Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonborn Rio

Guess that whim I had to check this thread was a good one. I can post the character I had made up tomorrow at the earliest.

Another thing to consider when considering this character, is that I can usually only post weekdays during the day. :(
If only we can give them the faith that mountains can be moved, they will accept the illusion that mountains can be moved and thus an illusion may become a reality.

Children see magic because they look for it. Do you?

Secretwriter

That shouldn't be a problem, so long as you can post more than once every few days.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Dragonborn Rio

Unless something happens, that won't be a problem.

Here is the character I'd like to submit for consideration.

Character:

Code-Name: Cloak
Ethnicity: Caucasian(1/4 Japanese on his mother's side)
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier, Independent
Position at the School: High School Junior

Appearance:

Hair: Dark brown and curly
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Fair
Weight: 153 pounds
Height: 5ft 5in
Other: Neal has a few small scars gained from his hobby, and his irises become silver when his pulse raises. He generally wears sweatshirts when the school uniform isn't required.

Date Of Birth: March 5th, 1995
Place Of Birth: Arcadia, Indiana
Citizenship: US Citizen

Information:

Personality: Neal is a shy kind of guy, and he's more likely to back away from fights than stick around to watch like other kids his age. Get to know him though, and you couldn't have a nicer friend.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]Neal was born in the small town of Arcadia in the state of Indiana. In a small town like that, going unnoticed for long can be down right impossible, but that's just what Neal could do. Shy to a fault with everyone except his family, Neal didn't make any friends. Since he stayed out of everyone's way, he wasn't really on bad terms with most of Arcadia's population.

One day, when the only two bullies in town who ever messed with him were being particularly harsh, Neal wished they'd just leave him alone. To his surprise, they began to look around wildly, as if searching for him. He stood there not three feet away from them and he might as well have not been there. That was the day his mutant powers manifested, and he was soon using this new found ability whenever he just wanted to not to be found. Around this time though, his little sister's power showed itself, and he has never been able to hide from her since.

Wanting to know more about mutants in general and spending more time indoors anyway(word had spread that he was a mutant, and he didn't like the attention), Neal learned two things. One, his own father was a mutant and he'd inherited his father's mutant ability, and two, there was a group of mutants called the Independent that believed the problems mutants faced weren't their problem if they weren't in the middle of it. Given his nature, Neal thought he was a good member for the group and joined. Unfortunately, the attention around town that he was getting for being a mutant was starting to affect his family and he didn't want to be a source of stress. So, without telling anyone but his sister where he was going, Neal packed his bags and hitched hiked his way to the Xavier School that was always in the news. If there was a place his powers wouldn't bring him much attention, it was there.

Mother:

Name: Lyra Leagallow(Maiden Name: Norec)
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Neal Leagallow
Race: Mutant(can change his hair's length at will)

Other Relatives: Alexandria(His 6 year old sister, a mutant that can find things)

Powers:
Minor – Wallflower: Neal can go unnoticed simply by wanting to.
Minor – Variable Hair Length: Neal can change the length of his hair at will, just like his father. His hair gets straighter the longer it becomes.

Power Limitations:

Wallflower: Neal can only keep this power going for 10 minutes at a time, with 5 minute intervals in between using it. That does not include the amount of time it takes for him to become fully visible again. For every minute he uses this power, it takes 30 seconds for him to look solid again. Until that time is past, he appears transparent to varying degrees, much like a ghost. He must wait until he appears completely solid again before he can “turn it back on.” This ability only keeps him from being seen by the naked eye. Electronic devices and/or aids, psychic abilities, and a good sense of smell can still be used to find him. His little sister's mutant power has the easiest time finding him.

Variable Hair Length: His hair can only grow to a length equal to his height.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing Fantasy, and Cooking.

OOC Ons and Offs: I do not like scat, watersports, or the DSM  of BDSM. Other dislikes include NC(without permission), or anything illegal.
If only we can give them the faith that mountains can be moved, they will accept the illusion that mountains can be moved and thus an illusion may become a reality.

Kendra

Hi Dragonborn Rio,

Your character has my approval but with conditions...

One of our 'Abilities not allowed' is long term invisibility.
Though you have stated that your character takes ten minutes to turn off his power, you did not state how long he is capable of maintaining this 'wallflower' state which in all intents purposes is invisibility.
I would prefer it myself if the power could only be maintained for the ten minute duration with less time to return from the power. Perhaps 15 minutes in total.

