Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Emjay

And the sheet has been completed and sent in! Yay me!
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Rel Mayer

Awesome sheets, peeps!

Loving my inbox right now... :)

Bibliophilia

-adds another to the pile and starts plotting for my male.-

So, I was thinking about either a member of the Kingsguard, or a sell sword, or a sort of personal protector, kind of like Brienne was for Lady Stark.  But, the last two sort of require someone who wants to use the character in some fashion.  If I don't get any interest as far as that goes, then I'm perfectly happy making a member of the Kingsguard.

Caela

Emjay

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 30, 2016, 07:03:27 PM
-adds another to the pile and starts plotting for my male.-

So, I was thinking about either a member of the Kingsguard, or a sell sword, or a sort of personal protector, kind of like Brienne was for Lady Stark.  But, the last two sort of require someone who wants to use the character in some fashion.  If I don't get any interest as far as that goes, then I'm perfectly happy making a member of the Kingsguard.

So you need someone to employ this character? I just made the eldest of House Arryn. She would definitely need a personal protector.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

summoner2183

Bibliophilia

I would love to play that, Emjay.  That idea just sort of popped into my head the other night, and I got all excited at the idea of playing it.  I see the role as something like a combination of Brienne, The Hound and Bronn.  Does that work for you?

Emjay

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 30, 2016, 07:49:22 PM
I would love to play that, Emjay.  That idea just sort of popped into my head the other night, and I got all excited at the idea of playing it.  I see the role as something like a combination of Brienne, The Hound and Bronn.  Does that work for you?

That totally does! My girl knows how to fight but she definitely needs protection in case she's ever outnumbered. She also needs someone that she trusts, there's a lot of treacherous people around her. I'll PM you her character sheet ^^
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Aiden

Once I am approved, if anyone wants a weapon forged of Stormsteel let me know.
Stormsteel is rare, but not as rare as Valyrian Steel. I pictured it is a step down from Valyrian steel, expensive enough to keep it out of the hands of normal knights. Perfect for lesser nobles or their knights who can't have something legendary.

It looks like Damascus steel and better known in Essos. But someone who has been in the east could have returned with one and made it a new family heirloom.

While it may look decorative, it is not.

summoner2183

I am currently fleshing out my character and discussing his relationship to Primarch's Lannister character. :D

Rel Mayer

You guys can feel free to post your pending sheets here if it helps with plotting!

I'm just wanting Red to look at them before they're approved, so sorry about the wait!

Aiden

Pending approval, but this is Macgowan Stormforge (Grandson to Gendry Storm- Robert Baratheon last surviving bastard)

--------------------------------------------
Macgowan Stormforge
"Stormhammer of Qohor"
"Chomak"
"The Golden Bull"

Full Name: Macgowan R.(Robert) Stormforge

Occupation: Master Blacksmith, Freerider, Dothraki Screamer, Sell sword

House: Stormforge of Qohor

City: Qohor

History:

Long ago, a man by the name of Davos Seaworth took a risk and saved the life of Gendry Storm. Gendry Storm was one of the bastards of the murdered King Robert Baratheon. After the man's death, the race for power and decrees by a house that had no right to the throne, placed Gendry at risk. It was Davos who sent the boy away, wishing him well and making him promise never to return to Westeros.

Gendry, barely learning about his lineage managed to make it to Essos and sell his services as a smith in Bravos. In time he made his way to Qohor to study under the same guild of craftsman his former master had. Gendry changed his name to Stormforge, honoring both his birth land and his new home.  Over the years he established himself as a master smith, married and had plenty of sons who all became smiths or merchants themselves. House Stormforge was not like the houses of the west, they had no banners to their call but they grew in fame for a unique secret known as Stormsteel as well as being able to reforge Valyrian Steel. While they had no knights, few of his sons became sell swords or mercenaries but the majority became smiths and merchants. One was not born a Stormforge without learning to wield a hammer or a sword.

Macgowan is the youngest of the third generation, with a 4th already well underway, the Stormforges became a influential and wealthy family of Qohor. Born with an insatiable thirst for life, he joined one of the free companies as soon as he could, serving as both a smith and a sell sword alike. In his travels he has seen most of the known world except for Westeros up close. Once he took his fill of the politics of the free cities he looked towards the Dothraki Sea.

