BakemonoShiki [Interest Check]

Started by Leki, February 03, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leki

Leki said Leki was back....
Leki lied, Leki lied so bad.  :-X

It's so weird seeing Gardsorm talking about the last BMS....
Not in a bad way, but considering he wasn't around, it makes me pause with confusion every once in awhile.
Will also admit, every time I hear fox-napping, I just think of a fox happily snoozing away.... :/

Anyway OOC and writing activity should be up and running soon.
I think I've procrastinated enough.
Vonandi's sent me their character.... and it's looking really nice so far.
A Veskran Demon woman with an appetite for red meat xD

Dinner, a quick errand, and then OOC.
Promises~
Lets see if I can keep them

Aaaaand OoC is now live~
I won't be posting my list just yet, but essentially it's what a handpicking of 5 characters you're looking forward to as the player. It could be in relation to your character, but it doesn't have to be.

Gardsorm

I was there in spirit, perhaps to the left of the scene each time. I was playing the pink-haired onlooker watching those two drink from a fountain while never telling them of the danger, the pink haired onlooker who watched a guy attach an unintebtionally-explosive ofuda to a slimeboy... I may have seen it all. :3

Vonandi's character sounds fun! And now I feel bad I wrote up my list so early because I probably would have added her. x: Well, plenty of time to get the interactions underway when the game begins proper.

Anyways, I finished my writing prompt, with a bit extra because there was just so much I liked. >>;

Vonandi

Name: Morana
Player: Vonandi https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile
Height: 5’6”
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Black Sclera, orange irises, and pupils that are like looking to the heart of a furnace
World:Veskra
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality
Independent/Erratic/Reckless: She values her freedom above all else, and pays little mind to rules both concrete or abstract, moral or civil. Detests taking orders or feeling like she is being constrained in any way. As such she’s generally hard to control or predict, and often she acts only to stafisty whatever her current whims are with little thought of the possible consequences.

Pleasure-seeking/Ruthless:She finds herself growing bored fairly quickly, and is constantly seeking new things to amuse her. Often involving violence and almost always at the expense of others.

Shiki Background
History: Monsters aren’t created idly: The only constant in Morana’s life has been hardship. From being forced to kill and eat her womb-mates to survive as a freshly born whelp, from serving in the legions of a great demon Lord during her formative years.

If one thing has been beaten into psyche over her millennia of existence it’s that if that you are unable to fight, if you are unable to Kill, you are less than meat - a meal, a slave, a toy: Nothing. Morana didn’t chose to come to earth, she was thrown to earth. Stripped and beaten within an inch of her life, exiled from her world and wiped of her status by beings more powerful than her. Thrown into a world of weaklings, of creatures who fear her - obey her… In this world she has the power, no human can touch her - they worship the corpses she leaves in her wake. If this is what it takes to be free, than she pities anyone who tries to stop her.

Perception of Humanity: Meat. Cattle. She has no interest in the affairs of humans and has no qualms in ending their lives. The idea of being bound to one actively disgusts and angers her, but her hunger for prana is insatiable, and to that end she has swallowed her pride and opened her self to helping the occultists - at least for now.

Resistant to pain/Flaming claws: Her claws are razor sharp, and she can wreath and part of her body in flames that can melt through steel just by touching it.

Flame Displacement: She wreaths herself in flames: in addition to burning people who get close to her the flames mirror parts of her image, making it hard to tell where she actually is in the blaze.

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

Other Points of Interest:
-Her physiology rejects anything that isn’t fresh red meat, and She usually subsists on small animals to that effect.

-She mainly uses her wings to grant her a degree of verticality, as they are too weak to carry her for extended periods.

Gardsorm

Holy crap she looks and sounds scary.

I like scary. So clearly we're going to have to invest in a little farm for her needs. xD

Avalon29

Well looks like there's somebody else Hazuki needs to help get drunk just to see what happens. :P

Also seems like a good person to take with you when trying to find the best meat for banquets to steal acquire during the dark hour.

JoanieSappho

I can't wait to see how she and Melusine disagree about treating humans.

Leki

Haha, I actually really like Morana xD
Kind of imagine Laphren, Morana, Hazuki, and Zechiel getting together to form the Veskran Demonic Council of Earth!
Imagining Laphren as Pride, Morana as Wrath, Hazuki as Gluttony and Zechiel as.... no idea yet xD
Though I imagine Ari would be constantly challenging Hazuki for her spot....
Even if it's a demons only group xD He can still be an honorable member though?

