My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

I was randomly perusing Youtube vids, and I found a pony one that made me happy. Linking it here! I don't know if anyone has shared this one before, so I hope it's not a repost!

Button's Adventures

Wolfy

Button Mash is an OC that was created by Jan Animation and ShadyVox.

If you check out the episode "Hearts and Hooves Day", though...you can see him in the background. :3

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmHafZOIfQM

Blythe

Quote from: Wolfy on January 14, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

If you check out the episode "Hearts and Hooves Day", though...you can see him in the background. :3

Also:

I know he is, but I thought that it looked pretty impressive.

*laughs after watching the link Wolfy left* And okay, he might be an OC, but I think I like him. ^^ (I'll try not to post anything OC here again, so the thread can be about the actual show/ponies!) I didn't know he was in the background of "Hearts and Hooves Day" though!

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

ThatOneGuy

Sabby

"I thought you hated the Water Temple"

ulthakptah

Quote from: Wolfy on January 14, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

Also:

I really wouldn't say he is an OC. More like a background pony who the fans gave a personality. You know like Derpy, Lyra, and Octavia.

HairyHeretic

http://mlpccg.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Collectible_Card_Game_Wiki

Might be of interest to some folks here. I knew there was a cartoon, but hadn't heard about a CCG.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Wolfy

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 17, 2014, 09:51:52 AM

Might be of interest to some folks here. I knew there was a cartoon, but hadn't heard about a CCG.

Yeah, I've seen it at Walmart. lol

Ironwolf85

Hey ponies and bronies, just found out there is a Ponyfinder RPG based on pathfinder, one of my players brought it up, and brought an exerpt.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Yukina

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on January 17, 2014, 09:14:12 PM
Hey ponies and bronies, just found out there is a Ponyfinder RPG based on pathfinder, one of my players brought it up, and brought an exerpt.

Shall we gather some E members and make an online group for it?

Chris Brady

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 17, 2014, 09:51:52 AM

Known about it, Asmariamoon is a rather large fan of the game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Dhi

Is this the same project that was early on a core book style ~3 pages with race entries for the three pony races?

Thorne

I heard about that. It caused giggles.
I don't know if I'd ever play it, but knowing it exists has given me back some small piece of my faith in humanity.

All I want to know now is what section of E such a game would be played on, and how many of the Rule 34 images would see use in it. ;p
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Yukina

Quote from: Thorne on January 17, 2014, 11:25:48 PM
I heard about that. It caused giggles.
I don't know if I'd ever play it, but knowing it exists has given me back some small piece of my faith in humanity.

All I want to know now is what section of E such a game would be played on, and how many of the Rule 34 images would see use in it. ;p

I was mostly thinking of an online group that met on Skype, RollD20, etc. every week, being more of a gaming group than a roleplay.

Dhi

I had really low expectations for the card game when I clicked, but on a closer look it touches on some of what I feel is necessary for a genuine MLP game. My partner teaches special needs children and so I'm always looking at things like this that're both fun for kids and teach skills like simple math and reading. I am not sure the rules are something they could grasp, though. I had the same problem with Witch Girl Adventures- made for a young audience, perfect for giving creative minds an outlet, but there's more crunch to the rules than they can really handle.

Oniya

That's when you go all house-rules.  Examine the existing ruleset, scrap what's too complicated, and fill in where needed.  Hey, it worked for D&D2e!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Chris Brady

Most of 2e was house rules anyway.  Secondary skills, Proficiencies, three initiative systems...  The list goes on!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Thorne

Quote from: Yugishogun on January 17, 2014, 11:29:13 PM
I was mostly thinking of an online group that met on Skype, RollD20, etc. every week, being more of a gaming group than a roleplay.

Counts me out, then. I don't have time for another VoIP game - and I wouldn't touch Skype with a standard issue 10' bargepole. Post transcripts!

(also, since when is tabletop /not/ roleplaying? o.O )
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Yukina

Quote from: Thorne on January 18, 2014, 05:30:13 PM
Counts me out, then. I don't have time for another VoIP game - and I wouldn't touch Skype with a standard issue 10' bargepole. Post transcripts!

(also, since when is tabletop /not/ roleplaying? o.O )

(I was trying to find a way differentiate the two styles)

I'd still think I'd be fine doing one on Elliquiy though. I just don't want to be the dm due to how horrid I am at it.

Ember Star

Kinda off topic from the show. But I Co Admin a pony art page on Facebook, and I "like" a bunch of others. However, there's a whole "   anti brony league" going around trying to get all pony pages shut down because they view all bronies are perverts or something. It's only the clop pages that are in real danger. But they seem to be targeting everybody. Just a warning, if anybody knows a pony page on Facebook.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ironwolf85

Oddly enough, he lead to the creation of a humanoid/ponyoid race in my game world.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

DreamingWriter

Yay! I listen to that video at least once every day [Smiles]