He traded his services to a Khalasar in order to ride with them into battle where he learned to hone his skill on a horse. In his service to his Khal he learned the language, took part in many victories and was close to settling into the life of a nomad. But as all things in life, he decided to move on (with the blessing of the Khal) and left for his next adventure.

The ocean nearly killed him, after spending most of his life on land he struggled to gain his "sea legs" but found the calling of the sea intoxicating. He never became a good sailor but a smith was always in need in one shape or another. It was during this time he sought to learn the secrets of Valyrian Steel. While reforging it was not an issue for the smiths of Qohor, he dreamed of being able to relearn those lost secrets. He attempted to journey to Valyria and almost died, with his quest failed he returned home in time to care for his grandfather in his last day. Gendry Stormforge, master smith, beloved father, grandfather+ spoke of Westeros. Of friends he left behind of a man who saved his life. After the man passed, he turned to his father and made him a promise. One last adventure, a trip to Westeros to thank House Seaworth for saving his grandfather and he would return to Qohor and settle down, a promise he intended to keep

Family Connections:

Huge family back in Qohor (Background)
Barratheon family of Stormlands
Shireen Baratheon - Great Aunt

Appearance:

Macgowan tends to dress in Essos fashion, when not adopting the current fashion of the situation he finds himself in, dull colored tunics and slacks. Most fashion tends to be light and airy, easy to remove for the warm and humid climates of the land he calls home. While working in the forge, it is practical to protect the body as needed. A lifetime of working on the forge has given him a minor resistance fire and high temperatures.

His arms and shoulders are well developed from a lifetime of swinging a hammer and working with heavy tools to craft weapons. His skin is lightly marred with small burns, all proof of mistakes he made as an apprentice smith long ago.

His hair is kept short and out of the way.

Personality:
Some children are content to learn about the world from books or stories, Macgowan wanted to witness it first hand. From the time he could walk he was curious and downright reckless. He scared his mother and siblings by climbing, hiding and exploring all parts of their home the moment he could walk. Once he was able to escape the house he learned the city of Qohor and over time more of the surrounding lands. His parents thought they could channel his energy into crafting but it only held his attention for burst of time.

As he grew older his thirsts for life increased, exploration, adventure, occasional nights drinking and womanizing were as entertaining as boarding a merchant vessel simply to visit a new city and get lost for days before returning. Macgown wants to see the world and nothing will stop him. 

Aspirations and Goals:

• Learn about Westeros and its customs, his grandfather's birthland
  • Thank House Seaworth for saving his grandfather's life
  • Become a knight or even a squire for a period of time to add to his resume
  • See the wall and maybe the lands past it
  • Confirm if his family descended from the Barratheon Bloodline

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quriks:

• Skilled Fighter in single and formation combat
  • Skilled Horsemen
  • Master Blacksmith
  • Fluent in Valyrian, Dothraki and Common

Weaknesses:

• Cocky/Arrogant
  • Reckless
  • Stubborn

Character Death: Open to Discussion

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Player's O&Os N/A - TBD based on IC relationships

Other Pictures

Primarch

Qohoric steel is considered finer than Castle Forged Steel. Every Lord says they have the finest armour money can buy but there's one Lord who can outspend them all. If Macgowan wants a place where he'll really make some bank, House Lannister are always in the market for a real blacksmith.

Bibliophilia

Maeryn Tyrell
"Queen of Nettles | Lady Elysium"

Full Name: Lady Maeryn Laila Tyrell

Occupation: Wife of Shaen Lannister, Head of House Tyrell/De Facto Head of House Tyrell

House: Tyrell

City: Highgarden

History:

Maeryn was the eldest daughter of Tymen Mace Tyrell, eldest son of Tommen Lannister and Margaery Tyrell.  She was raised with all the graces and cunning held important by her grandmother, with the expectation that she would marry into the Lannister family and retain control of the Tyrell house.  Her life was planned almost from the moment of her conception, by her grandmother, Margaery.  The Tyrells desired to retain their strong connection to the Lannister family, while keeping the control of their house in the hands of a woman.  For that reason, they arranged her marriage to one of the many Lannister boys when she was approaching her bleeding time, while the boy was still only seven years old and five years her junior.

