The Brothel: A Flower on the Iron Shore [Extreme, System]

Started by ShadowOfHeaven, April 16, 2012, 04:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowOfHeaven

This story is high fantasy and fairly unforgiving.
Characters can absolutely be wounded, raped, diseased, poisoned, or killed.
They can also flourish and succeed.

The goal is always to have fun.

THE KINGDOM

The King is dead. A hundred years of war have left the once beautiful and mighty Kingdom a ravaged and fragmented ruin of abandoned cities and deserted temples. The young are born atop the dead, the new is built upon the old, and all of the stories of yesterday have been forgotten. The beasts and creatures of the deep forest, long ago pushed from the edges of the Kingdom, are beginning to return. The strongholds scattered throughout the land have become isolated states upon themselves and the young and brave who dare to venture beyond their walls step into a world that is entirely changed from that their forefathers told them of.

This is the Age of the Changing Wind.

THE IRON SHORE

Across the wide land there are many strongholds unconquered by the wild and war, but among them all The Iron Shore is the strongest and largest. Those of royal blood and guile who harbor still the dream of empire and dominion are most often to be found behind the high walls of the Stronghold on its black beach and gray sea. Those brave enough to travel the open lands often seek the refuge of the Iron Shore and so most often bring news of terrors in the wild and the schemes of the brave and sinister alike.

THE BLOSSOM HOUSE

The secrets of men have been known to raise and topple the greatest lords of the land. All too often, it is said, the drunken words of dead kings fall on the soft bosom of the whore. The world has become a harsh and wretched place, and so more now than ever the gentle touch and kind words of a beautiful girl are an escape from the torments of the politic and war. The Blossom House, a brothel at the heart of the market streets of the Iron Shore, is one of the few reminders of a time when the halls of men were draped in gold and silk. Luxury in a world of famine, all men and women of status eventually find their way within her rich walls to the scent of perfumes and spices fresh.

THE STORY

The King is dead and there is power to be had. The old creatures of the world are waking and the world is changing. Hither comes news from far and distant lands, and it comes to the Blossom House. This brothel is the central setting for a larger story that encompasses the Iron Shore and world abound. This is a world where the loyalty of men at arms is the difference between life and death, and whores are good at making friends.

CHARACTERS
This story is searching for a few specific sorts of characters - People of Influence, People of Arms, and Whores.

The specific motivations and backstories of characters is, of course, up to the creativity of the writer. However, people of influence should generally be trying to win the support of others, people of arms should defend from the monsters of the world and the treachery of others, and whore should be seeking the protection, power, and wealth of both groups. Each type of character has a general trait that will be reflected in the story: People of arms fair best in combat, people of influence have greater wealth, and whores will not be killed while in the company of another willing to protect them and in addition to this they will be provided with secrets overheard from customers in addition to any they might learn from actual characters. Characters can and probably will change types during the course of the story through a variety of plot points.

A soldier who becomes wounded may fare better as a man of influence.
A lady of influence who makes the wrong enemies may be enslaved and turned into a whore, etc.
It is entirely possible for a whore to become free, gain influence, and become Queen / King.

Some basic things to keep in mind. A character's breeding has diminished, but had been very important during the time of The Kingdom and many still value the old blood.
Being a royal will gain your friends, but it will also gain you enemies, so consider this when building your character's background.

THE MAJOR HOUSES
You may create your own house if you wish.

House Dawnsheer
    • The family of the Fair Queen, now dead. The most noble of all houses.
      This house has the strongest claim to the throne.
      Always fair of haired and fair skinned, blue or green eyed, and beautiful.
    House Tidemoore
    • The legendary pirate Eurls Tidemoore supported the King at the Battle of Evenstow 80 years ago and for it was granted wealth and land.
      This house has the strongest ships.
      Wide variety of appearances, ALWAYS tattooed.
    House Freyawk
    • The sword bards of Freyawk lead the charge at the Clash of White Horns.
      This house is the most eager to battle.
      Red of hair and fair skinned, often freckled.
    House Sester
    • Rumored to have been born of a white snake and a black snake. The Night Lord Wyrg Garion Sester ruled for 160 years before being defeated by The King's Army.
      This house hopes to reclaim former glory and punish those who oppose them.
      ALWAYS black haired and fair skinned OR white haired and dark skinned.

