Batman for Marvel

Started by Batman4560, July 03, 2013, 11:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascalence

Quote from: Seranova on July 13, 2013, 02:48:27 PM
How are those O/Os going, Cas?

*glances at his cup of ice*
*eyes Seranova warily*  Uhm...uh...well...I think I've got the basic premise down >>...I'm sure I'll have more to edit in with time, but for now...I've done all I can come up with.  If you have questions about anything, you can ask.  I'm pretty flexible...*fidgets*  ...My O/Os list looks really pathetic, though ><
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

Seranova

They loook good enough to get started, at least.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Demigod1945

You know I seriously thought that I would be approved by now.

EndofDivine

Well Demi, I poked around your introduction thread and I think I can give you some advice that might help. I'd say your biggest issue is that you aren't really selling yourself very well...you're just kinda answering their questions and that's it. They want to get to know you as a person not as just another person applying to their forums. Instead of just doing one line replies, add some flavor to it. Tell stories about yourself that relate to the question or explain in detail why you answered a certain way. Instead of saying "I would go to Sweden, because they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world" you could say something like "I would choose to go to Sweden. The people there are really interesting and the country has a very unique culture that you can't really find anywhere else. It's also a beautiful country- nothing is more beautiful to me than a snow covered forest." Just something like that to add some personality.

Anyway, I hope that can help you. I'm rooting for ya, Demi. Good luck and hope you're not waiting too much longer.

Demigod1945

Quote from: EndofDivine on July 13, 2013, 05:10:25 PM
Well Demi, I poked around your introduction thread and I think I can give you some advice that might help. I'd say your biggest issue is that you aren't really selling yourself very well...you're just kinda answering their questions and that's it. They want to get to know you as a person not as just another person applying to their forums. Instead of just doing one line replies, add some flavor to it. Tell stories about yourself that relate to the question or explain in detail why you answered a certain way. Instead of saying "I would go to Sweden, because they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world" you could say something like "I would choose to go to Sweden. The people there are really interesting and the country has a very unique culture that you can't really find anywhere else. It's also a beautiful country- nothing is more beautiful to me than a snow covered forest." Just something like that to add some personality.

Anyway, I hope that can help you. I'm rooting for ya, Demi. Good luck and hope you're not waiting too much longer.
Thank you very much for the advice

Kepesk

Quote from: Cascalence on July 13, 2013, 02:05:04 PM
*stare*  Shrug?  You're gonna shrug at me...?  *crosses arms and pouts*  Who shrugs at chips and dip...?
:shrug: Just not that big on barbecue, that's all.
Oh, don't pout!
And who mixes bbq & ranch anyhow? =p
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

Cascalence

Quote from: Kepesk on July 13, 2013, 05:31:48 PM
:shrug: Just not that big on barbecue, that's all.
Oh, don't pout!
And who mixes bbq & ranch anyhow? =p

*stares*
*takes a bbq chip, dips it in the ranch dip, and puts it in her mouth, crunching it, all while staring*
Me, that's who.  Got a problem with it?  Huh?  *sticks out tongue*
Who needs your cherry coke zero...I'm off to the store to get diet A&W now anyway....
Laters, guys.

Kepesk

Quote from: Cascalence on July 13, 2013, 05:46:26 PM
*stares*
*takes a bbq chip, dips it in the ranch dip, and puts it in her mouth, crunching it, all while staring*
Me, that's who.  Got a problem with it?  Huh?  *sticks out tongue*
Who needs your cherry coke zero...I'm off to the store to get diet A&W now anyway....
Laters, guys.
lol When I first read that, I thot you were gonna shove the chip in my mouth...! xD
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

Cascalence

Quote from: Kepesk on July 13, 2013, 06:27:00 PM
lol When I first read that, I thot you were gonna shove the chip in my mouth...! xD
xD I should've. XP
*paws at the rp thread* No one's posted in over 24 hours. *sniffles*  Dun't let it diiiieeeee...
DEMI!
Get over there and post *jabs with a spork*

Demigod1945

Quote from: Cascalence on July 13, 2013, 07:02:12 PM
xD I should've. XP
*paws at the rp thread* No one's posted in over 24 hours. *sniffles*  Don't let it diiiieeeee...
DEMI!
Get over there and post *jabs with a spork*
*clutches bleeding spork shaped hole* ok jeez. sorry Rl been a little busy, I'll go post something.

Cascalence

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 13, 2013, 10:31:07 PM
*clutches bleeding spork shaped hole* ok jeez. sorry Rl been a little busy, I'll go post something.
Lol, sorry.  Didn't realize rl had been so busy for ya.  Take your time, in that case.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Cascalence on July 13, 2013, 10:38:22 PM
Lol, sorry.  Didn't realize rl had been so busy for ya.  Take your time, in that case.
No your fine, I should have let everyone know what the cause of my absence was. And I'm writing as we speak.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Cascalence on July 13, 2013, 10:38:22 PM
Posted!!!!

Cascalence

Demigod1945

I know it's short but it's all I have at the moment.

Cascalence

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 13, 2013, 10:50:12 PM
I know it's short but it's all I have at the moment.
It's ffiinnnee~
Well, I doubt if we're going to do more posting tonight, but...it's a step toward the right direction, toward getting it moving again.

Demigod1945

Well guys my application has been put on hold until January.

Cascalence

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 14, 2013, 01:28:07 AM
Well guys my application has been put on hold until January.
Yeah, we noticed that...I'm sorry to hear it Demi.  You gonna stick around or just go inactive till then?

Demigod1945

I don't know, It did make me upset though. I don't know how I'm not good for the community.

Demigod1945

Cascalence

EndofDivine

Yikes. Six months is a long time. So sorry you didn't make it but we're still here for you if you decide you want to stick around. If not, that's fine too and I think everyone would understand.

Demigod1945

Quote from: EndofDivine on July 14, 2013, 10:24:49 AM
Yikes. Six months is a long time. So sorry you didn't make it but we're still here for you if you decide you want to stick around. If not, that's fine too and I think everyone would understand.
I've decided that I'm gonna stick around, just because they didn't approve me doesn't mean I should abandon something that I am already involved with. That and you I like my character s to much to stop playing them. I am upset and kinda annoyed at the approval team, but hey I think it is their lost lol.

Cascalence

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 14, 2013, 10:40:51 AM
I've decided that I'm gonna stick around, just because they didn't approve me doesn't mean I should abandon something that I am already involved with. That and you I like my character s to much to stop playing them. I am upset and kinda annoyed at the approval team, but hey I think it is their lost lol.
Sweet~
Well, we'll probably be posting this evening.  I don't think we're all fully awake yet; I know I'm not, lol

Demigod1945

I have to say though, the way they restrict unapproved people makes little sense.
Quote from: Cascalence on July 14, 2013, 10:42:59 AM
Sweet~
Well, we'll probably be posting this evening.  I don't think we're all fully awake yet; I know I'm not, lol
Awesome can't wait.