Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

New Character sheet: Tekno-logic
Character:

Code-Name:
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Remains neutral and is too stubbourn to be suaded by either side, however adors working with the kids at the acadamy.
Position at the School: University masters degree, and proffessional teacher of performing arts.

Appearance:

Hair: dark brown/black, usually shoulder length.
Eyes: grey/blue
Skin: far from tan but not pale
Height: 5’8”
Other: Has a generous figure with some modest curves. Normally wears jenes and t-shirts.

Date Of Birth: 8/10/1985
Place Of Birth: Cardiff, s. Wales
Citizenship: UK Citizen, Work Visa for USA

Information:

Personality:
Creative in most art forms, intel;ligent with quite alot of patience for kids and teenagers. Quite calm most of the time and does not form opinions rashly, likes to think about things first. Her moral compas though she likes to think it neutral she tends to do far more good then she realizes and has a deeply caring nature.

Background:
Louise worked hard at school to make her mom proud since her dad was not around to help out financially. She found she liked drama and performing arts and persued a career in that. She had some expirience acting and singing and dancing once she graduated from university and went to america to find work.

Sexuality: She's never given much thought to sex and sexuality, she has yet to explore any form of it.

Mother:

Name: Jane Faulkner
Race: human

Father:

Name: unknown
Race: mutant, unknown powers

Other Relatives: None

Powers:
Major: Unknown as of yet

Later she developes the power to project her thoughts through radio's televisions and make any electronic device do as she wants.

Power Limitations:
At first she can't control when her thoughts get projected through radios etc, and she has alot of difficulty controlling the objects till she learns to control her powers.

Hobbies and Interests:

Art, drawing/painting, reading, music, animals.

Kendra

Quote from: EroticWinged on January 28, 2011, 10:37:38 AM
Thanks, Kendra.  Should I wait for other GM approvals before moving character sheet to the BIO's thread?

You need at least two more GM's to approve you before moving your character bio over ;)

Akumamika - I'm confused - you're character is 26 years old but hasn't come into her major ability yet?
How much later will it be before her power to project her thoughts comes about? It just seems an awfully late stage in her life to be gaining any mutant abilities when she will in effect be a human in a mutant school.

Malgriff

think about it she was raised by her mother as human so she wouldnt have even thought about her powers till recently.

Adonis

Im with Kendra on this one Aku. She's 26, most powers develop at puberty. Mommy and daddy would have noticed something, and so would she by now. No powers = no entrance to Xaviers in a teaching, much less a student position. And from what I can see, her bio in no way shape or form justifies her as an "Independent", or neutral, faction member from what I can see. Please extend her bio, and help us make a little more sense of the age/power issue.

EroticWinged - Thanks a ton for the edit, the sheet now has my approval as well.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Malgriff

you know what forget it, if you want generic characters fine i'll take my interest elsewhere.

Featherfall

Okay, let's see if this guy is a bit more acceptable. Basically the same, except, you know, no black holes.

Character:

Code-Name: non yet: will be Mazer
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: single
Team Affiliation: Independent at intro; would like his recruiting to be a sort of mini-story arc if at all possible.
Position at the School: student

Appearance:

Hair: black
Eyes: N/A
Skin: white
Weight: 126
Height: 5'9"
Other: effectively blind (see powers)

Date Of Birth: 6/26
Place Of Birth: Portland, Oregon
Citizenship: United States

Information:

Personality: A loner who is extremely bitter about his situation due to his powers. It's not that he hates people, he just doesn't think that they could possibly relate to him, and the sympathy he gets is grating. He has no intention of letting anyone in, and is not above using people to make himself feel better. It has been this way for so long that even he used to forget he was a normal, kind-hearted boy at one point.