MelodyCake

I'm really liking Morana! And I love the fact that she's only willing to allow herself to bond with a human because of her thirst for prana and power. I'm guessing anyone who's going to be trying to get her to bond, is going to need to sacrifice more then just one sigil to keep her ;)

Hahaha! Leki! I couldn't agree more xD
Ari would definitely challenge Hazuki for her spot as Gluttony. Heck, I can even see him trying to sneak into those meetings, cause he feels he deserves to be counted amongst the most scary and evil bunch of the Shiki.

Avalon29

Could probably stick Hazuki as Greed as she fits that spot just as well I mean she moved to an entirely different world just because she wanted a better view and more stuff. We can put Ari as honorary Gluttony or maybe Envy if he keeps trying hard to get in the group. xD

Leki

Quote from: JoanieSappho on February 23, 2018, 08:33:00 PMI can't wait to see how she and Melusine disagree about treating humans.
Mhmm, I'm quite interested in seeing how the Shiki perceive and interact with humans. It's nice having Shiki who are willing to go with the setup and be eager to bond.... but at the same time I do love a bit of conflict; whether it be internal, or outwardly hostile xD

@Demonic Stuff
Yeah, we could do that...
But it's more fun trying to watch Ari trying to join, and failing xD
Kind of like a comedy where a man tries to sneak into a Ladies only club, wearing the most bizarre and exaggerated disguises.
Kind of imagine Ari going down to the beach, picking up two spiral shaped shells, and placing them over his ears. Claiming to be Ari-el, the coral demon~

Vonandi

Hey, what's a game about otherworldly creatures without a totally uninhibited violent sociopath? Though I'm totally open for some sort of "Now I see the error of my ways" arc if it's not completely ridiculous. Originally the crux of the character was going to be that she could only eat living things but she was remorseful and goodly, but maybe that's something to work towards if it ends heading that way.

I'm not sure about a demon council, I feel like she might be liable to just wander off during important meetings, or just not meet up out of spite because she took it as an order :<

Gardsorm

Quote from: Vonandi on February 24, 2018, 01:38:25 AM
Hey, what's a game about otherworldly creatures without a totally uninhibited violent sociopath? Though I'm totally open for some sort of "Now I see the error of my ways" arc if it's not completely ridiculous. Originally the crux of the character was going to be that she could only eat living things but she was remorseful and goodly, but maybe that's something to work towards if it ends heading that way.

I'm not sure about a demon council, I feel like she might be liable to just wander off during important meetings, or just not meet up out of spite because she took it as an order :<

Our group is almost 80% a mix of unreliable antics, self-interests, and generally people doing what they like inbetween lifting a finger every so often to save their dirtball of a world (because if it gets overrun, then there won't be any more good times to enjoy). =p

At least as far as that capacity is concerned, she's in the right group!

Leki

I've said it before, but I'm really looking forward to the contrast between how various Shiki perceive humans differently.
Joanie mentioned already how it'd be interesting to see Melusine and Morana interact over their differing opinions.
I can't promise the interactions will always be peaceful and welcoming.... but conflict makes for better reading anyway. And we're all seasoned enough to know the difference between character hostility and player hostility. Would be interesting to see Shiki getting into a brawl at some stage.

As for the Demonic Council... they're demons.
I doubt Laphren would turn up for 99% of the meetings, and he'd probably quit if it involved any responsibilities xD
Being part of the Demon Council = Boasting Rights. And cheaper Pizza on Tuesday

Also with Zechiel and Morana accepted, our cast is almost completely fleshed out.
Still waiting for Akirakaneda to get back to me on their character Kensuke... but besides that everyone so far is accepted and accounted for.

Avalon29

Woo! Almost everybody is accounted for!

As for demon meeting, Hazuki would only show up for two reasons as an excuse to disappear from whatever she's doing and drink or convince someone to do something for her, plus titles are good and plus it's an excuse to brag about things to fellow Veskrans.

Leki

A reminder, just in case people might have missed it.
We now have an OoC Thread
IC should be coming within the next few days too <3

Final chance for people to join if they want to get in before things officially start up.