Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

ArtemisHighmore

Well thank you, I appreciate the opportunity. Any suggestions on where to start?

Lady Lunarius

Art, a cockblock in the library would be funny as hell XD But i don't think they'd like that too much >.>

And the dining room is just full ove people. ^^

Here's our OOC If you'd like to talk and set things up or just chit chat.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Kendra

well it is dinner time now so the dining room might be your best bet ;)

Caress

I would love to be a part of this. [Working on the application]  >:)
I bruise easily... but don't be gentle when you handle me.

Amelita

Character:

Code-Name: N/A
Ethnicity: White
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: Residential Advisor? Staff anyway :)

Appearance:

Hair: dark brown, short
Eyes: blue
Skin: light
Weight: 180
Height: 6'0
Other: N/A

Date Of Birth: December 13th 1982
Place Of Birth: Detroit, Michigan
Citizenship: US

Information:

Personality:

Nick is a relaxed and laid back guy with a friendly but a little guarded attitude. He's a bit of a loner when he can and likes spending time outdoors; hiking, running, on his bike... He's the type of guy who doesn't get angry easily, but when you manage to do so he gets -very- angry. He's very loyal to those who have proven themselves worthy of such, and would go to extreme lengths to protect those he cares about. He does, on the other hand, not let people easily in and doesn't have any very close friends at this point in time. He's a bit broken after the death of his brother, having been very close to him and feeling both vulnerable and alone when he's gone. This is naturally hidden behind a thick layer of a bit cocky attitude, though rarely on the cost of manners and general friendliness. He's at most distant when the weight of his loss bears down on him.

Background:

Nick is the oldest of three siblings, him and his brother Damian mutants as well as their mother, but their father and little sister human. George Casey was an abusive bastard with a very negative attitude towards mutants and his wife and sons got the short end of the stick in dealing with him. Usually he was verbally abusive but with alcohol he raged and abused his wife physically. As soon as Nick and his brother were old enough they stood up to their father to protect their mom, which resulted in the two of them being kicked out. That was the first time of many, as their mom got them back, time passed, another fight occurred and their father kicked them out again.

This would never have been possible of course unless Vanessa Casey was a mutant, and she used her under-developed and mostly suppressed powers of Empathy to manipulate her husbands mood. She couldn't control her powers when she was upset so unfortunately they were of no use during his anger fits.

At age 15 and 17, Damian and Nick moved out of the house and hit the road. They had discovered and developed their shared powers from early pre-teen years and their bond was close to unbreakable. Traveling the country and roaming city streets, using their abilities in less than honest ways, they spent the best part of eight years.

When Damian was 23 years old he got shot and killed, and Nick turned his back on the life they'd led. He wandered without direction for 3 years (checked on his sister to make sure their father was still treating her well as always, her being human like him) and then sought out Xavier in hopes of getting help to get back on his feet.

Mother:

Name: Vanessa Casey
Race: mutant

Father:

Name: George Casey
Race: human

Other Relatives:

Name: Damian Casey, younger brother (deceased)
Race: mutant

Name: Danielle Casey, younger sister (age 12)

Powers:
Concealment: He merges with the shadow and is undetectable. His physical form takes the light form of a shadow itself.
Night vision: He has a considerably better vision in darkness than the average person.
(when Damian was alive the two of them enforced each other. They could turn into shadows, create shadows and manipulate them.)

Power Limitations:
Concealment: He can't manipulate shadows or create them

Hobbies and Interests:
riding his motorcycle, hiking, running, fishing, playing guitar, singing.

OOC Ons and Offs:   
pretty much my own

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Caress

Character:

Code-Name: (optional)
Ethnicity: British
Sex: male
Position at the School: Student

Appearance:

Hair: Bleached blonde
Eyes: Deep sea green
Skin: Pale
Weight: 132 lbs
Height: 5'11
Other: Toni has a mop of messy blonde hair on his head,  the trademark deep green eyes  and a moon shaped birthmark on his right shoulder. He is usually dressed in jeans and a loose fitting shirt or hoodie accompanied by his signature black leather jacket.

Date Of Birth: May 15th 1995
Place Of Birth: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Citizenship: US

Information:

Personality:

Abondoned by his mother on the steps of a church at the age of four , Toni -as he likes to be called-- always considered himself to be a lone wolf. Preferring to detach his emotions from situations he sometimes appear cold and careless. Undeneath his icy demeanor Toni is a caring character with protective instincts.
Contradictory to his shy demeanor Toni is an adrenaline junkie. Getting his kicks out of doing crazy stunts and pushing his body to its limit.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]

Unable to locate the father of her children Eliza moved herself and her twins to the U.S to be closer to her dying mother. Not long after her death feeling overwhelm and with the want to travel again, to continure the pursuit of her dreams Eliza abondonned her children joining a Broadway tour.

