RP Request (M/F, M/M, MFM, FMF) Hyborian Age, Barbarian/Bronze Age or similar

Started by SheerFantasia, April 09, 2014, 06:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SheerFantasia

Okay, so it seems my inner (quasi)barbarian wants to be unleashed, hence I'm looking for writing partners who are interested in creating/co-authoring a story with me.  I'd like it to be an effort of equal parts on behalf of all partners, rather than having to issue prompts all the way.

CONTENT/WORLD: I'm looking for something equal parts (bloody) action, epic adventure, and romance/sex, that is set within a savage world, generally unexplored world of the low-magic variety.  Civilisation is crude and decadent, and life is often brutish and short for the timid.  The world is not about elegant coats and beautiful dresses carefully embroidered with designs - it is more suited to loincloths and rough-spun tunics, crimson cloaks and bear-skin boats, jewelled breast plates, bronze serpent arm-bands, occasionally punctuated by silks, veils and gauzes.  It is a sort of grim and dark world where people don't think about justice or getting 'even' - they get revenge.

PARTNERS: The sort of personalities involved are best described as 'live for the present' and 'larger than life'.  Those of the fighting profession are best suited; they may even practise a little magic (such as wards, mystic carvings, blood rituals; but I'd prefer to leave full-on sorcery relegated to the bad guys).  I'm not really looking the 'I swing swords and hit things' type or any character that could be regarded as dumb - naive to civilisation is fine for barbaric origins, or the mercenary captain archetype - characters should be marked by a certain degree of practicality and hard intelligence.  People who fight with finesse and elegance aren't really suitable either, but I won't say no if they can be portrayed in a particularly brutal manner.
        Female Characters: Not really looking for the 'chicks in chainmail' type.  They can be stunning, they may be busty and curvaceous, but the character type should not come across as being a bimbo - there should always be a hard edge about them - in short, women who can kick butt.
        Male Characters: I'd like for male characters to be more on the athletic-muscular side rather than 'muscles on on their muscles' sort.  I'm not personally very fond of beards, though stubble is fine.

Hard of body, gusty of laughter, arm-punching friendliness, do-or-die, rivals-today comrades-tomorrow are some of the things that can be used to describe them.  They are the sort of characters that adventure with light loads, so I think to try to avoid the knight in armour type of warriors - they're the sort who are proud of their bodies and not afraid to show it off (however unintentionally).

SEX/SMUT/ROMANCE:  Given the nature of the era, I'm more in the mood for something relatively vanilla with regards to these (maybe a kink or two later to keep it interesting, but mostly vanilla).  Whatever the case, it should be characterised by passion and strength, lip-biting kisses, scratching nails, hair-pulling, hoarse cries, smouldering glances and other such displays common to the genre (where lust and romance are generally synonymous).
        Characters can be heterosexual or bixsexual (almost a given for male characters, as I'll be playing a male myself).  If there is enough interest, there can even be MFM or MMF

PLOT: This is pretty open ended, but it can easily start with treasure hunting/robbing from some grim temple or ruin (a time honoured classic).  At any rate, open for discussion.

Other than these, I think the pictures give fairly good indications of the feel I'm looking to capture in this RP.  Feel free to PM me or just post your interest here (as this isn't my main request page).  I see this as mainly a 1 on 1 effort, but 3 writer (including) myself should be the maximum number of players.  Many thanks for reading!

SAMPLE PICTURES
<I'd like the story to embody the feel of these pictures>