LAW (WITHIN THE CITY)
Crimes against the city are punishable by Death.
(Arson, Murder, Violence against an Official or Guard, Theft from Business.)
2 witnesses (or one city guard) to trial or live bounty.
5 witnesses (or two city guards) to convict without trial.

Personal Crimes (such as theft or vandalism) are handled by Combat or Payment.
2 witnesses (or one guard) required.
Trial by Combat - Champions are permitted.
Payment is twice the value of the item stolen or destroyed.

Social Crimes (such as rape) are most often handled by duel.
Champions are permitted.
Winner claims satisfaction.

GOLD AND ITS IMPORTANCE
All characters begin with a small amount of gold, some more than others. Characters of influence receive a monthly allowance from their assumed business ventures. Characters of arms can use gold to purchase stronger weapons, armor, food, and the company of men or women. Whores' gold is given to the Blossom House, but whores who earn vast wealth are treated with favor and can even earn their freedom. Whores may also be purchased for personal ownership by highly active characters. The earnings of an owned whore go to the owner.

BEGINNING
4 skill points.
1 level.
    Influence characters begin with 50 gold, Combat 2, level 1 equipment.
    • Allowance of 50 gold per week.
    Arms characters begin with 25 gold, Combat 3, level 2 equipment.
    Whores begin with 0 gold, Combat 1, no equipment.

PROGRESSION (MONTHLY, ACTIVITY)
All characters gain 3 skill point and 1 level.

Influence characters gain +25 gold to weekly allowance, +1 Combat.
Arms characters gain +2 Combat.
Whores gain +1 weekly secret and rumor.
Whores price increases / decreases (by demand).

EQUIPMENT AND COSTS
Food and Drink: 7g per week.
Weapons and Armor: 100g per level of equipment (maximum effective equipment level is equal to Combat)
Brothel Room: 10g per week.
Whore: 1g per romp, 300g x price - ownership / freedom.
Horses: 100g riding, 300g war.
Ships: 1000g small, 5000g large, 10,000g war.

SKILLS
A skill's maximum rating is character level.
(Reminder: Combat covers all weapons. Weapons are not skills)

Subtlety and Hiding (City)
Subtlety and Hiding (Wild)
Riding
Sailing
Wilderness Survival
City Survival and Begging
Craft Metal
Craft Wood and Stone
Craft Cloth
Craft Food and Drink
War Strategy
Drinking
Cards and Games of Chance
Poison and Alchemy
Resist Poison
Healing
Dancing
Singing
Musical Instrument
Balance and Acrobatics
Reading and Writing
Investigation
City Contacts

SYSTEM
Some actions such as theft or combat require commitment to the action.
The ultimate winner is determined via dice roll before the role-play and the role-play reflects the outcome.

Subtlety and Misc actions (such as riding, climbing, sailing, etc).
D20+Character level + Skill vs Difficulty.

Combat
D20+Weapon Skill + Equipment Level.

APPLYING TO PLAY

CHARACTER SHEET -

Personal Name:
    Family / House / Clan Name:
    sex, age, appearance (or image)
    influence | arms | whore
    personality, background, motivation.
    skills (1 point to start, see list above)
    level (1 to start)
    weapon skill (see above)
    equipment description, level (see above)
    WRITING SAMPLE, in medias res
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124957.msg5498498#msg5498498

please quote when responding to messages.
It makes my life much easier.

summoner2183

ShadowOfHeaven

Glad to hear it. Still in the building phase, but keep an eye out.

summoner2183

ShadowOfHeaven

aya

Keeping my eye on this one, seems fun! I'll think more about a character after my finals today, but I'm leaning towards a fiery Sesterian whore of ex-Royal lineage trying to reclaim the throne ;P

ShadowOfHeaven

Quote from: aya on April 17, 2012, 11:34:49 AM
Keeping my eye on this one, seems fun! I'll think more about a character after my finals today, but I'm leaning towards a fiery Sesterian whore of ex-Royal lineage trying to reclaim the throne ;P

Sounds excellent.

aya

Irie Sevinia Sester of House Sester
Appearance (Sans witch apparel)
Whore
Reading and Writing 1
War Strategy 1
City Contacts 1

Level 1
No equipment.