Maeryn was blessed with her grandmother's quick mind and natural social graces, as well as her great-grandmother's wit and pragmatism.  She viewed her marriage as a necessity, and only hoped that she would be able to tolerate her husband while keeping a subtle control over his actions.  She was clever enough to hide the fact that her passions were not the same as other girls, and, with the help of her grandmother, learned how to keep her unconventional interests a secret.  Margaery often told her stories of Loras, and how he had managed to survive by making himself indispensable so that any rumors of his supposedly "unnatural" attractions did not hinder him.  It was from Margaery that she learned how to accept the affection and attentions of a man, even if she felt no desire for him.

When the boy who would be her husband was old enough, there was a grand wedding in Highgarden, celebrating the union of House Tyrell and House Lannister once more.  That night, Maeryn began to cement her control over him by the careful application of gentleness and understanding.  It helped that he was barely fourteen.  Over the following years, she maintained the proud state of House Tyrell, standing behind her husband in public as he took the actions she had suggested in private.  Her role as the true Head of House Tyrell was not unknown to anyone, even her husband, who was more than happy to let her make the decisions.  Often, when in Highgarden, she will handle affairs herself, without her husband in attendance, if it is decided that the others involved do not require the attendance of the official Head of House Tyrell. 

Family Connections:

Great-Grandparents:  Lady Alerie Tyrell and Lord Mace Tyrell  |  King Robert Baratheon (Jamie Lannister) and Queen Cersei Lannister
Grandparents:  Lady Margaery Tyrell & Lord Tommen Lannister
Parents:  Lady Saige Tyrell & Lord Tymen Mace Tyrell

Husband:  Lord Shaen Lannister

Appearance:

Maeryn prefers soft colors in her clothing, but given the dyes available in Highgarden, due to the plants that flourish there, she is rarely seen in white.  Her pale blue eyes and golden-brown hair are complimented by shades of pastel green, blue and yellow, as well as ellaborate embroidery of rich metallic threads.  Her jewelry is often understated, given her wealth, and she, like her grandmother, does not shy away from showing a bit of skin to use her natural assets to her advantage.  A peppering of freckles adorns her high cheekbones and the bridge of her slender nose, as well as the pale skin of her upper chest.  Her figure is slender with coltish legs and an almost boyish frame.  Full lips and a familiar slant make her playful smile strongly reminiscent of her grandmother's.

Personality:

Maeryn is known for being fair, but strong.  She truly cares for the people of The Reach, and does everything in her power to ensure that all of her people are prosperous and happy.  Her bannermen are treated with respect and consideration, for she knows that without them Highgarden is at the mercy of the rest of Westeros.  She is intelligent, gracious and kind, but capable of great strength and cunning when necessary.  Those who have had dealings with her, or with her husband, have learned that they will be unable to pull one over on House Tyrell, and any attempts to pull a fast one can result in dire consequences.  Maeryn has been the cause of more than a few merchants falling into obscurity after their attempts to disrespect her, or her husband, either by overcharging for goods or attempting to strongarm Tyrell by one means or another.  The Lady's connections are vast, and she is ruthless when it comes to ruining those who cross her, though her methods are subtle and sly.  A minor dignitary who though himself important and handsome enough to get away with pressing his advances on Maeryn beyond the eye of her husband soon learned the truth of his station after Maeryn's carefully worded letter reached the hands of his superiors, and she received word back that his new position involved feeding his liegelord's pigs. 

Aspirations and Goals:

- Ensure the continued prosperity and strength of The Reach
- See one of her children on the Iron Throne
- Raise children who are clever, capable and kind

Strengths:

Clever
Beautiful
Pragmatic
Gracious
Down to Earth
Rich
Connected

Weaknesses:

Homosexual
Sentimental
Female
Vengeful
Brazen
Sarcastic

Character Death: Yes

Sexuality: Maeryn feigns heterosexuality, but she is secretly homosexual.

Player's O&Os Biblio's O&Os

Other Pictures

Primarch

Lockepick

I'm swapping out my Greyjoy for potentially a Lannister as well! Working with the GMs via PMs now -- but more than happy to work with other Lannisters.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Aiden

Quote from: Primarch on April 30, 2016, 08:52:55 PM
Qohoric steel is considered finer than Castle Forged Steel. Every Lord says they have the finest armour money can buy but there's one Lord who can outspend them all. If Macgowan wants a place where he'll really make some bank, House Lannister are always in the market for a real blacksmith.

Good to keep in mind and yes, the Stormforges are all working out of Qohor so plot stuff can be worked out.