Background:

It was the Olympics; they never told ME which year, and I never asked. But my parents met at the Olympics. Dad had fled to America to escape the religious persecution of the Soviet Communist regime. He had struggled to learn English, even 'Americanized' his name to George, and never looked back. Every time I asked, he swore that he completely forgot Russian. What he didn't forget, was the art of Sambo that he took with him. Already a "Kandidat Master" when he left, he was always bragging about how much better he'd gotten with age; like vodka he assured me. He was actually in the midst of one of Sambo's numerous attempts to be recognized as a legitimate sport when he caught the tale end of the women's judo competition. There he saw her, competing against those that were just a shade her better, sweating, struggling never surrendering.

Glorious, his father hand told him. The woman was perfectly glorious. If Mom was ever in the room, she would punch him in the arm playfully, and then they'd make kissy faces at each other. I'd gag and leave the room. Meh, I guess that's what love was; cheesy one-liners, cheesy affections, and making children dry-heave.

So yeah, as you can guess, I grew up in a very combat-sports-oriented family. Most father's take their sons fishing; mine taught me how to bend knees the wrong way. Most mothers get upset at their sons fighting. Mine would get upset if I would lose, and then take me out to show me what I did wrong, what I should have done instead. Then Dad would come home from work and repeat his own version of the lesson. I learned not to lose very quickly in life. Hey, I'm not trying to say I'm Bruce Lee or anything; I doubt I'm even of national caliber, let alone Olympic. I mean, I probably could have been, but after...no...I don't want to think about that...

So yeah, you get the idea; normal parents buy toy trains, mine pulled strings to get me memberships to kickboxing gyms. I suppose you could say they were perfect to raise an, how did that one teacher say it, "overly energetic young boy". So you can imagine they were a little lost when they went and had another baby, and surprise surprise, it was a girl.

Jane...

Um, yeah...so Mom and Pops were all like, "We don't know how to raise a daughter!" and pretty much invited everyone even distantly related--Mom's side of course--to Jane's baby shower. After all, how could those two raise a prim, proper daughter after the way they spoiled me (hey, they say tomato, you say 'child abuse')? I decided to keep the irony of Dad and especially Mom of all people having that viewpoint to myself; funnier that way, and safer, too.

Wait, what were we talking about? The baby shower? No, not that...I won't talk about that!!

I was just carrying her, okay!? I was just tossing her gently up, she loved that! Then she started to cry, so I stopped and held her close, just giving her that stupid baby talk you give them to let them know, 'I love you and all, but shut up.'

Then she started to boil.

Look, I'm not an idiot, and the shouts of "Freak!" and "Abomination!" kind of gave it away. Didn't exactly help me at the time though, did it? Especially when my own father knocked me on my ass while my mother ripped my sister from my hands. I looked up while my father stared at me like he didn't even know me, my mother looking at my sister and crying. I did the only thing I could do.

I ran. Ran for, I don't know how long. Month, year? You'd be surprised how easily you lose track of time when you don't care. Homeless shelters, bridges, streets,wearing tattered rags, I don't know how many times I got sick, how many times I avoided questions like, 'who are you,' and 'where did you come from'.

Where am I, anyway?

Mother:

Name: Rebecca

Father:

Name: George

Other Relatives: Sister (Jane, status unknown)

Powers:

Major
James has the ability to emit microwaves from his hands. This power can boil anything with water in it if exposed to James' hands for a period of time, depending on how high he sets the frequency, which he currently has no control over. If he could get sufficient control over it, he could eventually concentrate the microwaves into a 'mazer' beam as an offensive weapon.

Minor

Eventually, James may be able to use his power as a radar of sorts.
Power Limitations:

1.) These microwaves only emerge from his hands: they can not emit from any other part of his body, now or ever.

2.) Right now control is spadoric; he has to concentrate very hard to get it started, though in moments of extreme emotion, like most mutants, they can act up.

3.) If it doesn't have water, than James can't burn or boil it; concrete, dead trees, and the like are immune to James' powers.
Hobbies and Interests:

Sambo/Judo/Kickboxing
Nature...listening

OOC Ons and Offs: See my profile

I realize that Firestar had similar abilities, but I had James' be downgraded exponentially, and a bit more realistically (not using mircowaves to cause anything to burst into flames, for example)

Adonis

Quote from: Akumamika on January 28, 2011, 03:15:50 PM
you know what forget it, if you want generic characters fine i'll take my interest elsewhere.