A frighteningly determined woman, Irie cares about nothing but reclaiming the throne in the name of her house. She is cunning, manipulative, and intelligent, and above all- desperate. Nothing is below her so long as it will get her closer to her goal. A pureblooded descendent of the royal Sester lineage, Irie's grandmother had just barely escaped the slaughter by The King's Army. With the House completely defeated, old allies and strangers alike closed their doors to her, not turning her in out of respect for their old allegiances. When Irie was eventually born, she had spent a life on the run, from former enemies of the House. Driven by revenge, Irie vowed to stop at nothing to reclaim House Sester's former glory.

In order to go unnoticed, Irie found a place for her amongst the whores of the Blossom House. She was given a place to stay, food, and most importantly of all, nobody would look for the heiress of House Sester inside a whorehouse, giving her all the time in the world to plan her revenge. Irie would sleep with every man in the world if it meant House Sester could reclaim its rightful spot. As it turned out, the profession was not as bad as she thought. Many patrons were attracted by the dark-haired beauty, and men tended to tell everything to those who share their bed.

Writing sample
Irie put on her best show of fake ecstasy as the large, overweight man slid into her from behind. She could feel his disgusting belly fat slap against her porcelain, round ass with every thrust, his full stiffness barely able to tickle her. Even still, the dark-haired Sester moaned and squealed like a good whore should, continuing to buck against him. The old lord, unable to keep up with Irie's tight, velvet tunnel, began to groan loudly minutes after. His seed pathetically dribbled out inside of her before leaking down her silken thighs, leaving a warm, sticky trail. As Lord Baretheus collapsed on the bed, Irie draped her naked body over him and let the full, round globes of her chest sink into his arm.

"Like I always say Irie, you're the best remedy for a long day of work." Baretheus sighed in satisfaction, tossing her a single gold coin.

"Thank you, my lord."

"You wouldn't believe how busy it is at the weapon mills nowadays. The Freyawks have been putting in orders for ludicrous amounts of weaponry; it appears that they intend to fight for their claim, should all else fail." He snorted. "Bunch of battle hungry fools, is what they are. Just between you and me," the Lord chuckled, turning to Irie. "I told the smiths to only use three quarters the normal amount of steel. The rest is iron, or whatever we can scavenge. They never can tell the difference, and it gives us some nice coin."

"You are ever so intelligent, my lord." Irie cooed, her slender hand reaching down to play with Baretheus' flaccid cock. If the Freyawks were amassing arms, it meant that the Houses were beginning to move. While Baretheus was trying to make some extra coin for his pocket, Irie could see what was really important: they were fighting with inferior weaponry. If the smiths could be bought, the swords could be made completely defective- and there was no better man to talk to for that job than Lord Baretheus, owner of the three largest forges on the Iron Shore. A connection such as this one could not be let go.

"I'm awfully attracted to smart men such as you, my lord." Irie purred, before taking his stiffening shaft into her mouth. She held her disgust as her tongue and lips coaxed Baretheus to another orgasm.

summoner2183

Personal Name: Matthew Freyark
Family / House / Clan Name: Freyark
sex, age, appearance: 23, Male, He is leanly built, unlike his brothers who are bulkier and built like a gladiator. He has red hair that is almost rust in color, the odd one out of the five sons that his father had.
Arms
Level 1

Skills
Healing: Level 1
Daggers: Level 1
Maces: Level 1

Weapons
Short Dagger: Level 1
Mace: Level 1

The odd one of the five sons that the Freyawks had, Matthew is the third son of the brother of the current Lord of House Freyawk. While almost all Freyawks are always hungry for battle, which was evident in the way they have been requesting arms from the blacksmiths that House Baretheus employs. He does not know it is a good thing or not, but being the odd one out of the group does sometimes have its hassles, since his brothers often tease him of his place and his inclination of not using violence unless necessary.

