X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Bloodied Porcelain

It is when you've gone from having millions at your disposal and parents who would buy you anything you want, to having to strip for whatever you get. The fact that she gets big tips is the only reason she has any money at all. :p
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Ryven

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 05:30:12 PM
Three isn't the bare minimum though.  That would be 1. :P

Again, compared to what she's used to, it's bare minimum. Strippers (good ones anyway) make really good money, but it's still nothing compared to what she's used to having.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 05:31:14 PM
Again, compared to what she's used to, it's bare minimum. Strippers (good ones anyway) make really good money, but it's still nothing compared to what she's used to having.

Ah, I see. I know exactly what you are going for. Big tastes is more of a disadvantage though then just saying she's penniless. You could have her disadvantage be having a hard time understanding downsizing.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 05:35:01 PM
Ah, I see. I know exactly what you are going for. Big tastes is more of a disadvantage though then just saying she's penniless. You could have her disadvantage be having a hard time understanding downsizing.

QuoteHaving grown up knowing excessive wealth, being on her own with no ties to her family hasn't been easy on her... she's had to learn how to live on her own with only the bare minimum.

She doesnt have big tastes, per say. She's just not used to the concept that money... You know... runs out. She's also had to work her way up from literally having nothing to not even being true middle class after being in the lap of luxury her whole life.

Amelita

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 05:31:14 PM

I'd think the system is for comparison between the various characters, not the character's prior and current status, so penniless sounds like it should be a 1 regardless of her history. But then, you could have something like 'great loss of luxury' or something as a disadvantage instead (keeping the 3), with your explanation which sounds reasonable as it is, no?

Just a thought ::)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 05:39:14 PM
She doesnt have big tastes, per say. She's just not used to the concept that money... You know... runs out. She's also had to work her way up from literally having nothing to not even being true middle class after being in the lap of luxury her whole life.

Understandable. It just seems strange with having Penniless as a disadvantage and having wealth 3. It's a small nitpick so it's up to your and the GM's indiscretion.
Master ON/OFF

Moraline

* BAMF ! *

Holy Smokes! There's been like 11 pages since I posted my character yesterday!

How's everyone doing? I'd ask if I missed anything.. but I'm thinking .... yah! 

*teleports back to read it all.. .. then BAMF! poofs back into the room*

Kuroneko

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 04:29:37 PM
I call pilot seat. :P

As long as maintaining the Danger Room is Forge's purview ;)

Ben and Forge should get along well, at any rate :-)

Also, in case no one noticed on my edited sheet, Novak and I have worked it out that Victor is Logan's son. BOOM!
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Amelita on May 20, 2014, 05:39:43 PM
I'd think the system is for comparison between the various characters, not the character's prior and current status, so penniless sounds like it should be a 1 regardless of her history. But then, you could have something like 'great loss of luxury' or something as a disadvantage instead (keeping the 3), with your explanation which sounds reasonable as it is, no?

Just a thought ::)

If there was a better word for how it relates to her, I would go with that, but penniless is the only one that fits. People are focusing entirely too much on the word and kind of ignoring the explanation. -.-

Her money comes in regularly, so it doesn't work as a 1 or 2, because it's not like social security which isn't enough to get by on, and it's a regular income so it's not free-lance either. I figure if she's living at the school and attending classes but still working, that money goes a heck of a lot further so it would rank around a 3.

Divine Tenacity

Think I'm going to drop Spiderwoman. That was a totally impulsive move on my part.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

AribethAmkiir

How is it a disadvantage compared to other characters?  Especially those who have a lower wealth value than she does?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 20, 2014, 05:26:30 PM
Wealth of 3 doesn't seem like it should be a disadvantage.
Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 05:28:12 PM
It is when you've gone from having millions at your disposal and parents who would buy you anything you want, to having to strip for whatever you get. The fact that she gets big tips is the only reason she has any money at all. :p

I think it works as a Disadvantage, but rather than the disadvantage being Penniless its really just more that she always wants/expects more. So more attitude rather than wallet based I think? :)

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 05:45:22 PM
As long as maintaining the Danger Room is Forge's purview ;)

Ben and Forge should get along well, at any rate :-)

Also, in case no one noticed on my edited sheet, Novak and I have worked it out that Victor is Logan's son. BOOM!