Lady Lunarius

Hihi Dragon,

I am in the same boat with Kendra, you have my approval pending her conditions, or any other that Adonis or Secret have for you. ^_^
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Kate

Are all spots taken (Im a domme woman in rl)
and would love to play an evil semi-shape shifter - as in all but her face can change shape

Adonis

Not quite sure what the domme part has to do with playin here lol, but as for the shape shifting idea, were not recruiting anyone for the opposite, evil aligned factions at the moment. Take a look at the first post in the thread for me if ya could hon. It should explain a bit better than I can from my phone atm.

Any questions about anything else, feel free to Pm any of the listed GMs for the game.

Thanks!
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Secretwriter

We don't really need any more shape shifters either, but a dominant female personality around here, domme or not, might be a nice change.

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Kaelhiar

*peeks in* Any room in the game? Consider this expressing interest.

Secretwriter

LimitlessNikkie

Character:

Code-Name: Skye
Ethnicity: White
Sex: Female
Team Affiliation: Independent
Position at the School: Student (Collage freshman)

Appearance:
Hair: Red
Eyes: blue
Skin: white
Weight: 123lb
Height: 5'8
Other: reddish brown wings with black and grey(angel like) an 10 foot wing span. example 
Date Of Birth: 12/1/91
Place Of Birth: Chico, California
Citizenship: US citizen

Information:
Personality: Skye is a care free happy girl who is usually sweet tempered and happy. Her emotions are strong and she does little to restrain them instead feeling and acting on each and every one sometimes against better judgement. She can be stubborn to the point of recklessness and a dare will have her doing stupid things to prove herself but she is very caring and lovable in her innocent views of the world. She loves meeting new people and has a weakness for cute boys. She's
Background: Skye was born into a minor city in northern California to her wonderful parents. To say they weren't shocked to have a little girl with wings would have been a lie. Even as mutants themselves they didn't know what to do with the little girl with wings sprouting out of her back. They quickly moved north into the rural foot hills in an effort to protect her from people who wouldn't understand her. They cut off from the rest of the world starting a small farm and living isolated from everyone else.

She was home school her entire life by her parents and was granted freedoms few like her were. With few people around she was able to stretch her wings(literally) and began flying at around age 3. The only thing she lacked in her perfectly safe world were friends, people her age to be around or really anyone to be around. She started to push so be around other kids when she was 16 and she had her first episode of using air.

She was fighting with her parents, it wasn't uncommon she was normally very sweet tempered but her emotions were always very strong and when she felt wronged she didn't hold in her thought but voiced them. She was yelling at her mom feeling wronged her temper was running high her anger right at the surface and the air swirled around her enough to whip her hair around her and buffer the room like it was in the center of a dust devil. She felt a huge relief as the air moved around her, giddiness made her laugh aloud. She'd never been so happy in her life. But it only helped to re enforced her parents belief that she needed control before she could be around other kids her own age. What if something bad happend?

She chaffed under their control for 2 more years but at 18 after learning some control over her new air affinity she took off. She loved her parents dearly and it hurt her deeply to do so but she was suffocating under their constraint of her. She traveled hiding her true nature for a year before hearing about Xavier's school for people like her in a coffee shop while listening to a couple of old bitties gossiping. It was impulsive but she immediately set her mind to attending with every intention of camping out on their roof until they let her. Thankfully it didn't take her stubbornness to get her in they welcomed her with open arms.

Mother:
Name: Sarah Black
Race: mutant
Father:
Name: Eric Black
Race: mutant
Other Relatives:N/A
Powers:
Major Power: Air Control (majorly underdeveloped, she can shift air currents and speeds in minor bursts, impressive displays of power when mad or scared, control is at this point limited to minor feat preformed constantly I.E. creating soft breezes or shifting directions.)
Minor Power: Flight(Near perfect control gained from a life time of practice)
Power Limitations:Her air powers are physically draining and linked with her emotional state. IE if anger she could lose control, not be able to even summon her power if sad or hurt someone or something if distracted.
Flight has the same draw back as if a runner over exerted themselves but she's very fit and knows her limits in that regard.
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, singing, flying, exploring, meeting new people, trying new things and sketching.
OOC Ons and Offs: o/o link below.

Adonis

Rio - Once the changes have been made per kendras instruction about the cloaking duration, the sheet has my approval.