Aku - ^ That, makes not a dam bit of sense. If I wanted "generic" characters, do you think ANY of these guys/gals would have gotten in? Yes, we look at the powers you work into the character to see if they work with the levels of the game balance. However, that was not where the issue stemmed from. Starting from the top, as I stated in my earlier post, Team Affiliation was listed as "neutral", or as we termed it, "Independent". In the very first post, which I'm assuming that you only took the time to pull the template off of, it states that you need a very good reason to remain Independent, and we expect to see that reflected in her bio. This was clearly ignored, skipped, or you may have missed that altogether.

The background is what we look at more than anything else, as it ties in their affiliation, backstory, and whole reason for coming to Xavier's. It's only three sentences long, compared to everything else that we've allowed through, this would be not even close to bare minimum. There is no detail in there whatsoever other than dad wasn't around, she likes singing and dancing, and she moved to America. The other thing that caught our eyes was that the sexuality sentence/category is twice the font size of everything else, emphasizing it and giving us as GM's that it's the only thing you're interested in.

The last thing that we looked at overall, was did the sheet make sense. The ultimate answer that we unanimously came up with was "no". She's 26, has no inkling that she's a mutant because she didn't "recognize" it, because she was raised by her mother, yet she's still applying to teach at a school for the "Gifted" where they come to learn, harness, and improve their abilities.

In the very first post, you were warned that we would be selective, and that is what was shown here.

Myself, Kendra, Secret, and Lady Lunarius have worked very, very hard on this, and the flip comment about the quality that we allow as well as the "holier than thou" attitude behind it, are more than a little insulting (to me personally most of all). I hope your interests, wherever you take them, are filled and you find an enjoyable role-playing experience.

EroticWinged - Go ahead and move the sheet over, as we're down a GM at the moment. I'll talk with Luna next time I see her and let her know.

FeatherFall - Muuuch better. For the sake of safety though, we'll have to get him some gloves to wear at all times (unless he's in the danger room) at least until he learns some modicum of control. That aside, this newer version has my approval.

Aether - Of course ! Just check out the first post in this thread, everything you need should be there. If you find you have any questions, toss any one of us a PM, and we'll get back to ya ASAP.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Kendra

EroticWinged:  'twas Padja! lol can't believe you remembered that ;)

FeatherFall: love the new power and take on it as well as limitations and it has my approval providing as Adonis as stated, we get 'mega special gloves' on them there hands ;)

We always have openings :)
in fact we have openings for ... ~ Residential Advisor [male, College level Student] ~
                                                  ~ School Psychiatrist ~
                                                  ~ Groundskeeper ~
                                                 ~ Literature/Philosophy Professor ~ -- currently played by a GM npc

or if you'd rather be a student - there's those too ;)

Featherfall

To paraphrase Doctor Who, 'special gloves are cool'. ;)

Would we be able to do the whole they-try-and-recruit-him-while-he's-still-on-the-run story?

Kendra

Quote from: Featherfall on January 29, 2011, 07:30:28 AM
To paraphrase Doctor Who, 'special gloves are cool'. ;)

Would we be able to do the whole they-try-and-recruit-him-while-he's-still-on-the-run story?

I'm sure we can oblige you in that matter.
I'll have the doctor and perhaps one of the professors show up if you like.
We can discuss it further in the game.
post your bio up in the character bio thread and welcome to the game.

EroticWinged --- I do apologise, I'll unlock the character thread for you.

Aether

I am a gonna work up a bio for the collegiate residential adviser, if thats okay!

I just got home from work and have to go back in 7 hours.

I have another Marvel character I am finishing up for another thread because I was unsure of where this one was going, so it will be some time tomorrow before I send the GMs anything.

Thank you all for the chance to write with you and for your patience!

^.^  ^.^  ^.^

Kendra

Not a bother Aether, we look forward to seeing what you have to offer.