He however is still gifted in the art of war, since he partook the training that all Freyawks had since he was young. He was however more gifted in the art of healing, the only one out of five brothers that actually had a talent for it that came from his mother, which delighted her to no end. He had no real ambition to rule... oh no, leave that to his brothers and father to do so. He was actually after the position of Chief Healer and Royal Physician in the Court, something that he always strived to work for.

Sample Writing

"You are certain of this?" Darius Freyawk fixed his errant third son with a look that demanded answers, still not believing at what he had just heard. The nerve of the boy... wanting to become a healer, just like his mother! While he grudgingly accepted that his third son took to his looks, he had his mother's brownish red hair as well as his flawless smooth face, unlike the traditional Freyawk red hair and freckled face. Apparently, that was not all that his wife passed down to his third son.

Even now, his troop leaders and even his other sons also noted that Matthew was a far more superior healer than any of the healers the House had produced, and is able to defend himself should the need arises. It was a potential boon for them, since a healer that could defend himself was rare in this day and age.

"I am certain of this father..." Matthew said in a calm, even manner. "As you know, I am far more suited in the healing areas of the House rather than the combat areas, even though I will not hesitate to defend myself should the need arises. Furthermore, once our house has taken the Throne, I propose that the Combat Healer program should be introduced into the army. It would reduce the loss of fighting men as there always be healers to patch things up and bring the army back to full combat conditions."

Darius nodded as he considered his son's plans. They were indeed sound and if the Freyawks does finally take the throne, he knew who to thank, since if what his son's plans came true, they would hold an advantage of fitter fighting men that would always be healed and ready to go to battle without the hassle of being carted off the battlefield because of injuries, or suffer the loss of fighting men due to the absence of combat capable healers.

"Very well then... I shall consider your plans, and I will summon you once we have made preparations for the conquest for the throne." He said in finality, and Matthew nodded, bowing politely to his father and left his study, wanting to meet his mother to deliver the good news to her in person.

ShadowOfHeaven

Quote from: aya on April 18, 2012, 01:32:26 AM
Irie Sevinia Sester of House Sester
Appearance (Sans witch apparel)
Whore
Reading and Writing
War Strategy
City Contacts

Level 1
No equipment.

A frighteningly determined woman, Irie cares about nothing but reclaiming the throne in the name of her house. She is cunning, manipulative, and intelligent, and above all- desperate. Nothing is below her so long as it will get her closer to her goal. A pureblooded descendent of the royal Sester lineage, Irie's grandmother had just barely escaped the slaughter by The King's Army. With the House completely defeated, old allies and strangers alike closed their doors to her, not turning her in out of respect for their old allegiances. When Irie was eventually born, she had spent a life on the run, from former enemies of the House. Driven by revenge, Irie vowed to stop at nothing to reclaim House Sester's former glory.

In order to go unnoticed, Irie found a place for her amongst the whores of the Blossom House. She was given a place to stay, food, and most importantly of all, nobody would look for the heiress of House Sester inside a whorehouse, giving her all the time in the world to plan her revenge. Irie would sleep with every man in the world if it meant House Sester could reclaim its rightful spot. As it turned out, the profession was not as bad as she thought. Many patrons were attracted by the dark-haired beauty, and men tended to tell everything to those who share their bed.

Writing sample
Irie put on her best show of fake ecstasy as the large, overweight man slid into her from behind. She could feel his disgusting belly fat slap against her porcelain, round ass with every thrust, his full stiffness barely able to tickle her. Even still, the dark-haired Sester moaned and squealed like a good whore should, continuing to buck against him. The old lord, unable to keep up with Irie's tight, velvet tunnel, began to groan loudly minutes after. His seed pathetically dribbled out inside of her before leaking down her silken thighs, leaving a warm, sticky trail. As Lord Baretheus collapsed on the bed, Irie draped her naked body over him and let the full, round globes of her chest sink into his arm.

"Like I always say Irie, you're the best remedy for a long day of work." Baretheus sighed in satisfaction, tossing her a single gold coin.

"Thank you, my lord."