Since they were four Toni has always been protective of his sister, even as they were sent from home to home due to being in the system. Unfortunately Mikhail and Toni were seperated shortly after discovering they were 'special.' Both having an uncanny affinity for water related phenomena.

Over the years he became more and more used to the fact that he wasn't like the typical human. Outcasted and ridiculed by the other children in the all boys home where he was placed. On her side Mikhail could not handle the abuse and being taunted by the others drove her over the edge. She commited suicide one night in the home's bathroom.

Since the suicide of this twin sister Mikhail, Toni has never truly been the same. He became ever more withdrawn not speaking nearly as much as he listened. Taking in everything around him. His desire to learn new things and to not end up like his sister has been his main motivation for moving forward.

Mother:

Name: Eliza Broché

Father:

Name: Unknown
Race: [Believed to be a mutant] 

Other Relatives:
Mikhail Antoinette Ayre [Deceased - suicide]

Powers:

Major: Ability to control and manipulate water molecutes with his mind. Modifying small amounts of water sources from his surroundings at will.
Minor: Able to temporarily reduce water tempeatures causing ice particles or frost.

Power Limitations:

Major: The range is quite short, he is easily drained if his ability is used for an extended period of time where physical bodies of water isn't present. [I.E: when using moisture?]
Minor: Can only freeze small objects to the point that they shatter. I.E a pencil or a flower. This ability isn't always controlled. his hands are always cold and he wears gloves even in the hot summer days.

Hobbies and Interests:

Reading, skatebording, extreme sports.

OOC Ons and Offs: Semi-new Rper/ Pretty Open to try just about anything. Feel free to ask.

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

minerva7790

Character:

Code-Name: (optional)
Ethnicity: Japanese
Sex: Male
Position at the School: High school student

Appearance:

Hair: Black, partially dyed blonde
Eyes: Dark brown
Skin: Asian, pale
Weight: 129 lbs
Height: 5'10"
Other: Renji has many piercings

Date Of Birth: November 29, 1993
Place Of Birth: Shikoku, Japan
Citizenship: Japanese

Information:

Personality: Renji is a man of few words. Despite his aloof appearance, he has a

soft and gentle heart. He doesn't make friends easily because he has felt the pain of

betrayal too often. But when you earn his trust, you will find him a loyal companion.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]
Renji was born to a Japanese salaryman and a housewife, the middle of three children, and the only son. He doted a lot on his sisters and often played with them when they were younger. In contrast, his sisters liked to bully him by making him play "dress up" with them. Perhaps that was where he got his fashion sense from.

While his sisters grew up to be beautiful young women, Renji became their protector, guarding them against abusive boyfriends and men who were up to no good. It helped, too, that Renji was pretty adept in kendo and aikido, and was very fast in his movements. His speed, in fact, was key in helping him win several medals in school sports meets.

The first clue Renji had that he was not normal came at age 12. He sitting on the roof of a 10-storey building with his friends, when one of them shoved him playfully, causing him to tumble off the roof. He had somehow managed to survive the fall unscathed. His friends who had watched him fall claimed they saw him disappear into thin air and reappear on the ground. Renji had laughed it off, and would have simply left the incident as that, merely glad that he survived, had he not felt something odd as he fell. Midway to the ground, Renji had felt a compression of air around his body, and a sudden lack of rushing wind in his ears. Everything went white. It was as if he had fallen into a vacuum. Then, just as suddenly, he was lying on the ground, looking back up at his friends. Renji had often felt this kind of feeling when he ran, though he had always assumed that to be normal.

Renji could never satisfactorily explain his phenomenon, although he scoured the library and the internet for an explanation. The closest he could find was the hypothetical theory of higher dimensions. By visiting the fourth dimension, one could travel through walls or zip through distances in an impossibly short time.

Renji kept this power quiet, though he continued to use it to give him an extra edge in sports. It would seem weird if he stopped competing altogether anyway... He was careful with his power, but even so, he somehow gained himself the notice of Xavier's school. His mother had been crying silently, and his father stoically refused to accept that his son was 'special'. After the arguments were over, however, Renji wrote a short note to his parents, took his savings, plus a little more from his father's stash, and bought a plane ticket to America.

Mother:

Name: Fujioka Saneda
Race: Japanese (human)

Father:

Name: Akayama Shinji
Race: Japanese (human)

Other Relatives:
- Akayama Sayuri (older sister)
- Akayama Sakura (younger sister)

Powers:
The ability to slice into the fourth dimension and travel through it. By repeatedly using this method, Renji can make his movements 'faster'. What really happens is that his body, or part of it, moves through the fourth dimension so quickly that to the eye of an observer, it looks as though he is moving very fast.

Power Limitations:
The interdimensional fabric can only be cut in certain places where it is weak, so Renji can only use his power at certain places. Also, since breathing is difficult in the fourth dimension, Renji cannot stay there long.

