Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

Brought to you by Adonis, Secretwriter, and Kendra.

Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults

Professor Xavier has seen the need to create a school that encompasses grades 11th and 12th and combine that with college learning courses.  The mutant revolution, those who see themselves as homosuperior and who have titled themselves as Anarchy X,  grows stronger, their propaganda appealing to more and more free thinking youngsters in this day and age.

The Independents, a neutral party, also takes a lot of mutant teens and young adults that just want peace but often stick their heads in the sand and let others do the fighting.  They want peace and freedom but they have a bit of a 'Not In My Backyard' philosophy.

Professor X has seen that both of these factions are leading people away from civic duty and responsibility, using their mutation as an excuse rather than a solution and a reason for peace.  For this reason, he has created a school to cater to those young adults that gives them a place to learn and express themselves in constructive ways.

He wants to guide the youth to find peace and equality, but can he do so with so many temptations about?

Link to Rules and Directory

We are not taking on Anarchy X supporters.  Xavier affiliation and Independents [with proper story line] welcome.

Quote from: Adonis on January 18, 2011, 12:21:21 AM
Recruitment for Xavier's is now open once again.  All applications are welcome, but the selection of those approved will be..er... well... selective lol.

Positions needing to be filled:

Faculty & Staff

Professor of Philosophy
Professor of Performing Arts
School Psychiatrist

Students

High school Juniors
College Freshman
College Sophmores

What we are *looking for* in a character:

1. Believability (Do you shoot lazers from your ass? If yes, please don't bother.)
2. Realistic power & Control for the age of the student. (This does not mean your character can be 407 years old and a freshman because they don't age.)
3. NON-CANON with NON-CANON powers. You are allowed ONE major power, and TWO minors. Anything more powerful than this will be IGNORED. Please do not waste our time, or yours by wanting to play something ridiculous, such as undead, ET, or baby Jesus (as examples).
4. Power wise, we're full up on empaths, so those of ya wanting to dominate all emotions, you're kinda SoL for now.

Most importantly, we're looking for those of you willing to work with us as GM's to find an acceptable way to mold the character to fit both the rules that are set forth in the directory, as well as the uniqueness that you may offer to the game. Be creative !

Interest. 

Fill out a bio here and we will discuss your biography.  We will tell you if we want you to transfer it over to the Bio thread.  Note that we are no longer allowing students from Great Britain or Japan.  Please keep chatter not pertaining to the game out of the recruitment thread. Players are not allowed to post in the OOC thread until their characters are approved.

Copy, paste, and fill out the following:

[center][u][b]Character:[/b][/u][/center]

[b]Code-Name:[/b] (optional)
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Sex: [/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Relationship Status:[/b]
[b]Team Affiliation:[/b] [Xavier, Anarchy X, Independent]
[b]Position at the School:[/b]

[center][u][b]Appearance:[/b][/u][/center]

[b]Hair: [/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Skin:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b] (physical defects/mutations, overall appearance)

[b]Date Of Birth:[/b]
[b]Place Of Birth:[/b]
[b]Citizenship:[/b]

[center][b][u]Information:[/u][/b]
[/center]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b] [Three good paragraphs]

[center][u]Mother:[/u][/center]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (mutant or human)

[center][u]Father:[/u][/center]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (mutant or human)

[b]Other Relatives:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Power Limitations:[/b]

[b]Hobbies and Interests: [/b]

OOC Ons and Offs:   

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

kckolbe

Wonderful.  I'm about to go to bed, but definitely interested, and I'll start thinking of a character idea.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Lady Lunarius

Definately looks interesting! (Thanks Adonis for pointing it out. ^_^ )

So I was wondering, your plan for htis, will there be a somewhat decent posting order, since there are so many characters or just within the group you're character is interacting with at the time.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Secretwriter

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 28, 2010, 10:57:48 PM
Definately looks interesting! (Thanks Adonis for pointing it out. ^_^ )

So I was wondering, your plan for htis, will there be a somewhat decent posting order, since there are so many characters or just within the group you're character is interacting with at the time.

There won't be a set posting order, though people tend to fall into rotations in small groups.

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Adonis

Well, as soon as we get up and running, there will most likely be multiple threads tossed up into the directory for different parts of the house as well as different areas outside/off campus (when we get to that point).

Dam, secret types faster than I do !
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Lady Lunarius

Haha all right. XD Any specific roles that need filling...like something you definitely want someone to play?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Secretwriter

We've only posted it tonight, so far someone has expressed interest in the librarian.  Everything else is open, I'm playing a senior high student.