Bibliophilia

Primarch

Bibliophilia

-snickers.-  Oh, but she loves to flirt!  Flirting is universal.

Primarch

Quote from: lockepick on April 30, 2016, 09:00:48 PM
I'm swapping out my Greyjoy for potentially a Lannister as well! Working with the GMs via PMs now -- but more than happy to work with other Lannisters.

Good! We'll have a fine Lannister brood at the beginning. What you got in mind for the character?

Quote from: Aiden on April 30, 2016, 09:05:00 PM
Good to keep in mind and yes, the Stormforges are all working out of Qohor so plot stuff can be worked out.

Excellent. We'll sort something out.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 30, 2016, 09:09:52 PM
-snickers.-  Oh, but she loves to flirt!  Flirting is universal.

That must make her husband feel super nervous.
"Great, my wife...the Lady Paramount of the Reach and my cousin....the Lord Paramount of the Westerlands are flirting. Surely nothing bad can come of this. I'll just get something to drink I guess."

There should be rumours that Maeryn is cuckolding her husband with Ragnar. Everyone is completely oblivious to the fact if she's cuckolding her husband its with some woman/women at court. In a society like Westeros its just more likely it would be with her husbands wealthier, more powerful cousin over someone of the same sex.

Primarch

Since we appear to be posting pending apps. Here's mine:

Full Name: Ragnar Lannister

House: Lannister

City: Casterly Rock

History:
Ragnar Lannister is the eldest child of Lord Tygett Lannister who was the son of Lord Jaime Lannister (who they called Goldhand). After Daenaerys Targaryen brought dragonfire to Westeros the Lord-Commander of the Kingsguard conceded that he was needed more at home. He grew up during a time of recovery, when the mines of Casterly Rock were set to work to refill the treasury and rebuild after the land was scarred by war. Lord Jaime lived to a ripe old age. He spent decades fixing the problems caused by his family. Though it was a Marbrand he took to wife it was Cersei that he loved, even as a young boy Ragnar could see the love between Jaime & Cersei. After being named a Knight he achieved fame by following in the steps of Gerion Lannister and sought out his ancient family sword. He was gone for three years but upon his return he had discovered the sword Brightroar and many other treasures among the smoking ruins of Valyria.

Ragnar's father had precious few years as Lord, he died of a bad belly when Ragnar was a man of naught and two. Already a famous tourney Knight and man that had impressed his Maester from a young age it was believed he would make a good leader and it proved true. Ragnar immediately went about furthering the status of House Lannister, he improved trade passing through Lannisport and the free cities, often traveling abroad personally to take part in the diplomacy. With the power and wealth of House Lannister secure he looks to assure its future in a different way. Ragnar Lannister needs a wife and he needs an heir.   

Family Connections:
Wife: Unmarried Please contact to plot
Aunt: Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
Siblings: Open
Cousins: Open
Paramour: A woman from Lys, open.

Appearance:

Ragnar does not stand a giant among men but what he lacks in scale he makes up for in presence. Even among the warriors of Westeros his physique is considered impressive. He has the typical blonde hair and green eyes flecked with gold of a Lannister. The Lion of the West favours red & gold in his attire though black is also popular. He has come to wearing a large golden-chain of office around his neck, with sigil to make clear his different titles.

In tourney or battle Ragnar wears a heavy suit of plate. The armour carries all the lion symbolism one would expect of a Lannister suit, the shoulder pauldrons form great lion maws and the helmet bears the visage of the beat roaring. He will often wear a heavy cloak with a lion skin mantle over the shoulders and red silk forming the majority of the cloak itself.

Personality:
Ragnar Lannister is first and foremost a ruthless pragmatist. Though a Knight & Lord of Westeros Ragnar's chief concern is furthering his House and the prestige of House Lannister. The Lord Paramount of the Westerland's every move is towards that goal and if it means playing to the honourable side of Westeros he will pursue that end but ultimately he is not an honourable man. He takes no qualms in dirtying his hands or playing outside typical Westerosi conventions to further his position. Though the King's Peace has allowed him to further his goals by traditionally acceptable means and as such he has thus far cultivated a desirable reputation. That being said however he believes Lords who wish to be friends with everyone around them, especially their common born soldiers are out of touch with reality. Ragnar leads the Westerlands through fear and respect. Respect for his accomplisments and strength of character keep his loyal and just bannermen in line, fear of his capacity of destroy his enemies keeps the rest in line.

