. Keep in mind it is night time though. There's whirlpools around 1 KM away from the shore, and they're huge. Might be visible. Other natural phenomenon may occur later on across the whirlpools.
In short, keep in mind the surroundings, and keep whatever you want to see realistic. As long as it makes sense, it's fine. ( Supplies floating, kitchen ware, etc. It was a cruise ship, after all.)

By the way, why is Kristina posting survivor on her heading when she is a native? o-o

TheHangedOne

Okay, that tells me about stuff along the shore/ocean... but what about stuff on the island? Anything, even just vague impressions of the landscape?
Check out my poet tree!

DS2K

Have we started??  Did I miss the post of the url of the story itself??
---
                         Number 76:

RipTide

We did, DS2K. Unfortunately, we're both in the same boat.

Awesomesauce

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151731.0

It's at the top of the thread as well, right besides the title.
Hanged, you would of course get a vague impression of the landscape.
However, it's densely vegetated. You wouldn't be able to see that much, though it's better than nothing.

RipTide

Maybe we should establish a rotation for posting? I mean at this point it might be possible for us to catch up, but that way the plot won't run away before everyone has a chance to respond to an event.

Kdyami

that might not be a bad idea, but having more survivors wash up on shore shouldnt be a big deal at the moment.

BellaVita

I dislike posting rotations.. I feel like people should be smart enough to wait until most of the people have posted before they post something new.

RipTide

Well, I'm just saying a rotation would be better than nothing, because the plot has already accelerated quite quickly. :(

CurvyKitten

Kristina hadn't yet run off yet, she was laying on the branch below him and looking upward. I stated she had a plan to do so in her post but she hadn't actually done it. As not all plans worked right off the bat.

BellaVita

Quote from: RipTide on September 17, 2012, 08:30:41 PM
Well, I'm just saying a rotation would be better than nothing, because the plot has already accelerated quite quickly. :(

The plot hasn't gone anywhere really.. The natives are watching the survivors interact on the beach.. That's it really.

Kdyami

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 17, 2012, 11:11:44 PM
Kristina hadn't yet run off yet, she was laying on the branch below him and looking upward. I stated she had a plan to do so in her post but she hadn't actually done it. As not all plans worked right off the bat.

oops, ok hang on i need to go edit mine too, my bad.

RipTide

QuoteThe plot hasn't gone anywhere really.. The natives are watching the survivors interact on the beach.. That's it really.

On the island that's all that's happened, but the actual boat sinking is kind of a big part of the story, I felt.

Anon315

Jeffrey is not up a tree. Erik is up a tree. Jeffrey is dang near immobilized on the beach.

CurvyKitten

Looking up he could almost hear the wheels turning in Kris’s head. He swore silently to himself, not because he was fairly certain Kris was about to make his life more difficult,

Kris blinks and looks as innocent as possible~

TheHangedOne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 17, 2012, 11:11:44 PM
Sorry, I misread your post. I'll edit mine.

Annnnd, it's edited.
Check out my poet tree!

DS2K

So what's the odds that the natives know what in the Medical bag??

edit post about who's up the tree, thanks
---
                         Number 76:

TheHangedOne

I would say very small considering it's a medical bag from 2012. I suppose it really begs the question of "When did the last batch of natives arrive at the island?".

Edit: They might not even be able to unzipper the thing, because they might not understand how it works. And if they go cutting into the bag to see what's in it, by the by, the bag'll start falling apart at the seams. I know from personal experience that that material is finicky stuff, and doesn't like being damaged. Or patched up, for that matter. <.<
Check out my poet tree!