Arkaniel

I am considering joining. I have a rough character outline in mind, and I'll be writing it out over the next few hours.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Arkaniel

Character:

Code-Name: Meltdown
Ethnicity: Caucasian-American
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: So far independent, though not exactly by choice. He is a new, young mutant that is unaffiliated, but I hope he will be recruited to Xavier’s Institute.
Position at the School: Prospective student, High School Junior(if an issue, I can age him and he can be a freshman in College, or even be a teacher. I am okay with that.

Appearance:

Hair: Short, dark and naturally messy. A shade between brown and black.
Eyes:Blue
Skin: Lightly tanned –white-
Weight: 185 lbs
Height: 6’1”
Other: none distinguishable, except a seeming fiery glow around him when he brings his powers to the front.

Date Of Birth: Playing year – 17 (17th September 1993)
Place Of Birth: Fort William - Scotland
Citizenship: British

Information:

Personality: Very self-conscious and serious, with the occasional mischievous mood. He is thoughtful and introvert, a bit shy really, as a result of his upbringing and how his mutation came to be. He needs to learn how to have fun (again), especially around people his own age.

Background:

Born to the active environmentalists, Anthony grew up ‘green’ fro ma very young age. He only went to primary school. Afterwards, he was home-taught by his parents. Only, they –him included- were never at home. Ever since he was old enough to be more or less independent, his parents took him with them on their expeditions. They went to the rainforest, joining protests and investigations into the long-term effects of deforesting. They travelled to both the north and south pole, protesting against the incessant global warming and the danger to both the fresh water supple and the thousands of species that would grow extinct if the polar ice kept melting.

It was on one of these trips, no more than a year ago, their boat, filled with other environmentalists and activists, crashed into an iceberg. The ship sunk, but most survived, swimming in the icy water, where they would face their deaths by frostbite. Fear gripped around them, a struggle began as everyone wanted a place in the far too small lifeboat –the ship had been unsafely overcrowded to begin with-.

A kick pushed Anthony out of the boat, into the icy water, where he  panicked in the freezing cold. It was then, in his fear, his X-gene activated, causing his body temperature to soar through the roof. Suddenly, the water around him was no longer freezing, but lukewarm. The cold air didn’t bother him any more and… he would live, staying afloat with only a piece of wood from the boat to support him. The others, coming closer to him, were saved as well from frostbite or sub cooling and drowning, thanks to his radiating heat. That was how they survived till the rescue ship arrived two days later.

His parents’ silence should have tipped Anthony off that not everyone was as pleased with his fortunate mutation. They called him a freak, an abomination of nature against everything they stood for. They didn’t want him anymore… and he ran, he ran from the harbour in Iceland, as the cries of freak and mutant drew more haters, chasing him away.

He no longer had a home, he no longer had a family and was left to wander, trying to find food and a place to stay, usually up north, as he felt most comfortable in the cold no, travelling from Iceland to Greenland and from there to Canada, hiding aboard cargo ships, too afraid of others calling him a freak again

Mother:

Name: Lara McCavendish
Race: Human

Father:

Name: David Michaels

Other Relatives:

none

Powers:

Internal Pyrokinetic energy generation: Can be applied in many ways eventually. For now, it mainly gives him a higher body temperature than most, allowing him to persevere through extreme cold. He can also focus this internal energy somewhat into external energy. His control is limited so far, however and all he can manage now is to create glows of coalescing, almost fiery heat in his cupped hands, which he can toss (for now, these balls of fire/heat fizzle out before he can actually hit any target beyond ten feet). He can also heat up things he touches till they are boiling or melting.

Eventual power potential:
-Shooting rays of ‘heat’ from his hands, requiring a lot of practice and focus.
-Perhaps controlled short flight or elevated jumps.

Power Limitations:

He feels very uncomfortable in hot weather. It makes him feel feverish, unless he finds ways to burn off some of his perpetually building energy. As his body is generating this body heat, he burns a lot of calories, so he has a very high metabolism, especially when he uses his powers. A lack of sufficient food will make him ‘fizzle’ out, which will feel like an instant cold, so when in possible situations where he needs to use a lot of power, he will be dependable on energy drinks and bars to keep him going.