Hobbies and Interests:
Renji plays the bass guitar and the flute. He also loves to practice kendo. Math and science are his favourite subjects, and he spends lots of time reading books about them.

OOC Ons and Offs:   
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Adonis

Amelia - Has my stamp of approval.

Caress - Please specify the grade/year that he is currently in within the school. (By age, he'll be a high school Junior, but for details and record-keeping's sake, I need it in there). Once that detail is added, the sheet has my approval.

Minerva - The only issue I have on the sheet itself, is the time travel aspect, as it's on our list of no-no powers (as listed in the directory).

Restricted Abilities

* Time Travel
    * Mind Control
    * Invincibility
    * Long Term Invisibility
    * Anything that would cause instant death, i.e. Death Touches
    * Ability to completely paralyze someone for extended periods of time, or over 15 mins without GM permission.  This one could be fun to play in the right contexts, but it would need to be plotted out.
    * Immortality
    * Powers cloned or obviously combined from Canon characters - this will be studied case by case. We'd rather someone play a canon than just blatantly rip one off.
    * Superdupermegastrength - the ability to lift tall buildings with one finger.  Mashing cars up and using them as basketballs.
    * The ability to turn into food - Cause seriously, there's always the one time someone turns themselves into a corn dog and the ending is never pretty.
    * Unapproved magical items.
    * Reality manipulation.
    * Cosmic Entities.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Secretwriter

Agrees with Adonis on all accounts.  Amelia, you have my vote, you just need Kendra's now. <3  Caress, what he said.  Minerva... lol what he said again.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

minerva7790

OOPS! How did I miss that list of restricted abilities? I've changed it to just teleportation and speed.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Caress

Quote from: Cold Heritage on December 10, 2010, 09:35:12 PM
Oh man, that's one nummy boy Caress's got herself there!

Why fank you very much. :3

Quote from: Adonis on December 11, 2010, 01:02:30 AM
Caress - Please specify the grade/year that he is currently in within the school. (By age, he'll be a high school Junior, but for details and record-keeping's sake, I need it in there). Once that detail is added, the sheet has my approval.

Oh right! he's a junior how did I miss that.

Kendra

Amelia -- you're good to go :)

Minerva -- I'm good with teleportation and speed

Caress - not sure if I'm okay with your characters ability to manipulate an entire weather system. Turning hot sunny day -- cold and white?? Think the controlling water is fine but the freezing it is another thing altogether and is an actual X-man ability.

Adonis

@ The caress sheet - Wow, I really need to read a bit more carefully. Yeah, the whole water control thing is fine, but controlling the weather is done by Storm ;) Can we re-work this a little bit?
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Caress

I modified the character and here are my changes. I hope they're okay.

Quote from: Caress on December 10, 2010, 08:07:18 PM
Powers:

Major: Ability to control and manipulate water molecutes with his mind. Modifying small amounts of water sources from his surroundings at will.
Minor: Able to temporarily reduce water tempeatures causing ice particles or frost.

Power Limitations:

Major: The range is quite short, he is easily drained if his ability is used for an extended period of time where physical bodies of water isn't present. [I.E: when using moisture?]
Minor: Can only freeze small objects to the point that they shatter. I.E a pencil or a flower. This ability isn't always controlled. his hands are always cold and he wears gloves even in the hot summer days.

Kendra

I'm good with this.
Approved by me.
Just wait for the other GM's vote ;)

Amelita

Okay darlings, I'd like to write him as new arrival, not current staff, but to become a staff-member... That all right?

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Adonis

It's only been a few hours since orientation (game start) in game-time :p If you want him to be new to the school, as in just starting his career there this semester, that's fine. For consistency's sake though, he would have attended the orientation & done whatever up until the current time (dinner).
O/O's

Amelita

okies. And is residential adviser okay?

Adonis

Give me a moment to see which positions are available within the school

*edit*

You're good to go on RA-ness
O/O's

Caress

I'm not sure which posts are directed at me..  ???

Quote from: Adonis on December 11, 2010, 05:50:30 AM
It's only been a few hours since orientation (game start) in game-time :p If you want him to be new to the school, as in just starting his career there this semester, that's fine. For consistency's sake though, he would have attended the orientation & done whatever up until the current time (dinner).

That's fine.

Amelita

Adonis

Okay, since we've three applications (To make this easier for Secret when she gets on) here are their statuses.

Amelia - Approved - Add it to the character biography thread

Caress - Now that there have been slight changes made, it needs secret's approval once more (Has mine and Kendra's).

Minnerva - you're good to go, move it to the character bio thread

--> Bio Thread <--

Current game time at the moment is 6pm, sept 10th, and the dinner bells just went off.
O/O's

Secretwriter

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