"You wouldn't believe how busy it is at the weapon mills nowadays. The Freyawks have been putting in orders for ludicrous amounts of weaponry; it appears that they intend to fight for their claim, should all else fail." He snorted. "Bunch of battle hungry fools, is what they are. Just between you and me," the Lord chuckled, turning to Irie. "I told the smiths to only use three quarters the normal amount of steel. The rest is iron, or whatever we can scavenge. They never can tell the difference, and it gives us some nice coin."

"You are ever so intelligent, my lord." Irie cooed, her slender hand reaching down to play with Baretheus' flaccid cock. If the Freyawks were amassing arms, it meant that the Houses were beginning to move. While Baretheus was trying to make some extra coin for his pocket, Irie could see what was really important: they were fighting with inferior weaponry. If the smiths could be bought, the swords could be made completely defective- and there was no better man to talk to for that job than Lord Baretheus, owner of the three largest forges on the Iron Shore. A connection such as this one could not be let go.

"I'm awfully attracted to smart men such as you, my lord." Irie purred, before taking his stiffening shaft into her mouth. She held her disgust as her tongue and lips coaxed Baretheus to another orgasm.

Sinister. Approved.

ShadowOfHeaven

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 18, 2012, 10:28:31 AM
Personal Name: Matthew Freyark
Family / House / Clan Name: Freyark
sex, age, appearance: 23, Male, He is leanly built, unlike his brothers who are bulkier and built like a gladiator. He has red hair that is almost rust in color, the odd one out of the five sons that his father had.
Arms
Level 1

Skills
Healing: Level 1
Daggers: Level 1
Maces: Level 1

Weapons
Short Dagger: Level 1
Mace: Level 1

The odd one of the five sons that the Freyawks had, Matthew is the third son of the brother of the current Lord of House Freyawk. While almost all Freyawks are always hungry for battle, which was evident in the way they have been requesting arms from the blacksmiths that House Baretheus employs. He does not know it is a good thing or not, but being the odd one out of the group does sometimes have its hassles, since his brothers often tease him of his place and his inclination of not using violence unless necessary.

He however is still gifted in the art of war, since he partook the training that all Freyawks had since he was young. He was however more gifted in the art of healing, the only one out of five brothers that actually had a talent for it that came from his mother, which delighted her to no end. He had no real ambition to rule... oh no, leave that to his brothers and father to do so. He was actually after the position of Chief Healer and Royal Physician in the Court, something that he always strived to work for.

Sample Writing

"You are certain of this?" Darius Freyawk fixed his errant third son with a look that demanded answers, still not believing at what he had just heard. The nerve of the boy... wanting to become a healer, just like his mother! While he grudgingly accepted that his third son took to his looks, he had his mother's brownish red hair as well as his flawless smooth face, unlike the traditional Freyawk red hair and freckled face. Apparently, that was not all that his wife passed down to his third son.

Even now, his troop leaders and even his other sons also noted that Matthew was a far more superior healer than any of the healers the House had produced, and is able to defend himself should the need arises. It was a potential boon for them, since a healer that could defend himself was rare in this day and age.

"I am certain of this father..." Matthew said in a calm, even manner. "As you know, I am far more suited in the healing areas of the House rather than the combat areas, even though I will not hesitate to defend myself should the need arises. Furthermore, once our house has taken the Throne, I propose that the Combat Healer program should be introduced into the army. It would reduce the loss of fighting men as there always be healers to patch things up and bring the army back to full combat conditions."

Darius nodded as he considered his son's plans. They were indeed sound and if the Freyawks does finally take the throne, he knew who to thank, since if what his son's plans came true, they would hold an advantage of fitter fighting men that would always be healed and ready to go to battle without the hassle of being carted off the battlefield because of injuries, or suffer the loss of fighting men due to the absence of combat capable healers.

"Very well then... I shall consider your plans, and I will summon you once we have made preparations for the conquest for the throne." He said in finality, and Matthew nodded, bowing politely to his father and left his study, wanting to meet his mother to deliver the good news to her in person.

Nice. Approved.

ShadowOfHeaven

update: "Weapon Skill" renamed "Combat" to avoid confusion with skills.