While not particularly vulnerable or invulnerable to bruises, broken bones or any other similar ailments –just like a standard human-, cuts or other bleeding wounds pose a bit of a danger, as his body heat, usually contained by his skin, unless he focuses otherwise, will seep out through the wound, till it is sealed vacuum or healed.

Hobbies and Interests:

Reading, the environment and snowboarding.

OOC Ons and Offs:   

I am open to anything, though I lean more to the dominant side. Only restriction: I play only heterosexual. And I prefer one on one relationships over multiple partners, though I am not against it.

Kendra

Arkaniel you have my approval.
Please wait for the other GM's to give you the thumbs up before moving your bio to the game.

We request that you also keep any questions or interest posts here and not bring them to the game thread itself until after you've been approved. A pm to one or all the GM's helps too. ;)

Arkaniel

Thanks. I hoped I had the powers well balanced. I wanted him to have potential, no glaring weaknesses, but not too powerful either.

Kendra

Kendra

Arkaniel and any one else posting applications - approval process is extremely slow at the moment as we are down quite a few of our GM's.
Please be patient with us - the game is worth the wait  8-)

Thank You

Adonis

Approved Arkaniel. Well thought out and put together.
O/O's

Arkaniel

Thanks. Are you in great need of those teachers, cause if need be, I can add a second character by Monday or Tuesday evening. I am rather busy this weekend.

Kendra

not dire need of them no, because we don't actually do any classes but you can make two characters so feel free to create a professor one if you so wish.

Secretwriter

As of right now, I remove myself from the approval process until I have more time to dedicate to the game.  My real life has to take priority right now and you two are more than wonderful at choosing who is good for the game.  If you ever want my input, I'll give it.  I'm not stepping down as a GM, just I don't want to hold anyone up because my time online is severely limited at the moment between my eating schedule, visiting schedule, breast pumping every two to three hours, and trying to maintain my sanity, I will be posting more if I can step out of this duty for now.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Aether

Character:

Code-Name:  McGuyvyr
Ethnicity:  Coloradian, born and raised
Relationship Status:  Single
Team Affiliation:  Xavier
Position at the School:  Residential Adviser

Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Light to olive
Weight: 185 lbs.
Height:  6'2"
Other: One week old shadow beard, black

Date Of Birth:  minus 20 from the current year IG
Place Of Birth:  Breckenridge, CO
Citizenship:  USA

Information:

Personality:

Meyers~Briggs Assessment:  INTJ

He is a strong silent type to the extreme, yet he holds in high regard a manner of compassion.

He gives his trust easily, once broken, broken for good.

He has that non verbal laugh and twinkling eyes when amused.  Sarcasm is his primary mode of humor.  Joking is always only applied by him tactfully and in good clean fun.

Background:

Galeyn grew up in a white collar family in one of the richest places to live in the entirety of North America.  Breckenridge, Colorado.  His dad was the Owner/Operator of the local coal mine that supplied the township.  He learned early in life to separate his position from his mood, he lived modest  and care free.

Growing up in a mining family several generations old, he knew his way around the equipment.  From his first strong steps of youthful confidence, Galeyn was introduced to every mechanical aspect of his fathers work.  It was expected from Dad that Galeyn would take over the mine like fathers upon fathers past had done, out of obligation.  So he groomed him for the secrets of the trade and gave him the Father son tour.

Being a strong introvert, Galeyn focused on his mechanical knack to 'feel' a systems problems and then subsequently tinker into the gears and fix what was ailing.  Galeyn kept himself well diagnosed on web hysteria and the mutant craze.  He knew that what he could do with mechanical was nigh on superstitious~catholic~crossing~homophobes and thus was clearly a mutation.  He did not know what triggered his evolution, but he was fully cognizant that how he had grown up had shaped his powers development.

With all intents of slipping out of Dads death mine grasp, Galeyn petitioned Xavier for asylum within his schooling program.  When the welcome letter came, he moved out.

