Sword Art Online (Freeform -Recruiting Currently Closed)

Started by Daril, July 01, 2014, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

Wait, we're filling out all twelve skill slots right off the bat?  We're not starting with a smaller number of slots and adding to them as the timeline progresses?

I was planning to use this image to represent my new character's in game appearance (assuming people don't think she looks too much like a palette swap  :P).  Problem is she's from a fantasy series so I don't have any good images to represent what she'd look like in "real world" clothing.  That's why I'd like some flexibility with the "Appearance" section.  There may be other players in a similar boat.

Edit: Switched the topic title to say that recruiting is currently closed since you indicated that a few posts back.  Please let me know if you would like that changed.

pendarious

the series apparently alots all 12 slots right off the bat it's just up to the players how many they want to fill *shrugs*

regarding the image flexibility honestly....and rather brutally so it sounds like a personal problem to me. The reason I'm not changing it is because most people don't recreate themselves in games (in the sense of making their characters look closely to themselves) so even if the in game image doesn't fit with modern clothes the player and the character images are still going to be different (probably though it's not entirely impossible for them to look the same) and as such you only really need to comment that she would look the same just in more modern clothes in real life *shrugs* it's no hassle to just say so.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Daril

Clarification: my intention is for the image to represent what she looks like in game after the mirror reveal, not before.  But yeah I guess the "imagine the in game image in real world clothes" thing should work.

I plan to get my character profile up soon but there's one more thing I should probably clarify that others may also find useful.  What's allowable in terms of starting weaponry and equipment?  I imagine exotic weapons like katanas are out, but how basic do things need to be?  For example canonically I think characters need a certain amount of experience with one handed swords before they can unlock two handed ones, but past games had people starting off with some pretty big blades.  How are we working that sort of thing here?

Edit: Just noticing that the SAO wiki indicates new players start with two skill slots and that Kirito had twelve at level 96.  Of course this is the same wiki that says that One Handed Straight Sword has to be trained quite a bit before Rapier is unlocked despite Asuna using a Rapier since her first appearance.  :P

pendarious

well the light novels and games themselves never mentioned starting skill slots so I still have research to do....COOL! I like learning new things about shows I like. but I digress. In regards to weapons well mostly nothing terribly exotic beyond one handed swords or basic spears or whatever once youve accumulated roughly 10 levels (10,000 exp) or so in a skill then you can upgrade to two hand or rapier or katana or whatever your choice is.

as for Asuna when she first appeared they had already been in AINCRAD for two months so in that time it's easy to get beyond the first tiers of your weapons.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Daril

Posted my new character to the OOC thread.  For the time being I'm only giving her two skill slots as per the wiki.  If you want me to change that (or something else) then let me know.  ;)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=208272.msg10234543#msg10234543

Zaer Darkwail

So, we use two skill slots in start then? But unlock over time total 10? Would heavy armor and shield use both count as a skill?

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, I read bit wiki here; http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

So, 2 slots in start is confirmed deal. But you can have any amount of skills but limited skill slots.

Daril

Any of the rest of you who expressed interest planning to make a profile and join in?  I expected the group to shrink a bit before the game actually started but not down to only four players.

Snake

I am though I havent' seen much past the first 4 episodes of it.

Daril

Hey Pendarious, it seems we've only had a few people post profiles to the OOC thread so far.  Why don't we give people until the end of the weekend and then get started with what we've got so far?  It may be harsh but sometimes deadlines are necessary to get things moving.

pendarious

Opening game thread sometime monday evening to early tuesday morning.

ZephySempai

akirakaneda

pendarious

Silk

my apologies for my posting delay, I've had a new set of exams thrusted on me so i'm stressing over those.

pendarious