Coming from the shadow, take 2

Started by Soveliss, March 15, 2016, 05:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soveliss

Hello all!

Well, I am so itching to play in the Urban Arcana setting, I really love this setting, because I find it awesome.

For those who don't know the setting, it's kinda D&D in the modern world. Elves, dwarves, halfelins, gnomes, goblins and such drop in the modern world with only memories of their direct experiences and closely held beliefs, the common tongue replaced in their minds with the local language. The magic came back, but most people are oblivious to it. Most people don't believe in elves and dwarves and wizards, and they can't accept it being real. So a wizard throwing a fireball into a crowd will leave people remembering a terrorist throwing a Molotov cocktail, stuff like that.

I'm sure a freeform kind of play can work, so here's the basic idea: Soveliss, young priestess of Sehanine just got dropped in the forest and made her way to town, where she will meet your character, a local human martial artist or soldier or other type who is good at fighting, and adventure will come knocking. Of course your character will accept the call to adventure, and will have to fight an enemy (I'm thinking of using Draco Industries, a Megacorp whose leader is an Efrit and wants to conquer the world, owning an extensive PMC of lowly goblin, kobolds and orc grunts, all the way to ogre, troll and drow spec ops, as well as many lawyers and spin doctors so that their PMC's activities don't get that much infamy).

Anyone interested?
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.