He came back a month later after the 'boot camp' phase of intra scholastic processing and spent a solid week with his parental units, and it was good.  It so happened, a week after Galeyn's departure for boot camp, one of his not too scrupulous nephews gave his Dad a buy out he could not refuse, with promise to carry on the Stone name.

These days find Galeyn's nose hard in the books and the dutiful residential adviser in him throwing mixers and socials to get the floors talking and experiencing that 'healthy interaction,' the introductory 101 people touchy feel~ly  of college level management.  He is always willing to look over any students mechanical applications at the drop of a hat out of love for the subject.  He knows that his floor rats are going to mis~behave, and do so badly...  So his iron fisted policy was, you kiss my ass, I will kiss yours.  He went to batt for his floor mates and they in turn talked about how strict he was, joking amongst themselves, but steering away curious eyes.

He is also the Student Body head of M&E at Xavier's School.

Mother:

Name:  Ruegyna Stone

Father:

Name:  Sillveyster Stone

Other Relatives:  A tight nit social network back at home will always pull at Galeyn's attentions to detail in his here and now.  Nephews, Cousins Aunts, Nieces...

Powers:

<<@@OOC:  My idea for this power is based off of Anakin Solo in the Star Wars novels.  This boy, through the force, could fix anything mechanical, or tell you what it needed to fly @@>>

Mechanical & Engineering real time fixes, limited to non computer assisted systems...  Just the juice and the engine.  Fix up to his liters in water equivalent to a kilogram, thus five kilograms of systems a day, beyond which he is exhausted.

Examples:  Weed Eater wont start, zap it with mechanical feel good vibes, starts right up and runs strong.

Extreme Example:  Keeping a two tonne Chevy pulling a full load with a blown cylinder running, one full days concentration, with a required uninterrupted eight hours rest following, or possible bio feed back of powers manifested.

This power is fully manifest and being maximized by Galeyn.

Minor Powers:

Item Creation:  Innately knows how to cast a part just so, or change this and that about the Classic American Falcon F - 16 to make it better.  He has built and maintained an electro~static twin turbo prop P38 Lightning purely run on solid engineering principles and juice.  No computer enhancement was allowed on his creations.  They were hard wired to the individual.  Can do so for others at complexity modifier, outside of Galeyn's head.  If a system is AI controlled, Galeyn can not work on it, he simply cant deal with non pure Mechanical & Electrical.

Telekinesis:  Is able to hurl and manipulate mechanical constructs to his whims physically.  He can cause a combustion engine to explode.  Imagine a death via mechanical pencil.  Limited to line of sight and objects that weigh a fifth of his weight.

Item Creation is limited to a peace time scenario.

Telekinesis is limited to anger, outrage, self defense.

Powers and their levels:

M&E manipulation: Strong and growing.

Item Creation:  Progressing steadily.

Telekinesis:  Residual self protection, grows with use and experience.  Can only be exercised in self protection or the protection of others.

Hobbies and Interests:

Battletech:  Solaris.  Clan Invasions.  Mega Mecha of nearly any kind, though the ones that were most customizable...  Galeyn table top games, even w/o friends.  He will pit it as the ultimate chess game, something to occupy his time mentally.

Astronomy:  Has developed the worlds (ie Earths) largest and most sensitive radio tele~graphic telescopes based on simple field induction of radio modulations.  With an ultra tuned energy source based on NaH+ ClO-, Galeyn is able to probe the depths of the universe...  Albeit, six degrees at a time.

Extreme G Skiing:  Breckenridge supplied some of the best face zero g rated slopes, though in shorter climb.  Approaches any suggestion of water frozen sport.

Reads Classic SciFi.

Adonis

Aether - The concept itself is fine for the most part, with only a few issues I've got with his overall powers setup.

The way Ive read it, he basically does the exact same thing, sans AI & electrical stuff, that Forge can? As for the minor powers, the telekineses, please specify weight limitations, distance, etc.

Item creation, or ingenuity (how it sounds to me) is fine, as is his major power.
O/O's