Western town group game

Started by RedEve, August 22, 2013, 10:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

I was wondering if anyone would be interesting in having a group game set in a post-civil war Western town.
Think "Deadwood" in terms of general style and tone.
You could play the proprietor of a saloon, a fancy brothel madam, the town doctor or Sheriff, a down on his luck prospector, a preacher, a gun for hire, ...

In terms of the plot, I would set the game at a time when the community is confronted with a large influx of new people due to some gold and silver being discovered nearby, bringing along every chancer and hanger on in the large vicinity.

Before I work out a CS and flesh out the idea more, I'd like to have a proverbial show of hands in here of folks who (perhaps) would be interested in such a game. Thanks!

*edit*

Edited to add the when and where as well as the CS:

The year will be 1876 (keep that in mind if you make a character with a civil war past, in terms of him or her having an appropriate age).
The location will be the fictional town of Whitestone in Colorado, which has recently gone through a boom in population due to the discovery of precious ores in the nearby hills.

[float=right][img width=400 padding=20][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (this section can be replaced by a picture, or you can combine a photograph with a written description)
[b]Role:[/b] (a short and general description of your characters role, can be as simple and short as “doctor” or “Sherriff”)
[b]Background:[/b] (give a short history of your characters life up to that point. Where is he or she from, how did he/she end up in Whitestone, what did they do before they arrived in that town, what are their goals in life now that they live in that community,…)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

HarleyQuinn

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedEve

Rejoice!  :-)

Forgot to add in my OP that if you have some idea of what you'd like to play, it might be interesting to hear it already. :)

RubySlippers

I might like this, not big on freeform but its not like everyone will be a combat monster.

arkhos

Would love to do this. Town doctor would be awesome, who was a doc during the Civil War, depending on how much after the CW this takes place. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Aiden

I'd be up for a game in this setting.

Perhaps a con man/ snake oil hustler or  an heir to a family ranch.

I have plenty of ideas for this setting. It will be like playing Red Dead Redemption

Lord Rupert Everton

I am interested. Would love to play some sort of ex-soldier.

Julles

I'm tentatively interested. Maybe an heiress to a fortune moved west recently... with a dark side of course.

IrishWolf

I always enjoy the wild west. Union Army vet turned miner for me.

Wargtass

Former Ranger who got his leg crushed and have settled down in a small town for his retirement... yes, that might do. Will have to work on it.  ;D
O/O

Sara Nilsson

hmmmm.... is there room for a lonely girl somewhere? thinking the lonely widow now struggling alone on the farm :) or possibly the owner of the local whore house

HarleyQuinn

I'd love to be one of the Saloon girls. Not like the prostitute kind but the performer kind. Or a general store owner?

Wargtass

Quote from: HarleyQuinn on August 22, 2013, 08:49:54 PM
I'd love to be one of the Saloon girls. Not like the prostitute kind but the performer kind. Or a general store owner?

Like a burlesque dancer? Because I know one gentleman that would enjoy that...  ::)
O/O

HarleyQuinn

Quote from: Wargtass on August 22, 2013, 08:55:33 PM
Like a burlesque dancer? Because I know one gentleman that would enjoy that...  ::)

Yeah, something like that!

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Wargtass on August 22, 2013, 08:55:33 PM

I hope you dont mean yourself.. because.. gentleman....

Wargtass

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 22, 2013, 09:02:01 PM
I hope you dont mean yourself.. because.. gentleman....

It's not very ladylike to lie, Sara. You could get in trouble...  ;D
O/O

Sara Nilsson

RubySlippers

I will likely build and run the local school offering a four year and eight year option, depending how much education the parents want for modest tuition if the school headmistress is not taken.

PhantomPistoleer

I'm interested in playing the forlorn sheriff.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ElCapitan

I like the idea on the down on his luck prospector.  Less 'crazy coot' and more 'eternal optimist despite chained failures.' Always has another plan that'll totally work this time.

Maybe as a cover for a growing desperation.

RedEve

Lovely to see so many interested folks already.

I will cook up a CS ASAP. :)

One thing that has been decided already is the when and where.

The year will be 1876 (keep that in mind if you make a character with a civil war past, in terms of him or her having an appropriate age).
The location will be the fictional town of Whitestone in Colorado, which has recently gone through a boom in population due to the discovery of precious ores in the nearby hills.

Silk

RedEve

The CS:

[float=right][img width=400 padding=20][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (this section can be replaced by a picture, or you can combine a photograph with a written description)
[b]Role:[/b] (a short and general description of your characters role, can be as simple and short as “doctor” or “Sherriff”)
[b]Background:[/b] (give a short history of your characters life up to that point. Where is he or she from, how did he/she end up in Whitestone, what did they do before they arrived in that town, what are their goals in life now that they live in that community,…)

Send them to me in a PM or put them in this thread.

Sara Nilsson