Kael - Glad to see you found both the site and the game ^.^

Nikki - please separate the wings/flight with the power to control air,  and specify what she can do with it so far. Other than that, my tired eyes see nothing else of issue =)
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Featherfall

Character:

Code-Name:
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: single
Team Affiliation: Independent at intro; would like his recruiting to be a sort of mini-story arc if at all possible.
Position at the School: student

Appearance:

Hair: black
Eyes: N/A
Skin: white
Weight: 126
Height: 5'9"
Other: effectively blind (see powers)

Date Of Birth: 6/26
Place Of Birth: Portland, Oregon
Citizenship: United States

Information:

Personality: A loner who is extremely bitter about his situation due to his powers. It's not that he hates people, he just doesn't think that they could possibly relate to him, and the sympathy he gets is grating. He has no intention of letting anyone in, and is not above using people to make himself feel better. It has been this way for so long that even he used to forget he was a normal, kind-hearted boy at one point.

Background:

It was the Olympics; they never told ME which year, and I never asked. But my parents met at the Olympics. Dad had fled to America to escape the religious persecution of the Soviet Communist regime. He had struggled to learn English, even 'Americanized' his name to George, and never looked back. Every time I asked, he swore that he completely forgot Russian. What he didn't forget, was the art of Sambo that he took with him. Already a "Kandidat Master" when he left, he was always bragging about how much better he'd gotten with age; like vodka he assured me. He was actually in the midst of one of Sambo's numerous attempts to be recognized as a legitimate sport when he caught the tale end of the women's judo competition. There he saw her, competing against those that were just a shade her better, sweating, struggling never surrendering.

Glorious, his father hand told him. The woman was perfectly glorious. If Mom was ever in the room, she would punch him in the arm playfully, and then they'd make kissy faces at each other. I'd gag and leave the room. Meh, I guess that's what love was; cheesy one-liners, cheesy affections, and making children dry-heave.

So yeah, as you can guess, I grew up in a very combat-sports-oriented family. Most father's take their sons fishing; mine taught me how to bend knees the wrong way. Most mothers get upset at their sons fighting. Mine would get upset if I would lose, and then take me out to show me what I did wrong, what I should have done instead. Then Dad would come home from work and repeat his own version of the lesson. I learned not to lose very quickly in life. Hey, I'm not trying to say I'm Bruce Lee or anything; I doubt I'm even of national caliber, let alone Olympic. I mean, I probably could have been, but after...no...I don't want to think about that...

So yeah, you get the idea; normal parents buy toy trains, mine pulled strings to get me memberships to kickboxing gyms. I suppose you could say they were perfect to raise an, how did that one teacher say it, "overly energetic young boy". So you can imagine they were a little lost when they went and had another baby, and surprise surprise, it was a girl.

Jane...

Um, yeah...so Mom and Pops were all like, "We don't know how to raise a daughter!" and pretty much invited everyone even distantly related--Mom's side of course--to Jane's baby shower. After all, how could those two raise a prim, proper daughter after the way they spoiled me (hey, they say tomato, you say 'child abuse')? I decided to keep the irony of Dad and especially Mom of all people having that viewpoint to myself; funnier that way, and safer, too.

Wait, what were we talking about? The baby shower? No, not that...I won't talk about that!!

I was just playing peek-a-boo with her, okay? It was her favorite game, I was asked to keep her entertained, so that's what I did! Only, when I uncovered my eyes one time, I couldn't see. I did what any 15 year-old would have done in the situation, I panicked. Mom asked to see, and the last thing I ever heard her say is, "What in the...?"

Then that horrible, swirling, slurping sound started, like a vacuum cleaner that was sick. It was followed by the screams.

Look, I'm not an idiot, and the shouts of "Freak!" and "Abomination!" kind of gave it away. Didn't exactly help me at the time though, did it? Especially with that, that throbbing that built up in the front of my head, just behind my damn eyes!

The last thing I ever heard Dad say was him begging for me to shut my eyes. I tried, tried and tried, oh God help me I tried, and finally I did. I called out, called for anyone. No answer. I reached out in front of me for Mom. Zip. I stumbled towards Jane's stroller, wondering why the commotion hadn't sent her into a screaming fit. It was empty.

After that, I ran, I guess. Ran for, I don't know how long. Month, year? You'd be surprised how easily you lose track of time when your eyes are closed. Oh yeah, I never opened them, not once. And don't go thinking that it was some, noble honoring of a father's last request bullshit, okay? I mean, maybe at first, but after so long, you just want to see again. I mean, it...it couldn't be...'on'...all the time, right? Those X-Men seemed to be able to turn it on and off at will, so why not me? I tried to open my eyes, several times, but each time, I heard the screams, I felt an empty stroller. And I couldn't do it.