Meliai

Hmmm...Irie and Matthew both have three skills, but under Beginning in the first post says you begin with 4 (and then get 3 per level when you advance.) Can I get some clarification on that?
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

aya

ShadowOfHeaven

Quote from: Meliai on April 18, 2012, 05:45:53 PM
Hmmm...Irie and Matthew both have three skills, but under Beginning in the first post says you begin with 4 (and then get 3 per level when you advance.) Can I get some clarification on that?

I have made some minor edits since they made their characters. All those things will be resolved and polished over once we have a few more people. I am mostly just looking at general character design and writing style at the moment. Follow the outline when building your character :)

selfexiled

This sounds deliciously in depth, which I love. I didn't see it up there but was wondering about a, I guess a unique character. He would be arms but it a hunter of sorts, going out into the wilds and returning with furs from these great beasts and such.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

selfexiled

Not sure I have the numbers right on all the skills and such tell me if something needs to change or if I can improve anything since level 1 may or not be consistant with background.

Personal Name: Griffith
Family Name: Freyark
Sex, Age, Appearance: male/28/ A stout, tall man like much of his family. With long burning red hair kept in a ponytail. Strong aqua eyes, a short beard due to infrequent shaves. A slightly darker complexion than the rest of his family.

Specialty: Arms

Personality, background, motivation: Though completely fond of combat and the adrenaline it brought Griffith found that hunting the great beasts that were returning to the forest to be a greater challenge. Often harassed for staying to long in the forests and dubbed a nature boy by most of his family. He would quiet them when he returned with skins and furs that he sold in the market for a nice purse of coin. He enjoyed more the company of the innocent children who could laugh and play without some deeper reasoning. He enjoyed hearing the laughter as much as the birds in the forest. While he himself was quick to laugh at many things often appearing to never take anything seriously. Did a short stint in the city guard it was not his choice and left at first chance.

Level: 1

Skills:
Wilderness survival (1)
Craft wood (1)
Poison/ alchemy (1)
Reading/writing (1)

Combat:
Bow (1)
Knife (1)
Sword (1)
Leather armor (1)

equipment description, level:
Bow- sturdy not the highest quality but better than the average peasant (1)
Knife- given as a birthday gift some years ago it’s old and weathered but still has a fine edge (1)
Sword- basic sword that most city guards would have, issued when his family pressed him into the job. Kept after leaving the guard behind.
Leather armor- Mostly guard issue with a few replacements from the hides he had taken from the beasts of the wild.

WRITING SAMPLE:
It had been a long difficult hunt. But the pelt would fetch a good price, these large dire wolves had only returned in the past few months. While other local hunters and trappers steered clear of them because of the risk Griffith jumped at the chance.
They had made it more difficult to say the least to hunt without becoming the hunted, though Griffith made appoint to stay away from potential den sites. He was happier that they didn’t travel in packs near the same size as common wolves, likely because of their size and strength.

Griffith found one by itself, a rarity even with their habit of smaller packs. With extreme effort he took to the upwind side of him to mask his scent. Even though he’d been in the forests for a couple of weeks now, there was still a chance of this going bad if the wind changed. He climbed up a tree as quiet as he could while still rubbing his body against it, so the sap and bark smell would rub off on him.
His time was short before the wolf moved on. He knocked and drew his bow, took aim, and released…  Luck was with him the arrow hit solid in the neck, the sudden adrenaline made the wolf leap away into the brush but it was clear that it was a fatal hit. Jumping down from the tree Griffith followed the wolf. The trail of blood obvious after several feet from the initial site, the wolf had collapsed about one hundred yards later breathing hard and ragged.
Drawing his knife Griffith approached the wolf cautiously… it wasn’t dead yet and could still harm him. Circling behind the wolf Griffith in one swift motion dropped down putting its head in a reversed headlock so that the mouth was behind him and slit its throat.