He is good to his allies, sociable and amicable. He protects those that are loyal and useful and rewards accordingly. To his enemies he is without mercy or compassion though he knows to accept surrender gracefully. Enemies that can be made allies are always preferable, even if those allies need to be kept in check by taking one of their children as a hostage ward. Ragnar Lannister is fierce, cunning & ambitious.

Aspirations and Goals:

With an Aunt as Queen there is little Ragnar can do to further the House. His chief ambition is to marry as well as possible and sire an heir.
While it is difficult to further the House beyond its current status, it is not impossible. Ragnar also aims to achieve a respectable position at court.
Develop a larger fleet to ensure safety from the sea. 

Strengths:
Wealthiest man in Westeros
Peerless Commander
Excellent Administrator/Steward
Respected Diplomat
Paramount Warrior

Weaknesses:
Stubborn
Pride
Lust
Greed
Without Heir

Character Death: Yes.

Sexuality: Straight

Player's O&Os
Generally open to discussion,
Major offs include scat & permanent harm
Major ons include dubious consent, oral & exhibitionism

Other Pictures

(Include Real Life or Flavor Images here)

Bibliophilia

Oooo!  I love that idea!  -snickers.-  I imagine there would be plenty of rumors about Maeryn cuckolding her poor, ineffectual husband.  -pats his wittle head.-

Also, just to protect my claim, I'm faceclaiming Clive Standen!

sweets

If any one wants to make some plots feel free to shoot me a PM.

Darna Sharp
"The Sea Bear"

Full Name: Darna Sharp

House: Sharp

City: Bear Island is home looking to travel.

History: Darna was the first born of Lord Dran Sharp. She was never close with her father, her mother Lady Marya on the other hand she was very close to. In fact it was rumored had it not been for his Lady wife that Dran would have given his daughter to the Drowned God. Less than a year after her birth her father got the son he had always wanted Dennas. Dennas was never kind to his older sister, he nearly ‘accidently’ drowned her when they were playing Monsters and Maidens when they were young. Perhaps it was jealousy that motivated the young man, Marya doted on her daughter and never hesitated to scold her son. In what Darna would call the only kindness her brother ever did for her Dennas told her to leave the Iron Islands when their Mother and sibling died during the birthing. Darna took that advice to heart and fled at the age to fifteen. She boat she got on went to Bear Island, there despite the history between the Iron Born and the inhabitants of Bear Island she was welcomed with open arms by House Mormont. There she took up many of the ways of the Mormont’s. She became a warrior like Maege and Daecy of the past. During her time on Bear Island she cut all ties to her past, she took up the worship of the Old Gods over the Drowned God and has never reached out to anyone from her past.

Family Connections:

Lord Harmund Sharp- Grandfather (Deceased)Awarded Lordship for his support of Asha Greyjoy in the Kingsmoot.
Lord Dran Sharp- Father
Lady Marya Sharp- Mother (Deceased)
Dennas Sharp- Brother The current heir to their Father’s title
Unnamed Brother (Deceased)

House Mormon- Unofficial adopted family. 

Appearance:

Face Claim: Katheryn Winnick.

Darna has fair skin and what her brother use to call a ‘straw head’ due to the color of her hair. She is of average height for a woman though she often wears leather boots with quite the heel to make her appear taller. She is comfortable in both a dress and her armor though she prefers the former over the latter. Darna has a long scar that runs up her right leg from her calf to her knee from where she tried to jump a river when she was eight.

Personality:

Darna is a very warm person, the Mormont’s taking her in showed her that family did not begin and end with blood. She has encountered some people in the North who hold her heritage against her and strives to show that she is a loyal honorable person who does not have any interest in pillaging. Always the first and last to find a flagon Darna enjoys a good time and when very drunk will still sing sea shanties.

Aspirations and Goals:

* To bring honor to her name.
To protect Bear Island from an further raids from the Iron Born.
To find a cause that can give her worth

Strengths:
Swordwoman
A Sharp Wit
Tracking
Hunting
Shield

Weaknesses:

Anger- a bit of a hot head
Gambling
Drinking
Big mouth

Character Death: I would prefer not but if it furthers the story.

Sexuality: Straight.

Player's O&Os N/A under revision will send when updated. Very open and wanting to try new thing with Darna.

Other Pictures