Optophobia, one of the social workers called it when I explained to them (well, as much as I was willing to, anyway). Fear of opening one's eyes. Well no shit I was afraid, thanks for the diagnosis, ass!! Those first few...whatever they were...were absolute hell. Putting anything in my mouth that even felt like food, drinking who knows what and never sleeping in a decent shelter; I don't know how many times I got sick. But I never opened my eyes, never once.

Where am I, anyway?

Mother:

Name: Rebecca (deceased)
Race: human

Father:

Name: George (deceased)
Race: human

Other Relatives: None living that he knows of.

Powers:

James' power has no official name as of yet; he calls it the curse. In place of his eyes, he has two eye-shaped, swirling dark orbs. They work like to miniature black holes, literally sucking things towards them, grinding them to sizes smaller than subatomic particles before they disappear forever. This power is not fast acting, but at approximately 275 degrees, its range is considerable, and movement is severally slowed. James himself appears to be the only thing that can not be sucked in.

Power Limitations:

1.) This power has a 'blind spot' directly behind James where it is completely safe, range that gets progressively wider the farther away from James one gets (like a cone, albeit one with a 90 degree limit)

2.) Objects of a larger mass take much longer to pull in than those of a considerably smaller one. Insects would zip right in, while a building might take up to half-an-hour if James was "staring" directly at it.

3.) James gets headaches as things get sucked in; the more mass his 'eyes' consume, the more pronounced the headache.

4.) James can not shut this power off; he can only block it by closing his eye-lids.

5.) James does not have natural eyes. Even if he were to gain control of this power somehow, it would still be impossible for him to see.

Hobbies and Interests:

Sambo/Judo/Kickboxing
Nature...listening

OOC Ons and Offs:   

Dragonborn Rio

Okay, found some time in my busy weekend. Here is the following change to Neal's Wallflower ability.

"Neal can only keep this power going for 10 minutes at a time, with 5 minute intervals in between using it. That does not include the amount of time it takes for him to become fully visible again. For every minute he uses this power, it takes 30 seconds for him to look solid again. Until that time is past, he appears transparent to varying degrees, much like a ghost."

Secretwriter

I would like to remind everyone that this is a sexual game... your characters, if they are freaks even to the mutant world, might not get any attention.  I'm not pointing out names or directing fingers here, just saying.

Featherfall, I'm going to deny your entire application, because playing him would be like playing rogue.  It's not fair to others to have to fear your character, and nor is it right for you not to have the ability to appropriately participate in things.  Blindness is not the issue here, it's the black holes for eyes.  For this game the power is simply too powerful and destructive. Thank you for the work that you did on it, it just does not fit this game.

Featherfall

Alright then, back to the drawing board I guess. :-(

Pockets

Maybe you should look into Maggott. He has something similar to what you're talking about but not as destructive or hard to play.
08/02 - New A/A Update

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Adonis on January 22, 2011, 09:05:00 AM
Nikki - please separate the wings/flight with the power to control air,  and specify what she can do with it so far. Other than that, my tired eyes see nothing else of issue =)

Alright made the changes hope it's ok.

Kendra

Interest expressed noted Kaelhiar and Kate ;)

LN - I'm happy with the changes you have made. Approval stamped by me ;)

FeatherFall - Secret said it all really, look forward to the modified bio :)

Dragonborn Rio - not sure if it is how you've worded your changes but I'd prefer something more clear cut as an explanation of his abilities / limitations.
break it down like this if you have too ...

Power Up - takes 30 seconds
Maintaining of Power - Max control of 10 minutes
Power Down - takes 30secs per min of power maintained
Before next Power up is feasible - xx minutes

Not sure if I can explain this right but will try too.
We had issues with accepting 'long term' invisibility powers, so easily abused no matter how much fun it sounds. With your character not only is he invisible for a time, he is also silent - no one can hear a sound he makes, which in my book makes his power more intense than 'invisibility' alone. I know it's not 'long term' but the gap between powering up and powering down is just not big enough for me. I think because of his dual ability in the one power, that powering up again should be impossible for a lot longer than 5 minutes. I'd be happy with pushing this to 15 perhaps.

Lady Lunarius

I'm happy to give LN my stamp

As for Feather Fall and Dragonborn Rio:   Secret and Kendra said all there is for now ;) Look forward to your modifications
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

LimitlessNikkie

Secretwriter

Adonis

And mine as well. I'll unlock the approved character bio thread, and go ahead and copy+paste your sheet over miss Nikki!

Welcome to Xavier's !
O/O's

Kaelhiar

Character:

Code-Name: (When I think of one I'll post it)
Ethnicity: 1/2 German-American, 1/2 Puerto-Rican
Sex: Female
Team Affiliation: [Xavier, Anarchy X, Independent] Independent
Position at the School: Student (college freshman)

Appearance:

Hair: Black with a few highlighted streaks in deep red
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Light brown
Weight: 124 lbs
Height: 5'7"
Other: A tattoo on her lower back that resembles a Celtic cross

Date Of Birth: 9/?/1991
Place Of Birth: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Citizenship: Dual citizen of USA and Puerto Rico

Information:

Personality: Keiyanai is the type to be occasionally snarky, sarcastic, blunt, and deflecting. Given her history, it's not entirely surprising that she has a hard shell with a part of her that's hard to reach. She can be totally blase about the rules, reckless to the point of endangering her own life. But if caught in a private moment, there's something underneath that tough layer to indicate that she's been wounded, and deeply, and keeps everyone at arm's length.

Background: Keiyanai was born to loving parents, the only child that they had been able to bring to the world. She didn't mind being an only child; it just meant she had more of her parents' affection. While they weren't wealthy, they were well-off enough to give their daughter whatever she wanted, be it dancing classes, horseback riding, whatever.

Then tragedy struck. When she was but 13, her parents were killed in a horrific car accident while Keiyanai was being taken care of by her uncle. Her uncle took over the estate, designating a trust fund for Keiyanai, and then her world went through another bout of chaos.

Despite appearing like a decent man initially, her uncle was in fact something of a monster. He did everything he could to chase Keiyanai away and when she was 15, she did precisely that: ran away. She lived on the streets, learning to steal, break into locks and buildings. She learned that to survive on the streets, she had to be tough, cold. She couldn't--didn't--dare trust anyone.

A year later, her mutation began to form. She learned of her ability when she accidentally fried a fellow thief's cellphone just by touching it. Realizing the potential, Keiyanai began to break into high-class stores, using her ability to short out the security cameras and alarms. Of course that gave her a limited time before the police came to investigate the shortage, but it helped her immensely.

It was when she just turned 18 that she realized the perils of being 'different'. A ganglord was tracking her down for breaking into his territory. When he caught her and discovered she was a mutant, he had his gang beat her within an inch of her life. The experience drove her deeper into her shell and realized it didn't matter if one was a mutant or not: people were just monsters and not to be trusted.

Once she recovered enough, Keiyanai went seeking a different place to settle... and came across Xavier's. Deciding that perhaps a different path was necessary, at least to the point of controlling her abilities further to defending her life, she decided to approach them for 'help'.

She has a single vice that she'll admit to: She likes to smoke.

Mother:

Name: Coraly Diaz

Father:

Name: Dedric Wynn

Other Relatives: Uncle, Egon Wynn

Powers:
Major Power: Electricity/Lightning control--She's learned how to short out electronics by touch and by focused visualization, and enough to "shock" people. But she has yet to truly explore the depths of what she can do with this power.

Minor Power: Recharge--she can in essence use her electricity ability to recharge electronics... or drain them to really increase the power of her 'outlet'.

Minor Power: Kinetic Control--a kind of offshot of her main ability, she can 'charge' herself enough to move faster than average. Comes in handy.

Power Limitations:
1) The vast majority of her ability still requires touch in order to work. Until she has it more trained, it'd be difficult.

2) She has to be cautious while bathing and/or swimming. She might end up accidentally shocking someone or even herself (though not fatal if it's herself).

3) If she isn't careful, she can also short out all electronics within a certain amount of feet around her.

Hobbies and Interests:
Dancing: She likes to go clubbing and dance for the sheer joy of motion.

Music: She was once trained on the piano. Every so often she'll indulge in that.

Horseback Riding: Though she hasn't done this in a while, and also fears shocking a horse, she might want to try that again.

Also interested in reading, action movies, and heavy metal/death metal music.

OOC Ons and Offs:   (I'll get to this... eventually. >.>)

Secretwriter

The only issue I have with this bio is the name. I already play an Amber - ironically who has electrical powers, though they are minor.  Please change the name, as there's no reason for us to have duplicate names in a game this size. The rest of the bio is fine.