Several days later he returned to the city with the cleaned pelt and a leather sack of meat. He made first for the butcher, “Good day Mitch got some fresh meat for ya.” “Aye, is good ta see ya Griff whot did’ya bring me today?” “Only the best of course. It’s dire wolf.” “Yer mad boy.” He said with a chuckle, “One day them things are gonna kill ya.” But still he weighed the meat and gave Griffith three gold for every five pounds, more than what most people get for twice the weight.
Next stop was the tailor shop, he had found that this particular fellow was fond of animal pelts in his creations and was always excited when Griffith walked in.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

ShadowOfHeaven

Quote from: selfexiled on April 23, 2012, 12:52:28 PM
Not sure I have the numbers right on all the skills and such tell me if something needs to change or if I can improve anything since level 1 may or not be consistant with background.

Personal Name: Griffith
Family Name: Freyark
Sex, Age, Appearance: male/28/ A stout, tall man like much of his family. With long burning red hair kept in a ponytail. Strong aqua eyes, a short beard due to infrequent shaves. A slightly darker complexion than the rest of his family.

Specialty: Arms

Personality, background, motivation: Though completely fond of combat and the adrenaline it brought Griffith found that hunting the great beasts that were returning to the forest to be a greater challenge. Often harassed for staying to long in the forests and dubbed a nature boy by most of his family. He would quiet them when he returned with skins and furs that he sold in the market for a nice purse of coin. He enjoyed more the company of the innocent children who could laugh and play without some deeper reasoning. He enjoyed hearing the laughter as much as the birds in the forest. While he himself was quick to laugh at many things often appearing to never take anything seriously. Did a short stint in the city guard it was not his choice and left at first chance.

Level: 1

Skills:
Wilderness survival (1)
Craft wood (1)
Poison/ alchemy (1)
Reading/writing (1)

Combat:
Bow (1)
Knife (1)
Sword (1)
Leather armor (1)

equipment description, level:
Bow- sturdy not the highest quality but better than the average peasant (1)
Knife- given as a birthday gift some years ago it’s old and weathered but still has a fine edge (1)
Sword- basic sword that most city guards would have, issued when his family pressed him into the job. Kept after leaving the guard behind.
Leather armor- Mostly guard issue with a few replacements from the hides he had taken from the beasts of the wild.

WRITING SAMPLE:
It had been a long difficult hunt. But the pelt would fetch a good price, these large dire wolves had only returned in the past few months. While other local hunters and trappers steered clear of them because of the risk Griffith jumped at the chance.
They had made it more difficult to say the least to hunt without becoming the hunted, though Griffith made appoint to stay away from potential den sites. He was happier that they didn’t travel in packs near the same size as common wolves, likely because of their size and strength.

Griffith found one by itself, a rarity even with their habit of smaller packs. With extreme effort he took to the upwind side of him to mask his scent. Even though he’d been in the forests for a couple of weeks now, there was still a chance of this going bad if the wind changed. He climbed up a tree as quiet as he could while still rubbing his body against it, so the sap and bark smell would rub off on him.
His time was short before the wolf moved on. He knocked and drew his bow, took aim, and released…  Luck was with him the arrow hit solid in the neck, the sudden adrenaline made the wolf leap away into the brush but it was clear that it was a fatal hit. Jumping down from the tree Griffith followed the wolf. The trail of blood obvious after several feet from the initial site, the wolf had collapsed about one hundred yards later breathing hard and ragged.
Drawing his knife Griffith approached the wolf cautiously… it wasn’t dead yet and could still harm him. Circling behind the wolf Griffith in one swift motion dropped down putting its head in a reversed headlock so that the mouth was behind him and slit its throat.

Several days later he returned to the city with the cleaned pelt and a leather sack of meat. He made first for the butcher, “Good day Mitch got some fresh meat for ya.” “Aye, is good ta see ya Griff whot did’ya bring me today?” “Only the best of course. It’s dire wolf.” “Yer mad boy.” He said with a chuckle, “One day them things are gonna kill ya.” But still he weighed the meat and gave Griffith three gold for every five pounds, more than what most people get for twice the weight.
Next stop was the tailor shop, he had found that this particular fellow was fond of animal pelts in his creations and was always excited when Griffith walked in.

It takes a brave man to head into the wild! Approved.

selfexiled

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

ShadowOfHeaven

Quote from: selfexiled on April 26, 2012, 04:22:37 PM
Excellent. So when we startin this shindig?

I would like at least 2 of each character type and then we can begin.

ShadowOfHeaven