Lady Lunarius

Hmm okies, the Literature teacher could be fun, but maybe I should play a student ~indecisive~
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Secretwriter

LOL, I've just noticed that a lot of the time the GM's play major roles that they want, and I'm giving others a chance first.

Cold Heritage

What is the expectation regarding power limitations for an original character? It seems fairly obvious that, say, Colossus doesn't have access to his superhuman strength or durability unless he's transformed, and when he is transformed he suffers more or less due to being made of organic steel, but others such as Wolverine seem to have no particular limitations at all.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Adonis

Heritage, the way we have it set up, each character is allowed One major power, and two minor. Each of the powers *will* have a flaw to it, so as to not allow one person to be indestructible, all powerful, and boring. Hence the character sheets being run through myself and Secret before approval. She and I are fairly flexible and easy to work with, so working something out to get the desired effects that you wish really shouldn't be a problem.
O/O's

Secretwriter

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 28, 2010, 11:10:05 PM
What is the expectation regarding power limitations for an original character? It seems fairly obvious that, say, Colossus doesn't have access to his superhuman strength or durability unless he's transformed, and when he is transformed he suffers more or less due to being made of organic steel, but others such as Wolverine seem to have no particular limitations at all.

Quote from: Adonis on November 28, 2010, 11:12:22 PM
Heritage, the way we have it set up, each character is allowed One major power, and two minor. Each of the powers *will* have a flaw to it, so as to not allow one person to be indestructible, all powerful, and boring. Hence the character sheets being run through myself and secret before approval. Her and I are fairly flexible and easy to work with, so working something out to get the desired effects that you wish really shouldn't be a problem.

Like he said, it's basically to keep those that want to run in Godmode and be indestructible, no flaws or weaknesses out of the game.  A person playing an obvious Mary Sue character is well... hard to play with and it keeps others from having fun. Especially if others refuse to play with someone b/c they're running amok with not having a way to be called into check.

Lady Lunarius

i'm such an indecisive nutter. Lol so I can go ahead and message the profile to you when I finish it correct? Anything else I should know?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Adonis

Go ahead and post it here in the wanted thread, and her and I will take a look at it !
O/O's

Lady Lunarius

>.> Okies will do ;) Working on it now. teehee
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Secretwriter

Lady Lunarius

What year is this taking place? Also would it be all right if I include a pic with my descriptions?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Adonis

Current, and yes, pictures are most encouraged ^^
O/O's

Cold Heritage

Should the limitation match how versatile and plot-affecting the power is?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Secretwriter

Well, if it's stronger than anything canon, it's probably too much.

Adonis

Powers:
Major: Instant memorization (Photographic) - Memorizes any and all information he comes across near instantly
Minor: Extraordinary reflexes - Reflexes bordering on pre-cognition (only within line of sight)
Minor: Power Drain (Electrical) - Drains electricity from nearby sources as needed (required for mutated powers to function)

Power Limitations:

Major: Instant memorization (Photographic) - Extreme sensitivity to magnetism, even small refrigerator magnets cause mild nausea. Larger, unshielded magnets cause excruciating migraines. EMP - Blacks out/Comatose dependent on how close he is to the epicenter

Minor: Extraordinary reflexes - Often uncontrolled due to the speed of the reactions. (I.e., Dont sneak up on him ! - A bloody nose will likely be the result!)

Minor: Power Drain (Electrical) - Needs to drain electrical current in order for all of his other powers to function. Without a source of electricity to "charge" his brain, he's just like any other normal non-mutant.

An example of the powers of one of the characters that have been approved.

If you can give examples of what you're after, we can work with you and get it working.
O/O's

Secretwriter

QuotePowers:
Major: Resistant to Fire
Minor: Healing of herself and others
Minor: Static shock… minor pain but a great party favor. When angered it can paralyze someone for all of about a minute. 

Power Limitations:
Major: Resistant to Fire - Cannot start fires, or control fire in any way, it just doesn't burn her. She is resistant to smoke.
Minor: Healing of herself and others - If she's healing others, she can't heal herself at the same time.  She has to choose others over herself or herself over others at any given point.  This ability fades when over used and has to recharge.
Minor: Static shock - it's a very small ability, it might get stronger, but if it does, one of her other abilities will fade.

Another example of what we have so far.

Lady Lunarius

I was figuring I'd do a shapeshifter if that is all right. ;)

Ever sit there writing and realize...you can't think of a word that you're desperately needing? I am experiencing that right now.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Secretwriter

That sounds good to us, Lady Lunarius, we'll be interested in seeing what you come up with for limitations also. LOL.  And now I will stop talking like the Borg.

I get that problem all the time.  It's very frustrating. *hugs*