I'd like to have Connor apprentice under Forge if that's alright. I mean, the dude knows Mechanics and was previously working at an automotive shop before he received his powers and tried to distance himself from society by quitting his job.

And Victor is the son of Fem Logan?! Yoooooooooooo~ who the daddy?

Quote from: Moraline on May 20, 2014, 05:45:05 PM
* BAMF ! *

Holy Smokes! There's been like 11 pages since I posted my character yesterday!

How's everyone doing? I'd ask if I missed anything.. but I'm thinking .... yah! 

*teleports back to read it all.. .. then BAMF! poofs back into the room*

Well the front page, second comment, has Orange updating the accepted characters if that interests you. :)

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 05:47:17 PM
If there was a better word for how it relates to her, I would go with that, but penniless is the only one that fits. People are focusing entirely too much on the word and kind of ignoring the explanation. -.-

Her money comes in regularly, so it doesn't work as a 1 or 2, because it's not like social security which isn't enough to get by on, and it's a regular income so it's not free-lance either. I figure if she's living at the school and attending classes but still working, that money goes a heck of a lot further so it would rank around a 3.

Well, the explanation seems more akin to having troubles adjusting to a new class of wealth. I don't see a reason to change it if that's the explanation.

Quote from: Midori Sadi on May 20, 2014, 05:47:56 PM
Think I'm going to drop Spiderwoman. That was a totally impulsive move on my part.

Aaaaaaaaaaaw. Ok. :/
Master ON/OFF

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 20, 2014, 05:51:37 PM
I think it works as a Disadvantage, but rather than the disadvantage being Penniless its really just more that she always wants/expects more. So more attitude rather than wallet based I think? :)

Exactly. Like I said, if I had a better word for it I'd use that. That's why I included the explanation to say she's USED to having more and so learning to make the transition from obscene wealth to average at best has been difficult for her.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Midori Sadi on May 20, 2014, 05:47:56 PM

Spider-Woman + Spider-Man (miles version) could have been amusing, but do what makes you feel good! :)

Any ideas on what you'll make instead?

Divine Tenacity

I think I'm going to leave off on a second character for now. Or... or!

I might come back and revisit her later in the RP, if thats okay with you Orange?
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Moraline

* BAMF ! *

So are we allowed to start developing relationships with other characters?

If so, I'd like to talk to someone that's a teacher. 

Nightcrawler was supposedly getting tutored so she could catch up. It would make sense if I knew at least one of the teachers before we begin.

Dirtythesnapper

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 05:53:06 PM
Exactly. Like I said, if I had a better word for it I'd use that. That's why I included the explanation to say she's USED to having more and so learning to make the transition from obscene wealth to average at best has been difficult for her.

Lives above her means. Lavish.
True justice is quite simply the will of the Emperor.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Dirtythesnapper on May 20, 2014, 05:57:56 PM
Lives above her means. Lavish.

Nope.

That said...

QuoteRiches - to - Rags – Having grown up knowing excessive wealth, being on her own with no ties to her family hasn't been easy on her... she's had to learn how to live on her own with only the bare minimum compared to what she is used to. Budgeting, planning ahead financially, etc are all concepts that are new to her, as she was used to growing up with more than enough money that the concept of financial planning meant paying someone else to manage your stock portfolio and ensure your bills got paid on time.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Moraline on May 20, 2014, 05:57:25 PM
* BAMF ! *

Nightcrawler was supposedly getting tutored so she could catch up. It would make sense if I knew at least one of the teachers before we begin.

I believe you are free to start developing relationships. I've been doing that with a few people through the forum and PM.

Speaking of which, we are probably gonna have an OC forum soon.
Master ON/OFF

Kuroneko

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 05:52:16 PM
I'd like to have Connor apprentice under Forge if that's alright. I mean, the dude knows Mechanics and was previously working at an automotive shop before he received his powers and tried to distance himself from society by quitting his job.

And Victor is the son of Fem Logan?! Yoooooooooooo~ who the daddy?

Heh, no idea at this point.

Sure, that sounds like a plan with Connor and Forge. He's a real Rez kid though. Connor might find him a little weird, lol.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Moraline on May 20, 2014, 05:57:25 PM
* BAMF ! *

Moraline, both Forge and Logan are teachers, so feel free to PM me if you like.