News:

Main Menu

Vibes

Started by Desan, April 28, 2009, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desan

*Stretches his fingers*

Been a while since I've made an entry. Anyways, this one is on vibes. Comments always appreciated.

When I talk to people who I've just met, I usually can feel a vibe emit from them either quickly, or within a couple days after communication with them. To me, feeling a vibe from someone is also a factor when I consider starting up a role-play (or even a one shot) with them or not.

I guess a vibe can strongly go hand and hand with the persons personality. A person who is rude, disrespecting and dishonest gives off a very bad vibe (and I can catch that pretty quickly). Others give off a warm, comforting vibe, and of course, it usually goes hand in hand with their friendly and inviting personality. Not all the times.

Some of my..we'll say predictions...aren't always right. I may get a bad vibe from someone but they end up being a great person. I may feel a good or decent vibe from someone and they end up being a complete butt-hole. It's a hit or a miss though I'd have to say a good 80% of the times I'm correct when it comes to a persons vibe.

Not only does ones awareness to another persons vibe come in handy when dealing with playing and such, it also can give off a good signal (or warning) as to either keep in touch and mingle with the other person, or stay away for he or she may be trouble to you.

Unfortunately for me, even if I feel a bad vibe from a person, others may not recognize it before they experience something from the actual person. It kind of stinks not being able to really do much when it feels like you say you have a bad vibe from someone and people just take it as your own personal opinion and don't listen. Sucks but oh well, sometimes it takes an actual action to speak for itself yea?

As for me, I think I'll continue to listen to my gut when I get a bad or good vibe from someone. Doesn't mean I will ignore you because I think you're a bad person because I feel a bad vibe from you. I may just be a bit more cautious until I feel you out (not like that pervs =p >_>) and get to know you better.

Thoughts?
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Ordell

I've always been a vibe person and it normally shows how I act with certain people.  I try hard to never ignore someone, but if they ever do cross that line, I have no problem letting go.  Great post there Desan!

crystaltears

A good read, and I know what you mean. I too pick up on the vibes of others. Most of the time I only pay attention to the particularly strong ones (either good or bad). ^^

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Desan.
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Greenthorn

I get those vibes...and have used them for good things.  I can normally "label" someone within a day of watching them or interacting with them.

;D

Cherri Tart

i use vibes all the time... oh, wait, not those kind? nevermind! *giggles*

seriously, i live by those vibes - i mean, sometimes somone just feels right or wrong, and i pay attention to them - not here, i mean, it's hard to judge on line sometimes so i usually don't pay as much attention - for me, i think it's body language and tone of voice mostly, so it's more of an in person thing - i know i'm certainly mis judged people here based on 'a feeling' too often to be comfy using the vibeometer. :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored